Finding supplies
[html]

Smile doooobedobedoooo

Désirée poked absentmindedly through the piles of stuff on the floor of what was once a grocery store. The shelves were largely bare, testament to the frequenting of other Luperci, though some canned goods and bottled beverages remained. The breads were gone; the mice had probably chewed through them years ago, but Desi did find something vaguely food-like.

Deft fingers worked at the crinkly plastic wrapper that had somehow remained untouched by others and after several brow-furrowing attempts, opened the wrapper to a wave of sweetness that made her salivate uncontrollably. She smacked her lips hungrily, inspecting what she had found.

The thing was light yellowish bread, spongy even though it had probably seen many years, and when she turned it over to look at its flat bottom (as opposed to its domed top) a white filling oozed from twin holes. She sniffed the thing appreciatively, and then licked it. The sugary treat did not stand a chance after that; it was gone -- snap-snap! -- and the femme was digging around, looking for another. She finally unearthed a box with a picture of three of the treat she had just devoured on it from beneath a layer of cement, roofing material, and other debris, and she hugged the box to her chest before shoving it into her satchel.

She needed a new bag, she mused. This one was becoming a bit full, what with clothing and bottles of alcohol, and now a box of snacks. That, she would do tomorrow, she decided, before stalking on down the aisle to see what other goodies it held.

<style>
.desi-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.desi-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.desi-z91 b {color:#c687c6; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.desi-z91 {background-color:#eee7db; background-image:url(http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... /table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.desi-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
Roran had been as usual, out exploring. He heard someone moving around inside a strange looking building and made his way casually to the entrance. He sniffed the air within and his tail wagged. He smelled a Luperci female, not from any pack he had smelled before, and beneath this, a strange sweet smelling scent. He walked in and quickly became entranced by all of the things within. H was busy looking around and when he saw a squirrel he couldnt help but bark hungrily and begin to chase it. He chased it down several aisles, barking at it but as he rounded a corner he ran smack into the Luperci female he has smelled earlier. He flipped over slightly and came to a rest on his back staring at the female upside down as she also lay on the ground. He let his tongue loll out one side of his mouth and he smiled, laughing lightly. "Sorry about that, that little critter was just begging to be eaten" He says and rolls to his feet.
[html]

Desi had just rounded the corner to move into the next aisle when a smallish furry bullet collided with her head-on. She was flipped onto her back, but with a small growl she quickly got to her feet, crouched, fangs bared in defense of whatever had attacked her. As she turned her angry mis-matched glare downward, a wolf, white in color with beautiful blue eyes, rolled onto his back, his tongue lolling out in a comical grin. He apologized with a laugh.

The she-wolf tried to maintain a ticked-off look, but found that she could not. He was too cute, even if he had knocked her over. With a sigh, she stood, assessing the both of them for injuries. There were none, not that she had necessarily expected any. The squirrel that he had been chasing had run up the end rack of the shelf and was sitting there chittering away at both of them. Even though she knew it would fail, Desi swiped at the rodent, sending it running.

Eh... it happens. My name's Désirée, what's yours?

[/html]
He couldn't help but laugh lightly at the stern look she tried to hold on her face. He shook himself slightly to get severl peices of something off his coat and then glared at the squirrel as she made it run off. He looked back at her, his face splitting grin once more taking up his face. "Well, my name is Roran Wolfe, i am a member of the Pheonix Valley." He states with an over-exagerated and comical bow. He straightened again, unable to keep from laughing as he smiled at her. His nose twitched slightly and he moved closer, sniffing at the bag she had. "What is that delightful smell?" He asked curiously, looking up at her
[html]

The boy introduced himself as Roran Wolfe, of Phoenix Valley. Her mother had told her that her nephew, Désirée's cousin, was the leader in Phoenix Valley, but the femme had never been over to the pack to meet Jefferson. At some point she wanted to do that, but it was not necessarily a time-sensitive visit.

Roran's nose twitched, and he mentioned something about a smell while staring at her satchel. For one moment, Desi's arms tightened around the bag and her face held a glimpse of 'but it's miiiine!' before she caught herself. She was not a petulant child, and she would not act like she was.

I don't know what they're called. They're really good though, and sweet. She pulled one of the treats from the box and offered it to him still in the wrapping, not realizing he was not able to shift into an Optime form, and then stowed the box away.

