Into the light
[html]

WC: 255 OOC: Amata is in Optime Smile

Days had come and gone and Amata had not been seen for weeks, though she had been home, and had not left, no she had shut herself in her room studying. It was the only way to get her mind off what had happened, the recent wounds she could not sew together, for emotion was a wisp of something one could not touch. Her family was torn right now from Artemis’s rejection that everyone was wrong Denali was dead to the actual death of the boy who seemed to have touched everyone’s life in Crimson Dreams. She’d finally been lured out of her rooms not by hunger or thirst, but by the prospect of heat. She’d seen the sun shining, and though it was still cool, it was by far warmer than it had been for a while. She made her way down the stairs and out the door to find herself not wanting to leave the porch, in fact she would rather just sit right where she was and be happy.

She listened to herself and sat, though a bit further away from the door, but she watched the area of the mansion, seeing its beauty, though she’d seen it countless times before it was always something to look at, to enjoy. She was feeling less depressed now, getting back to her old self, and she hoped nothing more would mar her progression, she missed being the happy go lucky pup she was, she’d even been as depressed as to miss her own birthday.... which she felt even more guilty for not even joining in.

<style type="text/css">
.allifreebei06 b {font-weight:bold; color:#eff2ef; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e4642; }
.allifreebei06-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e4642; text-align:center;}
.allifreebei06 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.allifreebei06 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#b3cabd; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebei06.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #eff2ef; padding: 105px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e4642; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.allifreebei06-border1 {width:486px; border:1px solid #3e4642; margin:0 auto;}
.allifreebei06-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9cafa6; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
OOc: Leo is here to bug Amata! Big Grin

Leon had risen early and watched the sun rise over the trees to the east from the roof of the mansion, wishing he had risen early enough to go to the lake for this moment. Still, he was content to stay there and meditate in the cool breeze over what had transpired recently for him, starting from his morning and working backwards, keeping an easy calm even when he reached thoughts of his brother, and, worse to him, of failing to bring down the demented child that had given him his new scars. He forced himself to stay calm with deep breathing, going further and further into his memory. Although he had yet to fully accept the loss of his family, he had come to terms with their deaths, allowing him some ease on the topic.

Ever since he had gained the ability to morph, Leon had remained in Optime form when near other wolves, feeling more secure in his ability to defend himself. But his Lupus form was still his form of choice, and he would take to it when he went off at night to be alone, which was a common thing, with his returned nightmares and flashbacks.

He had been going over a memory of his childhood with his foster parents in which Leon and Phoenix had rolled their step brother in a large mud puddle, turning the poor boy's white fur into a dark brown color, when he heard someone come outside. He tilted his head as he caught a familiar scent drifting in the wind, of someone he had not seen nor spoken to since their short talk by the lake. He hesitated at first, then slide to the lip of the porches roof.

Once he had balanced himself on the roofing, Leon hung his head over the lip, and his eyes found the woman sitting comfortably to the side of the door, slowly looking around the mansion's yard. He stared at her for a while, considering carefully if he had a place to speak. She seemed so content at the moment. Maybe even happy. The last time he had seen her, she was torn up over Denalis death, and he felt terrible for not being able to ease the pain. Slowly and quietly, as if he thought his voice would make her disappear again, Leon spoke up.

"Its good to see you out again, Amata. The light compliments you more than the shadows."
[html]

WC: 256 OOC: :3 Poor leon always getting his compliments shafted on him Wink

If she had thought anyone was there she’d expect the voice to come from the ground, and not from the sky, so when she heard Leonard’s voice she jumped to her feet, eyes wide, until she spotted the head of the man she’d invited here, puttng a hand over her chest she sighed, trying to catch her breathing up to her heart.

“My goodness Leon, you gave me a start, what are you doing up there?”

She asked, ignoring his flattering comment. She was not going for it yet, not after that other wolf had done the same, layered her with compliments and love, and then took them all back with one sweeping movement. She would not be so easy to get to this time around and she knew it. She finally relaxed as she could feel her heart calm in her chest. She had been shut up in that mansion way too long, she thought, as she looked at him, he did look kind of cute hanging there like that, but her doctor side couldn’t help but interfere.

