Wishing to Rebuild
Shiloh assessed the damage done to the stables during the snow storm and found that despited the roof collapsing she would be able to fix it with some help. She already had some wood collected from some of the abandoned buildings from the outskirts of the pack territory. All she really needed as a horse and two or three people to help with building it back up. Most of the wood that had been used for the roof had to be replaced as soon as possible and she wanted to build a loft for people to sleep at night because the town hall was too crowded for everyone. *I really want to help around here but the weather is still against me. I can't make fences because the ground is too hard packed but I can fix this place up and make a loft for some families to live for a while.* she thought as she started to clean up the rotten wood that littered the ground. Had no one tried to fix the stables before she came? She spent the next two hours cleaning up the rotten wood. The first thing her father had taught her was to clean up the spot you were going to start building because it made it easier to bring things in and keep things organized. Shiloh hoped she would get help soon because she wouldn't be able to do this alone.

Shiloh had prayed this morning that things would go smooth and she was able to build without frustration and annoyance. She had also prayed that the weather warmed up soon so she could start on the huts. She had already started making new shelves and a table for the town hall along with a totem for the pup she had met a few days ago. She had wanted to be with the pup more but couldn't find her last time she went to the town hall. She wanted to get to know her because they were so much alike. Shiloh thought about how the pup had licked her cheek, licked a burn scar and claimed her as her own. The look on her face when she had tickled her. She was already attached to the pup and hoped to make her and her mother a stable, warm and comfortable home.
OOC: been meaning to reply to this for ages, sorry.
300+

He and Faith often wandered far and wide together in search of new pastures or any relics of human's past, the chocolate and earth man found the human's past very interesting and wished he could have been around when they died and the Luperci created so he could study their ways and learn more about them. Sometimes he found their books that had been left around and then he indulged himself learning of their culture. León had deduced that the Luperci were not that much different from early man in a way, early humans had hunted and lived with nature before they had become very advanced. Like all species they had to change when the world did or face extinction and it was from this that the humans had truly shone. Back in Santander, some of their huge buildings still remained standing, tall and proud.

Faith harrumphed and brought him back to the present, the mare stopped at a small stream to have a drink, carrying him around was no small feat and he chuckled as he patted her broad black neck. The female was not built for the forest, not really, but she went about it as best she could. If the pair were lucky then sometimes within the depths of forest and the like there were patches of plains and grassland where the improved Clydesdale could let loose and run. Water splashed up her sides and wetted his legs and feet as she now moved through the shallow stream to reach the grass at its other side. With a sharp dig of his heels and a clicking of his tongue the mare set off once again, this time at a fast trot through the forest and lands of AniWaya tossing her head high and gaily.

The trip back to the stables did not take long and León was surprised to see a female who was not one of the Elan messing about with the foundations and woodwork of the stables. Faith let out a loud whinny giving away their presence as they closed in, he could see she had been working on it for quite a few hours. León swung his legs from Faith's back and grabbed hold of her reigns so she did not wander off, not that she would in the first place but he was always cautious.

"Hola, hola, Senorita. Can I be of any assistance?"
OCC: OMG A ANSWER BACK!!!! It would help if we cleaned it before everyone from PV and AW started working together it would make everything a little easier. Shiloh has never met you.
WC: 300+

Shiloh jumped at the sound of León's voice. She had ignored the horses whinny when they came up because she had been listening to the horses for hours. She found the animals calming and longed for a horse of her own so she could ride and collect things needed for rebuilding. She had been removing wood when León came up behind her and said hello. When she jumped she had accidently dropped the arm full of wood she had been holding. She yelped before turning to see who was talking to her.

He was a deep chocolate color with piercing white eyes. He was taller then her and held the reigns of a black mare. He had asked her if she wanted help and she looked down as she answered, shy to meet someone new. "I'm sorry. I wasn't expecting anyone for a while. Um what is the word... Hola, como estas?" she attempted in a soft voice. She knew enough spanish to ask how someone was doing and that was about it. "I'm not very good with spanish but I try. My name is Shiloh Grant. I don't think we have ever met..." she said extending a hand to the man. "If you will help me move this rotten wood I would be most thank full. This isn't a one person job and any help I can get before Phoenix Valley comes over and helps. I just think things will go by faster if people don't have to pick though what is rotten and whats not."
She said with a smile.

