Do New Starts = Good Beginnings?
[html]

The italic text is his momma.Well this thing isn't working so I'll just say it on here. The Turkish words in order are.. 'I'm Coming.' 'Aslan stay there.' 'Mom please?' 'Mommy.. Mommy?!' 'Come back..'

He was tired of traveling. They had just gotten off the boat that rescued them from Turkey. Aslan Kurtis just wanted a home. His mom lagged behind him. It was strange, usually she was the one leading, but this time she let him go the way he wanted to. He had a happy expression on his face, a smug smile. He walked with a little skip, for he was excited that they would soon have a home. Also for the first time in sooo long they were finally on He stopped and looked over at his mother. He cocked his head, she was breathing heavily and walking very slow. He ran quickly towards her, ”Mom! Hurry up!!!” he giggled gently. Ben geliyorum… Her words were raspy and sounded as if it took a great deal for her to speak them. He whimpered but kept walking.

Aslan didn’t think much of his mother’s slow walking and heavy breathing. She had almost died once before but his memory seemed to have blocked it out. He sped up with his pace and laughed. Running on the soft ground was so much fun! He giggled and turned quickly back towards his mom. She looked down at him. Her mouth was formed into a smile but her eyes showed otherwise. Aslan cocked his head again. ”Are you okay mommy?” but she didn’t answer. She just kept walking. He shrugged it off and tore off towards the direction she was walking in.

Another thirty minutes passed when Aslan heard a thump. He turned around, ears pinned onto his head. He let out a cry as he saw his mother laying on the ground. He whimpered and cried.”Aslan .. Orada kal." But Aslan didn’t listen. He ran over to her. ”Mom! Get up!” She didn’t move, only let out a small groan. ”Mom! Please? I can smell other wolves! We are close to a packland.” Tears began to fill his eyes. ”Annem lütfen?!" He whimpered quietly to her. She started coughing. Aslan turned his head away, unable to see her in pain. When she wouldn’t stop coughing he looked back at her. Blood spilled out of her nose and the more she coughed the more blood came out of her nose. Tears streamed down her face and she began to throw up blood. Aslan went to her side but she seemed to think he was someone else. She lashed out with her teeth and ripped the skin away from his chest. He yelped loudly and jumped back. He tried to approach her again and she snapped at him once more, this time over his eye. He yelped again and his vision blurred. His left eye filled with blood and his vision was a clouded mess of red.

Aslan’s mother was shaking violently. Convulsions rippled through her body and the blood continued to stream from her nose. It took a long time for her to stop breathing. But eventually her wild snorts and growls came to a stop. The blood stopped flowing and she was quite. One last whimper escaped her mouth before her spirit exited her body. Aslan knew as soon as it happened. He could feel her soul standing next to him. He felt something nudge his side and he bursted forward towards the dead body. He cuddled up against her still warm but very bloated stomach. He whimpered and cried. He couldn’t see out of his left eye and his chest was bleeding tremendously. He cried and cried. ”Anne .. Anne.." the word kept creeping out of his mouth. ”Geri gel." The words ended in a whisper as he started to fade. Would he die here? Only fate could tell.

Aslan does. "Aslan speaks." Aslan thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.aslan-blood b {font-weight:bold; color:#b2a1a1; letter-spacing:1px; }
.aslan-blood .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#b2a1a1;}
.aslan-blood p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.aslan-blood {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#810e0a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AaUai.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #804140; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#BFBFBF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Tammi edit: fixed your table text colour
[html]

Slight PP, pm me if you want it zapped Smile Also dziecko means child, it will be a little nickname XD 300+

The woman was patrolling the borders once again. It seemed that when there was no cooking to be down, this was all the domesticated woman had to spend her time doing. It was good for the pack, most would agree it was better than sitting around. She took her time, in her current state she could not go very fast. Her hand fiddled idly with the strap of her bag as she moved along. She was alone, until she heard yells at least.

