The Constant Variables
[html]
Dated for the 3rd. For Honey and James! 318

The travel time from Phoenix Valley to Anathema was not much, and Nayru found her mind to be completely empty as one foot fall after another brought her to their borders. Only upon arriving did her brain began to churn out ideas and images that had been slumbering perhaps, or at least sleepy and unwilling to make themselves known just moment prior. The lands were as she remembered, and the markings about the borders told her that Naniko still reigned as queen, which was a comfort to the piebald woman. The cold, stern woman gave an air that was discomforting at times, perhaps it was only that Nayru recognized in Naniko the cunning and calculating nature she herself possessed. Yet the lady had been kind to her and sent her home with gifts for Conors, gifts that she did not know if they had gotten passed onto Eclipse or taken wherever the man had gone. It did not matter. It was high time to return the deed and Nayru was prepared to do so.

Settling the bag at her feet she breathed in heavily. This would be the last true meeting and it was a relief. Still, there was one stop left to make after this and Nayru was more hesitant at the idea of that one than any other. It would be unwise to drag this one out longer than needed, but the urge lingered. Shaking away the idea she threw back her head, parting her ebony lips for what she presumed to be the last time until she settled back in Dahlia de Mai. Her called floated out, high pitched and lovely, a strange song meant for the ears of the leaders only but available to any who could answer her. That task accomplished she settled back on her heels, always alert and ready but prepared to wait and linger for as long as it took.

table by kahilli
[/html]
[html]
<3

There was only so much time in one day. Now that their borders had been expanded, it took more time from her schedule to walk them and be sure that every area was looked after. She had considered going easy on the part of the territory that surrounded the back side of the mountain or asking scouts to look after it, as it was harder to get to and not as many foreigners came from that direction, but had opted against the idea. She didn't want to leave any area unprotected or wind up with a canine inside their territory who did not belong.

So she walked...walked...walked. She was lucky to have Teddy there to help her with some of the marking and border patrol, but still did a large portion of it herself. She had grown up believing that if you wanted a job done right you had to do it yourself, so she still checked some areas that he had already gone over out of habit. Better to be safe than sorry...though now the pack had grown to such a size that she doubted any others would try to intrude or attack from neighboring lands as had happened in the past.

A howl caught her attention, and white feet stopped dead in their tracks. The voice was recognizable, and an image sprung into her mind of the black and white wolfess from Dahlia. What had her name been, though? Naniko thought about it on her way there, trying to dig the female's name from her past encounters. N something. N..."Nayru" The voice came from her tongue as soon as the bi-colored leader was in sight. "I'm surprised to see you out here. Is everything alright with Dahlia?" She inquired, concern knitting her brow.

<style type="text/css">
.nani22 {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/naniko.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#AFC4CC; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.nani222 {padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F57; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.nani22 b {color:#476571;}
.nani22 p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The woman came and Nayru bowed her head low to the white lady, so like and unlike the ghost from her dreams. "Naniko, greetings." Ruby eyes looked up to find the woman again, nodding easily at her question. "Yes, all is well. " And it wasn't really a lie. Although initially Nayru had taken poorly to Conor's departure, and the other had had less positive reactions as well, already she was settling into the role. It felt natural enough. "I have been made alpha of Dahlia de Mai, and I decided to finish what our previous leader had left undone."

This distribution of gifts was much easier than the ones before. Already Naniko had given Dahlia de Mai's leaders something, and so it was not strange that they should return the favor. Nayru had been but a messenger then, and she realize how with messengers communication could get lost through the transfer. She would be her own messenger now. Pulling open the sack she withdrew first the wine bottle, a token all the packs received, and then also the more thoughtful item, the bracelet she crafted with three onyx stones, space equally apart. The black leather cord was thin but tough, with small bone beads stopped at certain intervals. The three small onyx stones were dotted by the tiny bone beads, each one only a little bigger than a grain of rice and so white they were unrecognizable as cartilage.

"Dahlia brings you wine, as a token of future good will, and also this." She held out the adornment, hoping that it was not too exotic a present. The dream woman had been the one to suggest the each stone for each pack, and Nayru wondered if this was not simply her subconscious. The cool, collected energy the onyx stones seemed to have was the very same Nayru remembered Naniko having. It seemed fitting.

table by kahilli
[/html]
[html]
:33

As soon as she heard that the other pack was doing well, her mind set to a different task. Figuring out why Nayru was here. She was a calculating wolf herself, not making a gesture or speaking to another without first thinking about why she ought to do one thing or another. Quiet and thoughtful much of the time, the female simply listened as the other told her of her reason for treading near Anathema's borders.

If she could afford to leave the pack alone to come all the way to Anathema to deliver this gift, then Dahlia had to be doing very well. This was good to hear. Naniko's own pack had been growing with the times, and she often wondered if she ought to promote another wolf to help her with the day to day duties that a leader oversaw. With this many members, it didn't make sense not to promote someone else. She would have to speak with Theodore on it, though...she made no decisions without first consulting him first. She would have to take his judgements into consideration when making her own choice.

She nodded deeply in acceptance of the gifts that Nayru offered her. Nyx had once shown her onyx stones of her own before, so Naniko did know what the beads that adorned the bracelet were made of. At the time she had hoped that she would someday possess a stone with the same dark beauty as the ones that her pack member had shown her. "I don't know what to say. Congratulations on your promotion, and I hope that it came under good circumstances. We have been dealing with the loss of my sister, and these gifts mean much to me. The three stones on that bracelet make me think of my two sisters and I...though one is now walking the realms of the Creator, I know that she is always with me. Thank you, Nayru."