She wasn't used to talking to many people and this new male seemed nice enough to help her. She hoped he wasn't mean to her or anything. She was still having trouble getting used to being in AniWaya and she wasn't sure who to stay away from or talk to. People here were like ghosts to her as Ralla had told her a week ago. She was so new to this tribe and she wanted to make new friends. She was sure he would be like many others and look at her weird because of her burn scars.
OOC: yheeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiii threadness

300+

The Spaniard felt immediately guilty as his presence startled the lovely woman before him causing her to drop the wood she had hold of and yelp before turning to face him. His ears reflected his guilt by drooping slightly as he looked down at this new female from his great height, his white eyes look in her appearance of soft grey with white underneath, he did not stare at the burns that covered her body like so many rude people would have done, such things were superficial to him. He smiled pleasantly at her, anxious to apologize for scaring her.

"Sentimos, I did not mean to scare you."

Faith took a step forwards and leaned her head out to the woman as though hoping for a nose rub, and she clicked his tongue several times. León smiled as the woman looked away from him shyly, he knew that not everyone could display the amount of self confidence that he did. His smile broadened as she attempted to speak his home tongue, and she did it rather well, not many people he met spoke even a small amount of spanish.

"Soy buena Senorita. It was a good attempt. Nice to meet you Shiloh, I am León Austral. I have not been in AniWaya too long so i do not know many people." He grasped her small petite paw in his huge hand and shook it as gently as he could, not wanting to accidentally hurt her. She wanted him to help her move all of the rotten wood to make way for another pack to come help them repair it. He nodded his head amicably, he wasn't bothered what jobs he was given. Moving past the woman he leaned down and gripped the piece of wood she had dropped when he startled her and picked it up with relative ease.
Occ: i hope i am not power playing

Shiloh stepped towards the horse and leaned into her. She scratched the horses muzzle and watched at Leon picked up the wood she was having trouble picking up earlier. She was captivated by how easy he could pick up the wood she had dropped. She wasn't used to seeing males in Aniwaya and she too was kinda new to AniWaya.

"Do... You want to be friends?" she said as she continued to scratch the mares muzzle. The horse was keeping her calm and she found Leon interesting. "Isn't that heavy for you. I was having trouble picking all that up on my own." she whispered softly. She remembered their brief hand shake and how gentle he had been. She wished she could find someone like him to be mated to. Strong willed and gentle. She watched him as he continued to pick up wood, rubbing the mare he had rode in on. She stopped rubbing the mare and helped him pick up the rest of the rotten wood.

"Help me take it outside. I have a place we can put it so it can decompose and not be in anyones way." she said walking out of the stables. She smiled at him, her silver eyes glowing softly in the sunlight. She really wanted to be friends with Leon and hoped she was making a good impression.
Sorry for crappy post, my head is killing me

Faith was happy by all the attention she was getting from this new patchy female and harrumphed her approval of the nose scratching, a few apples wouldn't have gone amiss either but she knew that it wasn't time for the fruits to fall yet so she would have to make do with just the nose rub. Interested eyes and ears though remained upon her owner and his actions, long mane flowing in the wind. Earthen ears turned to the female at her question and body followed, blinding white eyes soft.

"But of course, it's always nice to be in the company of a lady." He considered her question, "Nien Senorita, I am used to working hard and for long hours, these pieces of wood are very easy for me to move around." He smiled as she helped him pick up the remaining wood, keeping an eye on her in case she looked like she might fall or drop it on herself. He nodded amicable, willing to take orders from her while she seemed to know what she wanted.

"Si, Si" He said softly, following her instructions.
OCC: Itz ok. I understand. Its late for you anyways. I have major writers block.

