black tie event
[html]

For Mati!

It was almost finished. The bag she'd started for Cambria was almost complete, at least the shape. As she sewed the final rough stitches, her eyes passed over the buckskin. Something was missing. It was plain, so plain, and she started to wonder what could be done to make it better. Paint? Flowers? Anything, really, but something had to be there. Much to Ghita's dismay, she wasn't the artist that some managed to be. She couldn't paint intricate designs or do elaborate beadwork. She did simple crafts, and it frustrated her to see that this piece would have to go unadorned.

But that was what it seemed to be. She sighed and set it to the side, shaking her head and laying back in the growing grass near Rabbit Lake. Something else had to be thought of, something more important than a few gifts for her family. Denali's death had hit the Marino family hard in the gut. Savina still suffered sorrow from it, and Ghita was sure that others did as well. It couldn't continue like that. They couldn't continue to be a pack of morose creatures, lest they turn into morbid clan of coyotes to the west. Her fingers tapped at her jaw. What could she do for them? "A party?" she asked aloud, closing her eyes as she thought. A party. Yes, a party was a good idea, but who could she find to help her?

<style>
.greenearth-ext { width:450px;border:1px solid #FFFFFF;background-color:#FFFFFF;background-image:url(http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... _table.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.greenearth-int { padding:8px;padding-bottom:110px;font-family:tahoma;font-size:11px;line-height:16px;color:#000000;text-align:justify; }
.greenearth-int p { text-indent:25px;padding:5px 0px; }
.greenearth-int b { font-weight:normal;color:#EF8702; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

thank you for starting, and im sorry it took me so long to reply!

Mati walked the banks of the large lake. It was the furthest she would stray from the Manor. Her mind wandered to thoughts of the border as she looked in a western direction. Just the idea of leaving the pack lands made the woman uneasy, memories of strangers and dark shadows making her chest ache and her stomach twist. Purple eyes turn downcast, focusing on the sand and dirt that lined the water's edge. The wind and the soft calls of the woods beside her filled her ears. The voices of geese, the calling of song birds and the soft lapping of the lake's internal tide. They centered her, told her she was safe and within the sanctity of her forever home.

Taking a deep breath the female began to round a bend of the misshaped lake, ears open to world around her. She caught not only the voices of spring time birds but that of a wolf. She knew the Italian accented call, and looked out to see a figure in the grass. Had she heard right, a party? Mati paused, thinking if she had actually heard the words correctly or not. Her thoughts left the dismal realm of the happenings of the recent past, focusing on this new idea.

"A party?" she repeated, calling out to Ghita and wearing a small but growing smile. She walked closer to the Marino, her mind buzzing with ideas and the many reasons for such a celebration. The fact that summer was approaching was enough reason for Mati.

<style type="text/css">
.matijuly12 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f1f2f5; letter-spacing:1px; }
.matijuly12-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#51759e; text-align:center;}
.matijuly12 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.matijuly12 {margin:0 auto; width:409px; background-color:#c5ddf0; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... july12.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f1f2f5; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#51759e; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.matijuly12-border1 {width:411px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.matijuly12-line1 {width:385px; border-bottom:1px dotted #a6baca; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

It's okay! <3

Yes, a party would be something that could cheer up her family. The question was, though, what sort? Her fingers tapped at the ground while she wondered, and her eyes remained focused upon the shining surface of the lake. It wasn't until she heard a voice, familiar enough to bring a smile to her features, that she looked up. "Ah, Mati! Ciao, bella ragazza!" Her hand patted the ground beside her as she offered a place for her niece's woman to sit and relax. She brought her own body up to sit, wrapping her thick hair back in a ponytail to keep it out of her eyes. "Yes, a party! Everyone is so sad, and I want to see if we can't make them smile again. Life is so good! There is no time for this sadness!" She threw her arms out wide to embrace some sort of invisible body. The sun was growing warmer, and the world seemed so much more pleasant than it had over the winter.

