When the earth was young and the air was sweet
[html]

All welcome! He's at the borders presently, and it's about mid-afternoon. +5

He would never admit it, but the former gypsy was elated to be out on his own again.

Days seemed to grow longer, and yet time was running thin for his red haired female, who looked to be bursting at the seams with pregnancy. It was only a matter of days, he felt. And while it meant everything for the coywolf to be there, he also wanted to surprise Skye by bringing back trades from the tribe in the southern lands. Bangle had the pleasure of meeting a couple of its inhabitants, and the wonderful things they wore: Painted feathers, hand-crafted beads of all shapes and hues, cured leather hides for wraps and furs for blankets and bedding. From what he saw, it seemed like the perfect time to issue a trade, things for Skye and for the pack.

The coywolf followed the river, which traveled at a moderate pace, and he was happy to match it. Some sense of freedom kept the craftsman at this pace, feeling almost carefree the farther away from Cercatori he was. No matter how attached to the pack he may have been, to Bangle the open lands were always his home; he belonged everywhere and nowhere at once. The water alongside him surged forward, propelling itself over boulders and other things that may have blocked its path. As he readjusted the heavy pack on his back, things jingled in Bangle's wake as he bushwhacked through the forest, but he maintained his path and his speed. For that moment, he felt much like the river did - nothing could stand in his way of where he wanted to go. The earth had its place for its inhabitants, and though Bangle's journey took him to a single destination, it was getting there that was half the adventure.

He could see the world again, touch the earth and taste the sweet air, and the coywolf was determined to take advantage of this feeling while he could. The male knew he couldn't be gone for very long, a day or two at most, before he'd have to wave his freedom away for some time. As he walked, a nagging feeling in the back of his mind reminded him of the responsibilities that were to come with the furry bundles of joy, that he would have to be around them to protect them, to teach them. Orange eyes closed briefly, feet never once faltering in step on the fresh grass of the plains, shoving the thoughts of fatherhood aside. Bangle shifted the load on his back once more, feeling as if something extra was added onto it, weighing him down just a little bit more as time went on.

As the river dived further and further in, Bangle found himself at the outlines of wide, open plains, surrounded by a wired fence. The enclosure looked grotesque amidst a beautiful, serene place, and Bangle had to stop and observe. Light scents of other wolves hit his nostrils, and the craftsman indeed knew he was close. Stepping away from the line of trees, his decorated form now visible, he scanned the open plains for any signs of life. He had only traveled to a part of AniWaya before, but having come from a different direction left him wondering, large ears twitching anxiously.

<style type="text/css">
.banglelute b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.banglelute .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.banglelute p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.banglelute {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6b0041; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20a73lx.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fffca7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
After a morning of generally helping around the treehouse, Ayasha had set off to patrol the borders. Her hair was currently in pigtails and as she walked she realized that she needed beads and feathers to decorate her hair. Most, if all, of the adults in her tribe had similar decorations and J'adore had explained that they do it to honor the tribe. Which was something she wished she could do. She'd have to ask her mother about that.

She soon smelled another wolf. She had no idea where they were from except not from AniWaya. So she cautiously headed in that direction. She came across a male with orange eyes and a large pack on his back. She wondered if he was lost or something. Whatever he needed or was, he didn't seem like a threat but Ayasha knew she should be careful. She came to the edge of the border.

She eyed him a moment longer then said, Hello, there. Might I ask what you're business is with the AniWaya tribe? She wasn't accusatory but curious and slightly protective. But she was also ready and willing to be friends with him if he came in peace.
[html]

I could not pass this thread up! Sorry, did not see Ayasha's post until right before I posted. :c +2 points.

The blonde girl had always been wrong, but she had found the grace to accept this in the band of gypsies she had once called a family. Foxglove had felt a longing for those canines more strongly lately than she did when she had first arrived, but that was to be expected. Settling was hardly something she had expected to do when she had sought out the woman her mother had named as a friend, the woman the gypsy girl had not yet spoken with. With a wistful sigh for the life she had given up to become a member of this tribe—for what, she did not know—the girl rose from where she sat in front of her hut.

It was rare for the Tsula Agateno to patrol the borders in her petite two-legged form, her frame the lithe one of a shepherd rather than a wolf, but Foxglove had been using this one since the seasonal ceremony, dressing herself in the old and worn traditional gypsy clothing she was so fond of. Scarves of silk and lace in a variety of colors and patterns were used as accessories, and though the girl was hardly an adult, she carried herself with a grace that many adults did not even wear. She was restless, as she often was when she felt confined, so she made her way to the edges of the pack territory and began to walk, emerald eyes looking to the area outside of the pack's territory. It was nice here, but she longed for so much.

