a story at three
[html]

Not far from Anathema's borders by The Dampwoods. 300+

Successfully skinning a cottontail for its pelt, the Subordinate of Dahlia had been tracking after a particular hare for the majority of the afternoon. Her hunting skills within dense foliage was a little rusty, but soon caught up to the cottontail in trickery and was able to snag the brown and black hare for an afternoon's meal and to obtain its shiny coat (which was what Alae wanted more so than means to eat it). Devouring half of the carcass of the hare (and also providing scraps of flesh to her owl companion, if he had a tasting to any meal besides rodents), the Sidhe was next to a stream that ran jagged throughout the Dampwoods. Shaving off every conceivable protein of loose flesh and fatty matter from the pelt, she was able to clean it off so it could be folded and put in her leather-bound sack to be transported back to Dahlia. It would make for a swell trading item, or something sewn into a garment. There was enough human clothes left for Luperci to wear, but every now and then Alae liked to skin animals for their pelts for the fact their fur was warm and authentic.

The Sidhe previously was at Quartz Shoreline, to where she was heading back from in the morning from scourging around the coast for mussels, seawater, and any oceanic plant life to wash upon the sands. Several pieces of dried seaweed were recovered, as well as the bulbs attached to them. Alae felt she gathered enough over time to bring enough of her harvesting materials back to Dahlia de Mai, where they would eventual be organized in her dwelling for medicinal use later on. For now, Alae decided to take a small lunch break with the cottontail she caught, and also prime the hare pelt that she skinned off the rabbit's figure with her dagger. It was near done with cleaning the backside of the pelt, and Alae couldn't help but to admire the intricate colors the fur held.

<style type="text/css">
.darklotus b {font-weight:bold; color:#5D2F3A; letter-spacing:-1px; }
.darklotus .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.darklotus p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 20px; margin:0px;}
.darklotus {margin:0px auto; width:356px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/104jc45.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid gray; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#565455; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Vannah; 541 words

Ouija was out and trying to restock his collection. Actually he hadn't had a collection since he was living in New Brunswick. After all he came over in the fall and so he had to wait until the season came around for him to find things with which to dye himself. And of course as soon as he was able to he had repainted himself. His form was splashed with odd patches of random color. There was no sort of rhyme or reason to it at all. He hadn't stuck to a single color or pattern. He just coated himself without concern. It was the exact same way that he had always done it. He had never tried to be impressive with his dye job. All he cared about was getting rid of the monotony of his white pelt. Nature was entirely full of colors and so why should he be limited to just a single one? He didn't see any reason for it and so he coated himself in splashes of color. There were places that were more vibrant than others, from the fresh application, and other spots that had started to fade from being colored a bit of time ago.

Just the coloring of his pelt showed that he had pretty much already used up what he had already gathered. But it had been so long since he could color freely that he was determined to get as much out of it as he could. And it was that reason that he found himself away from the caves and out into the trees. He was looking around for plants with would serve the purpose of coloring himself again. He wanted some he could use for now and perhaps he should go ahead and start getting some ready for the winter as well. Though the winter stock wasn't a priority just yet. He still had some time for that. Even so he just wanted to make sure he kept enough for when he did decide to use the plants. And since he was collecting for storage he had his jars with him, tucked away in his satchel so that he could store his finds away safely. Of course he could properly dry them out when he got back to the caves.

It was while he was out and looking around that he ended up coming across someone else. "Not too bad of a job." He commented as he had noticed the pelt in her hands. He couldn't help himself. It was another thing that he worked with. After all the satchel that was hanging across his back was something that he had made himself from deer skin. The athames contained inside were made of the bone from the antlers of the same deer. When he killed he ended up using about every part of the animal in one fashion or another. He didn't like letting anything at all go to waste. But that was the way that he was brought up. Everything had a use and nothing should be tossed out. "What are your plans for it?" He asked curiously. He had a few himself, mainly of the winter white variation. He had a few other animal pelts as well.

