A shadow amongst shadows
OOc: Sorry its so short Jaden. ><

Time: 9:30AM
Area: Eternal Eclipse
Mood: At ease, cautious

Drizzt rested his head against the bark of the oak tree he had chosen to make his perch. His blades here sheathed and attached to his belt, which was hanging just above him from another branch. The ‘Champion of Chaos’ was half asleep, having stayed up through the night to wander some of the new territory he was in. He crossed his legs and arms as he pondered over his search last night.

He had learned that the territory was mostly neutral, though four packs shared the dense woods, each claiming a small portion of the area, leaving the majority of it to other creatures who would traverse it. The scents from the packs were very different from Malice’s. Where Drizzt himself was drowned in the scent of blood and death, the other packs had softer scents, though the most northern pack had a close run with his scent. Sighing, the dark furred male again wondered of the wisdom of his choice. While he felt like not killing his father was the right choice, he was unsure about having left his home. There, he had a place amongst his people, and led a comfortable life, minus the countless slaughters Chaos so thoroughly enjoyed. He wondered if the northern pack was similar to his own, grimacing at the thought. He didn’t need an encounter with them if that was the case…

Slowly stretching his arms, Drizzt looked about, lethargy taking hold of him. He hadn’t had a day like this since he was found back in Europe, before the hunters had found his little grove. He traced his fingers across a patch on his leather jerkin, feeling the obvious difference from where he had made his own repair to the damaged coat. Leaning back, the assassin re-crossed his arms, but kept his eyes half open. He would enjoy the cool breeze, and protection from the sun, but he wasn’t comfortable enough to doze off. Not out here.
[html]

Sorry this didn’t come sooner.

~500

The sun was brutal whenever it pushed through the trees and heated Jaden’s dark fur. His only escape from its attack was beneath the shady trees of the forest surrounding him. For the past few days, the Optime had been limping about the territory, trying to figure out what he was going to do. It seemed like that question was ever present in his mind as of late, but now it was different somehow. After failing his attempted assassination on the leader of Cour des Miracles, it was like an amazing weight had been lifted off the wolf’s chest. Before the fact, Jaden had pushed toward a killing that he never really wanted to commit. Only because he wanted to hold his word to a very shady character had he ever tried in the first place. Pello would never find him, and even if he did the wolf was not capable of killing Jaden. It seemed stupid when he thought back on it. It no longer mattered now.

Not hunting someone and dropping his intent to kill again also meant something else. Jaden was no longer an assassin. Of course, this wouldn’t change his capability in combat or the way he acted, but it was a bit refreshing for Jaden to have a clear mentality about who he was. He was free and now able to move on in his life.

Where to move on to wasn’t really important. As Jaden walked along, relaxed and enjoying the shade of nearby trees, he was relatively carefree. Thoughts of his next meal and regret about his injured paw were all that divided his attention. His last meeting with fellow wolf had been coincidental after the former assassin had fallen out of a tree. She helped him to dress the rather large gash he now had on the lefts side of his torso, but couldn’t do much to address the ankle he had twisted. It would heal with time and felt much better then in had when he acquired the injury, but it made Jaden walk with a small and noticeable limp in his Optime form.

Walking along now, the dark furred Optime was met by the sight and smell of another stranger. Yet another new person he hadn’t seen before was seated rather peacefully under the shade of a tree ahead. From afar Jaden could see the blades on his belt and could tell by the sheaths they were nestled in that this wolf could be dangerous. A dangerous wolf might be worth arming myself for. He thought. So, too be safe, he reached into his satchel and drew his favorite weapons. The blackened metal gauntlets gold inlay reflected beautifully as he adorned them, but the former assassin decided to leave off the blades and tied them to his shoulder strap for quick access. In case this meeting went bad, he could quickly turn the blades into their place on the gauntlets and be ready to defend himself. Jaden doubted it though because of the other wolf’s relaxed manner. He began to approach cautiously. “Hello, stranger,” Jaden said neutrally, stopping at a safe distance. “It’s a fine day for a nap, isn’t it?”

