I'm here and I'm sorry
(don't have my tables saved on my new laptop ><)

The beating of hooves upon the ground could be heard for some distance away, the horse itself was massive, 19 hands, and could easily dwarf any wolf looking for an easy meal. The hind quarters alone could deliver such a brutal kick that any poor wolf finding themselves in the way of them would not survive. Mounted atop this wonder of nature was another wonder of nature, the behemoth, teacher, the man who once was regarded highly among the ranks of Dahlia, now though he was a wanderer. His memories had failed him, the scar across his head was a constant reminder, and it had deformed the man’s once proud handsome face. Now his fur didn’t grow along a swath across his forehead leaving the man with an ugly reminder. This version of the man was different; he had left his adopted homeland, confused, weak and without the memories of what he once had. Now though he was returning with a purpose. Charlemagne nickered in an irritated fashion, always irritable, especially since he had to carry such a large wolf. But only a shire horse would be do for such an imposing wolf. Saluce gently patted his steed’s side, it seemed the two had a mutual agreement, Saluce would keep hungry wolves away from him, and Charlemagne would carry him into any situation. It was mutually beneficial and the intelligence of his horse was another rewarding aspect, even though he couldn’t understand low speak he knew his horse understood him to some degree. The pat seemed to reaffirm the gentle nature with which Saluce treated him; it was out of respect that the behemoth didn’t treat him harshly. And so the horse started back moving seemingly fine now that the simple gesture was given to the irritable horse.

The black shire horse trod along, with the steel plated wolf atop him. The warrior was finally complete, he was formidable, no simple attack could possibly harm him, and even though some mobility was given up with his chosen style, his strength afforded him that luxury. While not the tallest wolf on earth he was probably the most massive. And for such a menacing looking wolf he carried a huge two handed hammer named after the greek god “Vulcan”. It was all for look, and purpose, most people wouldn’t mess with him, but most of them never would know how kind the man was. While he had wandered his memories had returned, and with that his purpose in life was laid out before him again. Thoughts of Nayru and her sister flooded his mind, along with Gideon, and most of all his young Pupil Saul. He had left much behind in Dahlia, even his close friend Conor, and he was looking forward to seeing him again. He hoped everyone was okay, he had again failed the pack he loved so much even if he hadn’t realized it when he left.

Finally the horse stopped at the marked boundary, head swiveling to look at the man he carried, almost asking if this was the place. A simple nod was given to him before he dismounted his very proud horse; again he patted his side and scratched his ears. Kindness was something he had given his horse, saving it from a pack to the north, and kindness would be what he would offer it for its service to him. The behemoths head lifted skyward, and a deep long and sorrowful howl erupted from his lips, singing his lonely song of sadness for leaving his home for so long. The call went out to the alpha, Conor, he’d speak with him first and foremost, completely unaware of what had transpired in his absence.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... erries.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:325px; border:1px #AD0B12 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height:12px;">

The sound was like a strike of lightning. First it landed dead center in her heart, and like any electric shock, traveled insanely fast through her whole body. For only a moment the surprise showed, her body shook and her eyes were hesitant, uncertain. Farore was the only creature around to see such a rare occurrence, the stoic fairy child losing her wits, and for the briefest of moments ruby eyes met amethyst and words unspoken passed between them. Before her sister could vocalize what they both were thinking, Nayru rose up, elegant and quick, and exited the silent church they both haunted regularly now. Over her shoulder the two toned woman shot her sister a look that clearly indicated her wish to answer the call alone and Farore slumped further into the pew she rested in, her lips pressed tightly together.

The was no urgency in her pace, but it was efficient and her strides were long, or as long as her short stature allowed for. As she moved she tried to mentally recreate the howl that had so startled her, one ghost calling out for another. Although she had not known where either had gone to, she counted them among the dead, uncertain if she would ever lay eyes on either again. Nayru, the once phantom of Dahlia de Mai, more of a ghost than either of them had ever been during their residence, arrived in her usual silent manner. Before she voluntarily showed herself she took in the sight of him, almost a different creature completely from the man she remembered. And then she stepped forward, head held high and ever thinking of the dagger that was strapped to her ankle, held there by an anklet made with jewels the same color as her eyes.