[/html]
[html]

Apologize for the shortness, finals are upon me! 300+

If the rabbit's pelt Alae obtained wasn't beautiful enough with its Earthy hues, the approach of another Luperci instantly caught her eye and left her stunned to admire the multi hues that were dyed across the pale Luperci's coat. Splotches of different colors from red, to blue, to yellow, were splattered across his pelt in different areas and different tints. He was absolutely towering compared to her, and throughout his pelt were also strange symbolistic markings denoted on his forehead, and from what could be seen upon his wrists. His voice was deep, having some sort of an elegant accent to it that was alluring and as mysterious as the whole of him as well.

Intrigued by this Luperci's presence and also inquiring what Alae was destined to do with her pelt after she finished cleaning it up, her sky blue gaze looked down at it before looking back up at the colorful male before her. "You know, I'm not sure yet. Perhaps sew it into another satchel, maybe make an article of clothing out of it. I captured the rabbit because I thought its pelt was beautiful." There were hundreds of possibilities to do with a creature's pelt, but even the pelt of the rabbit in her grasp was incomparable to the one the Luperci wore before her. "But, it's nothing in comparison to your own. I've never seen someone as colorful as you before. Does it have symbolism behind it?" Alae questioned, wondering if certain hues in certain places meant anything symbolic.

<style type="text/css">
.darklotus .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.darklotus {margin:0px auto; width:356px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/104jc45.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid gray; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#565455; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Vannah; It's fine hun, hope your finals go well; 339 words

He nodded his head slowly as she responded. "If you don't combine it with others then whatever you decide to make from it will prove to be quite small." After all rabbits weren't that large of creatures to begin with. Then the pelt coming pretty much from the torso alone made it even smaller. Still, something could be found to use it for. Ouija tended to use them for dolls mostly, or just lining the floor of the cave to lay upon. Of course others could have more imagination than him and come up with other things to use them for.

He chuckled and shook his head. "No, it's my personal preference really. Nature is so full of colors that I don't see why I should be limited to one." Now the runes served a purpose though. They were there for protection and wisdom. They had been placed according to the teachings within the cult. But the colors that he dyed himself were ever changing. "I just get bored so I add on colors at will." And that really was all that there was to it. At least for him that was all the logic that he needed for it.

"So I take it that you favor color as well then?" At least that is what he was guessing from the way that she was looking at him. Of course he could be wrong. After all many found what he did to be odd. It wouldn't really surprise him if she thought so as well. But to each their own. It wasn't like he was forcing anyone else to dye themselves. "Oh, and I have some more rabbits back at my den but I'm afraid I only have white ones and none as remarkable as your own. Still if you want them then I could get them for you." He added on as an afterthought, not sure if she would be interested. It would be some already treated that she only needed to figure out what to do with.

[/html]
[html]

399 WOTD: "Epigamic"

True, there was little use for the pelt in Alae's grasp. There was no article of clothing it could be made into that would be flashy or noticeable enough to show off, but Alae had some rampant ideas running in her mind. Whether or not it was of any real use, the Sidhe would be bound to make something out of it. That, and it could be used for a great trade item as well. "I'll be bound to figure out something." Alae responded to the colorful Luperci, shrugging her shoulders lightly to this.

Listening on what the rainbow of colors represented, his reasoning enough seemed fairly straightforward and understood. Nature was full of variety when it came to color and mostly one thing adapted to one or two shades, or were in the same color family as another. Perhaps if Luperci were a little more epigamic in their pelt colors, the world could certainly be a much more vibrant place. His pelt was ever moving with such, applying colors as he went along. "What kind of dye do you use? Is it extracted from plants, berries, or?" While Alae had heard of fur dying before, she never really discovered the technique behind it.