Her blue eyes turned to the honey-brown girl nearby. "You want to help me? I think I could use you, you have talent! Sit, sit!" As if a new life had been rekindled in the aging woman, she patted the ground with more fervor and focused on the lake. Ideas buzzed in her head, filling her with thoughts and ideas that she wished to utilize for the betterment of the family. "We could have a big meal, a very large feast, I don't see why not! And the kids, maybe they could play games and get prizes. You could make little presents for them to win! Though, maybe we give them all a prize anyways, so no one is sad at the end." Her words came out faster than her mind could process them, voicing thoughts and opinions and ideas without giving the Church female a chance to respond. Her head finally turned, looking to the younger woman with wide, curious eyes as she waited for input.

<style>
.greenearth-ext { width:450px;border:1px solid #FFFFFF;background-color:#FFFFFF;background-image:url(http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... _table.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.greenearth-int { padding:8px;padding-bottom:110px;font-family:tahoma;font-size:11px;line-height:16px;color:#000000;text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Mati looked on as Ghita turned to see her standing there. She was thinking about the party possibilities instead of how she breached the older woman's private time to herself. But the Italian only welcomed her into the circle of brainstorming and spoke with her accented voice. The Church wolfess wish it wasn't true, but they were all so very sad and something needed to be done about it. A festival would be the best thing, she remembered the time they had light the tree beside the Manor alight with lanterns. And how there seemed to be a brighter spirit in the pack lands for months afterward.

"I think its a marvelous idea." Mati spoke, sitting when she beckoned her to. She placed her chin on her palm and watched Ghita as she spoke her ideas. Her own brain rolled around in her skull with the hopes of producing something fun and original. Blue eyes fell on her face and she sat straight and thought aloud. "Yes, they should all get prizes." Agreeing with the idea. "do you know of anyone that sings, or plays music? That would certainly be entertaining." She paused but then added, "A roast, we should build a large fire and roast a buck." She looked back to Ghita with the same gaze that she had given Mati. What did she think?

<style type="text/css">
.matijuly12 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f1f2f5; letter-spacing:1px; }
.matijuly12-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#51759e; text-align:center;}
.matijuly12 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.matijuly12 {margin:0 auto; width:409px; background-color:#c5ddf0; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... july12.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f1f2f5; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#51759e; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.matijuly12-border1 {width:411px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.matijuly12-line1 {width:385px; border-bottom:1px dotted #a6baca; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Just as she had expected, Mati was a great resource for the project she had wanted to complete. As soon as she tossed her own ideas into the air, the large woman returned on her opinions. Each one was magnificent. Ghita's smile grew, her fingers tapping at her light-colored lower jaw, as she contemplated all the Church woman had to say. It seemed she had realized the sorrow that the pack was feeling, and it caused Ghita's heart to flutter as she came to terms with just how large the sadness had spread to. Denali's death had cost them something she yearned to retrieve. A festival would be just the way to do it, she was certain.

"Musician, musician...I'm sure I could find one if we couldn't. There has to be musicians somewhere, you know?" She laughed, as if it were a funny joke. A musician would certainly have been entertaining for a feast meant to cheer the spirits of her family and pack. Music was not her forte. Hunting, however, was; as Mati spoke of a roast, she turned her attention more keenly on the girl she considered a distant niece. "A roast would be wonderful, I think. A big, pack meal. I can catch the deer and we can roast them in front of the Manor! Enough for all of us, and maybe some friends." After all, why limit it to only the pack itself? They had family on the outside, and there was no reason to restrict them from helping cheer the spirits of the sad Dreamers.

Her arms crossed behind her head as she lay back in the growing grass to study the sky. It was a perfect idea. "Maybe we could find someone to carve little medals for the children, and the older ones can receive something more to their tastes, no?" She turned her head toward Mati with a curious gaze. The girl was the artist, not the Marino. "I think even the adults should have something to do. What do you think they would enjoy? Apart from the feast and watching the children's games?" There were only so many interests that the pack members had, and she didn't want to squish the fun of one group to brighten the day of another. The whole pack needed to cheer up. "A race?"

<style>
</style>[/html]