directions to heaven
[html]

The rain hadn’t stopped all day, or the day before that. It was like the air was holding onto the last bit of winter and taking the rocky route into spring. Flowers were pushing their pastel faces through the soil and beginning to unfold. Pink and yellow buds had sprouted along the length of the grass before it crumbled to sand. Red and dark blue blossoms had spiked up on the other side of the bungalow and were already wilting over from the sudden express of water. Not to mention the unexpected cold that fed from the wetness.

Ever blew gently into the messily stacked pile of wood. She was mocked by only a few grains of sand moving beside her. An awkward sigh escaped her light colored lips when she straightened, kneeling in the damp sand. Her hands went to the packet of matches and then to an individual one, fingering it unskillfully and scraping it against the dry wood with the same absent grace. Into the pile of twigs another match went, bubbling tendrils of smoke into the air. She heaved a silent breath into the area again and was rewarding by a hot breeze and a tiny flame.

This was not her second attempt. She had gone through half the packet of matches, generously acquired by a young female smoker, and left into the woods to gather fuel three times. Ever had never built a fire but she had seen enough that she could only assume how one was constructed. It became more difficult when the wind set in with the growing evening. The sky was bleeding an orange, although the sun had not yet passed the horizon.

The girl nurtured the small red flicker, shielding it from the wind with her dark hands and lovingly adjusting the wood so it would catch fire. Already it was putting out heat, enough for the hybrid to feel her fur warming on her fingers. She sat back in triumphant before watching the gleam grow slightly stronger. Using common sense, Ever supposed she would need more wood. Looking up at the sky and admiring the lack of gray clouds, the silver girl slipped behind her and her mate’s beach shack and into the forest.

<style type="text/css">
.jadeblossom-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadeblossom b {font-weight:bold; color:#536922; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadeblossom p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadeblossom {margin:0 auto; background-color:#899a64; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/11l3kg3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4b4e31; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:360px; border:1px solid #192109; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... htable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc text!

Long over due

Amaranth wasn't a fan of the rain nor did she want to deal with Jiva being bored. Now a month old she felt that a little rain could hurt the boy. "Mama go?" he asked looking up at her with mismatching eyes. She nodded not wanting to correct him at this moment. "Where?" He asked as she scooped him up placing him in a pouch so not to get soaked. "Out to get things we need." she said looking down at him. "Why?" He asked as he wiggled in the pouch getting comfy.

"Because you need to keep warm so we need wood." She stated as she opened the door and headed out. She had also heard that some where on the beach Ever had made a home she wanted to search her out and she wasn't sure why. "Wood mama" Jiva said as he struggled to point towards the forest that she wasn't heading too. "Soon Jiva lets explore for a bit." She said.

Jiva gave her a look as she smiled. "My sweet boy" Amaranth said as she chose to move out of the rain a little bit. The forest wasn't much cover at the moment do to the lack of leaves but soon she could bring the boy out here to play when it wasn't raining.

"How about a story Jiva?" She asked as she walked looking down at him. "please?" He asked with a smile.

"The King Ahab thought he was hot stuff. He really thought he was the Big Cheese!

He was a mighty King after all. All he had to do was give a command, and his servants scrambled to do it.

King Ahab didn't need God.

Instead of trusting in God for all things, King Ahab trusted in himself. King Ahab thought HE was in charge. He didn’t pray to God - God would want him to do things God’s way. Instead, he prayed to idols, because they would do things HIS way.

Or so he thought.

But God was about to teach him who the REAL Big Cheese is!

And so God sent the prophet Elijah.

“It will not rain, or will there be even any dew on the ground until the one true God says so!” Elijah said to the king.

Then God told Elijah to go and hide away. King Ahab was on his own now. Now he would learn who REALLY is in charge of all things.

And then, just as God had promised, the rain stopped.

It did not rain for days...

then weeks...

then months.

Meanwhile, God was taking care of Elijah.
She smiled looking at him as they continued She looked telling her son about her god. The god she had found. They made there way as she spoke to him. He always fell quiet when she told him stories. Amaranth smiled as she stopped an lifted her nose to the air hoping to get Evers scent.

She smiled as she continued on she could smell Ever's scent it seemed so normal compared to how she used to feel. As she stopped talking she looked at Jiva. "What ya looking for mama?" He asked
"my sister" She said as she contnued on.
"Ever, Hey Ever" She called out looking around. She wondered where she could be. Jiva tucked his head down hiding. Amaranth shook her head laughing.

""
[/html]
[html]

Ever could smell her adopted sister before she could hear her.

Armful filled with her damp gather, the silvery girl bent down to finger another piece of wood. The tip was sharp and the edges were jagged as if split directly from a trunk by lightening. Aqua hued eyes admired the oddly shaped marvel before placing it in her arms.

