Shifting
OOC: This is set midday on May 1st.

IC: Ayasha had talked to both J’adore and Ralla about shifting, and she was finally old enough to shift. She knew that she wouldn’t be very big in general. That was how she always was. It might have had something to do with being lost in the middle of winter. She remembered coming in scrawny and she was still small. She wasn’t underfed; she was just small. Somehow, Ayasha would know when she was ready. She had no idea how exactly she would know. She also followed their advice and stuck close to the center of the village.

Deep down, she knew that nothing would happen to her, but she still felt that it was better to play it safe. Yet she was a little freaked out when her body started to ache unexpectedly. It wasn’t really bad but it was noticeable. She then remembered that it would hurt when she first shifted. So this is what shifting feels like? Mommy! I think I’m shifting! Her voice as she called out to her mother was a mix of excitement mixed with fear.

Her fur was starting to lengthen, especially on her head. She then felt her body get bigger as she shifted into what would be her Secui form. The stretching of her muscles and bone structure was the most painful part of this experience. Then, as the aching died down, her body started to begin the shift into her Optime form. Her limbs and torso continued their lengthening, while her forepaws morphed into fingers and the fur on her head continued to lengthen. Her ears moved to the top of her head.

By this time, Ayasha was sprawled awkwardly spread on the ground. She sat up and looked at her fingers in awe as she wiggled them. She felt her hair, which fell to about her shoulders, and considered the process that just happened. She decided that it wasn’t too bad. The next step was getting up. She tried various ways until she found one the let her get up without much trouble. Walking was interesting yet very natural. She tried spinning. It worked! She spun around, giggling, until she got dizzy and fell on the ground. I can do it! She shouted ecstatically. She reached towards a nearby stick and grabbed it. She looked at the stick in her hand and giggled. Her Optime form was cool!
[html]

(Nootau: Visible)

Ayasha's voice called out clear through the village, and Ralla answered it, following the sound until she came upon the scene of her adopted daughter's changing. The snowy wolfess knew how much the equally snowy pup had anticipated and dreaded this day all at once, and she had promised to be there for her first changing for support. And so there she was, standing and watching, there for an anchor of stability and confidence. The young girl would fair well.

The transformation was certainly different, looking at it from a different perspective. It took noticeably longer, but Ralla knew that the time would shorten with experience, as well as the ability to bypass forms. For now, Ayasha was doing fine, and Ralla was proud that her daughter had shown bravery. It was almost comical how she was lying on the ground, unused to having upwards-supporting knees and a straight back. Standing, the young girl experimented with her new digits and form, seemingly unbelieving that she had come into this body. With amusement Ralla chuckled at how Ayasha marveled at her opposable thumbs, bending over to lift the girl up. Even with the pups so close, Ralla could lift Ayasha's small weight; doing all that wood chopping had not been for naught. "So how does it feel?" she asked with her perpetual smile. So recently there had been nothing to be sad about, except for maybe Kemo's distance. But when reminded he came out of his spacey states, and returned to them as a loving father. Ever vigilant, Nootau glided down to rest on a nearby totem pole--one of his favorite places--and watched the proceedings, golden head quirking at an almost 90 degree angle, staring with his inkwell eyes. "It wasn't so bad, was it?"

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]
Ayasha had been so busy with her shifting that she didn't notice that her mother had come. She barely registered Ralla's chuckle. It took her mother picking her up for her to snap out of her amazement. Though it was rather amusing how Ralla could pick her up even heavily pregnant and Ayasha being in her Optime form.

She answered her mother's question about how it feels. It feels new and amazing. I can actually use my paws by picking things up in them. Her mind was still swirling with questions. Why did it take so long to shift? Will it get easier and faster soon?

At the shifting not being very bad, she shrugged. It hurt but having both you and J'adore tell me it would helped. It made it less scary. She considered something. I haven't been in our treehouse yet. Can you show me around, mommy? It would interesting to climb a ladder. Even though her body knew what to do in this form, the sensations and everything else were new and exciting.
[html]

Balancing Ayasha in the crook of an arm and partially on the top curve of her stomach, Ralla used the other arm to thread through Ayasha's new fully grown mane, which would continue to grow as she matured. Already she was thinking of feathers and beads to decorate it with and how the little girl would do the same. "I told you it was a gift," Ralla said as she nuzzled her daughter affectionately. "I promise it will get shorter as you practice, Ayasha. But for now, let your bones rest. I cannot guarantee a 'fast' change, but it will become easier." This was true enough. Granted it would never reach lightning-fast pace, but it would take only about a minute or two once the white pup fully grew into her skin.

Ralla nodded as she began to carry the girl to the tree hut, which was not far away at all, but then thought better of it, since Ayasha had to get used to her bipedal form. Gently setting the girl back down, the two continued on to their home, which would now be Ayasha's to stay in for as long as she wished. When they came to the ladder--which Ralla had to leave down at all times, now, since she could not ascend the tree as she normally did--Ralla coaxed Ayasha to it. "Go on. You go first, and I'll follow you up." This would be a good way for Ayasha to get used to her hands and climbing skills. Who knew? Maybe once Ralla was done with the pregnancy, she would teach her daughter how to climb trees religiously, and how to jump from one to the other like a nimble monkey. Such skills came in handy, but certainly it would wait until Ralla thought her old enough...