He's gone. If her voice ever rose above more than a whisper there might have been an edge to it, but the quiet sound was neutral. As was her stance, her eyes, her everything. There was no sign of her high standing in Dahlia de Mai and neither did she bow her head as she would have only a month or so ago. Simply she stood there, ruby gaze upon his plated form, willfully ignoring the scar, the armor, the horse. She stared through him as if he truly were the ghost she had made him into.

[/html]
The man stood idly, wondering how much had gone on since he had left. Maybe everything would be as he had left it but he had a sinking feeling in his heart that things had changed. His horse stamped around in a nervous fashion as if someone approached be Saluce heard no one. To worry about what he’d say to Conor when he arrived. The last time he had left he had practically been demoted all the way down the ranks if he hadn’t been able to smooth things over then. He hoped he’d be welcomed in, but he was suspicious that this time he wouldn’t be so lucky. He’d probably have to go find another pack to call home if Conor’s mood was as ill as it was last time.

But it wasn’t Conor that greeted him, he smelt her form before he heard or saw her, and the lithe woman, whom he had trained what seemed so long ago came into view before him. No welcoming hello greeted him, no smile, just the knowledge that the person he thought he had called for was gone. The news struck him rather hard; words didn’t seem to come back in response either, he stood there looking across at his former pupil with a look of astonishment across his face. Had nayru been here really all alone to keep the pack together, had it really gotten that bad? Instantly his mind set to work on all the possible outcomes but it was no use, his eyes fell on her face again, no words seemingly needed for the moment as a look of sadness overcame him. The man instantly wanted to lift her up in a hug, knowing how upset she had been with him last time for leaving, but something kept him from doing so. No if Conor had left and Nayru had answered his call that meant she was in charge, and that hardly surprised him.

Finally he seemed to find some words, but he wasn’t happy with them. “Not being able to remember you put a scar on my soul” he spoke, referencing his injury. Unsure if she was even aware of what had happened to him. “I’m sorry for leaving” he spoke again at the doorstep to Dahlia. He didn’t offer any physical sign of submission, since she offered no physical sign of dominance but in his words it was written clearly.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... erries.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:325px; border:1px #AD0B12 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height:12px;">

The astonishment that tainted the man's face did not phase her, rather it pleased her. That such simple words could shake him the way his call had shaken her was comforting, even if nothing else about his massive presence was. Was it Conor's absence that surprised him so? Or was it that she, fairy child of Dahlia de Mai, still stood tall despite that absence? It did not matter, Nayru did not let and hint of the derived pleasure seep into her face, her ruby eyes stayed glued to him, eye lids never flickering, the constant stare never faltering. Not even when his words, cryptic but so sweet, floated forward and greeted her with genuine remorse.

Don't offer me any apologies. The pointed words formed in a mouth that did not open to allow them out. Conor's abandonment had hurt more than she ever showed anyone, but Saluce's had hurt even more. It had come first and there had been no good bye. There one day and gone the next. No explanation. Even Conor had an explanation, as pathetic and empty as it had been. Yet to voice such unhappiness wasn't an option. Before she would have openly expressed these emotions, as she had once before. Showed him how angry his turning his back on Dahlia de Mai made her, how alone she felt to have all of Dahlia de Mai depending on her so suddenly. Yet it was no longer his privilege to see into her heart, so she swallowed down the words that would expose herself to him.

The words that did come came flatly. I don't understand. It was simple and true. His words confused her, but it was more than that. As if stating a useless fact, such as the color of the sky, her words came, devoid of any emotional tones or traces of feeling. I don't understand why you left and I don't understand why you came back. And then a pause and she was all business. Queen of Dahlia de Mai, the gatekeeper, and it was her duty to ask these questions. What do you want with Dahlia? Why are you here? Why are you here? Why are you here?

[/html]
The emotions that she hid, he knew even if he didn’t detect them, her simple silence told him enough. The rock that had been Conor in their lives had left, leaving Nayru all alone to keep the pack together in both of their absences. He had known someone was wrong with Conor even if he hadn’t outwardly shown it, but he never imagined Conor would have left after he did. It was Conor’s end game, he had been jealous of Saluce back then, suspicious even and when he left it should have reaffirmed Conor’s position. But it didn’t matter, Saluce stood silently staring across at the now Queen of his lost homeland. So many moons ago he remembered her as an innocent little child, and now it seemed Dahlia was yet again in the hands of a young leader. Her questions where rightly asked and nothing he could say would ease it but he hoped that her heart was still in there.

