You're just an empty cage if you kill the bird
[html]

A dusty window offered very little view of the outside world, which in any case was dull and overcast. Caspa hadn't found any spare, scrap-worthy pieces of cloth to clean with yet, so her room was still rather grimy around the edges and the window let in very little light. Even a piece of carpet would do, but she couldn't bring herself to tear any up from the rooms that still had it, even the ones which had already been nibbled here and there by intruding rodents or hungry moths.

Still, it was an excellent chance to practice her tolerance, and so she sat with her knees bent in front of her, leaning against a bare wall. The more time doing nothing, the better, because it meant her energy would concentrate on building up her rather weakened frame. Her eyes slowly drooped shut as she lost herself in the spaces between her daydreams. Caspa was a tireless creature though, and making herself be still wasn't always easy. She intended to improve at it - to her this was a more worthy form of endurance than the one that had carried her here on her exhausted legs through the blizzards and ice. But for now, she was yet a beginner and her feet twitched, claws tick-tacking against the floor, one hand reaching up to fiddle with her dark silver M-shaped pendant. And her eyes flew open, peaceful boredom replaced by utter horror. The necklace was missing. In a second she was on her feet, eyes wide and staring as she scanned the room. Of course, she had thrown out all the furniture, there was nowhere the necklace could be hiding and it was nowhere in sight. To make utterly sure she threw all her belongings out of her satchel and spread them across the floor. It wasn't there, it wasn't there. She had dropped it while scavenging around the building earlier. Oh, my God.

The next few moments found Caspa in a montage of desperation and panic, tearing around the Chien Hotel like a whirlwind in a jar, raising dust and emitting growls of annoyance in each empty, barren, desolate, pendant-less room she came to. Her plaits were starting to come loose at the ends, but her consternation was too great to notice.

[/html]
[html]

crap post.

The morning had found Magnolia at the Kingdom hotel, a last-minute decision to crash at Niro’s for the night. But then the teenager decided to finally check out the other rooms of the decrepit building and set up camp for the night somewhere else. She had slept in the attic, deciding that this was the only place in the hotel that her father wouldn’t look. Not that she had been coming home anymore, she stopped checking with him a month or so ago. Her new half-sibling had felt like the last straw, and since then, Magnolia hadn’t seen her father and wanted to keep it that way.

The attic was dingy and damp. However, it was still a place the girl could call home for the night. When morning finally came, Magnolia had decided to investigate the rest of the building. She had brought her collected jewelry to the hotel, now tucked away in a corner of the basement where no one would touch her precious objects. As usual, the Princess wore her black veil and the teal crucifix Undertaker had given her not too long ago. For a moment, her mind debated seeking him out, but that thought was quickly quashed.

A sparkle had caught the young girl’s eye as she meandered slowly through the dusty, dark halls of the first floor. Maggie did a double take, intrigued. Another necklace for her! She smiled, batted the metal with a silvery paw, and gently grabbed it with her teeth before continuing her walk through the hall. But suddenly, a white flash of fury crossed her line of vision. Magnolia rolled her vermillion eyes, and began to stare at the whirlwind in front of her, dumbfounded at the peculiar animal in front of her.

<style type="text/css">
.Magnfreeb2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b7b5af; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.Magnfreeb2-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#66645a; text-align:right;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000;}
.Magnfreeb2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Magnfreeb2 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... liafrb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #b7b5af; padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#66645a; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000;}
.Magnfreeb2-border1 {width:484px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.Magnfreeb2-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #3f3e37; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli <3
[/html]
[html]

It would be amidst one of the most terrible things that had ever happened to Caspa that the unusual event occurred: she bumped into another canine in the cavernous confines of the Chien Hotel. Her frenzy - uncharacteristic, for she was generally a sombre and collected beast although clearly capable of great exertion - was halted as she took in the appearance of the youngster before her. Trying to pull together some semblance of dignity, she gave a somewhat breathless nod, wondering if the juvenile was about to quiz her as to her identity and background, as Liam had - it seemed fair enough, considering she was such a recent interloper into their home, she assumed their place of birth. Her eyes were caught by the purple shock of vertical hair, the gleaming eyes and grey fur, and she knew that if she had her full wits about her, there was something she'd recognise about this girl-child. There were pressing matters at hand, though.

"Have you seen a..." Caspa tailed off in a mixture of awe and relief, finally allowing herself to both realise and believe it was true - the girl carried her pendant. It was found, it was there before her, in the dark silver flesh. "You have found it!" she exclaimed in a voice that threatened to crack. "Thank heaven for that." Desperate, greedy to hold her most precious possession once more she took an eager step towards the girl, a long-furred arm stretching unconsciously towards her.

[/html]
[html]

After a few moments, the stranger finally noticed Magnolia, in the form of bumping into her. Shining green eyes narrowing, she started to walk on until the stranger spoke. Mohawk whipping around, Magnolia watched he stranger that barely smelled like the Court start grabbing at the prize in her mouth. Not pleased, the silver Princess growled in retaliation. “Buh I found I, ifs minet” Magnolia said awkwardly, the necklace in her mouth making it hard to speak. This stranger had no right to say Magnolia’s prize wasn’t hers. Her hoarding behavior of shiny things meant that she wasn’t going to give this necklace up easily. It was cleaner than her own necklaces, which was due to the teenager’s abuse. She often left them outside exposed to the elements, and this caused them to wear and get dirty. But this one was perfectly clean. “foo are you?” Magnolia interrogated, unsure of this newcomer.