Thoughts of her mother crossed her mind, and of the father she never knew, and the sisters she had parted ways with. She was hardly focused on the task at hand, one she usually enjoyed for it allowed her to wander while performing a task for the pack. The presence of another—no, two, she realized—startled her from her thoughts. "Hello, Stranger," she called, her tone airy, as she approached the two canines. "And hello again, Ayasha."

<style type="text/css">
.foxgltrans02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.foxgltrans02 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.foxgltrans02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.foxgltrans02 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/168/foxgltrans.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

You guys make me happy <3 +5.

His curiosity was satiated when he heard another approach, and turned to gaze upon a young woman. A single eyebrow raised for a moment as she approached, and the male's judgment told him that she couldn't have been very old. It was apparent, however, that maturity surpassed the age as the white female greeted him, and had been quite forward about Bangle's arrival. In his eyes, it wasn't rude to be so pressing of a stranger, and truthfully the former gypsy preferred it to be that way.

"'Elo there, lil' miss!" He piped up, voice lightweight in comparison to the many rucksacks and satchels that adorned his multicolored frame. Sticking out a hand in greeting, his wide, famous grin split his face. "Name's Bangle, Im'a craftsman'a Cercatori d'Arte." As he introduced himself, his other free hand pointed behind him, in the direction he came from. Just as he opened his muzzle again to answer the young woman's question, another female emerged, her steps almost drifting towards them. It looked as if the pale yellow female that now walked towards the pair couldn't have been much older, if at all, in comparison to the white girl.

And suddenly, his guffaws emerged - the laughter he was infamous for, at least in the more northern parts of the lands. As his cackling settled, his grin never faltered from his features. "Well, ain' I th' popular one." He bent forward slightly to give a small bow to the pair of females, afraid to bend any further for fear of dropping the load he was bearing. The yellow, gypsy-looking girl addressed the white female, and Bangle nodded. "Bangle," he said towards the other in the same tone of voice that was given to Ayasha. Eyes moved from one to another, before addressing the white girl with a toothy grin. "I'm 'ere t' propose a trade'er two with AniWayans, I've seen some o' their beautiful things.." A pause, as he looked from one girl to the other, and then: "Their crafts ain't bad either." Winking, he chuckled at his small joke, having used it in hopes to break tension, if there was any to be had, between them. A more serious tone crossed his tongue, then, an obvious difference than the jesting tone.

"Thought I'd surprise my mate with'a few gifts b'fore she gave birth." As he announced this, a part of his chest swelled with what seemed to be pride, but it was a strange feeling indeed. "After glancin' at what miss Ralla wore when she came t' visit us, I couldn't pass up the chance." He mentioned the AniWayan woman, unsure if the girls knew of her or not. "Never really got'a chance t' exchange som'n of mine with 'er," Bangle said as he shook his head, beads clacking in his hair. That day was full of tension, and he wished he had been more welcoming to the visiting woman. This trip, it seemed, had more than one intention. The given circumstances of those many moons ago only led him to offer her the onyx stone, his generosity allowing her to have it for free. It was a worthless stone, after all, but the words he graced with the item was what made it valuable.

<style type="text/css">
.banglelute b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.banglelute .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.banglelute {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6b0041; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20a73lx.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fffca7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
She grinned at the way he talked. Her grin widened at the approach of her fellow scout. It's a pleasure to meet you, Bangle. Hi, Foxglove. At his profession, she replied, My name is Ayasha and I'm a Tsula Agateno, or scout. She giggled a little at his laughing.

At the trade she nodded. We do have quality made stuff. I'd ask what you have in turn but that's more for the other's to ask. So he was a trader. That would explain the pack of stuff he had.

Her ear's perked up at the mention of pups and even further about Ralla. Ralla is my adoptive mother and she's going to have pups soon. She was proud that her mother had made such a positive impact on others. I suppose we should let you come into our lands. What do you think, Foxglove? She turned her attention to the other scout.
[html]

+2 points.

The stranger had an interesting way of speaking, but he seemed to be a pleasant fellow. Foxglove smiled, an airy expression on her delicate features. Her arrival in these lands had been direct, sending her straight to AniWaya, though she had briefly paused to look wistfully at the pack she had once called home. As such, she had not made herself aware of the rest of the packs in the area, though she knew of Cour des Miracles, of course. She had not paused there for even a moment upon her arrival; she was not ready to see Niro or Maggie yet, and she had not been then, either.

"Well hello, Bangle," she said softly, her tone light, breathy. "I am Foxglove Monroe." Perhaps this man knew her mother, or perhaps he did not. The blonde girl looked very similar to the creamy-furred matriarch of the Monroe females, and if he knew Lolita, the association would be an easy one for him to make. Her expression was a curious one as Ayasha continued to speak; Foxglove had not realized that Ayasha had chosen the same path of work she had within the tribe.

