Supply Run
[html]

(Nootau: Not Visible)

Slightly behind in her original task from the sudden arrival of a joiner, Ralla rode comfortably along on Sugar's back, her pregnant belly saddled well in the curve of the quarter horse's back. The journey taken her well into the night before, and she had camped for a quick rest before continuing in the morning. Kemo would no doubt be worrying, but she could not send a message--her mate being blind and all--and Nootau could not go terribly far from her unless he was sent by the Great Spirits for something of their own design, not her own. She would just have to apologize to him once she returned.

The white wolfess soon came upon the familiar Cercatori D'Arte borders, and she howled her familiar howl to the air, hoping that someone familiar would come. She was only there to trade for some supplies that she would need to jump start the observatory and start chronicling the AniWayan legends in earnest. As far as she could tell, the fire was in great condition and blossoming in its ferocity; she would need to return and see to containing it a little more. And now that it was spring, she could resume work on the ceremonial stone grounds. Kemo would have none of it, though, until the pups were born. Often enough she laughed with him, teasing about how much he worried that the pups were going to come any day. Just as often she reminded him that when they were due, they would know; she would settle down in their hut and promptly begin to complain. Yes, that is how they both envisioned the tell-tale sign, which always elicited a sense of levity for the situation. Nootau was not with her at the moment, but she could feel him close by; the barn owl spirit guide, however silent, was not one to be left out of most situations, even if he chose not to show himself to anyone but her.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.rallasface .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rallasface p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rallasface b {color:#441e39; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fdSxN.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ce4b03; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Mind if I hop into this loverly thread? Big Grin +7

There was always something going on within the small, tight-knit art pack. Whether good or bad it was hard for the craftsman to say, but he knew that with all the time he spent catering to his pregnant mate, he did miss his trips out to the border to collect new things. With a swift decision as he stood inside his own home, Bangle began to drape the usual things around him - all things noisy, decorated, and strange.

Sounds that radiated off of the male alerted Jack, Skye's horse, as the coywolf meandered up towards the side of her house. Though even as he tried to walk silently, there were a cacophony of rattling that was muted only slightly when something hit thick fur or dense leather. Jack nickered upon Bangle's approach, as the merchant silently untied him. The coywolf was still not used to riding a horse, and he wasn't about to try again that day. He admitted to himself that horses were good to carry heavy loads, especially when a craftsman such as himself came back with more than an armload of things simply upon exploring the outskirts of Cercatori d'Arte.

Bundling up spare furs and other things upon Jack's back, he could see the strong creature shift its own weight in response to an additional load. Another nicker, possibly in protest, Bangle made some soft noises as he took the creature's reigns and slowly pulled him away from the house. The direction of the borders is exactly where the multicolored male was headed now, leading the horse on foot. Leather belts, stomach-lined satchels, otter skin water bags, and empty bottles (to name a few) were strapped to him for such an occasion, and carrying only a light load meant that the coywolf would soon return with more craftable goods.

Bangle almost wished he could have invited Ouija out to gather things with him, the coywolf learned a lot from the painted wolf since he first arrived. Though his disappearance after the snow storm disheartened the male some, he shook his beaded head. Perhaps someday he'd see the painted wolf again, it wasn't all that difficult to spot him anyhow.

As soon as the pair had entered the woods, the coywolf began his hunt, occasionally adding things that were strapped to his own form, and other times tying or draping them around the horse. The sense of wanderlust that had formed in the gypsy long ago was alive and well again that day, and soon Bangle and his carrying companion were along the outskirts of the pack. The male's tail wagged slightly in excitement, finding a half-eaten carcass of some sort of creature, but in its mangled state Bangle had no idea what it was. Throwing it into one of his deeper satchels, Jack began to shake his head slightly at the sights and smells of dead things.

"Shh shh, easy now," the male crooned, though it was obvious the horse was slightly irritated. But that was quickly forgotten at the sounds of a call not far away, and both Jack and the coywolf's ears had perked up. Though Jack had been around wolves his entire life, the sounds of a wolf howling still spooked the beast inwardly, with a sense deep within that he was still prey. Bangle pat the horse's neck a couple of times, hearing him nicker, and gingerly led the horse a few paces forward into a clearing, where he spotted the source of the call.

"Miss Ralla!" A grin stretched his face as his eyes settled upon the familiar woman, and with a free hand he waved in her direction. It had been some time since he saw the AniWayan female, and now she was ready to have her own family judging by the curve of her belly. Jack settled down a little, though his curiosity of the other horse lingered as the pair drew nearer. Bangle let go of Jack's reigns for the moment, knowing he'd stay put with Skye's training, and approached Ralla seated upon her horse. The male held a paw out towards the woman, which was outstretched towards her in both greeting and to assist her down should she need it. "What brings yeh out 'ere?"
[/html]
[html]

AHHHHHHHH NOELLE I'M SORRY!!!!!!! D>

The day seemed to brighten as an old acquaintance came to greet Ralla at the borders; most welcome, indeed. "Bangle!" she called back, returning the wave and letting Sugar walk to meet them halfway, the gelding brushing his nose lightly over Bangle's horse's neck to greet the other. The hybrid man was grinning widely as ever, although his own horse seemed a bit more out of sorts than the rest of the group. In all honesty she was glad to see Bangle; he had been a welcome light-hearted coywolf to meet on her and Noss's journey, and she still remembered how he had given her the precious Sky Stone out of pure good will. She was sure that luck was heavy on him from the spirits; it must've been, since his good deed had ended in their benefit.