"Here is the spot." she said as she threw the wood in a small ditch she had dug earlier that day. She turned and smiled him, her silver eyes glowing with longing. He was so nice to her and felt that he would help her with anything.
"Thank.... Thank you Leon. I'm.... I'm happy you helped... helped me move the.... the wood." she stammered, looking down again as she nervously kick a small piece of wood. She wasn't used to talking to males and she loved Leon's accent.

She shifted uncomfortably before asking her question. "Leon.... do... do you have a.... mate?" she asked softly, looking up for a moment before looking back down. *why did I ask him that? Im no ones type* she thought as she waited for his answer. She looked at her practically furless hands to her almost equally hairless arms. She had sustained third degree burns and the fur she had lost because of the burns had never grown back. She felt she was horrid and malformed because of the scars.
300+

He stepped around the burned woman and threw the wood he was carrying into the ditch she had dug out to decompose, he dusted off his hands and brushed down the front of his body hoping that no splinters had made thier way into his fur, it would be highly inconvenient. She turned around and smiled at him and he couldn't help but smile back, she was pretty in a non obvious way like the first streaks of sunlight in the morning sky than the full glory of it setting, beautiful in its own right and different from all else,

"No problemo, it is a shame that such a lovely lady should have to do all the hard work herself, eet is not practiced where i come from, woman are to be respected and loved not sent to do a man's days work." His frown was quite stern, he loved women not just from a mating point of view, he loved their softness and fragility and also their emotional strength which was so much more than the physical of men, being around them and protecting them was his duty as a male, any who shirked it could not call themselves men but boys to be scorned and laughed at.

But often there was no way to protect them from themselves and their hearts, nervous actions betrayed her thoughts and fleeting glances sealed what was to happen. Earthen ears pulled against his head as the damning words left her mouth, instead distress filled his eyes and his hands twisted in their grip together, his words painted with mourning and sadness,

"Nien Senorita. I have no mate, she died some months ago giving birth to my children." Now he looked away from her, white eyes focusing instead on the horizon in the distance as his throat tightened
WC:239

"I'm so sorry... I didn't know. You have children? I have always wanted pups of my own..." she said softly. She felt the need to hug him for the pain she caused him and came up behind him and hugged him softly. She laid her ears back and pressed her body against the back of his. She wasn't used to hugging anyone and had only really hugged Ayasha. She had felt the need to hug him and as she attempted to console him for her blunder she had fallen into her felt her heart going out to him.

He was a father raising his children without a mother figure, a female in their life. She knew first hand the pains of loosing a loved one and started to cry against him. "I too have loss people I love. My whole family is dead. I have no one but Ayasha and Ralla to love. I shouldn't have asked about your love life. It was not my place." she mumbled against him. She didnt want to let him go with such a deep ache. "You shouldn't have to deal with this alone. You know how long I have wished I had someone to talk to about my loss. I know how you feel Leon. I know the ache and the hole that is left after loosing a loved one. I... I can help you." she whispered though a tear choked throat.
Now the apologies came, he did not blame her for her curiosity as wetness collected at the corner of his eyes, he sniffed and rubbed at his face with a light colored paw, unhappy sigh leaving his throat.

"I have a daughter, she is the only one that survived. The other died along with his Madre." Her arms around his waist surprised him, he did not expect her to attempt to comfort him physically. He tensed up slightly, Kailypso and Analise were the only ones that had hugged him in a long time, it felt strange to be touched by this femme he barely knew. But as he listened to her as she poured her heart out to him muscles relaxed, he looked down and saw the pink, almost furless burned skin of her arms. A hand came to rest on one of the petite paws as he felt the front of her pressed against his back, their bodies incredibly out of sync with his height pushing his shoulders upwards. He heard the tenor in her voice; she was crying like he was, she had lost family like he had his mate and child but unlike her he still had his Madre and Padre and brothers and sisters, she was alone.

Spanish was whispered quietly as the man turned slowly and swept the small woman up into his embrace, lifting her several feet off of the ground as he held her close, strangers they were before this meeting now they were joined by matters of the heart.