Upon returning to her den, she sensed a presence. Not only was there a soft sound of wet, squelching sand, but a familiar fragrance that rose above the light dusting of smoke. On any other occasion the cloud-furred girl may have been soured by the meeting of such a person, but lately the loneliness she faced without Ezra was devastating.

The last news about Amaranth hadn’t been surprising, but rather interesting. First she had appeared to be missing, than pregnant. She was never Ever’s favorite person, but a shred of guilt for not being a part of her whereabouts clawed itself into her heart occasionally.

Amaranth?

Ever asked in her melodic tone, reappearing from the darkness of the woods. It was obviously her, but a different kind of scent masked the salty buttercup of Miracles. Whatever happened to be the cause would be revealed by the strawberry furred female no doubt.

When she finally came to view, the hybrid was stifled. Ayita’s daughter no longer had the sharp, hard expression but a blooming joy. Her eyes were kinder but still held the frosty edge. Ever noticed the way her mouth curved up, plastered there in content and her cheeks set lower in relaxation. The way her ocean eyes caught every detail of a wolf’s face no longer bothered her.

She was also carrying something, shielding it from the misty rain. Ever glanced over at her fire, seeing the bright flame clearly through the evening fog. It still glowed. She adjusted her grip on the wood before closing the distance between her and her deranged sister.

<style type="text/css">
.baycloud-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.baycloud b {font-weight:bold; color:#996691; letter-spacing:1px}
.baycloud p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.baycloud {margin:0 auto; background-color:#aea5b2; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/1219yyw.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515e7b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21293c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... htable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc text!

Long over due

Amaranth had never tried to be social, she had always been the one to act out and strike. Things were changing for the red head. being a mother and having Niro as a mate had made the girl soft. her hard stone like features and anger at the world just seemed to be melting away. She looked down at the pack that held the now hiding Jiva. She couldn't help but laugh he was silly.

"Ever" she said lightly smiling. She couldn't helo but be happy to search out the girl. They had never really gotten along though no one had liked amaranth. She was such a brat who just treated people like crap including her mom. And even though she did that hr mom still stood by her.

"I came to see you because I felt I had to I'm lonely. I mean Ever I'm sorry I know I was never a great person." She said as she placed her hand on her pouch. She could feel Jiva trying to hid under her touch.

She moved her hand and opened the flap reaching down to get the boy. "No mama scared" He cried. "Ever is wonderful Jiva no need to fear. Ever we may not truly be blood but you are my sister. This is Jiva your nephew" She said cradling the boy. Who tried to hid in his mother. "hi." he said hiding his face in Amaranths fur. "I do not think she heard you Jiva speak up and look at her its polite." She said looking at him slightly stern. He turned so he could see her. "Hi" he said as he quickly hid again.

""
[/html]
[html]

She couldn’t help a skeptical look cross her beautifully lean features. Head cocked slightly to the side, Ever stared the strawberry woman down, clearly unchanged by her sudden month of break through. Amaranth would always be Amaranth to Ever.

But she swallowed her acid distaste for the time being and allowed room enough for a smile. Her apology spread warmth through the silver girl. It wasn’t hard to imagine that the Catori girl had a softer side. She appeared to be mated and word that she was pregnant had come and passed. Ever confirmed this vague idea when Amaranth produced a pup from the pouch she was shielding.

He was small, too small to be more than a couple months. His pelt was fiercely colored like his mothers; the boy himself was too shy to inherit her sharp attitude. A small greeting escaped his maw after gentle prodding and a louder one rewarded for more encouragement.

Ever smiled sympathetically now, looking at Jiva with a new profound fire. She felt content for the luck her adopted sister had been given to produce such a wonder.

Hello, Jiva,

The silver hybrid replied, keeping her voice warm and light. She knew little about young children, but over the years she had met quite a few, from hotheaded to shy and quiet. Ever looked up at Amaranth.

I understand. I am glad you came to visit,

She spoke the truth, keeping her expression subtle and welcoming.

<style type="text/css">
.baycloud-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.baycloud {margin:0 auto; background-color:#aea5b2; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/1219yyw.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515e7b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21293c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc text!

Long over due

Amaranth had for once come to see some one and for once she was irenic. The brute of a woman normally went after others with verbal venom. She had never wanted to spent a lot of time around others. She didn't know what had caused the change.

She smiled looking at the boy. "I do not know what is up with him. He is normally not like this. Normally he wants to say hi to everyone and play. She said. She shifted him he was starting to get heavy but she would always coddle the boy that she loved so much.