[/html]
He couldnt help but begin to salivate as she pulled a soft spongy thing out of her bag. He stared at it intently, knowing that it was what he smelled. He frowned up at her slightly as she held it out for him. "You think you could hold that down a little more, my head doesn't go that high" He said this in a joking tone and himself burst out laughing.
[html]

Desi giggled as a string of drool ran from between Roran's lips. It was just about the same reaction she had had herself. He stared at it, as though trying to get it to levitate from between her fingers to his stomach, but he did not shift, and he was a bit lower to the ground than she would have figured he could jump for it.

Then he flat out asked if she could hold it down a little more, and Desi knew something was up. Was he not able to shift yet? He looked old enough to have begun shifting; even she had been shifting by the time she was as (relatively) big as he, and she had been a late bloomer. Still, to be safe, she asked, as she crouched and opened the plastic for him.

Here you go. Uhm.. I hope you don't mind me asking, but, can't you shift?

[/html]
He couldnt help but quickly bite it out of her hand. As he bit into it and chewed his tail wagged wildly and he shut his eyes. This small spongy treat was heaven on his taste buds. He swallowed the treat and shook himself slightly as it went down his throat. "WOW THAT WAS GOOD." He blurted out and smiled at her, though his smile turned into a slightly frown when she asked if he could change yet. "Well, i would if i could, but im not a Luperci" He says and laughs slightly, she had assumed he was a Luperci, in truth, if he could shift he woul have done so long ago.
[html]

Ooooh, I got my title!.

The colliewolf thought for a moment she was going to lose her fingers when the boy snapped the pastry out of her hand, but after ensuring that all five fingers were still present, she just grinned as he swallowed it down, as quickly as she had eaten her first one, with an exclamation of joy at how good it was.

He assured her that if he was able to shift, he would have done it by now, and she scratched at her head, pondering something she remembered hearing from her mom. Hanna was by no means elitist, but she had told Desi that if she ever had occasion to help someone turn into a Luperci, and that wolf was willing, that there were a few ways she could do this.

The first way was in a fight. If she transmitted enough spit and blood to the other wolf, and they were not a Luperci, they might become one. The second way was a little more difficult, especially if it were a female transmitting to a male, but intercourse would do the deed. Desi blushed just thinking about that, though the boy was cute...

Shaking her head slightly to clear the thought, she remembered the third way, which was a form of the first. Her mother had told her that the easiest way to make someone a Luperci was to cleanly slice both parties' paws open and put hers above his, and that the more ceremony there was, the more likely the virus seemed to transfer. Well, it was worth a shot if he wanted to try it. If you... do you want to shift? I could change you.

[/html]
He smirked slightly as the female grinned and he rolled onto his back and began to squirm like a lunatic, which was his way of scratching his back. Upon rolling to his feet, he saw her blush and cocked his head to the side. "What are you....." He trailed off as she asked him if he wanted to change, and offered that she could change him. Remembering the ways of changing a non-Luperci into a Luperci, he couldnt help but laugh lightly, knowing why she had blushed.

He smiled up at her and his tail wagged. "Well yes i would actually, if only to protect my mother" He says and his face turned serious at the mention of his mother. He ignored a few squirrels that ran past the aisle, barely containing the urge to chase after them. He smiled to himself though as he thought about himself as a Luperci, he would be strong and swift. He would be able to protect his mother and everyone else if he tried hard enough. He looked up at her, his face serious once more. "Would you truly be willing to change me?" He asks.
[html]

Slight PP, lemme know if I need to change. :3 Just remember that he's not a Luperci yet, he'd have to have waited a little while to see if the blood was going to 'take'. You can read about it in the RP guide, I think.

He had caught her blush, but apparently the Phoenix Valley wolf was not unfamiliar with the ways to transmit the Luperci virus. She just kinda smirked when he realized what she had thought of, and he laughed. Then Roran confirmed that yes, he would like to be a Luperci and gave a few reasons why. While Désirée did care about the reasons he wished to be able to shift, at the same time she knew that before long she would need to be on her way soon. She had more supplies to gather before it got dark, as she had only planned to stay a couple days within Halifax before heading to AniWaya.

