early summer
[html]

Form: Optime. Early morning. For Amata Sadira. Kinda short, but the rest of the posts will be better. Promise.

As she rose with the sun, she wondered how to best handle her monotonous days. She found herself tired lately, and though her knee was almost healed, it bogged her down with difficulty. But there was much she could do in the pack that didn't entail much physical exertion, despite her own distaste of such a route. Ghita Marino loved activity. Sitting around? Well, that was unacceptable. "Ciò che faremo oggi, Ghita? Ciò che, ciò che, ciò che." There was always that deer hide from the hunt the evening before.

Her fingers wrapped around a fistful of the short-furred hide as she made her way to the porch; it was better to get fresh air instead of sitting inside for hours and hours. Why limit herself to a lack of sunlight when springtime was so beautiful? She smiled at the world as she sat on the old porch, scraping at the underside of the hide to remove unnecessary muscle and ligaments. Her tail thumped against the wood with each motion of her arm. The skin would probably be enough to make a gift for one of her daughters or nieces, perhaps a bag to cart around whatever it was they carted. She let herself hum a soft tune as she worked, prefering it to her own singing voice; after all, she didn't sing very well.

<style type="text/css">
.Ghita03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b94935; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ghita03ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636830; text-align:right;}
.Ghita03 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ghita03 {margin:0 auto; width:389px; background-color:#ece99f; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ghita3.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #636830; padding: 0px 0px 215px 0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636830; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: OOC: Amata is in optime as well,

Amata had been out fishing rather early that morning, though she still had a slight fear of the water after her dive to save Fia, she found she could control that fear, and to fish, not with a pole and rod like some do, but trying to use her hands and mouth like that of a wild animal, was fun and challanging, though the water was still freezing, it was not as bad as it had been that winter. She was coming home from the lakeside, having finally caught a fish, though it it was not enormous in size, it was a good size for her to scale and enjoy a very nice breakfast. She was nearing the manor when she heard the humming of her aunt and Amata smiled, it had been a while since she’d gotten to talk to her.

Ghita! Hello, it’s a nice day out huh?”

She called when she was withing earshot, though still a little further out. It felt good to be out and about again, and she wondered why she had to keep herself locked in her room for the last two weeks, but she wasn’t going to dwell on that, her main goal right now was to become the Amata she once was, the excitable, cheery girl that had always found some kind of mischief, like Artemis had once been before her fall. Amata hoped that her young sister had not changed forever because of it though, it would break Amata’s heart as she had such spirit, and now it was gone in a flash because of the fall and Denali’s disappearance, but Amata wasn’t going to let that ruin her day, she gave a grin to Ghita, happy to see her aunt.

“How’s your knee feeling, better now that winter is finally ending I hope. What’s that you’re doing?”

She asked, looking at the hide that Ghita was scraping away at. She was not one for hurting animals, though she hunted to hunt, and did use the ehides of the animals she killed, she was not used to something so large. She only hunted what she needed and even now she just used the stores in the mansion. She didn’t want to hunt. It made her feel terrible, though it did make her feel less terrible just eating what others had hunted. She worked for her meals, as a healer, and one that seemed to be needed, she had been kept so busy over the past few months she’d been back. She did, however do fine with fishing, though she knew they were animals just like the rabbits and the deer and moose that were hunted as well.

<style type="text/css">
.beloved01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#F25552; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.beloved01-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.beloved01 p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.beloved01 {margin:0 auto; width:467px; background-color:#D0C8BD; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... oved01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #A68063; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#938271; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.beloved01-line1 {width:355px; border-bottom:1px solid #E76D7A; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

I'm assuming that news travels in CD and that Ghita is kept in the loop, but correct me if I'm wrong.

She was surprised to hear her niece's voice as she tried to rid the hide of the unnecessary. Two shining turquoise eyes glanced up, knife stopping along with her wanton humming, only to set eyes on the pretty blonde daughter of her sister. A pleasant enough smile found its way onto her jaws. "Nice day. Sì." Though she knew English well enough, she sometimes enjoyed speaking in short sentences. After all, why should she waste the language of her birth home? She certainly wasn't as adept in her multi-lingual status as Savina was, and so many of their family knew Italian enough to converse. One of her small hands reached out to pat the spot on the porch beside her as Amata asked about her knee and the task she had busied herself with. "The knee is doing fine. Think I'll be more pleased when summer comes around." Oh, the thought of warm air. How exciting.

