Lending a Paw
Ayasha had decided to come to the Great Fire to see if J'adore needed help since her mother was very pregnant with pups. She was optime form and was still amazed at all that she could do. She currently had her shoulder length hair in pigtails. It helped keep her hair out of her face. It still took her quite a bit of time for her to shift, and to get used to having an opposable thumb.

She glanced around. It was near dusk and she had just come from patrolling the borders. J'adore? Do you need any help? She saw that the stack of wood was getting low. That she could help him with. And maybe he would tell her some stories. He told amazing stories. But there would be time for stories when her sibling came. She was happy for his advice on both shifting and profession paths.

Scouting suited her. She could never stay in one place for very long. But she would stay here, with the AniWayans. They were her family. From her adoptive parents, Ralla and Kemo, her uncle, J'adore, and the man whom she owed her life to and she considered her grandfather, Chief Dawali. She also had quite a few friends. She sat down near the fire to wait for J'adore. Even if he hadn't heard her, he should be by soon.
[html]

OOC here!

White eyes glanced over the falling stocks. J'adore would need to get more, something he wasn't best pleased about. A familiar voice pulled his head up and around. His gaze falling on Ayasha, a now shifted Ayasha in fact, he smiled. 'I could do with plenty of help, I hate restocking' he said simply, kicking one of the smaller logs in mock annoyance. Taking the bandana from his wrist, he collected his mane up and tied it. Readjusting his fringe, he spoke again. 'I'd heard you shifted, you look good'.

He brushed off the wood chippings from his hands and moved towards his neice. As his mate had just joined that pack, perhaps Ayasha, AniWaya's scout, had met her. 'Have you met Mizu yet?' he asked, slipping his hands onto his hips. His stance softened now Ayasha had shifted, while she was in her four legged form he was able to seem larger than life to her. But in all fact he wasn't that tall anyway, so there was no point. He was most probably going to be taller than her even when she was an adult.

<style>
.jadore-o10 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jadore-o10 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jadore-o10 b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jadore-o10 {background-color:#990302; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jadore3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#240000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:255px 0px 10px 0px; }
.jadore-o10-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
Ayasha nodded as he said he could use help. I figured you would. Especially since my mother is getting close to having pups. Father tends to be a bit protective of her, which I agree about. His comment about her looking good caused her to blush. Thanks.

As he walked towards her, he asked if she had met his mate. She shook her head. Not yet. But she'll be good to have for when someone gets hurt or when the pups come. Will she be helping mother? Even in being in Optime form, she was way smaller than J'adore. Aw, when will there be someone who I'm bigger than. Everyone I know is bigger than me! She frowned at that. What do you need help with?
[html]

OOC here!

J'adore nodded understandingly, arms crossed casually, 'As do I, I'm looking forward to being an'uncle' to more pups'. He gave Ayasha a soft, caring smile and then straightened himself up and stepped forward. 'Your welcome, makes a huge difference doesn't it? Having two feet'. J'adore remembered when he first learnt to walk upright, he had struggled for a whilebut it had been fairly easy seeing as he already knew how to.

J'adore nodded surly, 'I'm sure she will, I wonder who'll help her when the times comes for us to have pup'. The latter part hadn't been directed at Ayasha, it was more of a self muse. The Spaniard smiled, 'When your siblings arrive you will be bigger than them and even when they first shift you'll be a woman, more or less, and you will be bigger still'. J'adore giggled to himself. 'Unless they out grow you like Leon did with me'. Though there was not much differance between the brothers, Leon was taller by a few inches. Not that it mattered, J'adore was older than him, something he always brought up in arguements.

J'adore exhale, clearly in though, 'Uhh, a few of the logs have gone bad so we need to throw them out and replace them'.