Perhaps she had not even realized that she was old enough. After their first meeting, Foxglove had realized that, though they were close to one another in physical age, the Monroe girl was seemingly beyond her years. The white girl had seemed to be much more a puppy than anything when they had first met, while Foxglove had been tending to herself and on a whole separate level of mentality for so long already.

She focused once more one the colorful man who was no longer a stranger. "What are you interested in trading, and trading for?" She had few posessions she would part with, but she had a vast collection of scarves in varying materials, a number of which adorned her outfit today. Perhaps Bangle would be interested in one or some of those.

<style type="text/css">
.foxgltrans02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.foxgltrans02 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.foxgltrans02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.foxgltrans02 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/168/foxgltrans.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+5. Yes, this just happened.. XD

As both laughter and happiness were all-around contagious, the

coywolf's tail gave an obvious wag or two as the two patrolling females before him shared in his glee. Though, despite how cheerful he might have been on the outside, inside there was turmoil. Within Bangle, he knew Skye would be angry at him for leaving at a time like this, when she needed him the most, to a place she did not know about. This trip was a surprise for her, mainly, but the coywolf also felt like he needed to help the pack in some way by finding new goods for them all. It was an introduction to a whole new culture itself, for those wolves who had yet to visit AniWaya, but also things to adore and admire.

A casual nod went to each girl as they gave their name, and

listened to their profession. It was strange to the traveling

merchant how such young girls could be scouts, when they still

needed looking after themselves, but he shrugged this off. Another

toothy, almost cocky-like grin adorned his muzzle when each girl

casually asked what he had to offer the AniWayans. He reached over

to his hip, where his lute was strapped, and unhitched it. Among

all the other things that framed him, Bangle always knew where his

instrument was. Bringing it towards his belt-laced chest, he

strummed it once before he began to speak in a sing-song voice.

"Ol' Bangle's got some freshly cured hides n' stitching

awls, plus some things that'd make yer skin crawl,"
he began,

strumming once after each pause. Pulling this stunt out of

nowhere, he continued. "Jewelry even yeh might like, some

sturdy as bone or shines like th' sky~"
Bangle winked, never

missing a beat to his made-up tune. "Flint arrowheads n' wooden

bowls, everythin' from fresh goat's milk ter ceremonial

skulls!"
The coywolf began to walk around the pair, the beat

becoming a bit more up-tempo. "Soft, plush furs sure t'

impress, or wooden beads for a fine necklace~"
As he said this, he draped a quick arm over Ayasha's shoulders, then removed it and continued to stroll around behind them. "Carved horns n' elk teeth, or a nice dagger fer yer sheath, come spring or fall - this gypsy's got it all!" A goofy grin, and another strum of the lute strings.

The up-tempo slowed down a bit, as Bangle finished his circling of the pair. "Now you've heard this song's intent, with this fine instrument. The question I ask of you on my hike.." A pause, as the coywolf stood in the place he began, in front of them. Leaning forward, he took an obvious breath. "You liiiiike?" Bangle's eyebrows wiggled, and the final, drawn out word led his fingers to do some fast strumming on the strings. Then he fell quiet, still beaming at the pair and awaiting their response.

But he wasn't silent for long, and Bangle realized the words that the young white woman said to him. He had seen the white woman when she passed by making her supply runs, and Bangle nodded feverishly. "'N I'm sure she's a great mother already t' yeh, lil' lass. Surely she'd surely know what t' trade fer another expecting female, eh?" He winked. "Though I don' doubt other AniWayans have som'n Cercatori'd be interested in."

<style type="text/css">
.banglelute b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-

spacing:1px; }
.banglelute .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-

family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.banglelute {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-

color:#6b0041; background-image:url

(http://i54.tinypic.com/20a73lx.png); background-position:top

center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000;

padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif;

font-size:12px; color:#fffca7; line-height:16px; letter-

spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sorin!
[/html]
When he gave his answer to their questions, Ayasha didn't quite expect him to start singing. But Bangle pulled out a lute and seemed to make up a song as he went. She was amazed that he could do that. She grinned as he listed off some of his wares, giggling as he circled the two of them.

She found especially funny when he casually draped an arm over her shoulders. She gently and playfully shrugged him off and grinned as he finished his song with a question. Your song or wares? She smirked. I think they're both a little shoddy. She teased him. Actually your song was great, though I have no idea about what you have.

About Ralla knowing what a pregnant wolf would like, she shrugged her shoulders. I wouldn't know. I think these are her first pups of her very own. I'm not her flesh and blood. She paused thoughtfully. Though we really could be. She turned her attention back to Bangle. If Foxglove agrees with me, I say you are more than welcome to come on to our land. She gave him a friendly smile while seeing if Foxglove agreed with her.