As far as favorite colors went, Alae shrugged once again. "I'm only of Earthy hues, but the only other colors on me are subtle pink and yellow." Alae responded, and then pivoted her shoulder to where he could see her lotus tattoo engraved upon her shoulder. "It was tebori, done by my birth pack. The colors have since faded some, though I would definitely like a touch up one day." One hand softly rubbed across the permanently scarred flesh. Remembering the peculiar pain that came with tebori, the reverie gave her chills, but her lotus was a symbol of her respect and bravery, and didn't regret her decision to have it done.

Offering the prospect of more rabbit pelts, Alae was mildly surprised at the colorful Luperci's gratitude and hospitality. "Oh, thank you ever so much. Maybe I can stop by to see what you have. By the way, my name is Alae, from Dahlia de Mai." Alae said, squeezing in her introduction while she could. Alae found it rather thoughtful of him to offer some Luperci pelts, and perhaps it could prove to be a good trading gesture for the both of their packs.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Vannah; 519 words

He chuckled at her determination. It reminded him of himself. He would find something to use whatever he caught for. He saved whatever he got and eventually found a purpose for it. He was glad that she wasn't looking to waste. That didn't seem to be something that too many in this area seemed to do. Others didn't seem to mind wasting. So it really was a refreshing change from what he was becoming used to in these parts.

He nodded his head. "Yes, it's all natural. Whatever berries and plants I can find to extract color from. Not to mention I just roll about in the grass and dirt. Plus I have a habit of wiping whatever blood I get on my hands on myself." After all skinning could be quite messy at times. So really he could use whatever he could find in order to color himself with. He didn't care what the color was or what was being used. He only wished to break up the monotony of his pelt and that was it.

He looked over the tattoo that she showed off before he pointed to his own small markings of runes. "I've done these myself. Not as large and elaborate as yours but it still took some time. I've done larger pieces for others though." He was practical with what he made permanent on his own body. He had only placed runes for protection and the enhancement of his skills and knowledge. They were things that he had done back in the cult and then there had been the recent addition upon his chest of the symbol of his current pack, granted he had gotten it before he had moved there though.

He didn't mind giving away what extras that he had. If others could use them sooner than he could then he saw no reason not to pass them along. He had done this for a couple of others as well. He certainly didn't mind if they could end up being used. "I stay nearby in Anathema. Everything I have is back in my cave. If you have the time we could head there now." Though that was only if she wanted to. He wasn't about to force it or anything. It was just that she was in the area was why he offered. And well, he would have to return to his cave to gather the items since eh wasn't carrying them on them. "I could also do a touch up for you." He figured he would tack that on as well since she had mentioned wanting one and well, he knew how. He would just have to try and match her colors. That would prove to be the hard part. He wasn't certain if he had anything to exactly match her colors. After all eh had what grew in this area and well, who knew if it was the same as what had been used to first do the coloring that was done. Unless she had the colors already. If she did then that would make things much easier for him.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the delay! 300+

While much of human ruins were still available to Luperci at their disposal, this was not a time and age where Luperci were able to flourish with electronics, industry, corporations, and a larger society. There were many things of nature that still catered to their use, and if anything, was a better way of life than the corruption of technology and industry killing the land for what it was like the humans did. Perhaps that was one of the reasons why the humans didn't exist for very long, for they lost touch with their natural instincts so quickly.

It was true that simple berries and other dyes naturally found (even blood, which was intriguing to Alae to hear) was used to mottle the colors in his white fur. She could see there were various stains in his fur from previous splotches of color that were once there, and it seemed like he did a constant upkeep of attempting to remain as colorful as possible. "It seems to work for you, at least. My fur is a little creamy in the front, but I doubt any color will look as vibrant as yours." Alae noted, as her front side was largely creamy and off-white, but figured colors on her already agouti pelt might look strange and too conflicting.

