Never stopped to look at what's behind
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.malachi b {font-weight:bold; color:#ac4243; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.malachi p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.malachi {width:400px;border:1px dashed #ac4243;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... alachi.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:235px;background-color:#a8b0a5;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#2a3e27;}
</style>

Shawy <3.

Steps shuffled among leaves and other bramble, in an obvious hurry. They stopped every once in a while, followed by heavy breathing, before the earth thundered with her paws again. It was obvious that the giant shadow in the forest was looking for something, or someone, and did not stop for breath. "Hhhnnnggg.." Came the dull sounds from her chest, as Malachi swung her large front paws to lift up bushes and upturn rocks.

"'Clipse? Eclipse!" Her voice was stressed, trying to find the pup she had rescued weeks before. The pup was adventurous, always loving to play hide and seek when Mala wasn't. But, without any parents, Malachi took it upon herself to look after the young thing - and had grown extremely attached to the young female since then. As the grizzly female waddled further through the forest, familiar scents made her lift her head and change her direction.

She was near Cercatori d'Arte, the pack that she was welcome to. It had been moons, though, as the chocolate and cream creature wriggled her nostrils towards the pack. Malachi was unsure if her friends were around, as she took nervous steps towards its trees. Perhaps they knew where her little pup was - it was worth a shot, at the very least. The honey eyed female hadn't seen Skye since that incident with the bear.. and hoped she was alright. But Shaw... what about him? What was going on with that male that was nearly equal in size to her?

The large female was getting desperate, as well as curious if she'd run into a familiar face, but even if it meant running into a strange wolf in a pack she was welcomed in, Malachi made her choice. Padding into the somewhat familiar forest, the giant beast pushed her way through towards the outcrop of houses she was familiar with. "Eclipse?" She called out again, loose branches cracking and bending as her massive form wandered through the trees. "Hnnnggggg... where are you..?"

[/html]
[html]

WC: 302 OOC: She can't see Demetrius yet

Things had been settling back down again, and Shaw was forced to do his duties, though he really wanted to go out and look for Sky, and Orin, and his children. Because of this, he was in a sour mood that would not go away. That didn’t mean he treated anyone too much differently, he did his best to be in the best of moods, especially with the help of Demetrius. He’d been measuring out houses, as some of them were to be pulled out right from their foundations, and rebuilt. Only the wooden houses could be done at least without too much pain staking work. His ears flicked up when he started hearing a voice coming closer, someone familiar, calling out. Standing full hight Shawchert looked around to see who it could be. It had been coming from the forest so he walked that way.

He heard her closer now and knew who it was, happy it was her because he didn’t feel like chasing any of his friends who lived outside the pack away. Smiling a little he let himself be seen, she seemed frantic, looking for someone.

“Are you ok Malachi? Did you lose something?”

“Or someone daddy, I think she’s looking for someone.”

Shawchert looked down at his spectral son, nodding and turned his attention on Malachi, who he doubted could see or hear his son. He wondered who she had lost, did she find a bear mate and have cubs already? No... she was afraid of them. He smiled inwardly at the irony. He’d find out soon enough, he would try to wait patiently. She was bound to say something, especially if she thought he might know where whoever it was she was looking for was.

<style type="text/css">
.shawchert-road b {font-weight:bold; color:#27425a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawchert-road .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.shawchert-road p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.shawchert-road {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6a81a3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BiKuV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#b6c1cf; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.malachi {width:400px;border:1px dashed #ac4243;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... alachi.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:235px;background-color:#a8b0a5;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#2a3e27;}
</style>

WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

Mala wasn't all too sure how far within she was heading into, as her vision was occasionally blurred by tears that welled up, falling and soaking the fur on her face. The roofs of houses she saw at one point, but in the midst of leaves that she propelled herself into, Malachi felt lost. All she could think about was where Eclipse had gone to - or even worse - if some predator had gotten to her. The grizzled female was sure she had done nothing wrong to cause the young female to suddenly run away, all she knew was that she felt scared for the young wolf, her chest feeling heavier than usual, and breathing became a chore.

But then she heard a voice among her blind trek towards Thornbury, and though Malachi heard ringing in her ears, the voice was familiar, and comforting. "Shaw?" She sucked in air through her open muzzle, blinking upwards to see the giant male. The large female wasn't sure how long he was standing there, and though it had been a while since their last reunion, exchanging pleasantries would have to wait.

"Yes, I-- Hnnnnggggg.." Distress was evident in the honey-eyed one's voice, still swinging her head from side to side to look for Eclipse. "I lost my--" She cut herself off, shaking her head. "--A pup, her name's.. hhhnnggg.. Eclipse." Though Mala had found the young fuzzball, and had been taking care of her, Eclipse technically wasn't her pup. But as the days went on, Mala felt more and more attached to calling the pup her own. And now, for unexplained reasons, she was gone. "H-have.. you s-seen.. her?" More air was sucked into her lungs, trying to keep from breaking down as was becoming evident in the cracking of her voice. Giant paws shuffled her body around the large male, turning up rocks and lifting up bushes to find the lost little bundle.

[/html]
[html]
#3+
OOC: Well best tell you that Shaw is about 8 ft 2 inches ^^ so he's quite a bit taller than your gal ^^

Shawchert could easily tell that she was very worried but what came from her mouth he didn’t expect, a puppy? She had a puppy? Looking around, he could see hide nor tail of this said puppy, what if it was a bear? No... she knew what a bear looked like apparently, even though she didn’t think herself as one. He watched her look under stones to see if the pup was hiding there, he couldn't help but smile, he didn’t think a pup could hide under a stone.