<style>
.jadore-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jadore-z29 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jadore-z29 b {color:#342061; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jadore-z29 {background-color:#AE9DD4; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jadore2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1F192B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:195px 0px 10px 0px; }
.jadore-z29-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
She laughed. When I first went from my four-legged form to upright, I wasn't used to it and so fell on my face. It must have been amusing. I think my mother laughed at that. She gave him a grin. But yes, I love having to feet and an opposable thumb.

His last part of his musing about his mate caught her attention. So are you going to be a father soon? Her siblings would start off as smaller. but would likely be bigger. With my luck, they'll be bigger than me when their fully grown. She said a little grumpily.

She nodded at what he said. How do I tell if the logs are bad or not and where should I put the bad ones?
[html]
<style>
.jadore_carousel .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jadore_carousel p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.jadore_carousel b {color:#66abb5; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jadore_carousel {background-color:#121d3d; background-image:url(http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/710/ ... rousel.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#e9e6b8; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:235px 0px 0px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
She gave a giggle at a little J'adore being sprawled out on the ground. So that's normal? She asked, glad that she wasn't the only one who had that happen to her.

At him not talking about it, she gave him an encouraging smile. I'm sure you'll be a great father. You're already a great 'uncle.' He wasn't her real uncle but that's how they thought of each other.

She took the plastic bags and grinned about the bugs. Yay! Bugs! She wasn't even sarcastic. She actually found bugs fascinating. She started to go through the pile of wood, putting bad ones in the bags. What do we do when we're done sorting? Do we have to gather more wood for you to chop? There was still a lot of wood to sort through.
[html]

occgoodnessss

'Sure is, surfise to say my grandparents never let me live it down. My parents did, only because I'd get annoyed at them if they didn't' J'adore smiled, the memories never died. He sorely missed his grandparents, his father's parents. He'd met his mother's family a few times, though they had not fully accepted their daughter's epole into Spain, but they had opened their homes to the tan child on more than one occasion, with a smile on their faces and undoubtably good food on their tables.

'Thank you, I hope your right' J'adore said as he crawled up to stand. 'I suppose we should get working then'. Searching through the wood, the pair continued to converse, 'Yup, though we might as well chop it while were out, 'Quera is somewhere... I suppose we could take the saddle bags and get him to transport the logs'. Examining a small log, riddled with ants, woodlouse and an array of larvae, he frowned and place it in his bag.

Picking up another log, this one seemingly free of any impuritites, he chucked it back onto the pile, 'If there arn't infested or damp just chuck 'em back on the pile'. J'adore tor through the pile with casual menace, this was his job, something he dearly enjoyed.

<style type="text/css">
.jadorefreeb3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a59c78; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f3decd; }
.jadorefreeb3-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c544a; text-align:center;}
.jadorefreeb3 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadorefreeb3 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#f3decd; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f8f5f6; padding: 115px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c544a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jadorefreeb3-border1 {width:462px; border:1px solid #5c544a; margin:0 auto;}
.jadorefreeb3-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #a58164; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
She grinned at him. What was your family like? She never really knew much about J'adore's past and was curious to know more about it. But she did smirk. Isn't that what family is for? She teased him.

She looked up as she was picking through the wood. And you're going to be the one doing the chopping right? She looked up at him and fluttered her eyelids at him.

She nodded at his instructions. She had found a few that were good and threw them back into the pile. How often do you sort through the pile?
[html]

OOC here!

'My family, J'adore said with a wide smile, 'Is amazing. They cook, they write, they read, they do everything with such passion. Their Spanish through and through, even my mother whos Italian'. He spoke of his family with such love and fire. 'We all have our things that keep us busy. When I was young, I read and wrote, my father told me stories and my mother did everything else, cooking, cleaning, mothering'. J'adore smiled at Ayasha,'Leon has his animals, Analise.. well she's always doing something. Mizu, who counts as family, is a medic of course and you're a scout! I have a big family, more than what I can list now, but I love each member equally. You included'. He always counted Ayasha as family, she spent time with him and was always hungry for knowledge. It made J'adore smiled no end.