She looked back at Ever. "So are you truly glad I came?" She asked smiling. "How have you and Ezra been? truly that was all she knew. She knew that she and Ezra were mates but nothing more. She knew nothing really of anyone but Niro. She took in a deep breath and smiled.

""
[/html]
[html]

Ever could imagine the girl being a mother easily. Amaranth cradled the boy in his strapped pack, holding her hands under his wait with gentle care. However, ocean hued eyes could see the slight hitch in her arms and the exhaustion behind her eyes. Mothering must have taken much out of her. The silver hybrid could only imagine how difficult the birthing must have been, as well. According to Vigilante, Ayita had lost one of her pups. A little girl, it was. The thought still sent shivers through her slender body.

A peculiar look crossed the fiery mother’s expression before she spoke. It was a question, phrased in a reassuring way. Ever understood why Ayita’s daughter might ask such a thing. Both remembered the bitterness they shared when she had been taken in by their parents. Most nights they spent together in the same room or inside the same house. This, unfortunately, didn’t change. Ever wasn’t outright aggressive, so she let Amaranth bully her without much thought. She knew Ayita was aware of her daughters’ friction, yet was not troubled that she hadn’t done anything to change it the past year.

Of course,

The silver girl responded, returning her sisters smile. Amaranth’s smile came easy since she came.

Ezra and I are doing quite fine, thank you, sorry that you did not catch him this afternoon,

Ever had difficulty hiding the shadow that passed over her features. She hadn’t seen the man in longer than she should. A familiar aching tightened her core. Jiva twisted in his mothers grip. The silver hybrid knew one day she would birth Ezra’s pups. The same thought occurred when a similar inquiry came up while visiting her adopted parents. It was too soon for her to settle down, yet a small shred of jealousy tore her heart at the thought that her younger sister had became a mother before her. However, she and Ezra had mated first. Thoughts of raising a family lifted her spirits but also quickened her pace with fear.

How about you and Niro?

The girl delved further, keeping the conversation alight.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc text!

Long over due

Amaranth smiled, for once maybe she could heal some wounds that she had caused. Ever had never done anything to her as a child, it just happened to be that Amaranth was a sad angry child. She just stood there holding her son as he squirmed.

”Mama I want down.” he said as he squirmed more. He didn’t really care much if it was raining he was a big boys and big boys could do it. Amaranth looked at him with his cute face and set him down. ”There now behave” She said lightly poking his nose.

Looking at ver she moved her hair out of her face. ”I’m fine with not running into him really it was you I wanted to see. I’m growing up we all have to do it sometime. I finally caught up to the world and have learned how to mature.” She said missing the point of what she was trying to say. ’What I mean is I want to get to know you to actually give Jiva good examples.” She said

”The two of us are well though getting through things. The death of Jiva’s sisters would be one of them. Plus you know me all brute no kindness Niro has taught me how to tame that beast.” She said as she watched Jiva just wander around. She was always watching him more so when fire was around that inner fear that she had retained that seemed to return after her birth where she had been close to fire. ”Jiva stay away from that” She said as he turned to look at her.

”Yes mama” He really couldn’t say much very clearly and he kept things to simple. He waddled close to Ever as he looked up, ”Hi” he piped as he looked at her this time much bolder then before.

""
[/html]
[html]

She appreciated the effort Amaranth was showing to try to mend their relationship. It had been a strangled one from the start but Ever had not thought back to it until now. Despite the lack of a blood relation between both the daughters of Vigilante, Amaranth had nearly forced the silver youth away from her adopted parents. The girl still found room in the loosely knit family, maybe brought them together through her distracted, aimless, presence. She would never know.

As Jiva began squirm and writhe the rain let up a notch, beginning to thin out to a damp fog that settled on above the trees and between the trunks. Ever gave the wood a miniscule shake, watching the water drip from each twig and melt steadily into the clammy sand. Amaranth than spoke to her, referring to her with just a gaze in her direction.

Well, I am glad you have come to such an optimistic conclusion,

Ever said with a soft expression. She had never disliked Amaranth to a point of no return or no exception to her apology. So it was easy to understand and exclude all past references.

Nice to hear you and Niro are getting along just fine. You and he must be perfect for each other,

She replied again, eager to hear the reason for her sister’s sudden breakthrough. To know her life was proceeding smoother than her childhood was a relief, even to one of the outlets for some of her anger.

Jiva stumbled along the beach and towards the ocean side, small light furred body disappearing considerably in the haze. The glowing amber outline of the fire could just be seen and darkened as the young boys body ventured before the flame. He was scolded with a fearful tone from his mother. Plump small body came tumbling back obediently and addressed Ever again. She greeted him with another

Hello,

Quietly, softly, above a whisper. Ever wasn’t used to being around young wolves, however, her personality gave her easy motherly instincts.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]