“The snowstorm” he pointed to his head “I lost most of my memories, I didn’t even recognize Conor after I awoke. I woke up in Dahlia feeling like a stranger, wondering how I got here and nothing I did brought any of it back”, it didn’t explain in a very good fashion why he left but it explained why he hadn’t told her. He didn’t know her back then, how could he have thought to say anything when he couldn’t remember his most successful pupil. A tear fell from his eye, something even he never allowed, not even when he had broken apart his mate ship between Layla. Tears weren’t something that came often to the proud man. But he found them just the same, even if their relationship had changed, he still knew her better than most, and he’d always share his thoughts with her.

“My memories came back a week ago, after another seizure, like a storm and I’ve been on my way back ever since” the scars of his injury where still there, he still suffered from extreme headaches and seizures. The man was obviously still broken, the healing of his head would continue on for some time before he’d ever be okay. As to why he returned the answer was simple only a few moments ago, now it seemed he had arrived back to Dahlia with his purpose clearly written before him.

“I’ve returned home, and to you and everyone else. You can either accept me, or send me away, I will accept either decision you make”
[html]

His story washed over her and she absorbed it as silently and unemotionally as ever. It was all news to her, no one had told her of his accident. Perhaps they had been too occupied with her injuries, why worry her with his? Someone should have said something, but it didn't matter now. Even if she had known, even if she had gone to him, what could she have done? He had forgotten her and she was nothing, just another face that he couldn't put a name to. That she, the others, and all of Dahlia meant nothing to him at some point in time churned her stomach, but she couldn't blame him outright. If not for everyone who had so carefully crafted and cultured her as a child, what ties would she have to Dahlia de Mai? Yet even after they had all dropped away, one after another, she had stayed. He hadn't.

The large man bared himself to her, and in face of such emotion she broke her stare, turned away from him. Such openness would tear at her heart, it was hard to be who she believed she had to just then when he was hurting so. Her eyes fell upon the large beast he had brought with him and she let her mind rest on that. It was easier to treat him as a stranger when she focused on all the changes that had happened to him. In many ways his presence did feel very foreign and unfamiliar, but she actually caught his eyes he was again just the large warrior whom she had Gideon had once ambushed together, falling at the feet of their alpha and that man. She didn't want to think of him as that man any longer.

Dahlia does not turn away those who seek it's sanctuary. It was that simple. Conor had never turned away those who needed a home, and she was not one to change that tradition. Even if the hurt he had created in her lingered she couldn't use it against him, and so it was his luck she was so apt at separating her duties to Dahlia de Mai and her own personal feelings. Do you have seizures often? The question was asked without concern, for although the idea that the man who had once been her protector might have something wrong with him ate at her nerves, she only asked because it was her duty to know. Her duty to help anyone and everyone who wished to call Dahlia de Mai their home. And Saluce had called Dahlia de Mai his home, she couldn't take that away from him.

[/html]
The way she treated him hurt him more then he realized. Mistakes where something he had made, even if he didn’t realize it when he left, and now he got the generalized answer. The man stood taller for a moment or two but if he had changed he didn’t realize it, the only change he saw was dahlia and whether or not it was still his home. Saluce had left once under his own direction, and it was Nayru who had brought him back, now he was here at the doorstep wanting her to say anything and he was given only the sign above the door.

The man didn’t answer her question he just sighed and mounted his horse. If this was how it would be he’d find another home or wander along on his own lonely road. Saluce didn’t need Dahlia to protect him, nor was he some sick, tired or poor individual. Maybe sick to some degree but not poor or tired. The horse slowly turned in disgust as the exchange obviously not happy with how things had gone.