'Sure I am, you think I'd let you hurt yourself chopping down big branches. Your Mother would really kill me then' J'adore smiled. No, he would chop the logs himself, brute work was nothing for someone like Ayasha to be doing, actually it wasn't scout work either. 'Depends, whenever I find myself lost for work or usually when theres alot of unused wood thats been lying around for a while'.

<style>
.jadore-d01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jadore-d01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jadore-d01 b {color:#0B0903; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jadore-d01 {background-color:#FFE473; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jadore.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#332C10; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 230px 0px; }
.jadore-d01-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
She grinned at the obvious love he had for his family, including her. Can you cook some of the food you made growing up for me sometime? She quickly added. That is of course if you think you can. She liked to tease him a little.

She gave a little snort. She would. And others might just join in in helping her. Of course she wouldn't say who or even how many wolves would come to her aid. That was for her to know and him to hopefully never find out.

At his response, she nodded. So you don't really have a schedule for checking the woodpile. What else do you do as a fire tender? She was curious but didn't want to change what she did. She loved being a scout and wanted to stay on for as long as she could.
[html]

OOC here!

'I can try, though it won't be as good as my mom's. We had chickens and pigs back home, though I suppose we can make it with elk'.He wondered if he sould call for a hunting trip, all he had to do was stand in the village centre and howl, whoever was intrested would come and meet up.

J'adore smiled casually, 'Well arn't you lucky that I'm actually not going to let you chop. I'll chop the big boughs, if you want you can try your hand at the smaller branches, I have a smaller axe somewhere in my bag, though I may have left it with the others, at the tree I used last time, I need to get chopping that'.

The male nodded slowly and then shrugged, 'Yup, we don't do much else usually unless it's a special occasion, just stocking, feeding, telling stories and whatever else is needed'. He smiled, the job was simple, but important. And it was something he'd never give up. 'If I ever get to the master rank, I suppose I'll stay there for a while, maybe a year or so, then transfer to another rank and so on. Keep myself busy, eh'.

<style>
.jadore-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jadore-z29 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jadore-z29 b {color:#342061; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jadore-z29 {background-color:#AE9DD4; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jadore2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1F192B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:195px 0px 10px 0px; }
.jadore-z29-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
She grinned at him cooking. I'm sure it will be perfectly good. I'm sure that she would be happy that you're sharing your culture and stuff with others. She had simple ways of looking at somethings but those were usually correct.

She chuckled. I'd actually say lucky for you. But I'd like to try some chopping. At his stipulation, she asked, What if you don't have it? Then what should I do? She wasn't sure she wanted to sit around waiting for J'adore to chop wood. Though they could talk. She had never lost her need for questions and answers and he had a lot of them.

At switching paths she was surprised. You can do that? Why would you want to change it if you love it so much? She wasn't accusing him, just curious as to why he would want to.
[html]

300+

'Don't bet on it' J'adore laughed, running a hand through his messy mane, 'You'd probably be better off eating it raw. Though I suppose if you want I could set up a pack hunt and get some elk. Then I could cook it'. A pack hunt would be good, he didn't doubt that the elk would be plentiful enough to hunt. J'adore chuckled. 'No doubt that if she saw the food I made she'd be ashamed. I could never stand up to her meals'.

'Good' and then he paused considering what she had asked, 'Hmm, then I suppose I can help you use the big one'. He stated his words confidently. He was sure that with a little help Ayasha would manage to use the larger adult axes. She was in the adult ranks now, and even if her newly shifted body didn't show it, she was an adult.

'Yes, but I'd have to start at the bottom again. I, personally, would like to do it simply because I want to learn more. I wouldn't learn anything about say being a fighter, yes the war path is what I might chose next..' J'adore trailed off, deep in thought. 'Quera would make a fine example for a war horse. Strong, fast and aglie. Perfect. J'adore could fight as well, but he still had much to learn. There wasn't an AniWaya warrior in Nova Scotia, so it would aid the pack greatly also.