Gracias Senorita..."
WC:329

Shiloh wasn't prepared to be picked up into his embrace but instantly wrapped her legs around his slender waste and hugged him back as her own tears fell against his fur. She hurt so much and here she was in a strangers crying her heart and soul against him. He understood her loss and understood a part of her she longed for someone to see and honestly care enough to embrace. She buried her face in his mane and inhaled his scent, letting it wash over her. She wanted to feel loved and in Leon's arms she did. He didn't judge her, saw past her scars and embraced her for who she was not by how scared she was.

Her heart pounded as she pulled away enough to lick away one of his own tears she felt falling upon her shoulder. "Let me heal this ache you feel inside Leon. I can take it away. I can love you. Let me love you...." she whispered against him, her voice cracking with her need to show someone other then Ayasha that she could love. She felt he was the one, the one she could trust and pour her heart and soul into. The one who could catch her if she fell. She held on tight and didn't want to let go. She could feel her heart beat speed up and her throat close as she let out a soft whimper against him. She didn't doubt her words but she was worried Leon wouldn't want her so soon after losing his mate. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have said that. I don't expect you to be over your mate so soon to move on. Please... put me down." she choked against him. She cried harder feeling there was no hope for her. Why was she opening her heart to this stranger, this man she just met. She was laying herself open to him and she prayed that he didn't crush her heart.
300+

If he had thought to stop and think about all of this then it would have turned into a supremely awkward situation for him to be in, he was not in the habit of making women cry then picking them up and hugging them while they cried. This was entirely new ground for the Austral man and one which he did not know the lay of the land so that anything might make him stumble or trip up and fall on his face. Her legs hooked around his waist and head buried into his fur, it was all too surreal for him and yet at the same time really too real for him to handle. Hands shook and legs trembled, and with his eyes closed as they were he did not see her expression as a rough tongue licked his cheek.

Her words however had his breath rushing from his lungs, as his tail bristled out behind him. He couldn't love another, nien he could not. His heart belonged fully to the one that had died and gone to the heavens, to love another would put her memory in shame. No, he could not, he would not love another not as he felt now, and he believed that he would always feel this way. His head shook from side to side as he heard her whimper, this had all gone so very wrong in such a short space of time from such a simple question, it honestly baffled him how they had come to this point. In response to her request to be put down he hugged her tighter reflexively not wanting to let her go now she was in his arms before placing her gently on the ground with a sharp cry of anguish.

He fell to his knees in front of her and pulled at his ears in frustration and emotional pain, "I'm sentimos, senorita, I cannot..." Tears fell from his pale eyes onto the floor as he rocked back and forth, "Kaily.. my Kaily.. why did you leave me here." Pure torment filled the man's voice as he broke down slowly in front of an almost stranger.
WC:300+ yes!!! i did it!!!!
"Leon.. Please stop. I never wanted this. I don't like seeing your pain." she whispered kneeling down in front of him. Her heart broke at the sight of such a strong man crying in front of her. She had never meant to hurt him or rip off a band aid he was trying to hard to keep on his heart. She knew he would say no. She knew he wouldn't have gotten over his mate so quickly but it wouldn't stop her from wanting to be with him. As he rocked back and forth she heard the anguish and pain in his voice as he asked his mate why she left him behind.

"She didn't leave you intentionally Leon. I never got to meet her but as a woman I don't think she would want you to hold back how you feel. Your mind says no but what does your heart say? Your daughter needs a father. She would be like me with out guidance and love. I don't think you would want that for her. You love her." she said pulling him against her again as he cried out his pain. "I asked you to love me and you turned me down but I want to love you. Your mate means a lot to you and I'll back off for now. But know Leon. I will be here for you when you need to let go and feel something other then the pain that you try so hard to hide from others.I see you Leon and I don't want to let you go so easily." she said licking his cheek again softly before standing and extending a hand to Leon. "I'm going to finish up with moving the rotten wood. Please.... help me move it." she said with a smile and courage she didn't know she had.
Her voice was so distant and foreign to him that she might as well not spoken to him at all, tears poured from bleached eyes as all the hurt and sadness ran rampant throughout his body even as he lapsed into silence, he barely registered her kneeling down in front of him. The sound of his own breathing seemed desperately loud to earthen ears as they twitched and rotated in futile movements. It took the entire length of her daring speech but eventually the tears stopped and the sobbing died down and all that was left was hollowed tiredness and a sense of empty self inflicted pain. THe man took several deep breaths silently thanking the gods that he had managed to hide every one of his breakdowns from the daughter he looked after, he didn't know how she would react if she saw the hard unmovable rock she depended on was filled with so many cracks, large and small and was built on such unstable ground.