<style type="text/css">
.Magnfreeb2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b7b5af; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.Magnfreeb2-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#66645a; text-align:right;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000;}
.Magnfreeb2 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... liafrb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #b7b5af; padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#66645a; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000;}
.Magnfreeb2-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #3f3e37; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli <3
[/html]
[html]

The next moment it became all too apparent that things weren't going to be as straightforward as her soaring heart had thought, and said heart plummeted again, leaving her eyes which had been bright and elated, opaque. Caspa looked the girl up and down, muscles bunching in her neck. It wasn't exactly that she was having murderous thoughts. It was just that she was so intent on getting her pendant back, that it couldn't help but spring to mind possible short-cuts to this end. Of course there was no way she would ever lay a finger on the girl. Her moral code absolutely forbade touching an innocent, and petty theft wasn't one of Caspa's list of irredeemable crimes. Besides which, the girl hadn't even stolen it, not yet. She'd just picked it up off the ground. Caspa took a few deep breaths. Surely this would all be worked out quite easily when it became clear it was a simple misunderstanding. There was a defiance in the girl's eyes that worried her though. "Caspa. Your name? And my pendant," she demanded, hackles up. No, far too blunt, more tact required, more reasoning. "I've had it my entire life and I dropped it this morning. You only just found it, didn't you? So you must see it isn't really yours."

[/html]
[html]

Magnolia was irritated, and this was not her ideal way of starting the day. This stranger was using logic against a stubborn teenager; couldn’t she see that there was no point in trying? Magnolia acted spoiled, entitled, she didn’t care that the pendant was originally Caspa’s. But starting a row in the Hotel would get both Vigilante and Niro annoyed at her. Sighing and recognizing defeat, the mohawked pup spat the metal necklace out onto the wooden floor. “I’m Magnolia…Takekuro,” she said after a moment, throwing in her dad’s name for fun. She could always use her dad’s high position within the pack to get what she wanted. It was a tactic the spoiled princess hadn’t used yet, but, it could be the first time if this situation were to escalate.

“What’s it a picture of?” Magnolia asked, looking down at the shiny object. Magnolia wasn’t going take the necklace back, but she wasn’t going to acknowledge the stranger’s logic either. A new topic might be the right way to go; classic diversion. This woman in front of her didn’t seem like the type of court member that would do anything drastic to Magnolia, either.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli <3
[/html]
[html]

To her great relief, it seemed that the words of reason had been enough. The necklace tinkled to the floor, and Caspa didn't waste a second in swooping to scoop it up. She turned away a little disdainfully from the girl as she re-attached the fastening around her long neck, disapproving of the disrespect to her only significant possession. She showed nothing on hearing the name of Takekuro, but realised that was why she was familiar-looking. It was her - father, uncle, brother? who had greeted Caspa at the borders. "Takekuro. I know your father," she hedged. The family resemblance was probably too strong for it to be anything else.

This realisation, and the safe return of her necklace, was enough to mellow Caspa out considerably, enough to give Magnolia a sidelong look and a stiff, but informative explanation. "A bird in flight. It means to be free, and brings peace." Her peripheral vision kept catching little sparkles and flashes of adornments from Magnolia's direction. "Now you have seen mine, can I see yours?" she asked, vaguely curious to know a little more about this although irritating, certainly interesting packmate.

[/html]
[html]

What were the chances that Caspa had met her father? Could he have been the only wolf at the borders the day she joined? The Princess just rolled her brilliant green eyes at the word father. Magnolia was in no mood to discuss her current issues with her dad with this pack member, so she kept her mouth shut. There was nothing to say, after all; it was none of the Seigneur’s business.

Caspa mentioned what her necklace represented, which piqued Magnolia’s interest immediately. She hadn’t ever thought of having meaning attached to her necklaces, she just liked how they shined and wanted as many of them as possible. “That’s cool,” the Princess said simply, staring at the metallic necklace again. When her own pendant was mentioned, the girl took one dainty paw to her neck and took it off and dangled it in front of Caspa’s eyes. “A… friend gave it to me. I don’t know what it means, but wearing it makes me miss him.” Magnolia’s mind jumped back to Undertaker, and she let out a small sigh. He would never come back, she assumed, and that thought made her heart sink. They agreed to run away together, but that seemed like it would never happen. He never came to take her away from here. “I like shiny things, and this one isn’t so shiny, but it’s still nice,” Magnolia stared lovingly at the teal cross cracked with age before putting it back on her neck.