She felt the urge to give the woman something in return for such a precious gift, but had nothing on her but her daggers and fire-starting kit. "I will come to visit you in your lands sometime soon. I am sure that Anathema and Dahlia could be of service to each other in the future if such a situation arose. Your wolves will be welcomed within my caves if your pack should ever find themselves in danger." She promised. Someone who treated her well would be treated equally well in return, this she would make sure of.

<style type="text/css">
.nani22 {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/naniko.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#AFC4CC; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.nani222 {padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F57; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

pfft...

A lot had happened in the last few days, that was for sure. Things had happened between him and Demi- the first apology that lead to more steamier situations. Demi had lived with him since that day, as a sort of 'girlfriend' that was neither mate nor plaything. She was his, and he supposed that he was hers to. But at that point, none of them had managed to admit their actual feelings. That had kind of been blown apart since the bear attack. Seeing her in so much pain, writhing on the floor with blood pouring from her had drawn out a rage in the warrior male that he was certain had never happened before. Both of them suffered injuries from the bear- Demi was suffering from broken and battered ribs, a cut to the back of her head and various other minor injuries that joined to make the appearance of a seriously battered female. He himself was struggling to recover from the massive gash in his left thigh- the bear had caught him in its dangerous claws as he'd launched himself on its back.

They were recovering though, even if they hadnt seen one another in a few days. The scarier admission from the bear attack was his love for her. The fear and rage he felt towards the bear hurting Demi was enough to tell him his feelings were more than just interest. And he'd told her, had held her and rocked her softly, murmering softly in her ears that he loved her. He guessed that meant they were mates, even if he hadnt yet spoken to Naniko about her neice. Blue eyes were trained on the border from his vantage point higher up in the mountains as these thoughts raced through his mind, like they did whenever he was away from her. But he was Rakeeb jointly and he wasnt going to slack.

His vantage point, therefore, allowed him sole access to the exchange happening down at the borders. He saw the black and white female approach and he was tempted to go and greet her himself. But Naniko was quick on the mark and Teddy watched as gifts were exchanged. He couldnt hear what was going on, but it was kind of obvious. A peace greeting. He supposed he should be there. Slipping his bow over his head and across his chest, Teddy leapt down from the hiding place and took a moment to walk down to greet them. Coming to a stop beside Naniko, Teddy tried charming. A small smile graced his lips and his eyes showed no sexual interest in the female, as they once would have done.

"Good day miss, Naniko. I'm Theodore Stone."

He spoke, not entirely wanting to hold up this meeting but knowing he should be there anyway. Waiting with his right thumb hooked into the joint of his bow, but in an entirely unthreatening pose, Teddy wondered where this female was from.

<style>
.theo-d21 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.theo-d21 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.theo-d21 b {color:#1A2724; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.theo-d21 {background-color:#95C2B8; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/theodore2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#486861; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 240px 0px; }
.theo-d21-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Short short >.<

Naniko gracefully accepted the gifts, and as the older woman spoke of her sister Nayru’s mind tried to float to memories of Farore and Din. Where was Din? Farore had surfaced, but Nayru wasn’t even sure if that was a positive thing or not. The black and white woman didn’t think that anything happened without reason and so Farore must be still residing in Dahlia de Mai for some reason or another. While she loved both her sisters, she wasn’t sentimental about them. Never had she felt separate from them, and even when Farore sprang out of the blue, it hadn’t surprised her. That Naniko was sentimental about her sister was touching, and Nayru bowed her head. "I am glad that my gift can serve such a noble purpose." Nayru had sentimental jewelry, from Gideon and Bris, but she had never given such a gift before.

Naniko spoke of returning the favor, but Nayru had not come with intentions of receiving. As Naniko offered the caves as a safe haven, Nayru smiled and bowed her head ”Dahlia is most grateful for such an offer, and if ever we can provide you assistance, please don’t be afraid to ask.” Although what assistance they could provide anyone was up in the air. They were too dispersed in their talents, each member. Some warriors, others healers, they were equipped for war and it was the one action Nayru wouldn’t take on the behalf of others most likely. She merely smiled and was grateful for the interruption of a male, turning to him with her cherry eyes. "Greetings Theodore Stone. I am Nayru of Dahlia de Mai. I was simply dropping off some gifts for Anathema." She bowed low to the man, cherry eyes averted.

table by kahilli
[/html]
[html]
Close pretty soon? Unless there's something else for them to do :3

She was grateful for the gifts that Nayru had given them. Normally Naniko did not immediately trust other canines, but something about Nayru gave her a good feeling. The female did not look to be as old or experienced as Naniko was, but the Angela expected that she was a good leader to her pack despite her younger age. She was certainly getting a good start on pack relations.

Teddy arrived and introduced himself to the Alpha Female, and Naniko nodded to him as he came to stand alongside her. "Good day, Teddy." She looked back to the outsider. "Teddy is my second-in-command here." Both leaders had now met the black and white female. "If you'd like somewhere to rest, you could follow us back. But I understand if you need to be getting on your way, back to your pack" She said.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]