whats the difference between exploring
ooc: 365

Viggo yawned and stretched his weary muscles. He flexed, watching sinew move beneath his red fur. His last couple of days had been exhausting making his way here, yet his prayers had been answered. Not only had the youth found a pack but he had been accepted into it. This very hotel was the gateway of his new life.

Rolling off the pile of blankets haphazardly thrown together to make his bed, he stood on all four paws and shook out his coat. For a moment he dreamily watched dust particles floating in the ray of sunlight. However, it was time to seize the day. The sunshine seemed a good omen, and not once had he heard or sensed that nagging voice in his head since he had seen the warmth of that fire just a couple of nights ago. Exiting the room (his room, his very own room!) nails clacked on the wooden floor beneath his paws as he made his way outside.

A few birds chirruped over head as he took a good glance around. The same signage and building was there, but something about the beautiful morning made it look even better. Taking a deep breath of air he began to transform. From what chance encounters he had with others thus far (mostly seeing them in passing) most preferred the luperci form, and he wanted to master it. Hoped to master it.

As he changed from lupus to opt, optime body grew, elongating, yet not painfully. Viggo felt a surge of power and pleasure that he hadn't previously felt. Maybe I'm getting the hang of this... was all he had to think before things went awry. Stuck partly between a secui and optime form, his mind panicked momentarily at the thought of being perpetually trapped in between the forms. Shit...come on Viggo.... Finally after a few moments of near miss he found his focus and finished his transformation.

Now just happy to be in a singular form, he stretched out in the sun on a nearby lawn chair. Amber eyes watched new leaves twirl lazily in the light wind far above him as he began to make shapes out of the clouds.
[html]

Truth be told, Caspa almost preferred her four-legged form. If it wasn't for the curtains of hanging fur and ears that hampered her view, without the handy plaits to keep them tamed, she would have. She was sensitive to the cold though, and though the weather was nowhere near the freezing point she'd been walking through all winter, she still needed her coat to stop her shivering. She wore it now as she stepped outside, intent on a morning ramble through the packlands. Then the sun hit her, its rays intensely warm on this spring morning. Happily she shrugged off the leather garment, folding it over one arm. It was heavy and she staggered a little as she continued towards the gate. Switching arms every few minutes wasn't going to help much, she realised after a few more steps, she'd have to leave it behind.

The thought of climbing back up all those stairs was a little tiresome, and she sighed, wondering if she could leave it by the door without it getting in the way or drawing attention from the wrong person. She doubted it was to Magnolia's taste, or anybody with a real coat of wolf fur, for that matter. She'd just leave it on the grass out here; she wouldn't be long. She turned back towards the hotel, in the same movement tossing the coat off slightly to one side to rest on the lawn. Her arms grabbed for it the second it left her hands, but it was already gone; flying through the air in the direction of a figure she hadn't noticed, a Luperci and a lawn chair.

[/html]
ooc: Word count +300

Half dozing and half looking at the clouds, Viggo noticed a dark shape moving towards him. His mind immediately dismissed it as a dark cloud or a bird, but much to his surprise, something landed on him, covering his face. Instinctively, he yelped and jerked into a sitting position, his hands fighting his way out from beneath his "attacker". He realized too late it was only clothing--a jacket to be precise--and pulling it off his head, he looked up. Jackets don't just fall from the sky, so amber eyes scanned the area, taking in potential causes.

Cinnamon fur stood at odd angles as his eyes lit on a white femme. Was it her jacket? He assumed so, but if it was, why had she discarded it onto him? Her fur and body betrayed some domestic ancestors, and she had a curious symbol around her neck. Viggo could not read nor did he know much about jewelry, so a symbol was his best description of the article of adornment.

Rising from his previous seat on the lawn chair, he stood and gathered his jacket. His left hand offered her the garment. "I'm guessing this is yours?" She too was a smaller wolf, which comforted him; he was used to being the smallest in the room, so having someone near his size was nice. With his right hand he smoothed some of the spikes the static of the coat had caused in his head fur. "I'm Viggo, Viggo Rhys."

He was not sure what else to say, not necessarily shy, he still was not one to initiate conversation, especially with those he did not know. Of course, these days he did not know anyone. How bad could getting to know someone be? Not to mention it was about time he began to meet and get to know other members of the pack. Judging from the scent the slight breeze was bringing his was, she fit this criterion.
[html]

She froze with her forearms still half-lifted, horrified by the sight of the leather coat landing squarely on whoever-it-was. As they began to cry out and struggle free, she considered her options. Run away? Feign ignorance? Look up and blame a mysterious upstairs figure? No, of course not. For one thing, she wasn't afraid of facing the music and for another she always insisted upon honesty in herself and others. It was one of her strictest codes. But she was young and a stranger in a strange land and couldn't help the evasive ideas running through her head. Squelching them down, Caspa tried to look apologetic, her dark eyes penitent but her posture as rigidly proud as ever. "Yes, it is." Stepping forward, she retrieved the garment and kneading it in her paws, continued "sorry about that. I wasn't paying attention, like an idiot."

