Visiting a friend
[html]
Thread Information
Date: 22 April

Setting: Cour des Miracles, Chien Hotel grounds.

Time: Mid-morning (~10am)

Character Form: Optime
[/html]

[html]

Here it is! Backdated a teensy. Smile It's somewhat rambly, I don't know what's going on toward the end. Desi's being... Desi.

All in all, her meeting with the leader of Cour des Miracles the previous evening had gone well. He had granted Desi permission to roam freely about the territory in her quest to attain information, though she was not sure if that was because he knew her mother or if it was because he had known and worked closely beside her father. She had not pestered him for information that he did not freely offer at their first meeting, but she was hopeful that soon she would be able to arrange another meeting with more of an interview setting. In the meantime, she was making good on her time. She had retrieved her belongings after parting ways with Vigilante and found a place to sleep for the night within a little nearby town, in order to be up bright and early the following morning.

Upon rising and making her ablutions, then dressing herself in the same blue dancing dress she had worn to meet Vigi, the colliewolf walked vaguely south and west, never straying too far from the borders. She did not want someone out of the loop to attack her, because while she was fairly confident in her fleeing abilities, Desi did not want to have to do that and risk the King's ire. Not when she had fared so well so far.

Before much time had passed, Desi came across a solitary old building, very large and weathered-looking. A sign proclaimed it the Chien Hotel. Curiosity piqued, she turned from where she had been walking and slowly approached the dark edifice. She laid a hand on the door, then slowly and quietly as she could, she pulled it open. A strange sense of déjà vu swept over her; she could have sworn she had seen the entryway that lay before her at some other point, though not bathed in morning light from the opposite window as it was now. Dancer's feet carried her across the room, the material of her clothing swishing slightly in the quiet. Dust motes fluttered weakly, reflecting the sunbeams and dancing in the current of the winds from the door and from her movements.

The girl did not speak, merely began spinning, drawing her arms upward as she did. After two full circuits, she stopped and relaxed. The familiarity of this place was disconcerting, but she liked it. The building was charming. She stood again for several long moments, simply taking in the decor. She sensed no one immediately present, though the Hotel was obviously occupied and taken well care of. She could take her time.

<style>
.desi-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.desi-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.desi-z91 b {color:#c687c6; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.desi-z91 {background-color:#eee7db; background-image:url(http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... /table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.desi-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
300+
really really sorry about the delay :c

Strel rose from bed, not feeling Noss beside him, and simply stared out of the window in his small bedroom. His hand rested absently on the curtains he had made, feeling the fabric between his fingers as he watched the sun heat up the world slowly. It was not yet summer but he could feel the summer warmth coming along. It made him happy that the winter snows and chills would be a thing of the past and then the distant future. He did not want to feel the cold again, even though he was so young and it did not matter much to him. And he did now have a warm body to curl up to at night when the warmth was drained from the room. There was no heating in the hotel and a fire was only possible in the chimney rooms, like the living room and a couple of others, but they were few and far between. As Strel had come in the summer, he had chosen a cool room, with the sun rising in the window and cooler when the sun was on the leeward side.

He did not notice the girl entering the hotel, but he did notice the rumblings of his belly. Maybe there was something salted left in the kitchen Alaine still kept up. Or maybe she had made something and he could snatch a bite from her. Even as he descended the stairs he heard someone moving around below him and a big smile grew on his face as he heard the floors creaking. But it did not come from the kitchen. Curious. As Strel rounded a corner, he saw that it was not Alaine. It was no one he knew, but she still seemed familiar, like he knew someone she was related to or had seen her once upon a time. She was dancing but she was c+ertainly no member here. What was she doing here?

"What are you doing in here?" he asked curiously, raising an eyebrow at the girl, woman, whatever, as he crossed his arms across his chest. "Who are you?"

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It's okay. :3 WC: 339

How did she miss the man with the brilliant red hair as he came down the stairs? Surely the stairs had creaked; was she really that unobservant to have not heard them? Whatever the reason, his voice caused her to turn quickly to face him. She looked him over, wondering how long he had been a part of Cour des Miracles, while planning what to say to him. He was a few inches taller than she, mostly a tan color but for the shock of red hair. And for all she was certain she had not seen him prior to now, something about the man seemed very familiar.

Without approaching, Desi spoke to him, having made up her mind what to say. Hello, my name is Désirée. I came here looking for information about my father, who was King here before Vigilante. She did not mention his name; if this male had been in Cour des Miracles long enough to know Jacquez, he would understand who it was that Desi meant, she was sure. Not for the first time, the girl considered how incredible her story would sound to those she told it to. At best, she would be taken as looking for charity; at the worst she could be called a liar, and every person would react to that opinion differently.

She continued on. I called for Vigilante at the borders to petition him for permission to ask members about my father, and permission was granted. I did not know my father; I have only his name and description from my mother. She was not even sure if he was still here or if he had gone away entirely, but I suppose I mostly have the answer to that question. Desi was not sure if she was glad Jacquez no longer resided in 'Souls or if she wished to confront him, ask why he had not been around while she was growing and needed a firm father figure in her life, why he had not cared enough to take responsibility.

[/html]
[html]
here you go, it's a bit short :C

Jacquez? This was a daugher of the one armed King of Cours? "Your father is Jacquez?" he asked in surprise. Honestly, the most surprising thing was that she knew he was her father. The fact he had children out of matehood was beyond unsurprising. Jacquez was not one to settle down and simply have a woman and kids. He was more of a flirtatious man with his seed spread wide. But Strel looked at this female with more interest than he had before. So who was this female? "I'm afraid he's not here anymore." Strel had been there when the power had shifted from Jacquez and to the current king, Vigilante. He had watched it all happen and he remembered it all. The reigns of the two had been different, and marked differently. And their ruling styles had been different, so different.

"What do you know so far about your father?" asked the redheaded man, wondering what the young adult knew about the man. Hopefully it was not up to him to dash her dreams about him. He knew Jacquez enough to know his was not a fatherly personality. "And who was your mother? Had she lived here? Or did she live elsewhere? What did she tell you about him? About Cours?" Strel crossed his arms, hoping she would get her answers and be on her way. It was odd enough having Noss be here as a guest of the pack. Was Cours to be known as the place to take in loners briefly?

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]