<style>
.magnoliaflow-text {padding:0px 5px;}
.magnoliaflow p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:15px; margin:5px;}
.magnoliaflow b {color:#f7921f; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; }
.magnoliaflow {width:355px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#0e284b; background-image:url(http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5232/souls57copy.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:6px 0px 370px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#e7899d; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
Table by fae! <3
[html]

Although she said nothing, on hearing Magnolia's necklace's story and watching her wistful reaction to it, Caspa's heart too felt heavy for a moment. So Magnolia missed somebody, as she did. She wondered if the other girl's desire was as unobtainable as hers, and whereas just a moment ago she'd been entirely distant and disapproving of Magnolia and her attitude in general, now she leaned in to look closely at the necklace, contemplating for a moment placing a comforting hand on the girl's shoulder, but Caspa was not one to be touchy-feely. Instead she straightened up again, and said thoughtfully "A cross... A cross I think means faith, and hope," two things she wasn't entirely sure she believed in. Fortitude and loyalty, yes, but hope was a nothing-word, an empty word; to Caspa it represented a lack of action. If she was a follower of hope, she would have stayed in her homeland, wasting all her time waiting for a glorious outcome that would never happen. Faith was hardly any better. However, she could respect somebody who held those qualities, even if her own aspirations were along different lines. "Do you think he knew that when he gave it to you?" Caspa continued, a little wary of what the answer would be. Maybe the possibility of hope was still there, but maybe not. If so, would Magnolia have a hard time to pull away from it? She was a good deal younger than Caspa, but certainly not a child any more, either.

[/html]
Table by Fae <3
[html]

Guess who’s a poophead?! MEEE Big Grin sorry for the wait. >_>

The silver-hued female listened to her new friend patiently as she struggled to find suitable meanings for the necklace. The cross hadn’t any meaning to the girl except that it reminded the princess of her dear friend. Magnolia let Caspa speak, though the young one didn’t add any input of her own. She hadn’t thought about the idea before of attaching meanings to the necklace and was unwilling to start now. “Faith and hope?” the teenager asked as the hybrid finished what she was saying. “I don’t know….” the girl trailed off, thinking about the moment Undertaker gave her the necklace.

Magnolia was suddenly deep in thought about the rainy night when she met the man. “He gave me a bunch of necklaces all at once,” she said after a moment, brilliant green eyes looking into black. “But we were going to meet up and live together, somewhere my dad couldn’t find us, so I guess so.... but he never came for me,” she said sadly, giving her new friend a ghost of a smile.

<style>
.magnoliaflow {width:355px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#0e284b; background-image:url(); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:6px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#e7899d; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Caspa was certainly not one to judge another for impulsiveness, but she didn't have reason to as yet anyway. Magnolia was young, but Caspa saw no good reason why a youth shouldn't know their mind as well as an adult; an intelligent one anyway. Magnolia certainly seemed mature, and disillusioned. Her honesty, meeting the stern black eyes with her own, was clear, and Caspa thought perhaps a sign of the kind of dissatisfaction that made you feel you had nothing to lose. "You are still certain you would desire that life?" she mused, watching Magnolia's face. "You must dislike your own, very much." Not only the aspiration to leave pointed that way, but also the general attitude of the rebellious young luperci. Caspa wasn't much for complaining and suffering needlessly, when there were many other worlds and lives to move through and live in, than the small universe one happens to be inhabiting at any given moment.

<style>
.fred-caspa { font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:10px; line-height:15px; padding-bottom:23px; text-align:justify; width: 380px; margin:0px auto;}
.fred-caspa p {text-indent:15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

lulz, Maggie actually went through with running away. End soon?

The question Caspa posed was indeed an interesting one mostly because Magnolia hadn’t thought of the consequences of leaving. Running away with Undertaker would have been fantastic; but she knew her father would never have approved. She would have missed him (even if she would have never admitted it) and what if things with Undertaker didn’t work? Her mind went blank with cynicism as she continued to think it over. “I hate it here. My father never talks to me. I don’t remember the last time we interacted peacefully. I moved out because I can’t stand to be with him. I just want to leave the kingdom, there’s nothing left for me here,” she said sternly. What a sad thing to come out of suh a young girl’s mouth. "I want to start on my own somewhere else. But with someone I like, hopefully."

<style>
.magnoliaflow {width:355px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#0e284b; background-image:url(); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:6px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#e7899d; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
Table by Fae <3
OOC: Aye, this'n can be last post, or you can post again if you wanna Big Grin

[html]

It was certainly a sorry tale, but Caspa remained expressionless as she listened to the girl who'd almost stolen her necklace. She understood perfectly, however, and couldn't remain unmoved inside. "I, too, felt like that about my home." It hadn't been the most accurate of feelings, she knew now. There had been many things about her birthplace she missed, but the misery had overridden their influence. Still, she knew she had needed to leave, and would never have felt contented and free to follow her true path until she did so. So to Magnolia her mildly unorthodox advice - dressed up as introspection - was, "I didn't waste breath complaining: I took flight." Caspa looked at the youngster down her arched nose. Did Magnolia have the strength to change her circumstances, or just to whine about them? To listen to her final words, the mutt wasn't sure that she was truly prepared to strike out on her own as she threatened to do.

<style>
.fred-caspa { font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:10px; line-height:15px; padding-bottom:23px; text-align:justify; width: 380px; margin:0px auto;}
.fred-caspa p {text-indent:15px;}
</style>[/html]