Anne, Anne. It wasn't a name, no it was said in a forgein context, a language Io did not know. She moved closer, curious as to the situation. And as her eyes fell upon the figures, she wished she had not seen what she had. A small child hovering over his mother's body. She was dead, and it seemed the boy was in need of attention also, before the same happened to him.

Though she could not move very fast, due to the life within her, then woman broke into a fast jog, stopping behind the boy and pulling him back. 'Tu dziecko' she said as she held onto the sobbing pup , tears filling her own eyes, tears never fallen for her own children. 'There is nothing you can do, dziecko' she whispered to him in her motherly far off tone. She turned the boy's head towards her, inpecting his painful looking wound. With a soft 'tsking' sound she hugged him, pulling him into her chest. She could not have prevented her other sons and daughters deaths, but she could prevent his, 'Dziecko, I will take care of you, okay?' He was not of coyote blood she didn't suppose, she would have to be secretive about her new son.

Her silver eyes searched for the shack she had used as a safe haven once before. It was never used and as soon as someone started living in it, their smeel would ward off intruders. 'I'll take care of you'. Standing up, she walked fast over to the shack safely in neutral territory.

'Co ja mam z tobą zrobić?'Io whispered to herself, tearfully.

<style type="text/css">
.grassblack_07 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.grassblack_07 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.grassblack_07 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.grassblack_07 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3305/grassblack.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 25px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

nope its fine(:

Aslan seemed to be getting weaker and weaker by the second. His ears flickered slightly when he heard footsteps but he made no effort to look up. He let the tears flow freely, his left eye's tears were mingled with blood. His chest was stained and still leaking the coper smelling liquid. He felt whoever it was that had been approaching pull him back. hayır! Annemi istiyorum!" He yelled it out, tears streaming down his face. He struggled against the woman holding him but when she spoke English he looked at her. He knew English! He could understand her. She said there was nothing he could do. He repeated his earlier statement, hayır! Annemi istiyorum! No! I want my mommy!" He said it in English as well so she could understand him.

The woman said she would take care of him. He looked her in the eyes, shutting his left one tight, for it hurt very bad. He sobbed more, "What about anne?" He cried and pressed his head to the woman's chest. He cried and cried. "Anne... anne.." He whispered it over and over again. His mother was gone, but he had a new one. It didn't matter. His mom had risked her life to save her only surviving pup. She had left her homeland so that he wouldn't be in danger. The memories of her almost dying before rushed through his head. It felt like a dam broke in his mind and everything was clear. The same thing had happened to her before but someone had given her medicane that had helped her. He should have asked for some more... but he didn't. And now she was dead.

The woman repeated herself again. I will take care of you. She got up and walked away and Aslan reluctently followed. Not without first giving his mom a good-bye. He walked over to her quite and still body. He cried some more and licked her cheek. There was blood on it and the copper taste filled his mouth. He sobbed more and nuzzled her still slightly warm cheek. Güle güle anne. cennet için güvenli bir yolculuk var. Seni seviyorum! Good bye mommy. Have a safe trip to heaven. I love you!" He repeated his words in English so he wouldn't have to translate them later should the woman ask what he said. He turned and bounded after the woman. Tears flowed down his face and blood dripped steadily off of his stained pelt. "My anne is gone!" He collapsed on the ground, crying hard.

<style type="text/css">
.aslan-blood .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#b2a1a1;}
.aslan-blood {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#810e0a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AaUai.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #804140; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#BFBFBF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

'There is nothing I can do for her, but there is something I can do for you' Io said as they reached the shack. The woman knelt before the small boy and began to root in her bag. No, there was nothing he could do for his mother. 'There' she muttered softly as she found a flask of water and a cloth. 'This may sting a bit, but if you to see again you will stay still'. Carefully clearing the blood and tears away she sighed. She had not even asked his name yet, but she was still adjusting to taking care of something so small before. 'Now, dziecko, what is your name?'