'Quera would make a fine war horse, don't ya think?' J'adore asked, smiling. Throwing another log into his bag, he looked into the stock bin. It was half empty, good, he did not want to chop loads of wood. Dusting off his hands, he turned to Ayasha, 'We best go and get some more firewood, eh? And drop this lot off somewhere where it will make a lovely home for the wildlife'. He lifted up the bag full of useless wood, gesturing it with his free hand.

<style type="text/css">
.jadorehuntb {font-weight:bold; color:#518F00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jadorehunt-ooc {font-style:underline; padding:0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; text-align:center;}
.jadorehunt p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadorehunt {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#342c41; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... jadore.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #342c41; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
.jadorehunt-border1 {width:401px; border:1px solid #342c41; margin:0 auto;}
.jadorehunt-line1 {width:200px; border-bottom:2px dotted #ffffff; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>[/html]
She gave him a big grin. Oh, I think you'll do fine. About the hunting, she offered, I can scout out the elk for you and the other hunters? About her mother being ashamed, If you think so.

She grinned at his offer. But you'll still do most of it, right? She fluttered her eyes at him jokingly.

She cocked her head to the side as she considered his choice. Why war? And do most wolves stay in their paths forever?

She nodded in agreement. He's definitely big enough. At finding wood, she gestured for him to show the way. Lead the way.
[html]

300+

'Mhm, sounds like a good idea. I think it'd be a great way to get the tribe members to work together, ya know like when we all worked together in the storm'. Then he remembered he hadn't been there in the storm, he had been with his ex-future mate. He winced at his mistake, subtlyhowever, so Ayasha wouldn't notice.

J'adore smiled, 'Sure I'll do most of the work, but you have to do some'. He gave her a stern stare, as if he was displeased with her. But it was only a joke, a fact supported by a flash of a smile. As she change the subject he shrugged, 'Because there is no-one in that rank, there is no-one to do those jobs, so I'd like to do them to help the tribe'. It would be a logical move, it would aid the pack and give him a change of roles, should he ever chose to do it.

'C'mon then' J'adore said, slinging the bag over his shoulder. Soon they reached the borders, and then a clearing a little way past that. The trees in the bright clearing had obviously been chopped up a bit, as thick rays of sun beam penetrated the space by use of the missing boughs. 'Here we go, see where I've been working on the trees?' he spun around and pointed to a shallow pit, already full of logs, damp and rotting. 'Just put the rotten logs into the pit along with the others'. He moved over to a make shift chopping table, a plank of wood leaning on two logs and secured by a think peice of twine. Lying on top of the plank were three axes. Two one the same size and a smaller one. The latter J'adore usually use for chopping smaller things, or things needing delicate work, but it would work just as well for a child to use.

<style>
.jadore-d01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jadore-d01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jadore-d01 b {color:#0B0903; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jadore-d01 {background-color:#FFE473; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jadore.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#332C10; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 230px 0px; }
.jadore-d01-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
She beamed when he agreed with her suggestion. And we can get to know each other better. Isn't that an important part of being in the tribe together? That we are like a big family? She knew what that was like. She had been raised by the tribe for a large part of her short life.

She looked affronted by his suggestion. Are you saying I'm lazy? That's not very nice. She pouted up at him but then gave him a smile as they joked with each other. That was what she liked so much about J'adore. He was so easy to get along with.

She followed him and when they reached the borders and went over them, she looked around curiously. I've never been outside of AniWaya since I came here four months ago. She considered that time. I've been with the Tribe for over half my life! I don't really remember anything other than the Tribe. She looked up at J'adore. I don't really remember my birth mother. All I remember is that she gave her life I could live. I don't remember what she looked like. I assume she was white like me but I'm not sure. She said this with some sorrow.

She dumped her bag of bad wood in the pit as he instructed. She saw the smaller table and asked, Is that what I'm going to use?