A thousand pictures fill my head
[html]
[Image: ooc-1.jpg]

Want to branch off of the joining thread?

Ember looked around as they went, taking in the new sights and sounds. She'd never seen such a healthy forest, one so full of life--it was a welcomed sight. Maybe her senses were just dulled though--she had been wandering around the dead lands for a while before she'd chosen to explore anywhere else. Perhaps her eyes had become accustomed to the sights of death and the smell of smoke.

Either way, this place was beautiful. She could see why wolves would want to settle down here--it seemed like the ideal place to live. Her ears perked at each new sound, her bright eyes catching every movement overhead. "I've never seen so much life" She commented. She wasn't sure where she would stay yet, if she'd make her own den or room up with someone else. She had lived in a group den in Storm, so she was used to that...but did they do things differently here? "I love it already"
[/html]
[html]

The tour was standard, and yet every time Fatin gave someone a tour, she found something special. Today, the fairy ring she had first found of mushrooms had replicated itself this time with brighter, stronger colors. "I believe there's a magic here, honestly. Maybe I'm crazy, but there are little signs of life like this that mean this area is special..." She explained, pointing the fairy ring out. "That's a reason why we based the ranks off fairy's and mythology. Each rank is a special kind of Fairy, like the Sidhe are royalty and the Aos sí, what my brother is, are the guardian fairies. If you train under him to be a hunter, you could someday be a Cu Sìth - those are the 'do' fairies, who took care of food for their clans." She explained things slowly, thinking deeply for a simple and yet clear explanation. She and Melisande had spent so long dreaming up the ranks, it made her grin every time she told someone else about them.

"My daughter and son are still missing, hey're around your age....maybe if they come home, you'll have some friends about as old as you are rather than having all us old folks around" She smiled lightly, wondering just how many people realized how old she was. In her own, selfish opinion, she didn't look close to her age at all.

[/html]
[html]

She definitely felt special; it wasn't every day that you got a tour from the leader of the pack--it was a great day, indeed. Ember nodded when the first explanation came. She wasn't sure if she believed in magic or not, but it was true that there was something very different about this territory, something that filled her with a sense of wonderful curiousity. This was a place that she could start all over again. She was partially grown, but she'd missed out on a lot of her puppyhood...she could redo some of that, too.

But that she could save for her alone-time. She'd have to act like an adult around Fatin, even if she really was nothing but an overgrown, clumsy ball of fuzz on the inside."I hope they come back, Ma'am. Maybe my own siblings will return, too. The only one I'd seen recently was Kansas, though. Sort of...creamy gold fur. I'm glad that Tristan is here, though--he was really welcoming. You, too. It might take me a while to get used to staying here, but once I get situated I'll be here to stay." She didn't know if it was proper to speak to an alpha like that or not, so informally. She'd never had to be formal back home...Phoenix had been the leader, and then after that Pilot had taken charge. Her father and adopted brother. So she was used to a more laid-back ranking system.
[/html]
[html]

Fatin had been leading for so long, she had forgotten what it was like to be the average packmate. She didn't expect them to flower her with titles and rubbish; she had never expected that. She was happy, beyond happy, to just be there with them and do what she could to help them. They were family, nothing more, and nothing less. "If your family comes around, they'll be welcome here. I don't want to have a stiff pack where it's all about ranks and work...I want a family where we support each other." She explained quietly. "I've always had a....thing? for taking in people. I've got a big, big extended family with lots of people that I've raised or at least had a hand in raising. If you need anything, don't be afraid to come to me, for anything at all...I don't know how Storm did things, but I hate the thought of my pack being afraid of treating me like a person. I'm flawed and needy same as anyone else...it makes me feel good to help people so, just remember I'm always here." She smiled softly, looking at the almost grown wolf.

"Would you want to go find a place to stay? For the most part, there are just breaks in the trees that people have turned into living areas...it keeps the wind out, which is lovely....right now, I'm staying just off to the side there, a bit away from the main Glen." She pointed towards the direction of her home which was just off a path near where the stone with the founding member's names had been placed. "Hmmm. I'm going to need to know your favorite color too. As the first Tuatha Dé, your name will join the rest of ours as a founding member of Labyrinth Glen!" Excited, not unlike a small child, Fatin's over sized tail began to sway joyously.

[/html]
[html]

Ember was happy to be back amongst friends. She did like being by herself sometimes, but two weeks had been long enough. That was why she'd left the burned territory, so that she could find some other wolves to talk to. She'd talked to herself a lot along the way, asking questions and answering them...and singing. She liked to sing.

"I'd love to find a place to stay. Maybe someplace near where Tristan is staying? Then I won't have to go very far for the lessons" It made sense. She barely knew the pair of them, but she wanted to stay as connected as she could. There was something about Fatin that radiated friendliness, even before the female spoke of family and taking care of people.

"Me to. Flawed, I mean. I think everyone has their own flaws...they can't help it. It's what makes each of us individual" It was probably the most intelligent thing she'd said or thought about in a while. This was the pack for it, though. Everyone here was growing and developing--trying to better themselves. Maybe she'd end up as wise as Fatin someday. "My....favorite color? I don't know. I like all the colors."
[/html]