Observing the little symbols that were scattered about his pelt, Alae was surprised to know he knew about tebori methods and even had done them upon himself. While his own were small, they were at least detailed and looked finely carved. "You did good work on yours. Straight lines, and everything." Alae complimented, leering in her head and craning her neck some to take a closer look. Speaking of a place near Anathema, Alae didn't know where or what Anathema was composed of, but was intrigued to follow him along. Nodding in acknowledgement, she was even more thrilled to know of him willing to do a touch up. "Really? I would definitely appreciate that. I'd have to trade you for something, anything, for your service." Alae couldn't be so selfish. Plus, it would at least be a kind gesture for two packs to trade something of use to each other. Alae would follow him from this point on back to his dwelling in Anathema.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Vannah; 526 words

Ouija didn't know anything about humans. That had never been part of his various teachings. he had never heard of them before actually. All he knew were the luperci gods. It was from them that luperci came about. A gift from the gods so that canines might be allowed to stand and change forms just as the gods did. And having this gift meant one was obligated to pass it on to those whom don't yet have it or risk losing it one's self. A sort of use it or lose it type of thing. And such was where Ouija's lupus addiction had derived from. He enjoyed the gift bestowed upon him at birth and didn't want to risk giving it all up.

Oh yes, he was always adding color to himself whenever he had the components to do so with. Of course it was never the same color in the same spot all of the time. He didn't have a certain pattern or color scheme to adhere to. it was just whatever he could get his hands on and wherever he could reach at the time. "Why thank you. I am quite fond of it myself. Though I suppose you are correct. Not everyone can pull this off. Not that you really need to worry about it since you are naturally painted in multiple shades." And if he were the same way then he wouldn't have to worry about dying himself all of the time.

He chuckled and nodded his head. "Of course, they wouldn't work any other way. They have to be exact in order to do their jobs or else the results could prove to be disastrous." His were placed for certain purposes rather than just for looks. Even their placement was important. Put where they would be best able to serve their purposes.

"I don't expect a payment. I wouldn't have offered if I expected to get something in return." He did what he did because he had the ability and whoever needed his help did not. His services were always offered freely. "While you are there you can decide if any of the skins I have can help you to make what it is that you desire." He gave the words as he led the way to Anathema and its cave system. The way was led through the system and directly to his shared den as well.

"Just this way." He said, motioning for her to enter the cave as well. He headed over to his half of the den, that was lit by a fire in the middle, where his supplies were at and placed down his satchel. e picked up a pile of rabbit pelt and placed it down for Alae to look at. "These are the ones that I have." He said before digging through his items so he could pull out what he needed in order to touch up the color on her tattoo for her. He placed down the needles and looked to see what colors he had on hand. "Did you bring color with you?" He questioned, not certain if he would have exact matches.

[/html]
[html]

As much as Alae would have enjoyed to paint the creamy parts of her fur with different colors (sans the colors found in tattoos), unfortunately all of her colors plus the ones added probably wouldn't look as appealing nor matching with the hues and patterns that were already embedded in her pelt from her genes. The closest she would ever to get to coloring would be of tebori tattoos or any tattoos for that matter. At least it worked to his advantage, as white was always a blank canvas for no matter what. Grinning as he mentioned the natural patterns in her pelt, her sky blue eyes glanced down to the fur she could see on her arms. "I suppose you're right, too. Wish it could be easier to change pelts like it is to change the clothes we wear sometimes." Alae spoke, which made her ponder about the human civilization even more. They were so flexible with their style, from all the clothes and embellishments they wore. It was known through historical contexts that humans didn't have fur (although the only 'fur' they had was on their heads), and even there they had great flexibility with dying their hair on their heads. It wasn't as easy for the Luperci to do the same nowadays.