She lent back against the shack wall and dug in her bag again, this time producing a dried silver of meat and holding it out to the child. 'Here take this', Io said, placing a thin, white hand on her stomach and sighing. The puppies movements made it incrediably hard to plan what to do with this child. He was not a coyote, so it was impossible to take him home. 'You need it more than I do' she confided softly. Her hand moved up to her mane and twirled a strand.

'Where do you come from? The language you were speaking, what was it?' It wasn't something she had come across before. The only languages she had come across were European, and even they were only one from countries she had travelled through on her journey.

This child she had found was a mystery to her. He could not fend for himself for long, so she would have to be the one to take care of him. This worried the woman, since Sarajevo had always been wise for his age. Sarajevo! That was it! She could always count on Sarajevo! But what of Aeron, would she help? Either way, she could not leave the boy. She was responsible for him now.

<style type="text/css">
.io-motherly b {font-weight:bold; color:#1c1b1b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.io-motherly .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#827d7d;}
.io-motherly p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.io-motherly {margin:0px auto; width:399px; background-color:#484545; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/J7ZB3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1c1b1b; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6d6b6b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Aslan sniffled as the woman let him into a shack. There was nothing he could do for his beloved anne. The lady said something would sting. He didn't think much of it but when his eye stung he understood. He whimpered but no tears came. His eye cleared up slightly but his sight was still tinted red. He had a feeling it may even be like that forever. What is his name? "Aslan Kurtis. My name comes from word lion. and Kurtis comes from wolf. What is you name?" His voice was choked up and wavery. There was a lump in his throat that threatened more tears. When the lady put a hand over her stomach Aslan guessed she must be pregnant. "My anne was going to birth babies." Aslan sniffled, he was looking forward to having brothers and sisters. He had never known his. They were killed by lions.

The lady spoke again and his ear flickered. She wanted to give him something. He looked at what it was. It was food, a piece of dried meat. This was something he hadn't had very many times. His food had alway been fresh and hot. There were many cooks where he was from. In fact when he was able to shift he wanted to be a chef. He took the meat in his jaws and gnawed on it a bit. 

He needed it more than her. "Why is that? I am sure the puppies inside you need food more than me." He spoke very practical. When she asked him a few questions he offered her a small smile. "I am from Turkieye... Er- Turkey. I was speaking Turkish. Aslan means lion in Turkish. My anne named my pack in Turkey was attacked by lions the night I was born. My mother and I were the only ones that survived.  She took me in her jaws and ran with me. She ran far away, to a dock. We could have gone through Europe without taking a boat, but the lions were chasing us and we had to get somewhere where they couldn't get us. My anne says she was very scared. She also says that I didn't complain once during the whole entire trip." He giggled, "She said all I did was try to open my eyes, and I did! The first night I was born. She said my eyes are always going to be blue be because I didn't give them time. She said she had never seen blue eyes before. She said blue eyes were bad though, blue eyes call the evil eye. The evil eye is bad. It is evil."

He giggled again, "Of course it's evil. In Turkiye no one gives compliments, or the evil eye comes and kills it. Evil eye wants everything beautiful. My mother said that blue eyes are beautiful.. and that's why no one in Turkiye has blue eyes. She said I was special though. She said I am lucky that I am not blind for opening my eyes so early." He breathed deeply, feeling better now that he was talking. Talking about his mother made it feel like she was just outside.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

500+

Io laughed softly, 'Do not feel you have lost anything, I had a brother and a sister and believe me, they are notall they are cracked up to be. My brother is around here somewhere, around this territory, but more up north'. Galileo had set down his hat somewhere at the very top of Nova Scotia, the hybrid woman did not know whether he was still there or not. 'Io Berlin' she said, 'Io is a character of Greek Mythology and a moon of Jupiter, and Berlin is a city is Germany'. She had never given much thought to her name before. It was simply something that her parents had given her. All her siblings had been Berlins, Io, Europa and Galileo. Their first names had been things from a book, or so she was told. Both females of the litter had been named after moons and the boy, was named after an astronmer. Names were only a small part of a person's identity, but then again it was nice to know what one's name means.