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style>
.jaden-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jaden-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jaden-t51 b {color:#181913; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jaden-t51 {background-color:#B3B4A8; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011feb/jaden.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525344; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.jaden-t51-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
.jaden-t51 .inner {margin:0px 10px 163px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#313229;}
.jaden-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #181913; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>[/html]
OOc: Jaden is wearing his Moon Blades, correct? XD

Drizzt felt his ears twitch as he heard the approach of what he believed to be another wolf. Remaining as he was, he sniffed the air, catching the scent of a lone male, who had no pack scent on him, which allowed the dark male to remain at ease. He calmly waited for the other wolf to either bypass him, or approach him. And soon enough, he was faced by his fellow loner. He opened his lavender eyes fully, meeting the pair of stormy blue eyes. He chuckled and grinned at the comment on his napping, while his eyes scanned the new comer. He noticed the weapons immediately, his eyes looking over the short bow with caution as his grin faltered. He could handle himself in close quarters, but he hated dealing with flying arrows. And those wrist blades...

Moving with a little stiffness, Drizzt brought himself to his feet, but leaned on the tree and left his sword belt on the branch. He looked into the dark strangers eyes again, hoping his people hadn't found a way to change the traditional crimson color. He grinned again and spoke up in a friendly tone. "Salutations to you as well, and yes it is, if I do say so myself." He crossed his arms and leaned his head back, looking up at the trees. "Those are beautiful blades you have there. Did you craft them?" He asked, indicating the males wrists with a motion of his hand. The craftsmanship awed Drizzt, who's love for blades drew him to such weapons as his father's scimitars.
[html]

Words=300+

Though the other male acted calm, Jaden picked up on his slightly defensive feelings. The crossed arms and way he looked away from the Alaskan were some of the most simple defensive gestures. The made Jaden feel more secure with the laverneder eyed stranger but not because he was glad to look a little intimidating. An enemy who was acting defensive was almost never hostile for no good reason.

As the stranger scanned Jaden, his eyes falling on the gauntlets and their blade attachments, Jaden returned the cautious gaze. At close range, the simple garments this man wore said much more about him. The brown clothing was actually a good amount of leather and leather armor. Armor was not usually worn by random travelers or harmless luperci, so it was blatantly obvious this man was in fact a worrier of one kind or another. The leather wasn’t as tough as Jaden’s metal gauntlets, but it would still prove a disadvantage in a fight.

Hearing the man speak reassured Jaden even further that he carried no ill will. He seemed rather kind through his words and compliments. “I have neither the skill nor artistic interest to craft such find weaponry,” Jaden replied kindly, despite how painful it was to be reminded of his mate, “They were a gift from a long since passed friend.” The Alaskan wondered if it was obvious that the blades hanging from his shoulder strap connected to the locking places on the front of the gauntlets. He figured their general shape and the way the two pieces looked to fit together would allow someone to see their relation with a little deductive reasoning. “But thank you for the complement. The armor and weapons you have,” Jaden nodded toward the blades still hanging in the tree near the stranger, “are equally as well crafted. I doubt they are hunting weapons though.” He said with a grin. “My name is Jaden. It’s nice to meet you.”

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e92a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadenlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
WC: 314

Drizzt noticed the strangers critical gaze, and mentally nodded. The first lesson he had learned; Know your enemy. This dark male was obviously a competent fighter, judging from his stance and analyzing gaze. ’I like this guy already’ The Chaos Champion thought humorously.

Hearing that the gauntlets were a gift from a deceased friend caused Drizzt to flinch inwardly. He himself had no ‘friends’ back home. Even before he left he only had ‘subordinates’. And not even they were trusted. But the sadness in the mans voice, barely even register-able, allowed Drizzt to understand that it wasn’t the same as when his own ‘subordinates’ died. Shaking away the thought, the Assassin heard out the metal wearing male. He chuckled with the joke on his armor. Rubbing the studded gauntlets, he slowly worked his mind over the name so he could meld it with the mans face.