Every individual she encountered with some sort of tattoo or colored scarring noted about the specific 'job' tattoos had. It led her curiosity to question the integrity of his own symbols permanently marked on his body. "Do you mind me asking what significance your tattoos have for you?" Alae asked, as she was always fascinated behind the stories and lore of tattoos others had on their bodies. Most were secretive about it, like the dark coyote Alae met not too long ago along the Quartz Shoreline. There was a deep spiral engraved in her shoulder, and spoke vaguely about its purpose to bleed the wolf from her. Alae wasn't sure what that exactly symbolized, but it was fascinating enough. As the pair progressed toward the underground system of Anathema, he offered any skins that might be of beneficial use to her. The Sidhe felt spoiled and grateful in that moment. "Oh, you don't have to, but thank you. I'll take a look of what you have, and let you know." Alae said in a kind response. This day turned in an interesting twist as she was led underground. Diligently following after, Alae was instantly intrigued when the two were engulfed by darkness.

Not used to the darkness, her eyesight had to adjust to the darkness but it was easy enough to be guided by dim candlelight to his dwelling. Immediately taking to the stash of needles he possessed, her stomach flipped in anxiousness of the sharp points and of the remembrance of pain experienced with her tattoo. While she didn't bring colors with her, he did have two that matched the faded hues she had on her lotus as is. "I didn't, but this light pink and the yellow is similar to what I have on my arm already. Those will work." Alae confirmed, and couldn't believe this was about to happen. She had to admit her nerves were a little uneasy about experiencing such pain upon previous wounds again, but a little touch up in the long run certainly wouldn't hurt (no pun intended).

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Vannah; 732 words

Again her words didn't hit home with him. "Clothes?" The large male wore nothing but his own pelt, aside from his gris gris of course. Humans were a foreign subject for him. He only knew of luperci and figured that they had always been around. That they were the products of the gods and not some byproduct of a virus that had been spread about by humans. Humans were a non-existent notion in his mind. He'd never heard of them and therefore they had never existed even if there was evidence of them left behind. But it wasn't like Ouija depended on what they had left behind either. What it was that he needed he mostly ended up making it for himself. There was very little that he had to end up finding and putting to use. What he tended to use from day to day were things that he crafted himself. So he really had little in the way of found objects.

He chuckled and shook his head. There was no secret for what his own markings stood for. "They are just simple runes." He started off with an explanation for what they were first. "These ones here are meant for protection." He pointed to the ones that rested upon his ears. Their placement was meant for it to cover him from the top of his head and on to the pads of his feet. "These are meant for knowledge and to enhance abilities." He continued and showed off his hands, again the placement was important since he used his hands the most. He had even taken part in rituals so he needed that knowledge to perform things correctly. "The last one is just for charm." A motion was made to the one placed between his eyes. Each was meant for enhancement of one sort or another. They were all tied to teachings that he had learned in the cult.

"I certainly don't mind. Most of them are collected from over winter so they are quite small but I needed something to keep busy with." He couldn't gather any plant life so he had focused his attention on the hides instead. "I tend to keep extras because you never know when they might end up being put to use." But that was just him. He liked having extras of everything simply for just in case purposes. Besides he ended up making dolls out of the pelts at times. Others were simply layered upon the floor of the cave just for the purpose of comfort. And well, he ended up skinning any meal that he got so he had a new pelt to work on every time he ate because he didn't believe in letting anything go to waste.

A nod was given as she picked out colors from what he already had. He couldn't tell her that it wouldn't hurt since he hadn't done the original work so he was uncertain of just how it had been created. When he added color to his own creations there was no pain since he branded the area first and killed all the nerve endings. It was a one time pain when the third degree burns were placed but once they had healed then pain could no longer be felt in that area, not that anything else could be felt either. But that was just what had to be dealt with should one wish for some permanent symbol to forever reside on their body.

Ouija gathered up his needed supplies and took a seat next to the female. Multiple needles were fit together in a wooden handle specially crafted just for the purpose. The tips were then dipped into the color with one hand as his other hand reached out to try and grip the other canine's arm. He focused his attention on carefully touching up the color that was already there. He wanted to make sure it blended nicely without straying away from where the color was previously placed. He certainly didn't want to end up messing up her design. Not that he believed that he actually would. He didn't have so much experience with touch ups as he did with crafting his own from start to finish but he didn't doubt his abilities. All he was doing was starting from his second step with the guidelines already in place. At least that was the way it worked in his mind.