“I’m not some stray, and I will not be treated as such.” It was the first time his more assertive tone was used, she was alien to him now and he couldn’t bear to look at her anymore.
[html]

Nayru had not expected another pang of sorrow to strike when he turned from her and leaped upon the horse. With as often as those she loved left her, the girl would have thought herself immune to such abandonment, but each time one of them fled it simply served to tear open the wound that was so slowly healing. His words stung her, she knew he deserved more than her automatic and automated alpha treatment, but there block between her true self and him was too big and heavy to remove just then. So accustomed had she become to nursing her hurt on her own in the last month, she was unable to share it with anyone else. Sharing herself only opened up the possibility that those she shared with would leave. As he was doing once more.

I am not infallible and I will not be treat as such. She wanted to scream at him, as she was sure he would have welcomed the outburst. Any kind of emotion was preferable to the apathy she flung at him, but the words only raged in her head. I hurt too. I hurt too. Treat me like I matter too. She imagined herself grabbing the horse, throwing the words at him. You left and he left and everyone left. I wasn't meant to be alone. I wasn't meant to lead alone. But like a statue she only stood still, unable to force herself into any type of expression even if it meant watching Saluce walk away from her for the final time.

And she might have stood there, watching the dust rise behind him if not for the sudden appearance of Farore. The white women, her dark lilac eyes open wide in the surprise that Nayru would not show. Her voice rose to levels Nayru's never dared, and unlike her sister her ivory hand found the courage to rest upon the immense beast that Saluce sat atop. "Saluce! Saluce! Where are you going? You just got here." And that voice, as melodic as Nayru's was if not even more so, held all the anger and sadness that belonged to Nayru, but that the alpha chose to keep all for herself.

[/html]
He heard nothing from her, the shallow husk she allowed herself to be viewed as coming true. It seemed she needed him more then he even realized, Dahlia needed him and again he was walking away, this time under some selfish reason of pride. But be that as it may he was riding away, in a slow trot before another pressed their hand against his beast. Instantly Charlemagne stopped without his owners urging, head swiveling at the offending hand as if to bite at it before stopping to stare at the lilac eye’d woman that yelled up to his rider.

Saluce turned his head toward the woman letting his eyes widen at the girl. The voice almost the same as Nayru’s but unashamed to voice their emotions. It was Farore and he remembered her, one of the few people he remembered back during that time. The eyes he remembered the most, he could get lost in them easily if he let himself, but her words shook him, awakened him a bit, the sudden outburst of caring reminding him of what he had meant here at one time. His head swiveled back to look at Nayru, all alone he gathered with a burden she never asked for, and he knew what he needed to do. It looked as if her time being tutored wasn’t over and she needed him here even if she wouldn’t voice it. His eyes looked at her face, and form, silent as usual, looking for any sign of her sister’s enthusiasm. Finally knowing he would get nothing from her he looked back to the lilac beauty beneath him.

“I don’t know any more what I’m doing.” The admission genuine, as his head started to pound, and he felt the familiar symptoms of a seizure’s onset.
[html]

Nayru watched as Farore nearly flung herself at the horse, and was surprised to find that the horse and man both did stop at her arrival. Ruby eyes narrowed, for she had not known Farore knew Saluce at all, and certainly had not known that the woman held any sway over whether he went or left. That it was Farore and not Nayru that halted the large man in his tracks stung a little, but neither did she show this. Merely she watched the exchange between the two of them, trying to comprehend when and where they had met. It must have been right before he left, during the time Nayru was holed up in her home made of glass.

"Are you alright?" Farore's words were concerned, the sharp amethyst eyes searching his face. He had once before had a seizure in front of her and his face now matched his face then. "Get off your horse." The voice, coming from a creature that held no authority in Dahlia de Mai or over Saluce Trembley, was sharp, almost demanding, but more frantic than anything else. Whatever drove it cause a stir in Nayru, as she tried to understand what was happening and found herself still out of the loop. And yet, her voice softened, held just the tiniest tinge of emotion then. "Saluce, what's wrong?"

[/html]
Saluce only waved Farore off, he had experienced this before and if he just kept calm he’d be able to keep it from progressing. He just needed quiet. His horse grew nervous, having carried him through one of these episodes before. It was extremely taxing for him, and even embarrassing to him to be in such a condition. He took deep breaths as Nayru’s words hit him. The behemoth heard the concern in her voice and even though it wasn’t much, it meant everything to him. If there was one person in Dahlia that he had a special bond with it was her. He slumped over on his horse, sliding off and landing unsteadily on his feet. A hand reached up to grab Farore’s shoulder to help steady him. He secretly regarded her very highly for her stature, finding her a physical challenge to even his own.