With an formal bow, Drizzt offered his own name in return. ”My name is, simply, Drizzt. And… I suppose you could say they are hunting weapons.” He said with some disgust. As beautiful as the blades may be, they were made for a murderer. For a man who would hunt down and kill another creature just so he could watch its blood flow. Bringing his emotions in check, he decided to question Jaden a bit. ”What about your own blades? How exactly do they stay together with the gauntlets?” He was eager to understand the weapons, as he always was with any other blade. He paused himself, as another question came to his mind. ”Jaden? If you don’t mind me asking, you’re armed as a fighter. But, you walk, and are armed more like a skirmisher. So… What exactly are you? In the sense of; fighter, scout, or something else?” The Russian wolf asked, curious to understand the types of soldiers they had here in the American continents.
[html]

Sorry about not answering your question before, but yes. He is now Wink Words600+

Drizzt’s weapons were finely crafted in deed. The scimitars were beautiful and, like most long bladed weapons, made Jaden envious of the skill it took to use them. His custom made blades were a variation of weapons used commonly by his old pack. Because of this, he had practiced for a long time with similar weapons before acquiring his own set. But despite that, he always had a disadvantage to longer reaching blades. The scare on his chest had been from a brute wielding a rather large clamor. Such weapons simply over reached the wrist blades with their small foot long reach.

When Drizzt inquired about the moon blades locking mechanism and to how it worked, Jaden grinned. His mate had been quite the craftswoman to figure out how to make gauntlets that were also wrist blades. Jaden had sat and analyzed them for hours to understand his weapons fully. “As I didn’t build them, I can’t be sure I completely understand the way these weapons work.” He untied one of the semicircle blades from his shoulder strap and stepped toward Drizzt. There was some hesitation because he didn’t know if the other wolf would trust him that close with a blade. But he made sure not to attach it until he was close so as not to approach the other male with a working weapon. He then turned his arm and held it out for Drizzt to view. “But, You see the lip here?” Jaden indicated the c-shaped front of the gauntlet. “It slides perfectly into the one on its blade.” He said showing the blades connecting c-shaped end. The blade is basically a hollow fist guard with a center bar to grip while fighting. “As far as I can tell, once the blade is connected, I squeeze the blades inner grip,” Jaden demonstrated with three fingers. Two almost unnoticeable, but thick and strong cylinders pushed out of the connecting end and stood about an inch tall. “And those lock into holes in the gauntlets lip.” The Alaskan then slid the blade onto its gauntlet with a metallic sound. Squeezing the inner grip so they locked, he pulled on the blade to show it wouldn’t budge and offered it his arm for Drizzt’s analysis. “It is rather simple, but it works quite well.”
Jaden stood for a second so Drizzt could see the blades while the man asked another question. The question was one that would have instilled almost instant distrust for Drizzt in Jaden had he still been hunting Vigilante Haskel, but since he had discarded his life as an assassin the question was a bit puzzling to answer. Being very careful not to harm Drizzert, Jaden took his arm back and turned away from him. He turned his back and looked at the blade. He imagined all it would have been used for. Its earliest purpose had been to help kill innocents and coyotes who crossed Uva Atka. The beauty it held seemed ironic because of that. The former killer was quite for a few moments because he wasn’t sure how to answer Drizzt. “I haven’t ever really given what I used these weapons for a name.” He admitted. The truth was a bit dark, but there was no reason for him to hide it from this man any longer. With a sigh, he said, “I guess you could’ve called me an assassin. I didn’t kill for a price, but I did kill for reasons that were not my own.” Jaden was then silent again as he wondered how the stranger would take his confession. “But, I have decided to never kill for other people again.” He said reassuringly and turned back to face Drizzt. “It isn’t a life I want to live anymore.”

<style type="text/css">
.snowlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.snowlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#3b6262; letter-spacing:1px}
.snowlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.snowlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#071923; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/343gkt4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#617984; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #05121c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
As Jaden approached, Drizzt bristled slightly, but relaxed when the male stopped and extended his arm carefully. Watching as the man slowly connected the blade to the gauntlet, the Prince felt a grin grow on his muzzle. Though it seemed more complicated than necessary, he confirmed that the weapon had its own grace and efficiency. It was convenient for travel, since it could be separated and stored. And from how easily Jaden put the blades together, they were quickly at hand when needed. Add in the obvious speed one could move those blades with, and the maneuverability they offered, Drizzt found them to be quite the weapon. In trained hands, those twin weapons would devastate an opponent. ”Well now, those are blades I would enjoy facing.”