Taking the offered hand, Ralla swung one leg--none too easily at this point, she noted--down from over Sugar's bare back, angling herself to the side so her stomach did not press against Sugar's ribs. The other hand grasped a strap that held a pack full of goods she had brought for trade for balance. The colored man was still decorated and carrying all his wares, and she counted herself doubly lucky that it would be him that answered her call for her purpose. "It's been a while, Bangle," she said amiably. "I came this way to see if I could trade for some things that I need. I don't suppose you'd be willing to perform such a trade?" The question was more in a formality, just because she knew just how much Bangle took pride and loved to see his things to others. That one visit had certainly made an impression, but it would never taint the good image she had of the man. "I need a calligraphy brush," she said the word 'calligraphy' a little oddly, since she only had a loose idea of what is was from J'adore, "a lot of paper, and a lot of ink. Do you have any of this? Of course, as I said, I have things to trade this time." Turning to dig through her packs, she began to list what she had brought. "Woven blankets, leather bracelets, feathers, beads, a pearl comb," which was a particularly rare and lucky find she had had on her way back from the southern lands, "a mirror, and a pair of glasses." The glasses had also been an odd find. Ralla had never seen a luperci wear them, but they were made of glass, so what else was she supposed to call them?

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]
[html]
+5. The beauty of roleplaying = pulling said objects of discussion out of thin air XD. Sorry if this post sucks beyond belief.. I'm up impossibly early. Word of the day: "Calliga-wha?" xD

It had been some time since he and Ralla ran into eachother, but back then her belly wasn't swollen. There was a different glow about the woman, that went beyond the color of her skin. It was that familiar, pregnant glow that illuminated Skye's face often. His form backed up some as he felt the slim hand of the other slip into his rough one, watching carefully as she managed to waddle out of the saddle and onto the ground.

The grin never left his face as she spoke again, the familiar and friendly greeting. Glancing briefly at her stomach, he nodded and winked once. "Indeed it has, miss Ralla! Or shall I say Mrs., now, hmn?" His ears perked up high above his head, however, when she mentioned her reason for the journey. Trade. At her question, the coywolf puffed out his chest a little, proudly to be trading on behalf of the pack. "Are yeh kiddin'? Bangle's th' name n' tradin's the game!" He winked, using the same tone of voice he had when he first attempted to sell her something upon her last visit.

Multicolored form practically leaped over to Jack, who nickered at the unexpected action of the coywolf, as Ralla began to list her needs. The male's hands fiddled with the packs on the black and white horse's back, intently listening to the white AniWayan. "Calliga-wha?" The word was as unfamiliar upon his tongue as it seemed upon hers, but he still continued to look through the belongings he brought along for his scavenger trip. He pulled out a stacks of paper and the black liquid in which to write it with, and chuckled a bit. "Skye gave me this in hopes I'd start writin', but I'm sure she won' mind if it goes t' a better cause, eh?" The male couldn't bring himself to tell the red-headed woman that he wasn't quite interested in reading or writing - things humans used to do. Looking through the myriad of other strange things was a brush, the handle made out of wood and soft, wiry animal hairs of some sort near its end.

The decorated male brought these things over to Ralla's direction, if only to save her strength from walking a few steps from where she took out items from the pack of her own horse. "Don' think it's much, but per'aps this'll do?" Bangle was none too sure if the small brush was what the white wolf was looking for, though even if it wasn't he would have attempted to sell it to her in some fashion. As the woman fiddled with items of her own to trade, he made simple conversation. "How yeh been? Yeh seem far along," The male remarked her obvious protruding belly. The coywolf paused, then covered up for his silly remark. As far as... parents.. I mean.. heh!" The 'p' word was strange on his tongue - it was the first time he had used it, in all honesty. Bangle clicked his tongue, as if trying to rid himself of the strange word altogether.
[/html]
[html]

Was that seriously the word of the day? o.0 How coincidental XD

Ralla felt a blush rise to her cheeks at Bangle's implications, but could remember vividly the man's smooth-talking and jovial ways from way back, even then; thus, she did not let it bother her, and instead felt a tingle of humor. "I don't believe I'm old enough to be called a Mrs. yet, do you?" she asked in a shy voice, although the corners of her mouth were smiling. He was, however, quite apt to switch to the trader she knew him to be, and she was thankful for it. Sadly, she could not stay overnight in the Ccercatori lands that night, or risk worrying Kemo to a blob of jelly. "Calli-graphy," she gently corrected him, watching from over his shoulder, now, as he went about looking for her objects of request.

"Skye? Oh, you mean your council member--oh, excuse me, Second Captain?" It was then that Ralla had to correct herself, since she had used the term she was most familiar with instead of the one proper for the Cercatori pack. She had only very briefly met Skye on the way into the Cercatori lands before, but it had been so long ago, and they had not been properly acquainted to the point of familiarity other than name. "I hope I'm not asking for something that was given to you as a gift..." My, wouldn't that be more than presumptuous? Ralla assessed the quantity and quality of the goods, and deemed them more than satisfactory. "These are perfectly well, Bangle, and I've been the same, thank you. How about you?" The hybrid seemed very cheery--although he always did--and quite frankly, Ralla admired that quality about him. It was quite a talent to always be so smiley. "Oh, about...a month, perhaps? They're due in less than a month's time, the same, if I remember. They certainly feel like it," the white wolfess said, placing a hand on her stomach and feeling little legs gently kicking back. "I can tell that they'll be a handful indeed, though. But Kemo and I'll manage," It was there that she shot another one of her smiles his way, conveying her sincere feelings on the matter. "Now, to what do I owe the trade? My goods are up for your expert perusal," she said with a mock-flare of her own, trying--and likely failing--to emulate Bangle, although this was hard since she was often so proper...

<style>
.rallasface .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rallasface p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rallasface b {color:#441e39; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fdSxN.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ce4b03; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]