“I just need quiet” he spoke out in a ragged breathe, body shaking softly as if his strength was wilting away before him. It shouldn’t have been like this, he should have arrived and entered Dahlia alongside Nayru, catching up on the events that had rocked this packs land. But it wasn’t so, it seemed he was destined to be pitied and brought in under a cloud of sickness. He fought as valiantly as he could before he collapsed to the ground.
[html]

Both sets of vibrant eyes watched as the man crumpled beneath them, and this time is was Nayru and not Farore who moved. The taller, whiter woman stood still, clinging onto the feeling of Saluce’s heavy hand steadying himself on her shoulder, while Nayru, with no such sensation to adhere herself to, knelt beside the man. Two ivory hands, so pure and soft they could have been wearing silk gloves, tried to touch the man’s convulsing body and ruby eyes slid closed, unsure of just how one was supposed to in such a situation. When the body movement became too much she withdrew her hand, not wishing to interfere with the natural progression of the seizure and simply made sure that no immediate danger would come to him.

With what would be a heavy sigh if the girl did anything heavily, she collapsed back into herself with a soft exhale, though with that breath she released much of the anger she had held towards him. Seeing the seizure seemed to signal that indeed, not always were others in control of their actions and Saluce simply had not been of sound mind when he had fled from her. Yet he was back and she had nearly rejected him, despite the fact that it would be a great relief to have the familiar face back among her ranks. Silently she waited for the movements to die down, and Farore had no choice but to do likewise, daring to place a gentle hand on her sister’s shoulder and wishing that her stoic sibling didn’t have to bear such responsibilities so soon in their lives.

[/html]
As it turned out, the seizure ended quickly and wasn’t too severe. His eyes refocused quickly, even as the confusion of the situation settled in. He’d suffered several of these bouts by now and knew what to expect afterwards. But it still didn’t mean that the confusion wouldn’t be there. For a brief moment his eyes looked at the two women, and he almost thought he had never left Dahlia at all, but his short term memory came flooding back and the pain of the last few moments surged right into his mind. His eyes moved to Nayru as he moved to steady himself into a sitting position.

“I’m sorry I’ve left you here to take care of things, you have a massive burden on your young shoulders, and you should have never had that placed on you” he was referencing Conor, he should have challenged that weakling for Dahlia when he had first arrived. He wanted to get really angry at him, wanted to get belligerent, curse his name, and forget he existed. The man had left without Saluce around; right after a storm had destroyed much of Dahlia and had placed its care in a deserving but young individual. He should hang him for this but he didn’t let himself dwell on it too long.

“I’m here now, and will continue to be, Dahlia needs all of us” he pointed to Farore as well, giving her a nod before asking for a hand from her to help himself up.
[html]
Sorry for the wait. And sorry for not replying to texts these last few days, been busy :/ Short. We can end here and oocly assume they talk about stuff or can actually RP them catching Saluce up XD up to you.

The seizure ended and almost immediately the man spoke, more apologies. Nayru almost wanted to shush him, like a mother would to a child, but she let him speak. Ruby eyes flickered over him, almost hurt that he was angry with Conor, but the anger was easily suppressed by her own hurt at the cream colored Soul. Yet she did not resent him for placing her in such a high rank, leaving her with so many responsibilities. She only resented his leaving. "This is what I am here for, do not be sorry." So it was, and had always been. Servant to Dahlia de Mai, until death do us part.

Nayru nodded at his words, at his confirmation that he was staying, and simultaneously Farore let out a breath she had been unaware that she held. The ivory woman accepted the man’s hand and helped him up, unfazed by the sheer weight of his body. The three of them stood, the highest ranking standing the shortest, but Nayru did not strain herself to look up to either of them. Merely she looked in the direction that her and Farore had come and then turning the man, as if nothing had transpired between the two of them "Perhaps you’d like a meal?" and Farore could help but sneer at her sister and the stoic way she phrased the invitation.

[/html]