Unhurried hands moved to push away locks of black hair from his face and pull them back into their tie, a lick on the cheek causing an almost shadow of a smile to appear. He rubbed at his face while the white grey wolfess got to her feet, wetness soaking his cheeks and muzzle. Now his mind was not as jumbled he started to feel embarrassed about his outburst, he cleared his throat lightly and took her hand gently, using mostly the strength of his legs to haul himself to his feet so as not to pull her over with his greater bulk. Once more he towered over her but his slouched demeanor made him appear smaller than he really was,

"Si, cannot have women doing all of the men's jobs." He supposed if she really wanted to take offense at that then she could do, he didn't mean in the way that she was weak but that he respected them enough that he would rather do the work himself than subject them to hard labor, if she wanted to work with him then she was welcomed to.
"Are you ok?" she asked a few minutes after he had gotten up. She had looked back at him as she walked back to her pile of rotten wood, picking up as much as she could and carrying it back to the ditch. She hoped she hadn't hurt Leon's feelings by asking all those questions. She didn't want to lose him because she was foolish enough to ask if he had a mate. "I'm sorry Leon. I never meant to make you cry. Its just I'm so lonely. No one will want someone like me as a mate. Look at me," she said throwing the wood down. She looked at her hands, the pink skin and patches of fur that made her look like a monster. She looked like a monster, with patches of pink skin showing though her once beautiful pelt. She missed her fur, the beautiful grey and white pelt that often kept her warm.
"I am a monster. A monster no one can love."
she whispered closing her eyes as tears threatened to cascade down her muzzle.

She longed for someone to love her, to fill the void her family had left in their passing. She needed love and it was Ayasha's small display of love that kept her from falling off the edge. She went back to picking up wood and throwing it in the pile, her emotions driving her almost to complete madness. She shook as she cared the wood and after a few times going back and forth with the rotten wood she gave into her emotions and broke down, turning and throwing the piece of wood in her hand out into the field with a scream. She hugged herself and sat where she stood and mumbled her feelings to the world. "No one wants me. No one can love me. I am a monster.... I just want to be loved.... just want to be loved...." she would mumble over and over. At lease Leon had felt love for another and received some in return. She had only her family to love her and now they were gone from this world.
1 or 2 more posts then we can archive this?
2+

He nodded, not trusting his voice to answer for him at the moment and stooped down to pick up another armful of rotten wood to dump on the composting pile, his ears swiveling constantly to stay on her form, listening to her apologise and wishing that she would stop because it would do neither of them any good to keep going in circles like this. The sound of her throwing her wood down onto the floor startled him and he twitched before turning to face her but remained in silence as she poured out her demons about her appearance and feelings, he stayed still as she resumed her work with a fervor that was not healthy until finally she broke down, screaming and launching her wood off into the distance before sitting where she had stood.

Now he felt it was appropriate to act, he rearranged his face into one of stern disapproval and made his way over to kneel down in front of the woman, his white eyes burned with their ferocity and his voice was low with disapproval,

"Nien! Monster you are not. I have seen monsters, I have seen those who steal female pups in the middle of the night to sell as sex slaves, men who keep entire harems of women against their will.." His face appeared as though it was set in stone, "Many of these men I have hunted down on the outskirts of Rome and Madrid and.. disposed of their useless bodies. Between us, I am the only one close to a monster here." Now he had said his piece he resumed his great height and returned to the job of hauling the wood between the stable and decomposition pile, taut muscles bulging from his back and arms and legs as he used his strength.