“You are going to faint from too much blood to your head, come down here so you don’t fall on me, I’ve had one roof fall that will last me the rest of my life.”

She said, indicating Artemis’ fall, of course he would have heard about it by now, unless he was some kind of hermit, and she would continue to assume until he proved her wrong.

<style type="text/css">
.allifreebei06 b {font-weight:bold; color:#eff2ef; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e4642; }
.allifreebei06-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e4642; text-align:center;}
.allifreebei06 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#b3cabd; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebei06.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #eff2ef; padding: 105px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e4642; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.allifreebei06-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9cafa6; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
OOc: lol what did poor Leon do. Q_Q XD Oh well, he'll just tease Amata when he gets chances. Tongue

Leon grinned when she ignored his compliment. 'Same old Amata.' He thought, taking this as a sign she was feeling better, if only a bit. The day was young yet, he supposed, then chuckled to himself when he noticed he had startled her. He spoke up, in a teasing voice, tilting his head to the side, so his muzzle wasn't fully in her direction.

"Oh, and did I frighten the poor girl? Haha, why, I am simply admiring the view."

His response was a double sided answer, as he had been watching the sun rise, though he would admit to himself that the sun wasn't all he was admiring. But when she mentioned that someone else had fallen, he turned his muzzle to her again, curiosity in his eyes. This was news to him, as he wasn't particularly a social wolf. He decided to voice his question, forgetting about her comment about passing out from blood rushing to his head.

"Is that so? Well, I promise I won't fall, if that is what you're implying. Besides, I don't feel... Er..."

Leon blinked as he felt a sudden pressure in his head, forcing him to close his eyes and withdraw for a bit so he could sit up. Rubbing his head, he stood up, composed himself, then walked to the edge of the roof, dropping and hanging by his hands before falling the shortened distance to the ground. Once he was down, he stood, stretched, and walked to the porches stairs with and embarrassed grin. He muttered the his first few words, but raised his voice to a more cheerful tone.

"Okay, fine. So my blood will knock me out if I stay upside down... But I didn't fall, so I'm not a complete nut... And how is the doctor feeling this morning?"

His question came out again teasingly, but he was worried on the inside. It may have been weeks since Amata secluded herself, but his own experience taught him that solitude alone could not always heal the wounds.
[html]

WC: 301 OOC: Poor amata ; ; Leo's so mean to herrr

Amata scowled at him as he teased her and rolled her eyes choosing to ignore those words, she’d find a way to throw them back at him later on when he was least expecting it, and she already knew her revenge was in the process as she had warned him about staying upside down for too long, though deep down in her mind he did look rather cute after his initial startle, but she wasn’t going to say that out loud. Folding her arms as he made his way down she rolled her eyes.

“I can’t be perfect about every thing,”

She said giving him a mock smile, it was true, she’d been wrong about a lot, the only thing she was sure she was right in, was her medicinal abilities, though there were a few animals she’d tried to help and failed. She had learned from them, and would continue learning through the rest of her life.

“Nothing new I’m afraid, I have possibly went over board on studying though...”

She said shaking her head. She needed an outlet, something to do. Other than studying, and any of her other medical work. Since he was the only one around her now she figured he’d be a good one to ask what he did normally.

“What do you do when you have free time? I know my mother knits, but I don’t know... I think i need something more than studying.”

She looked down at her hands not wanting to see his more than likely laughing expression at her. She figured that was going to happen. The book worm who had no other hobbies, she needed to find another outlet, and only way she could was to ask.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
OOc: She's the one picking on Leo! :O wait... no...

"I'm not asking you to be. Everyone makes mistakes. All I ask is that you be yourself, and not change that."

He said, his smile genuine as he starred at the white wolf. He was enjoying his little game, teasing the woman but was still himself, and more than capable of being serious. So far she wasn't showing any signs of sorrow, so he had teased her. Her face actually showed a kind of irritation with his words, as well as something else, something he couldn't understand.

