[/html]
((Lonely thread looks lonely. ^^; And Tal is oblivious to others. LOL))

Tal laughed at his son. Liam had bounded forward into the little glade the white tail deer had been in. The boy was eagle, and had startled the deer. There was no hurry to catch something, though Tal did want to share a kill of some kind with the pack. Maybe he should find out where and if he could trade for a bow, like his mother had used at one time. Liam looked around in disappointment. "Daddy...I wanna deer. Why'd it run away?"

Tal smiled softly at his five month old son. "Liam, we're going to have to teach you to hunt properly." He sat on his haunches, scratching idly at his ear, then spoke again. "When your hunting, you have to go slowly. You have to be quiet." He nuzzled his son, his eyes laughing. "And to hunt a big animal like deer, you need to be bigger. Two wolves or more have an easier time bringing down a deer. Or one shifter...either in Secui or Optime form. But since we are in Lupus form, we hunt more naturally." He gave his son a smile. "Would you like to learn to hunt, Liam?"
Ya it was pretty lonely ^_^ thanks for the reply

Saxif had bounded for the deer, but she felt her distance was still too great. She had increased her speed and as she jumped over a log into the clearing the deer had been. Before she knew it though she was skidding to a halt, a pup and his father talking mere feet from her landing point. Instead of stopping gracefully like she had hoped her front paw dug into the ground throwing her body in a full front flip. This caused her to collide right into the side of the father.

With a harrumph and a yelp she lay on top of the side of the white wolf. Ouch. Was all she had uttered after a few seconds of slight pain. She laid her golden eyes upon the pup and tilted her head to the side. Did you scare my deer? Still upside down in her larger secui form her tongue lolls out amused by the predicament.

She looked to the older wolf she had accidently tackled. She hoped she hadn't hurt him, but by the expression he was giving her she had a feeling he was fine. She merely smiled and kicked her suspended feet to the side to roll off of him. She shakes off the residual pain, then faces the pair. My name's Saxif... Forgive me for the accidental assault. She bows politely in hopes to avoid a battle with the more than likely better experienced fighter. I should have been more aware.
((Err....don't mind Liam. He takes after his grandma. LOL))

He'd been startled by the Secui who tumbled into his side. His lips automatically curled back to threaten with fangs, his ears folding back, until he realized the secui was white furred, not black. Liam had danced backwards, away from the tangle of white limbs, his eyes wide. The secui was female, Tal realized, and she seemed to be amused by the predicament. She rolled off, and the male stood, testing his limbs for injuries. A few bruises, probably, but nothing major or lasting. He shook his body like he was shaking off water, then sat, listening to her words. He wanted to be stiff and proper, but her way of speaking was disarming, and he found himself smiling at her. He inclined his head politely, then spoke. "No harm done, Saxif. I am Tal, and this is Liam."

Liam eyed the female, then ran to his father's side, reassuring himself his dad was unhurt. He turned on the bigger female, his ears back. His voice, somewhere between child and teen, came out indignantly. "You should be more careful! You coulda hurt my dad."

Tal nudged his son gently. "Liam. Show respect. She apologized." The young boy glanced over his shoulder at his father and then sat, sulking. Tal returned his bi-colored gaze to the woman. "Sorry we scared your deer...Liam gets overexcited. I'm trying to teach him how to hunt, but he gets pretty eager."
WC: 319

Saxif chuckled at the young one’s strength to call out her oblivious actions. She bowed respectfully to the pup even as his father apologized for him. It’s quite alright I probably wouldn’t have caught it on my own anyway. It was in the end a fool’s mission. But I am glad to hear someone of your age is interested in the hunt. I myself am an aspiring hunter. She looked up at Tal and took notice to his eyes they were of unique shades. She smiled warmly at the older wolf.