After Jaden had finished, Drizzt waited patiently for his answer, suppressing his anxiety. But at the mention of the word ‘assassin’, the Russian tensed and loosened his arms, preparing to grasp his belt if need be. However, as the other male continued to explain, the Champion was put at ease once more, and a smile appeared on his face. And when Jaden turned around, he spoke up with a pleased tone. ”Jaden, you have no idea how great it is to hear such words from another wolf.” He said, leaning calmly against the tree again. ”I am in a similar position in those regards, and haven’t been happier in my life. Maybe more confused, but I’m happy.” With that, Drizzt closed his eyes and pondered over his past, his thoughts slipping from his mouth. ”I’ll never be a tool for that pack again…” He mumbled.
[html]

Words~400

A tool. Drizzt’s last comment seemed to be less directed at Jaden but more like he was simply speaking what he was thinking, but it inspired some reflection within Jaden’s own mind nonetheless. Drizzt had been a tool, but is that what Jaden had truly been. A tool is innocent; someone being used for something they don’t understand and can’t control. Such a realization would relieve Jaden of so much guilt over what he had been, it might very well change the way he carried himself. But, it was not fact. Jaden had been no more of a tool than any other murderer. He very well could have refused to kill and just give his life. Not only that, but he had to admit to himself that he enjoyed the killing sometimes. What a feeling of power there was in taking the life of some worthless coyote! Once the blood lust set in, all seemed right. No, more than right, killing seemed natural. Like wolves were never meant to have a conscience and killing was just the way nature worked. Jaden’s mind didn’t get lost in the philosophy of the matter. He simply admitted to himself that he was formerly a willing killer and truly not a tool. It was a step toward forgiving himself, but for now he just put up the self preserving wall of ignorance and decided to feel guilty later.

Drizzt was definitely a wolf worth meeting. He seemed kind yet again as he complimented Jaden’s weaponry. He went even further as to say they were in similar situations. This was quite a surprise for the former assassin. He looked at Drizzt quizzically and wondered just how similar the two were. Their weapons were different, but what of it? Perhaps they carried similar burdens. Jaden hoped for the sake of Drizzt’s sanity they didn’t share to common of a past. “I guess I am much happier to be free as well.” Jaden said with a nod as Drizzt relaxed a bit. “But life seems to be lacking meaning lately. If we have similar situations Drizzt, hopefully you have a plan? I can’t seem to decide what to do.” The Alaskan didn’t inquire about the others past more then he already had. He didn’t like explaining his in depth so he figured this fine fellow would share the same want for privacy.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e92a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadenlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Thinking on what Jaden had said, Drizzt pondered his own goals. Initially, the runaway prince, had simply come here to escape his mother and her minions, and so far, that seemed successful. But now that he thought of his situation, the leather clad male realized that he had not yet found a purpose for his life, though this realization did not bother him. Drizzt had left behind a comfortable, easy life of killing weaker wolves for his crazed mother. Left behind the prestige awarded to him since his birth, the easy glory that killing the random lone wolves had gotten him. For a chance to live by his own rules.

As he thought about his reason for leaving, Drizzt felt a familiar throb in his head as his vision blurred a bit. Shaking his head and running a hand over his face, he replied to Jaden. ”To be honest Jaden, my lasting plan is to avoid my old fa- pack.” He said, barley catching himself from revealing a un-needed reminder of his past. ”Right now, I’m going on doing what I want to do, with no one telling me otherwise. I spent the better part of my life time killing for someone else, with no chance to get out and see the world. Now that I am, I’m in no rush to do anything else.” Pausing to think a bit more, Drizzt sighed. ”I’m sorry, I wish I could help you Jaden, but for me, nature itself is enough for me. Maybe trying something you haven’t done before could inspire you to find a new hobby?”