He tilted his head curiously as she remarked on her studying curious what she meant. He'd never read a book, so he wouldn't understand her remark. But when she asked what he did with his free time, Leon perked up again. He didn't knit, or draw, even hunt when he was bored. He grinned in a friendly way and leaned against a support beam nest to the stairs.

"To be honest, I don't do anything like you're mother. Or Mati either. Drawing is fun, and I have no idea what it means to knit, but my heart prefers the call of nature. I run, to get to know the area better, and to get away from thinking for a while. I sit near running water, such as brooks or small rivers when I want to relax and just enjoy my day. Or, when I need to come to terms with an incident or thought, I seek out larger bodies of water. And if you really need to just get away for a while, there's always the-"

Leon paused his rambling and looked back Amata, noticing her avoiding his gaze. He bit his lip as he studied her, taking in her odd behavior. She hadn't avoided his gaze... Not even when they spoke by the lake. Maybe he was over worrying, but her face seemed disheartened. He had a nagging feeling her question had something to do with it. He walked a bit closer to her and cleared his throat to get attention, then spoke in a gentle tone.

"Amata? What's bothering you?"
[html]

OOC: Sorry so short ; ;

His words did not help her at all. She wanted to DO something not sit. She did enough of that when she studied, but what else could she do? She wasn't anything without her medical skills. She looked up when he asked what was wrong.

"It's nothing really, I just need something to DO, I can't just sit and think all the time, that's ALL I do... I just figured you'd know of anything, that might help but I guess since you're new to being a Luperci...

She sighed, maybe she could learn how to knit or sew, she heard there were some wolves who knew how to make clothing, but not everyone wore clothes, she herself only wore them when she wanted to, and even then it was rare, most of the time it was in the winter that she would wear anything. There was probably no other point in that. Besides most clothes these days dealt with leather, and she didn't think she could work leather, not from an animal, she had a hard enough time killing her own dinner.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
OOc: lol, thought I'd try something XD

[html]

OOC Leo introduces his pessimism..! XD

Leon tilted his head as Amata spoke, starting to understand what the female had meant. He crossed his arms though, knowing that his favorite activity probably wouldn't be well recieved for Amata. While he still didn't know everything about his beautiful friend, he knew that she wasn't a wolf who killed without reason. The male furrowed his brow as he considered another possibility, not knowing what else he could suggest.

"I'm sorry Amata. The only things I do for the sake of doing are tracking and hunting, but I didn't think you'd want to try those..."

He said hesitantly. Leon knew that Amata, like himself, understood the value of all life, and wouldn't kill another creature without just cause. He lowered his ears in apprehension, and, admittedly, from the comment of his recent mutation. He backed himself to his beam again and remained there in silence for a short time, his face lowered as he reconsidered himself. And he found that she was right. The Timber wasn't a Luperci. He was simply a wolf, through and through. A realization that forced the man's eyes closed.

With a sigh, Leon re-crossed his arms and opened his eyes, which had taken on their familiar ice. His voice was controled as he spoke up once more, his thoughts again his own.

"I'm sorry. What you say is true. I'm not much of a Luperci. I honestly only know how to be a regular wolf. I will offer what help I can, but it likely won't be much..."

<style>
.leoriver01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.leoriver01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.leoriver01 b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.leoriver01 {background-color:#c0cfb5; background-image:url(http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5813 ... iver01.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#315035; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 326 OOC: Yeah she shows her optimism negates his pessimism. Big Grin

Yes she was dishearted by his words and how he mentioned all he did was track and hunt, she sighed and looked at her feet,Yes it was disappointing, but how could she expect the new luperci to know so much with their hands she shook her head when he mentioned scouting and hunting. She was neither of those, though she could hunt she only did it out of absolute neccessary.

“No I can do them, I just don’t think it’s very leisure.”

She said quietly her tone slightly sullen, but what came out of his mouth next made her feel terrible she covered her mouth with her hand as he spoke, but dropped it, her eyes worried that she’d offended him.

“I did not meen to imply... I just, I’m sorry it isn’t so bad really. I’ve lived my own life being a luperci I don’t know much about being just a wolf, so maybe you have it lucky?”