There inside, the room was slightly more bare than before since some things had been moved. The table had been disassembled and the pieces put into the observatory, which was little more than a skeleton for the moment, with one of the two chairs taken with it. The wash-basin stood off to one side, a stool next to it, and a window just above where Ralla could dump the pail full of water--which could be hauled up by a pulley system she had rigged on the edge of the platform--into the hollow barrel. Shelves of thin wood held all of her favorite trinkets--broken toys, knick-knacks, and shiny oddities--near the back, where a heap of pillows and blankets served as her and Kemo's bed, the hammock strung not far from it between two poles anchored in the main structure. Four pedestals on the wall held unlit candles since the sun-roof was open, and there was another shelf holding bags of supplies and miscellaneous living necessities and such things, such as more blankets, rope, etc. All over the walls there were more oddities that Ralla had found on her travels--Long Gone art, strange feathers hanging in bunches, a tapestry--and above the hammock itself were bunches of shiny glass and things that glittered in the light; the mobile that had been Ralla's starlight inside of the hut when the roof blocked the rest. It would be Ayasha's now.

<style>
.rallasface .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rallasface p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rallasface b {color:#441e39; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fdSxN.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ce4b03; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

As her mother threaded her fingers though her new mane, Ayasha's eyes closed partly in pleasure. It was silly how it was such a simple action but it caused her to feel relaxed. That's relaxing. I like it. When Ralla reminded her it was a gift, she said, I remember. But did it really have to hurt? At the advice to let her body rest, she nodded. So don't change for awhile? Got it.

Her mother started to carry and then put her down, she wasn't at all upset. She understood that she was getting a bit too big to be carried and that her weight probably put stress on her mother's back. Her first few steps were a little uneasy but she was able to walk fairly normally to the base to the tree. At the ladder she paused, not quite sure how to climb it. But then she figured that it involved maneuvering her hands and feet to work together. She went up and found it easy to climb a ladder.

As her head poked through to the treehouse, Ayasha was amazed at all the stuff. How did you get everything up here? She saw a hammock and asked, Is that where I'm going to sleep? But her attention was pulled away from the hammock and to the mobile above it. Oh. Pretty! She looked at her mother. Mommy. I like it up here.
[html]

Another post from each of us before we're done, do you think?

Ralla shook her head in mock-exasperation. "There cannot be good without bad. It really wasn't so bad, now, was it?" Children would be children, and patience was a virtue besides the fact. Watching Ayasha walk for the first time on two legs was honestly a gift and made Ralla smile with the fact as they walked. At first she saw Ayasha struggle with how to climb the ladder, but the smart girl figured it out in two ticks, Ralla following her up, ever vigilant to make sure that the white child had a firm grip and footing.

"Lots of time," Ralla responded as she took a seat on the chair near the basin. "Some things I had to take apart and reassemble up here. Others I made up here. More still I used the pulley outside for the larger objects, or things I couldn't carry up the ladder." She remembered having to bring the tabletop up the tree; it was not a pleasant memory or experience... During her talk, Nootau had flown through the window and went to perch on the branch of a shelf Ralla had made (the shelf in question a jumble of sticks tied together with much string at the ends). She was certainly no Gatlvska... A bright light filled Ralla's heart again as she reminisced of her nights in that hammock, and how Ayasha seemed to love it at first sight. "Yes. Be careful not to try and grab them, though. Some of them are sharp. This one," she said, getting up and pointing to a green shard, "I found washed up on the southern beaches. And this one," a gold, transparent globe, "I found in the ruins of Halifax." Each bobble had its own memory and story, even if she could not name its identity. The light twinkled surreptitiously through the mobile. "I'm glad that you do. This is your home now, too."

<style>
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fdSxN.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ce4b03; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

OOC: That sounds good.

IC: She stuck her tongue out at her mother playfully. No. It wasn't too terrible. But I like the sound of it being easier with more practice. She grinned down at her mother as they went up the ladder, proud that she figured out so quickly how to climb it. It was fun to figure out what she could do now that she could shift.

She nodded. That sounds like it was hard. Did you do all by yourself? She had lots of admiration for her mother doing so much. At the warning, she Ralla a look that clearly said 'Do I honestly look that stupid?' As her mother told her about the mobile, she was enthralled with it.
[html]

Last post; I archive now Tongue

"Mmmm...mostly. But it was no trouble; it's not as if I did it all at once. Besides, I was living her by myself for...for a long time." The fact that the place would soon be full and busy with her family was wondrous. It warmed Ralla from the inside out and put a glow to her face, reflected, perhaps, by the hanging mobile. She caught Ayasha's look and smirked--actually smirked, complimentary genes from her father passed primarily down to her brother--before ruffling Ayasha's ears and mane a little. "None of that now," she chided playfully. "Mothers are supposed to be over-bearing." Not that she would honestly know... Ralla was only doing what she felt was right.

"Since you want to be a scout, you're gonna find a lot of wonderful things, Ayasha," she said as she placed her hands gently on her daughter's shoulders. "And whatever you find you can bring up here and decorate your space with it. Well organize this hut soon enough, and we'll all have plenty of room. And if you really want, I think we could trade with the Gatlvskas to make you your own shelf, or I can make you one like mine. It'll all be fun!" Honestly, Ralla was the one getting most excited. She felt her inner fire stoked with all the possibilities of the future, so much so that her mind had to remind her heart to take it slow and gradually. Things wouldn't be half as fun if she only rushed through them, now, would it? "Come; let's go see what else your new form can do." And so she and her daughter went about the hut, trying all the things that Ayasha couldn't do before, as Ralla looked on at her with pride. It was only the beginning.

<style>
</style>
[/html]