The truth is rarely pure and never simple
[html]

Out of Character

Coding by Sie - WC: 505

Sorry, way too many deadlines and stuff so i had to delay this abit. Hope you are still up for it?
He plans to tell her he be her brother and then leave CDA (OOC, he has told Shaw all that already). Oh, and he's outside Skye's house, having a minor freak out.

In Character

The term ‘hovering’ pretty much summed his current actions up. For awhile he had been walking up to the house, and then turning tail as if to walk away, only to do a quick u-turn and return to the door. Each time he found himself in front of the door, his stomach begun to ache as if it contained rampaging butterflies and his instincts screamed for him to run away… or grab his flask and down its contents.

Although the other options appealed to him a hell of a lot more, he knew he had to face what lie behind the door. Running away was not an option for the scenario he had found himself in; he had to complete the daunting task sooner or later.

His hand twitched, a finger stroking slowly across the metal lid of the flask, longing to unscrew it and taste the contents. Without a doubt, if he drowned his worries he’d be able to go straight in and address his troubles, in a shameless manner and probably make things worse, but at least the truth would be out…

But a memory flashed through his mind, one of the night he’d met her… he hadn’t exactly made the best first impression and had been desperately avoiding making a second and third impression by keeping to himself. Which, at the time had seemed like a good idea… But maybe, if he had actually gotten to know some of the members of D’Arte he wouldn’t be in this situation? Or at least not find it as terrifying as he did…

If only he had spoken to her more, actually gotten to know her… Instead, now he had to drop a bomb on her. What was he to say? By the way, I’m your coward of a brother and I apologize for the night you saved my life. I was drunk, like I am most days…Yep, he could see it now. He was dead.

His eyes flashed away from the building he stood in front of, looking for an escape route, his mind screaming at him that he could still run. But he had wronged Skye enough as it was; he’d pathetically tried to hit on her and then resorted to avoiding her. Not telling her the truth would be unfair.

Thankfully, after speaking to Shaw, he took comfort in the fact he wasn’t planning to stick around D’Arte much longer. He guessed Skye would probably need some time and he didn’t really want to stick around to face her wrath. It wasn’t as If he’d exactly bonded with the members or anything, so it was easier to walk away and starting again seemed to be the best course of action for him to take.

His raised a hand to knock on the door before him, but it wouldn’t complete the action. It froze In mid air, his heart accelerated, pounding painfully within his chest. He stood there, like a deer in head lights; arm still raised and he stared at the door

<style>
.ACserene p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.ACserene b {font-family:verdana; color:#3e706d; text-shadow:#3e706d 0px 0px 4px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ACserene-b {width:491px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.ACserene-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3e706d; text-shadow:#3e706d 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ACserene-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.ACserene {background-color:#8ab8b5; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:489px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1046/68133173.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 170px 0px; }</style>
[/html]