She asked hoping those words would make him feel slightly better. She didn’t mean to imply anything was bad at all. She couldn’t help but look away at the horizon, tapping her finger on her chin... then she got an idea, brightening a bit.

“Hey, has there been anything you actually wanted to learn? Maybe we could both find a way to try it!”

Maybe even exploring the city could help them find some kind of hidden talents they never knew they possessed? This excited the woman, and to go out exploring again, something she had not done in ages... it would be nice, but she would only do it if he agreed to. They didn’t have to go out now, but later, she didn’t want to put too much pressure on her friend. There was some stuff to do before going on a journey anyway and to her Halifax was a journey.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

OOc: lol, Leo's pessimism dies on him. XD Let me know if I made a mistake.

When Leon noticed Amata cover her mouth, he bite his lip and looked away. ’Idiot! You shouldn’t have done that!’ He berated himself. He should be able to control himself. Now he felt like he had lashed out at his friend, the woman he owed so much to and cared for more than she knew. He looked up with a apologetic look as she offered an apology and tried to cheer him up. Biting his lip once more, He blinked before saying;

”I’m sorry Amata… I shouldn’t have reacted in such a shameful way… I know you didn’t mean it in an insulting way, I’m just… I’m not used to social interactions. I’m an introverted wolf. A izoliuoti siela, as my uncles pack called me. You’re fairly lucky, actually. You can read, treat and heal wounds, and are beautiful… As a normal wolf, I have bland talents, then there are these…”

He finished, tracing his scars on his face. He began to ponder what he said and nearly hit himself in the head. ’Smooth Leonard… very smooth… He thought as he shook his head. With luck, Amata wouldn’t get upset with him. If not… Well, he'd get what he deserved in the end.

When Amata asked him if he wanted to learn anything, Leon smiled hesitantly, his ears perking up a bit. He wouldn’t even think of turning her down, even without his previous overreaction. He thought carefully about what he wanted to learn and spoke up with a distracted tone.

”Well… I’m interested in learning how to read and write. Other things would be swordsmanship, possibly some medical training, bird taming, exploring these human ruins, and, maybe… how to… ride a… horse…”

Leon looked down, realizing that his last suggestion was something the white wolfess probably already knew how to do. He rubbed his head, believing he was looking even more foolish before his companion.

"Do you have any suggestions for what to do Amata? I'd be more than happy to try something new with you."

<style>
.leoriver01 {background-color:#c0cfb5; background-image:url(http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5813 ... iver01.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#315035; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 366 OOC: Smile we may end this soon, and have a small trip to Halifax where we can find some gooddies

She smiled at him, trying to be reassuring, though she ignored much of what he said about her, his flattery would have to to better than that, especially to sneak the word beautiful in working traits. He mentioned his own bland abilities and she shook her head, though catching him as he traced his scars.

“No, it is a necessity to hunt. We need our hunters, and those scars only prove that you fought for something you believe in. It doesn’t matter how many you hold, you will still be a fine wolf, I’m sure that come time you will find something, just like I’m sure I will."

She said confidently, yes right now she was feeling sorry for herself, but she was confident that she could find something in her leisure time, something to fill the void of emptiness. She listened to what he wanted. At least he knew what he wanted. She smiled at him.

“I might be able to help you with the reading and writing bit, even a bit on the healing, after all that’s what i do, but I have not done any of the other things."

Was he embarrassed that he didn’t know how to ride a horse? She knew many wolves in her own pack who couldn’t though many who could. She was one of the wolves who was not much on a horse. She loved the beasts, but to ride on one... well that secretly frightened her, like she was going to say that in front of him.

“Maybe we can go to Halifax? I know it has so much over there, that we are bound to find something, I mean... not right now, in a few days perhaps, but I haven’t been out doing what i’ve done best in a long time.”

She thought reminiscing over how much trouble she’d gotten into as a pup when she went out on her explorations. She knew that was not bound to happen now. She was a free wolf after all, and perhaps a small trip outside of the pack lands would do her a little good.