[/html]
[html]

Not exactly sounding sure of what Alae meant specifically by clothes, it was a surprise to her that with all the ruins the humans left behind, the colored male didn't know what the articles of clothes were. This lead her to assume perhaps he didn't know much about the human civilization that once walked the Earth and also were the reason for their shifting abilities. This was in no way unfortunate, for the human civilization was probably best kept in the past like it was. To elaborate on clothes to him would be tricky considering he didn't know what clothes were, but the Sidhe decided to take the best shot at explaining as she could. "Clothes. They are sort of… articles of complex woven threads, in many colors and styles, humans used to wear to cover themselves. Sort of like different furs you could take on and off, but not as downy and thick like the pelt of a rabbit. Apparently humans didn't have fur like ours, which is hard to believe…" Alae explained, even unsure of how to explain what a human looked like. They were very strange. Alae didn't don human clothes either, for she felt like they were too constricting of herself and her figure. While most of them assisted during the coldest points of winter, they were of no use for the warmer months in her own opinion.

Runes. The word made her ears perk, as Alae recalled hearing some sort of lore revolving around runes from back in Ireland. She could be mistaken, but there was plenty of viking lore that centered around the Runes from what she could remember of stories from her grandparents. Her sky blue eyes took a closer examination of his own runes marked into his flesh, noting how they were there for wit and honing in on skills. They seemed to be placed strategically in certain areas in order to gain the full benefit of what the Runes stood for. It made her wonder even more about the background of those little symbols, and if her assumptions were correct. "Runes are from viking lore, correct? I've heard several things about them back in Ireland. My grandparents used to know a fellow from the Norwegian North who had his own collection of runes carved deep into his skin."

He was correct on holding a vast amount of pelts, for there were many to choose from from every color, texture, and make. Alae would have to take her time with browsing through them after the touch up, for she was more focused on feeling the painful sting of the needle embedding color into her lotus once again. Her stomach was already full of butterflies, reminiscing upon the memory of the lotus applied upon her arm the first time, and how the pain was excruciating to her at her age. With maturity and experience, hopefully it wouldn't be as bad. Feeling her hairs begin to stand on end and her adrenaline begin to rush in her veins, she eyed the many needles with the coloring that would begin setting into her upper arm. The first contact made her wince some, perhaps even have her eyes water a bit, but surprisingly it wasn't as painful as she thought it would be. There indeed had been some nerve endings which were permanently damaged, and most of it didn't feel as painful as the first time. Still, the sharp points of the needles working into her flesh were still felt, regardless. "Mm. Feels strange. Not as bad as I expected, but I remembered how fearful I was of doing this. My grandmother did my lotus for me, and I was still scared and crying my first time." Alae admitted, finding no shame in proving that she shed tears her first time with tebori. She was young when she got hers done, and such a reaction might have been expected of her age.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Vannah; 508 words

His belief was that luperci was gift of the gods so that they might walk in multiple forms as the gods did. The teachings that he had grown up with had never mentioned humans. So every single reference she made was lost on him. Now if she were to talk rituals he would be more inclined to be able to participate in the conversation. Those were things that he had been taught and had participated in. But so long as the topic remained on humans then there was nothing hat he could add. Actually it would be more beneficial for him to just walk away then to try and keep up with the conversation. Instead he just listened to the words even if he didn't understand.

"Ah, I can't say. I learned them from the tribunal." He hadn't learned exact origins but he had learned the meanings and purposes of them. Runes were his source of protection, along with his gris gris, while others used other methods. He even used them for enhancement as well. One could always better themselves and he had sought to do just that with some carefully placed runes. "I use them for protection and enhancement. They appealed to me where other methods didn't." He just liked the perfection of the lines. But then again he was taught to so whatever task he had at hand to perfection. So it worked for him that the runes had to be perfect or they wouldn't do their job.