Io smiled, 'This is my fourth litter. Sadly all but one has perished'. Her voice was burdened with grief, though her accent and tone generally gave her that edge anyhow. Though she supposed the experiance had only served to anneal her mind. She smiled sadly at Aslan and then looked away, up through the hole in the roof. 'You cannot stay here. This is no place to live, I shall help find you a den close by. I will bring you supplies' she paused, it was perhaps unfair that the male could not live with her due to her pack's views, but it was something that was easily worked around. 'Food, clean water. I will teach you things too'. She did not say the next part, only thought it. Then I will have to come less often for a while, she would not burden him with such thoughts yet.

The woman's ears and eyes readjusted themselves when the boy spoke again. Looking down at the small bulge she smiled, 'Not at this precice moment they don't'. No, he needed it more. He had just seen his mother die and was now being spoken to and mothered by someone he had just met.

'Turkey? That is somewhere south, tak?' she knew roughly where most places were, due to the vast amount of books in her home. 'I was born in the north of Europe' she added. Smiling as her new son rambled on she couldn't help but feel a little worried, how the hell was she going to manage this? Sarajevo had been a handful enough, but this child had obviously been taken care of by someone experianced, boy, was he in for a shock. 'I am sorry there was nothing I could do for your 'Matka'. Even if I had arrived sooner I doubt there was anything I could do'. This comment was offered up with a soft, motherly smile. Hopefully some cosolation for what he had just lost.

<style type="text/css">
.io-motherly .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#827d7d;}
.io-motherly {margin:0px auto; width:399px; background-color:#484545; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/J7ZB3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1c1b1b; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6d6b6b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

"Maybe... But I still would have been happy to travel with little one my age." He spoke rather matter-of-factly. "Oh! I love Jupiter, my favorite is umm... Saturn though." He smiled. His mother had told him so much of astronomy while they were traveling on the boat. "My mommy always talked about how she want to go to Germany, but she never did. There were always lions that were in the way.." His voice trailed off, remembering the night he was born and the terror that he endoured. He pushed away the thought as he continued to gnaw on the meat. He would wait for Io to say something else.

His ears flicked towards Io when she spoke. His mouth opened slightly and he frowned, Ben senin kaybı için üzgünüm. Onlar muhteşem olurdu. I am sorry for your loss, they would have been gorgeous." He smiled small. He frowned again, "Aylar... why I can not stay wiff you?" He was confused. Did she not want him? She said she would be his new mom but.. did she just feel bad? He sniffled again, feeling unwanted was not a happy feeling. But maybe he was making a big deal out of nothing. He was sure that someone as nice as Aylar would want him and not just because she felt bad. She spoke about her pups. "Why?"

He nodded his head, "Evet. Yes. It is." He smiled, "Where were you born Aylar? I know in north but where in north?" He giggled a little bit. He seemed to be forgetting everything that had just happened to him. It didn't feel like she was gone. He had spent lots of time with other wolves on the boat especially when his mom was ill. The woman used a forgien word in her next sentence but Aslan understood what she meant. He offered her a smile, "Once before, on boat. The same thing happened. A man used kind of medicane that stopped it. But anne was always in pain. Everyone has time to go. It was anne's time to sleep forever." He sniffled and let a couple tears fall from his eyes. He knew that she was in a better place now, but he would miss her dearly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

Io smiled, 'You sure you could handle someone always bugging you and always telling tales? I couldn't'. She spoke in the typical way one would speak to a child, entertaining each word in order to grab the attention of the pup. This she could handle, playing with children despite her usual disposition. She was smart, she knew how the brains of children worked. It was the actual aspect of caring and being responsible for a child that she failed on.

Io smiled sadly, 'My brother said he was going to Germany, I left before him but he said he would go one day. I do not know if he has yet though. I do not see what would stop him, there are no lions back home'. Soft vowels and sharp constanants flowed from the woman maw as she spoke, acompanied by a playful grin.