“I’m sorry Malachi but I don’t think she crossed the borders, I’ve done my patrol not too long ago, no new smells have come my way. “

He said worried the bear might start hyperventilating.

“Look you should sit down for a second, you’ll kill yourself and then what would happen to this pup? I’m sure she’s fine, and she’s near your denning area. Pups are good at that kind of thing, hiding from their parents you know.”

Shaw said, but his face fell... how did he know? His own children were perhaps hundreds of miles away. He couldn’t see them and his mate had gone after them and Orin... the thought made him sick, he’d never be a father, the only thing he was close to was needing help from his already dead son who was more quiet than not.

“I see conflict in her.”

The boy said quietly as he stared at Malachi. Shawchert wondered if Demetrius knew if Malachi was a bear or not, though he seemed to know so much more beyond the days he was alive, Shaw wouldn’t be surprised if the boy knew she was a bear. Shaw could see what he meant by conflict, it was possibly the way Malachi held herself differently from other bears, but he guessed that had come from being raised by wolves.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b566b; }
.shawrain .ooc{font-style:italic; padding: 10px 15px 5px 15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4c5658;text-align:center;text-shadow:none;}
.shawrain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shawrain .divider {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #a1c5f1; margin:0 auto 3px auto;opacity:0.4;filter:alpha(opacity=40);}
.shawrain {margin:0 auto; width:390px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... tsee-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #182835;}
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

I know that, she looked up at him in the previous post ;o Also, I curse myself for making longer posts here than I have been on my other characters as of late :d

The heavy breathing continued, followed by the frantic shuffling around the male and upturning objects that a pup could never hide under; but in that moment, Malachi would have been willing to search rat nests in the ground if it meant Eclipse could be returned safely to her. Over the course of time that she rescued the pup from the dangerous throes of the river, Mala felt an overwhelming sense of care and responsibility overcome her. Somehow, she believed the contact with both fears at once, all those weeks ago was a sign - a sign to take the pup in under her gigantic arm until she was old enough to find her own path. And now, she was lost.

She could barely hear Shawchert over her own cries of distress into the moist air, but he was right. No matter was insane, morbid thoughts that was now crossing the grizzly beast's mind, Shaw was right. She did need to take a deep breath and relax. Her large body simply plopped heavily, almost helplessly, onto the earth, closing her eyes and shaking her head. "Th-that's.. where we c-came from.." Mala choked out, sucking in air as if she could pull the pup back to her from thin air. "I've l-looked everywhere." The tone of her voice was laced with defeat, opening her eyes once again to look up at her friend.

A few moments passed in silence as Malachi attempted to regulate her breathing again, a whimper or two occasionally escaping her shaggy throat. When her breathing was somewhat even, she observed the male whom she hadn't seen in some time, and Malachi noticed, as Shaw hung his head, how this reunion was as unhappy for her as it was for him. She sensed his sadness, and a small smile crossed her cream colored muzzle, in attempts to lighten the mood if only for a few moments.

"It's nice to see you again, oqoti, she stated. "How have you been? How's the pack doing, and Skye and Orin for that matter?" It had dawned on the grizzly female that she hadn't visited Shaw nor the pack since the first signs of winter approached, and had forgotten to ask how Skye had been when she found Malachi holed-up in her den moons ago. When this whole ordeal was over, she'd be sure to thank and apologize to her red-haired friend when she saw her.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 396 OOC: Stressed Shaw is stressed :O

Malachi was all in a dither, and Shaw couldn’t really calm a scared bear, and he kept his distance. He knew that Malachi wouldn’t harm him purposefully, but a bear in distress did not always know what they did. Shawchert was relieved when she sat to make herself less worried, to breath, and think it over. Shaw knew it was the best way for her to go, she was possibly nearly six hundred pounds and something like that running frantic through the forests, for all she knew she could have accidently stepped on the poor pup. The image did not do Shaw good as he cringed at the thought.

“I’m sure you’ll find her. She shouldn’t be far, pups don’t go too far.”

Shaw said giving her a warm smile. This was normally right, though he didn’t know how pups acted around surrogate bear mothers. He felt it safe to move closer to her and patted her arm. Then once she calmed down he felt his own heart squeeze as she asked how he was, and not just him but Orin, and Skye.... which one? He figured she meant his co leader, because she’d been friends with her already.

“Could have been better, I’m afraid I don’t know how Orin is... and Skye... I think she’s fine right now I don’t see much of anyone, though I try.”

He said his voice saddened, his heart ached. He missed Orin and her quick moving mouthn, and the pups that he had only gotten a few days to be with. He wished that he had never allowed Argul in the pack, that he knew what kind of monster the man had been. That way he could have Orin and her children back in his pack, he could be playing happily with them now, laughing and enjoying the time they spent and introducing them to his bear friend. That was not to happen, maybe in some other universe, but not here. Not now, not anymore, he was alone with just one pup, but he was the one who had been killed. Shaw wondered what Orin would do if Demetrius showed himself to her, would he stay with her, would he like it better wherever she was? Wouldhe finally rest? These were questions he wasn’t sure he would find out soon.

<style type="text/css">
.shawchert-road b {font-weight:bold; color:#27425a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawchert-road .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.shawchert-road p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.shawchert-road {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6a81a3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BiKuV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#b6c1cf; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]