<style type="text/css">
.amatatable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#84B755; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.amatatable1-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; }
.amatatable1 p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.amatatable1 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... amatat.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #AAA299; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#CBBDA6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.amatatable1-line1 {width:436px; border-bottom:1px dotted #D7D3D0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

OOC Okay, to Halifax! :3

The confidence in Amata's voice almost made Leon believe that even a hunter was a valuable asset for Crimson dreams, but he shook the thought away. The Dreamers were peaceful people, and where he came from, the adults were all to be warriors. Peace was protected by his family for generations, for themselves and for surrounding packs, so knowing how to fight was one of the first things pups learned. Still, thinking of his scars as signs of his dedication to his beliefs made the occasionally painful tissue worth it. He smiled at her, grateful for the thought, but not willing to let his thoughts out.

”Thank you. If you believe you can teach someone as slow as myself, than, I would appreciate a lesson or two in those fields.”

The Timber listened to her suggestion with curiosity, wondering what Halifax was, and where as well. She seemed confident about there being things in the area. He nodded when she said that it would probably be a few days before they left, knowing that there were things she likely needed to take care of with the rest of the pack. Which led him to another thought...

”Alright, it sounds like a plan than. I believe I remember where Halifax is... You can take as long as you need to, Amata. I understand, and can wait. What is it you do best, exactly?”

Leon questioned, curious about what she had meant by that. Did she mean her medical treatments? Or was it something else? The timber began to realize that he didn't truly know all that much about his ivory companion. With a shrug, he let the thought slide to his sub-conscious for the time being. Perhaps he would learn more about his companion while they traveled together. If she still wanted to that is.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc

Her words seemed to bring up the dark male’s spirits and this made Amata happy. She meant every word she said, but she wasn’t sure if it would go through to him. Leonard seemed to understand it was all true, and the more hunters they had the more they could survive. this was the value they had on themselves.

“I can teach anyone, even a squirell how to read, and write, it will be long, and probably frustrating but I think you can do it!”

She said. Then beamed when he agreed to go to Halifax. And she nearly rolled her eyes when she remembered …. he didn’t grow up with her so he wouldn’t know what tended to excite her or made her who she was. Smiling knowingly she decided to answer.

“Explore of course, I use to give my mom some pretty nasty scares back when I was younger. We won’t have that problem anymore, though I’ll make sure to tell her we are going at least so as to not worry her any.”

She said somberly, happy that she’d made a few plans to do SOMETHING rather than sit and do nothing.

<style type="text/css">
.daisyrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#D9D5D5; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.daisyrain-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.daisyrain p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.daisyrain {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-color:#3A567C; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... syrain.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FAFAF5; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9BA5B6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

OOC I'm sorry, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to continue or end it ><

Leon chuckled when she said she could teach a squirrel to read and write, feeling slightly foolish for not knowing. Still, he was raised in a valley among regular wolves, untouched by the Luperci virus, so of course he had never learned to read or write the extinct human’s languages. But she seemed to brighten even more when he agreed to accompany her to Halifax, which made him grin happily. Her joy was infectious, and he was learning that first hand.

”I see, so you enjoyed giving your mother heart attacks? You learn something new every day.”

Leon said, amusing himself at her expense. He was trying to picture Amata running about with her mother chasing after her, though the fact that she her self often over worried made it hard. He didn’t miss her somber tone though, and had to wonder just how bad she had scared Savina when she was a pup.

Once again standing straight, the Timber rolled his shoulders and walked to the bottom of the stairs, letting the warm sun rays assault his fur. He tilted his head up and breathed in deeply before turning back to Amata.

”Alright, I’ll get out of your hair so you can do what you must. When you’re ready to go, I’m only a call away. It really is good to see you out and about again Amata. I’m sure everyone has missed you.”

He offered her a friendly smile. Her absence had affected him acutely, as she was the only wolf he had trusted upon entering the pack, virtually leaving him alone once more. But talking to Savina had helped, as well as Mati’s lessons on drawing. He had persevered, and had remained with the dreamers, and even made a few new friends. And now, the female that had given him a new family was back as well, and he felt ready to take on anything.

<style>
</style>[/html]