Io sigh, the pitch of the sigh moved up and down creating a silent giggle. But the woman's face betrayed the humor in her vocals. Her face was not as stoney as it usually was, it had softened due to her thoughts. 'At least I have Sarajevo and you'. Sarajevo would not be favoured any more than Aslan, as far as the hybrid woman was concerned both were her sons. 'They were just too weak to survive I guess' came her brief explaination. 'I was only young the first time, perhaps that played a part'.

The subject topic changed yet again, but to omething Io was a little less happy about explaining. 'Because' she started softly, placing a gentle hand on her son's shoulder. 'My pack, is run by coyote hybrids, if you are not a coyote hybrid you are not allowed to join'. A tear fell, her free hand wiped it away quickly. 'But I will take care of you none the less'.

The subject changed swiftly, yet again, Io guess it would be hard to keep children happy. 'Poland'.

Io ruffeled her son's head fur and smiled, 'We all have a time my son, you time will come and so will mine'. She paused, adding something else onto her comment so as not to worry Aslan. 'But not for a long time'.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Slight change in plans.. he is now 25% coyote. oh! and sorry for the delay.

Aslan smiled faintly, "Yes.. I would have liked someone to play with. Mother was always sick on the boat so I could only play by myself." He yawned, he was getting tired. He seemed to have forgotten about his mother until he looked down at his blood-stained jacket and tears welled up in his eyes again. Anne was gone forever. And there was no bringing her back. She was in a better place though now. Right? So maybe it was better for her to be gone. She had been sick since they left Turkey. And Aslan knows that Anne would have loved Io.

"Hmmpp. Maybe he's busy if he has not gone yet." Aslan cocked his head, traveling somewhere so far away would not sound like fun to him. He liked being on the boat where he stayed in one place. The boat was pretty big too so he had fun running around all over it, but traveling was not on his bucket list. When Io let out a small giggle he cocked his head and laughed. "Who is Sarajevo?" The name didn't sound familair. She hadn't said it before had she? She explained why the pups had probably died. "I'm sorry.." He knew that she would probably have been in great pain when the pups were not alive. A mother and her children are one of the closest bonds on Earth. Even if the mother has never met the pups before.

Aslan cocked his head, "But I am coyote.." His grandmother had had coyote in her. He wasn't sure how much but he knew he had at least a quarter of coyote in him. His mother had explained their heritage and history of the family line to him as soon as he was old enough to understand. He was about four months old.. so it was only a month ago that she had told him. All their family's history was still fresh in his mind. She spoke of where she was from, "Poland.. That's cool!" He giggled. When she spoke about times coming he nodded his head. He didn't want to die but he kept thinking that as soon as he did he would be able to see his mother again... that thought brought a smile to his face.

<style type="text/css">
.gravestone-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.gravestone b {font-weight:bold; color:#3e1414; letter-spacing:1px}
.gravestone p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.gravestone {margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/2mhh0yo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 450px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#606060; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC/WC

Seeing Aslan yawn, Io stroked his head softly. 'You are a coyote? That means you are welcome to come and live with me and Aeron'. He did not look like a coyote, but then again nor did the hybrid woman or her biological son. A faint smiled graced the woman's face, a soft one, reserved for her family, and Aeron, her cavemate and co worker. 'We should get going soon then?' she asked, her thin fingers still teasing his ear.

As he spoke of her brother she shrugged, 'Perhaps, but... I do not care. He is a bad influence'. She frowned softly, she did not hate her brother, only showed great disdain towards him and his stupid antics. 'Sarajevo is my son, your brother' Io said simply. The awkward boy would most probably readily accept Aslan, Sarajevo, with all his flaws and kinks, was an opening, trusting boy.

She laughed silently as he smiled at the mention of her home land. 'It was, very cold'. Europe had not been the warmest place, possible the reasoning for Galileo's 'escape' into the wider world. Io herself had left, and in return got a lot of rap from it. It seemed that Europa, always perfect, had stayed much in Warsaw, much to her mother's joy. All that didn't matter now, Io had her new family to worry about.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]