His face went serious, and she watched him, only wondering what was being thought betwixt his ears. Her own ears flickered to one side, but her intense gaze never left his face as she awaited his final question: Was she really willing to change him? The answer was simple enough, yes, she would gladly change him and she told him this. Well.. I offered, didn't I? I'd be glad to change you. We'll use transmission of blood, if that sounds alright with you. She switched her grip on the satchel, finally removing her eyes from his face to observe the blade. She had been very careful to clean it each and every time it was used (which wasn't often).

Satisfied with her inspection of the knife's shiny silvery blade, she gingerly cut the hair from the area she intended to cut on both of them. She pressed the flat of theblade once to her lips, then she placed it momentarily against her own paw, just behind the large pad, then sliced it across, leaving a thin weal of bright scarlet blood to flood to the surface. Swiftly she grabbed Roran's right foreleg and touched the knife to the place at the front that she had 'shaved'. She 'kissed' the blade again, spoke quietly and briefly, You ready?; but she did not really give him a chance to agree or disagree. The same motion was made, inflicting a simple wound on the boy's arm. It should have stung, at the most, but more than likely Roran would not have realized she had done anything but for her motion. Then his wound was covered by hers, seamlessly connecting the Ortus and the Verto.

[/html]
He nodded at her comment about her offering. "True, but there are those in this world that would more than willingly trick one such as myself for their own personal gain" He states, his face never leaving its tone os seriousness and stability.

He lifted his leg as she reached out a grabbed it, he felt a quick stinging at her cutting him where she has shaved the fur away, but he didnt so much as flinch at the pain, he had gone through several far more serious injuries during his self induced work outs that a simple cut on the leg.

As she pressed her wound to his he looked down at it and cocked his head to the side as their blood mixed. He couldnt help but askt eh question that was on his lips. "Why did you kiss the blade?" He asks simply, his face still stern and completely solid.
[html]

Smile

Though she did not voice it, Desi was quite impressed that he made no outward sign of pain when she cut him. Some wolves their age possessed such fortitude, but not many. As she sat there patiently holding their blood bond, he asked her why she had kissed the blade. She was not sure of the exact symbolism of the act, so she could not fill him in. It had just felt right, in the absence of a bigger ceremony than a random meeting in a supermarket.

My mamma told me that if I ever had occasion to change someone, that I should do it with as much pomp and ceremony as was possible. Maybe she was just superstitious like that, but since we don't have anything to make a bigger deal out of it with, that just... felt like the best thing to do. Even if the little ritual did nothing toward making the boy a Luperci, it couldn't hurt to fulfill any possible requirements, right?

After several more moments passed, Desi withdrew her hand, offering it to him to lick clean while she bent to do the same for him. This was not so much a ritual but a sealing of the bond: Roran and Desi were now blood siblings if nothing else, and cleansing each others' wounds would either be the equivalent of a human spit-shake or just the doctoring up of each others cuts, the metaphorical band-aid. When no trace of blood marred his silky white fur, she straightened, holding her hand still so that the blood would congeal fully into a scab.

<style>
.desi-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.desi-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.desi-z91 b {color:#c687c6; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.desi-z91 {background-color:#eee7db; background-image:url(http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... /table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.desi-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
He couldnt help but laugh slightly at the mention of ceremony, considering the fact that they had met randomly in a supermarket, he didn't beleive that there was any need for such things. Though his kept his opinion to himself, lest he somehow insult her.

When she offered her hand for him to lick and she licked his, he licked her's clean as well, making sure there was no blood left on her soft furry hand. He pulled his head back after a moment and smiled up at her, he made a slight bow and then looked back up at her. "I thank you for your kindness, blood sibling" He says, noting the last title from a memory he had of someone saying such when they had done the blood transfusion.
[html]

Make one more post leaving, and I'll archive it so we can work on the other one. :3

Roran returned her action of cleansing in kind, and did a good job of washing the blood from the wound. If all went well and the virus was within him, he would be shifting, albeit slowly and more awkwardly than a natural-born shifter, within a changing of the moon's face or a little more. With a smile, Desi stood, dusting off her knees. She bowed back to him, and smiled at the title he used.

Laying a hand along his face gently, in some equivalent of a hand on the shoulder, she spoke the necessary words in reply. It was my pleasure. Be well, blood brother. I must continue my search for food and supplies. Without further ado, she turned and began walking away from him, doing as she had said and looking for things to take back to her den. If he needed her, though, she would not ignore him.

[/html]