He focused his attention on the job at hand. It certainly was a slow process but it allowed for rich colors. And well the female had already done through it before so she knew just what to expect. She knew there would be pauses as he had to dip the needles into the ink over and over again so that more color could be picked up and inserted below the flesh. "I haven't had someone upset over coloring before. All the pain takes place in the branding process. After that has healed up the coloring process is simple." But then he made third degree burns that killed the nerve endings and raised the flesh in the shape of the tattoo that the other wished for. Coloring was added after the scarring had healed and so there was no pain during his coloration process since all the pain came beforehand. And just like all the other times before the coloring process was a long one but once he was done he sat back and placed his tool done. "There, how is that?" He asked, wanting to make sure that she was happy with it. If the color wasn't exactly how she wanted it then he could add more in while he still had everything out. After all he was only adding more color to what was there just to bring it back to life from where it had started t fade. If it wasn't at the quality that she wanted then he only had to continue to add more.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the delay, my muse has been dried up. O_x Would you like to complete this soon? 300

Learning his symbols in the rites of tribunal practices, Alae bobbed her muzzle in an acknowledging nod as he explained their purpose was more so for protection and enhancement of his being. That seemed to be a pretty universal idea on how most regarded their tattoos or markings upon them. The Sidhe didn't say anymore as she felt the fine tip of the needles puncture her flesh, feeling every single nerve set ablaze at the slow process of adding more vibrant color to her lotus. While the pain wasn't as nearly as bad as receiving the tattoo the first time when the flesh was fresh from any incisions, at least the coloring was a little more bearable. The process was slow, and understanding there had to be time taken to get the coloring to the exact vibrant shades, Alae sat in quiet patience as she let him complete his work upon her upper arm.

As slow as it was, time seemed to move along, and before the Sidhe realized he was completed with shading in more color. Narrowing her shoulder forward to catch a glimpse of what was done, it was enough color applied to where she was thoroughly satisfied. Too much color would make it seem painted on and too deep, the coloring that he applied would suit just fine in the tones they were in. "It's amazing work. That should be enough color to bring out the accents enough. Thank you for taking the time to do this." Alae said in gratefulness, a smile beaming wide upon her muzzle. What could she do to repay him? Well, he was kind enough to offer his services without anything in return, but it was in Alae's spirit to return an act of kindness in reciprocation anyway. "I know this is what you love to do for a passion, but I must repay you at some point. How about as soon as the vineyards in Dahlia are renovated, I'll bring you a bottle of our pack-made wine?" It was the least that she could do.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Vannah; It's fine hun. I'll let you decide if you want to post again or just archive it but this will be my last post; 341 words

While he might do extraneous illustrations upon another's flesh at their request he didn't do so to himself. The only things that he had and did for himself were practical. He made things that had a purpose and not just something that was pretty to look at. And of course he made certain to always have extras because one never knew when they might end up being needed. So yes, his decorations were all for practical use. But he wasn't the sort to hold it against others if their decorations weren't.

He was glad that the other was happy with the work. He smiled as he cleaned up. "I don't mind at all. I didn't have too much planned for today anyways." He had only thought to gather up some more supplies and that was about it. He had enough already that he could set that task aside for another time. It really wasn't that big of a deal to him. After all it felt good to get back to some of his old work. Get back to some things that he had done back in the cult. It had been awhile since he had done some tattoo work and it felt good to get back into that practice again.

"I really don't need anything but if that is your wish then I will accept it." He really wasn't much of a drinker but he had to say that wine was tempting. He liked that over other types of alcohol. But honestly he didn't expect anything in return. "I am simply glad for the chance to help. Not to mention to be able to do this again. It seems not many here have a request for such things. Back in the cult I seemed to be doing this all of the time." He had still done some work here. There had been one that he had done complete work on, from the brand to the coloring. "Also, do not forget your pelts. I can show you out if you need it."

[/html]