The hide was shifted as she moved on to a new patch of remnants. "Questo era un cervo." She motioned over the expanse of short-furred skin. The antlers were hiding somewhere in her room, ready for a more elaborate purpose later on. The skin was easier to work with. "I think I'm going to make something for one of you girls. A bag to carry around your important things. Girls have those, don't they?" She'd admit that she was not the traditional girl, and rarely had much to carry around, but something told her that her daughters and nieces were different. Amata, she knew, was a healer; she'd healed Jazper after dealing with the bear, and she had helped with Artemis when the child had fallen into a coma. Perhaps Amata would find some use in the bag once it was finished.

<style type="text/css">
.Ghita03ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636830; text-align:right;}
.Ghita03 {margin:0 auto; width:389px; background-color:#ece99f; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ghita3.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #636830; padding: 0px 0px 215px 0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636830; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 311 OOC: Tongue She will speak itallian, but she's too lazy Wink

“Yes I can’t wait for summer either, I am ready to leave this winter behind me

Amata said. The winter had caused too much hardship for them and she didn’t like it, with the storm, Denali, Artemis, Nuki, poor Fia, and everything else that had happened in between, it had been her worst winter yet, and to get it over with as soon as possible was a relief, now that spring was here, she knew she wouldn’t have to look back on the past, that she could keep heading to her future. Amata watched with interest, then giggled at her comment covering her mouth a little. Amata may be one to pretty up her hair everyday, but she was also a wolf who wasn’t afaid to get dirty. She nodded though, knowing her own sister all too well.

“I’m pretty sure, but I only carry around my medicine bag, that’s the only important stuff I really have honestly.”

She said, her bad was not new, but neither was it old, she’d gotten it... well she couldn’t remember where she’d gotten it but it served her purpose. That’s all it needed to do. She kept her eyes on Ghita as she worked, doubting she could ever skin an animal and do that. It was definitely a hobby that Amata didn’t want to do.

“What else do you do? I mean, other than making hides and things from them?”

She asked inquiringly, settling herself down finally, and putting the fish in her lap. Her attention aptly on her, she’d asked Leon this, but she wanted to see what others did, she needed a hobby of her own, and reading and studying were not entirely hobbies to her, they were not as constructive. She wanted to be able to do something constructive.

<style type="text/css">
.beloved01-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.beloved01 {margin:0 auto; width:467px; background-color:#D0C8BD; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... oved01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #A68063; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#938271; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.beloved01-line1 {width:355px; border-bottom:1px solid #E76D7A; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

Her niece was pleasant company as she continued to handle the hairs and other unneeded extras on the pelt spread out before her. Summer would be a turnaround for them all, Ghita believed. Without the winter, their lives could start over again, like the seasons did every year. There was no reason to dwell on the past. It was a lesson she had learned all too well over the years of her own hardships. There was only the future.

"Maybe one of the other girls. Cambria," she nodded as the name was spoke, though she was sure her favorite niece had something similar already. It was a time for new things, and she planned to make something special for every member of her family. In some way or another, at least. Plans were already forming in her head about a way to cheer up her beautiful, black sister. Savina had been through so much.

As Amata asked what else she was able to do, she paused and turned toward the sky. "That's a good question, Amata." She had many skills, but most were not at the same level as her capabilities to hunt. "Well, I hunt. You know that, and I make jewelry sometimes. Sew, carve. Easy things." Her shoulders shrugged up as her eyes returned to the porch. "And what about you? What do you do, dear? Other than save our pack from dangerous frozen lakes." A brief sound of laughter aired as she referenced Amata's valiant rescue of her youngest daughter, Fia.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:241 OOC: sorry that it's crap <3

At the mention of her sisters name Amata nodded, yes she probably could use something like that, though she didn’t know much about what her sister owned these days, not like she used to, but they were older and lived in their own rooms, so she didn’t know anymore.

She probably could use something along those lines I don’t really know.

She said giving her aunt an apologetic smile. As the woman spoke, she heard something that interested her a bit. Jewelry? she made jewelry? maybe Amata could as well. Wagging her tail she waited for her elder to finish.

“I only have my medical knowledge, but I do want to learn more... how do you make jewelry?”