The pair had made her miss her home and the sense of family. She had been wandering for a while. Sooner than she had thought she would find a home the next day. But for now she was happy to have made new friends. She suddenly lowered to the ground in the similar crawling stance she had been in stalking the deer. She looks at Liam. The trick is patience. She crawls forward slowly and silently, though the motion awkward she knew its effectiveness. She inched toward Liam. The next is positioning. To place yourself close without making yourself known. You should smell the deer but the deer should not smell you. She shifted to his side placing herself downwind. And you should always know where you want this deer to go. My plan was to lead it to a thick brush a mile away so it would be forced to slow. She stood up and smiled at the young one. Then it is all a matter of knowing where and when to strike. This doe was swift so I would have struck at its legs, to slow it down in case I missed its throat. It would have gained a lot of speed on me if I missed its throat. She turns her gaze back to the Tal. Or at least that is what I have been taught. Her tail wags lightly.
Liam watched the female curiously, lowering his body to mimic her movements. He inched forward, then toppled over suddenly as the unfamiliar movement got the best of him. He blinked awkwardly, shaking himself as his father had just moments ago. He looked suspiciously at her as if maybe she'd knocked him over. He stood, crossing back to his dad's side.

Tal listened to her plan. "It's a sound plan, Saxif." Seeing an opportunity to teach his son, he spoke again, quickly. "But how will we do it with the three of us?" He'd let the younger female take the lead. She was willing to help him teach his son, and maybe she'd teach him new tricks too. One could hope, at least.

Liam glanced at his dad, then back at the female. She had white fur...he supposed that meant she wasn't out to harm them. Only shadow wolves were bad wolves. He hadn't met any others who were mean that were any other colors. Black wolves were evil, though. It was a black wolf he had nightmares about, and it had been a black wolf who'd put the metal things in his dad's ear.
[html]

WC: 231 Forgive my slow response, it has been a crazy couple weeks and am slowly catching up.

Her smile glowed with excitement. That is the greatest part of the hunt, when you have a team. She felt honored that the older wolf would allow her to voice her strategy. She looked at the pup who seemed displeased with her. Now little one, the best way to hunt in a trio in this type of brush is more or less the same as alone. The difference is that two very brave and strong hunters await at the thick brush. They get the more important job, they get to pop out and end the prey. That is something I still have yet to experience. She exaggerated her excitement for the pup's entertainment.

There are other ways of course in a trio, some more fun than other but often the fun ones don't succeed as greatly. Like chasing the deer until you get a good strike, though fun often unsuccessful. So patience is key if you are looking to get food. She felt she was about to start rambling so she had looked up at the white father who seemed quite serene. She tilted her head in a youthful manner. What strategies are you familiar with? She would never miss an opportunity to discuss hunting with an older wolf. She felt oddly at ease in his presence, it was a feeling she was unfamiliar with when meeting someone new. She smiled softly.

<style type="text/css">
.saxiftribe-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.saxiftribe b {font-weight:bold; color:#5f3f28; letter-spacing:1px}
.saxiftribe p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.saxiftribe {margin:0 auto; background-color:#242912; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/34xpa49.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 510px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#787d64; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21241c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
Breakfast anyone?
WC: 238 have fun with it
[html]
Eclipse Breakfast

Date: Back-dated May 5, 2010

Time of Day: Early Morning

Character Form: Secui

Mood: Focused

Saxif had tracked her prey for a good hour. Her nose itched from following the trail for so long. She had finally happened upon a very fresh route of her new favourite meal in the area. She had lucked out finding scraps of a previous hunt of the same prey a few days earlier. They were left overs that had been being picked at by a fat raven. Her craving for more had her intrigued. Her hackles raised slightly from the excitement of the new trail. Her already fluffy cream neck made her seem larger than she was in this form. Nose sniffing the ground and her tail silently swished back and forth high in the air. She felt proud to be doing so well on her own, even if she hasn't successfully caught a prey as large as this one was.

Saxif had stalked her prey and had finally laid her golden eyes upon it. Alas we meet She whispered to herself. She quietly inched closer and fought every urge to chase that white tail of the grazing deer. Its head shot up suddenly. She had not made a sound and was in prime position downwind. What alerted the beast? She had wondered. Her reaction had been swift; she bounded after the creature before it had a head start on her. What she hadn't realized that this would be the most interesting hunt of her short life.