He was a wolf, coloured an appealing variety of red-browns, looked a little older than her, smelled of the Court, but not emphatically. Viggo Rhys he said his name was and she answered quite simply with the same information, "Caspa." She dropped the coat to the ground and kicked it aside, as if annoyed with it for her mis-throw. It was heavy, that was all. "Only a recent arrival, so I am still unfamiliar with some of the pack. What's your history with these lands?"

[/html]
+200

The demeanor of the femme before him seemed a mixture of embarrassment and indignant. Hopefully it was more of the former. Viggo wagged his tail slowly, trying to appear as friendly as possible. She seemed younger than he was, but not by much, and he smiled as he noticed the gleam of pride despite her apology.

"I'm rather new here too... I just got here a few days back. The night when the bottom dropped out and the rain came." He watched as she dropped the coat and kicked it aside, apparently irritated and annoyed by it. He chuckled at the silly gesture. As his laugh broke the silence, Viggo realized he had on no clothing, whereas she had on some. A feeling of nudity was new to him, and all wolves seemed to take it differently. He felt his checks blush, but thankfully the color was hidden both by the color of his fur and beneath the coat itself.

"I've been working on learning the land and the critters in it... there's some really odd deer and things around here that I've never seen before." He shut his maw, feeling like he was rambling. You sound utterly stupid. "Odd deer"...you're just a country bumpkin as far as she's concerned. Viggo cut his eyes away, momentarily feeling awkward. "What about you? How did you come to be here?"
[html]

The half-dog would never have thought of lacking clothes as something to be ashamed of, for she was used to a mixture of luperci and lupus forms, and her own clothing was seen purely as essential to keep away the chill winter air, designed to block as many drafts as possible, without restricting too much movement. Her ancestry was not built for these northerly parts. It turned out Viggo was new as well, having arrived in the rains. Caspa shivered at the mention, some old instinct had her much preferring the dry, hot weather. Like today, although when a cloud hovered before the sun the air soon started to bite again, to her annoyance. She had not ventured out into the rain; perhaps that was why she had failed to notice his arrival, or perhaps not. It was hard to keep track of comings and goings, in this large and convoluted building. He mentioned odd deer, which struck no familiar chord with her; all the deer she had seen had been normal-looking. She would keep an eye open for odd deer. But there was no time to question him about them as he inquired as to her own story.

"I left my homeland in the fall and walked through the winter," she explained simply. "Here was the first welcome I found and I see no reason not to stay." The packlands, although obviously held many enigmas and stories from the past that she could not begin to conceive of, seemed secure and peaceful enough, as well as holding many worthy characters who she hoped to learn from and grow to know. Caspa was all for the quiet life, but that didn't mean she would close her eyes to trouble. Thankfully, none had yet reared its head. "Will you be staying?" She assumed so, but it was not always wise to assume.

[/html]
A smile on his face, he quickly answered her question. "I like it here... I know it's not been long that I've been around, but I feel as though I..." Viggo paused and watched a butterfly float easily along, trying to find the correct phrase. "...I just fit. It's like a place was made for me before I even knew I was supposed to be here."

The entire comment sounded melodramatic, but was completely true. In just the few days in the hotel, he already found himself more at ease with his shifting abilities, not to mention he finally felt at home (and not just in his own skin.) Normally he found himself equally comfortable speaking with males or females, wolves or otherwise, but something about this white half-breed female was throwing him off. Maybe it had just been too long since he had carried on any type of conversation--be it meaningful or small talk. Viggo thought about asking her why she left her home, much less in winter, but thought better of it. More likely than not she would ask him a similar response (as was polite conversation) and he had no desire to answer that question, especially to one he had just met.

Luckily, he was saved by a rumble from his stomach. Sheepishly, he grinned at his body saving him from the almost awkward silence. Hungry?
[html]

Her tail waved gently as she couldn't help admiring his words, they were poetic and she felt like she understood the mystical sentiment he was expressing, although she'd never felt anything suchlike, herself. The only place she'd found herself fitting, had turned her away. Now she had drifted into this land where everybody and every place was equally strange to her and she to them, she seemed doomed to be the outsider for the foreseeable future. The thought did not disturb Caspa; she hardly cared whether she met with disapproval or friendship from others, she found the two coin-sides equally fascinating. Viggo seemed not to be put off so far, which was interestingly, a relief. He was hungry, and she realised with a start she was too. She had been eating for at least three lately, with all the strength she needed to regain. "Outstandingly." She glanced back into the hotel, then out of the gate. There was a deer drying in pieces inside, and there was a packland promising carrion to those who searched hard enough. She supposed Viggo would prefer to hunt, though. "What's your opinion of dried meat, Viggo?"

[/html]