She didn’t mean to pass by the older woman’s joke but she wanted to know what she meant by making jewelry. Maybe she could be good enough at it that she could make some and she would have something else to do besides just sit around reading, which helped no one else at all. Then again she could easily teach the pups to read, but that was up to their mother wasn’t it? She didn’t know if Ghita was literate or not, she didn’t usually see the female with a book in her hands at all, most of the time she was out and about, as active as a be who’s hive wasn’t finished.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

Amata seemed to believe that the bag was a good idea, and it brightened Ghita's confidence that she still knew Cambria as well as she thought she did. The final unwanted hairs of the now deceased deer came off with a graceful swipe of her knife and she returned her gaze to the pretty blonde daughter of her sister. Amata seemed excited about the concept of making jewelry, for that is what she asked 'how' about. Her aunt chuckled and folded up the hide. "There are a few ways. I've seen pieces that are made differently than mine." To show the woman what she meant, she pulled out the carefully carved bone necklace for her handsome Jazper. It was simple, created from drilled bone 'beads' and threaded with leather cord, but didn't lack interest; in the center, there was a large wooden pendant, shaped to be a running wolf and painted black.

"This is easy, but I've seen some hard ones. With metal." She hadn't managed to dissect how metal pieces were created, and she was sure she never would, but if Amata had the determination...perhaps the girl could do it for herself. Her tail wagged across the Manor's porch behind her. "You want to learn?" Teaching had to be more interesting than sitting around, something that was already causing her to itch for action. She needed to do something, not just sit around, but her knee caused so many problems as it healed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 258 OOC: Sorry about my lame reply

In Amata’s mind she’d thought that her aunt was talking about metal, that was until she showed her the bone and wood carving. It was beautiful, but she was quite sure she lacked in the art department. At least for that, and come to think of it metal working a piece of jewlery wouldn’t really have suited her anyway. She smiled as she listened and felt bad when she got to the question that Ghita was sure to ask.

“No, it looks nice but I guess I’m not that artsy. I think I would have to find something less like that to fill my time.”

She said feeling bad, but letting Ghita know straight how it was. Yes it would have been nice, but she guessed it wouldn’t hurt to try to learn it, at least putting things together, maybe trying to carve something.

“But you know what... I’ll try, just a little, something simple maybe, if I think i can do more I’ll let you know!”

She said deciding better, if she didn’t get it at least she would have tried and it wasn’t like it was wasting her life, it just told her she was or wasn’t good for such a job. She stayed where she was though, the fish still in her arms, if she were smart she’d have gotten the fish cut up and eaten some, but she’d nearly entirely forgot about it with the situation she might learn something more than being a doctor.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the slow, and the bad. >.>

Much to her dismay, Amata was not interested in creating. In truth, it wasn't surprising; creating was difficult even for Ghita, as she lacked fundamental artistic skills utilized by most beings who created anything. She was certainly no Mati. But Amata was still young, and Ghita was sure she could have learned if she had the drive. It simply wasn't in her interests. The blonde's mottled aunt shrugged her shoulders up around her neck and put the necklace away once more. "There are many things in this world you can learn how to do." She offered a reassuring smile to her niece. There would always be many things she was capable of crafting, if she would push forward and try. The Marino woman had faith.

She didn't condemn Amata for turning down the offer, as she knew better than any that one had to learn something for themselves and not for others. And it seemed Amata was not entirely against the idea of trying; she quickly put out that she would try something simple, perhaps, and let her aunt know if she felt she could do more. Ghita beamed and gave a nod. "You'll need materials. Wood, leather, a knife. Easy things to find, someone in this family has to have at least one of them to spare." Of course, Ghita considered more than just family to be family, and Mati Church and Anu were included in this endeavor.

With the idea put to the side for now, Ghita took a moment to study the woman before her. She hadn't realized Amata had been fishing, but it was clear to her turquoise eyes that her niece had. The fish were obvious. With a brief chuckle, she motioned to the younger woman's lap. "Going to cut that up? They spoil pretty fast." She gave a wink and offered over the knife she had been using to scrape her hide. Aquatic fauna were not her forte, but butchering certainly wasn't difficult.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Smile

Amata agreed with Ghita there was so much to do that she knew there were other things for her to be able to do. She had to find something she liked eventually right? Yes, she thought as she kept her attention. She smiled, thankful that her aunt was not too terribly disappointed in her declination, though her change of mind seemed to brighten the older woman up quite a bit.

“There’s wood for the fireplace I don’t think we need as much anymore, we can take some from there, I have a knife, though, leather... I don’t have, you seem handy with making it might you have any extra finished?”

She asked. But that was disreguarded as Ghita reminded Amata about her fish and she looked down remembering it, and blushed. She took the knife and set the fish up so she could scale it before cutting it.

“Would you like some, I was going to eat it fairly soon anyway. I think there’s enough for the both of us.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]