in your multitude
[html]

300+

After a brief session of meditation, it was one of those days where Alae's soul felt wholesome and carefree. Upon her promotion in rank to Lehrer, Alae proved that her presence wasn't one in vain to the Dahlians. While the majority of Dahlia had yet to experience her true talent in holistic healing, aromatherapy, and incense making, the Sidhe was beginning to feel as if her decision upon coming here was fate in itself. Actually, her snowy owl companion, Kael, was the one that led the both of them here. Her flightily companion was a strange one, and didn't quite understand why the owl decided to hang around Alae more than he should have. Kael's wing was healed, and Alae allowed him to have as much free reign as possible. Still, Kael remained with her, either soaring ahead to lead her to the next adventure, or perched upon her shoulder, riding in content. Kael and Dahlia de Mai held some sort of connection, Alae believed. A mysterious connection she couldn't quite decipher.

The Sidhe was harvesting ground rodents by the borders today. While her own nutrition might have been withering away some from not participating in any large hunts as of lately, Kael needed to eat as capable as he was. Fit for a snowy owl as he, Alae decided to catch rodents for him in a sign of gratitude for him bringing her to Dahlia de Mai like he did. Whether or not Kael truly understood where he was bringing them both, Alae continued to take it as some enigmatic sign as such. Already had she trapped three rodents with the means of a mechanical trap found in Wolfville, and was searching for the next two victims. A little snack of a rodent would suffice for herself as well, as hunting rodents along the territory border seemed to be quite enjoyable for Alae. Kael was present, nestled upon a branch. It seemed there was a curious glint in his yellow eyes, observing what Alae was doing, but didn't say a word at all, as he usually didn't.

<style type="text/css">
.triskele b {font-weight:bold; color:#9A7B36; letter-spacing:1px; }
.triskele .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.triskele p {text-indent:25px; padding:2px 20px; margin:0px;}
.triskele {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c7be8a; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/119rz2s.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid gray; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#7B6F53; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Roran had been on his way to the pack but had gotten a little distracted when he came upon a herd of deer. He had crouched low and had waited for them to come closer, then blasting from the grass he raced towards them, his strong legs carrying him quickly towards them. Almost before they knew what was going on, he had launched himself onto the back of a large buck.

He latched on tightly to the creatures neck and clawed at its side to stay on its back, with a quick twist of his head Roran broke the deer's neck and it collapsed to the ground dead. He smiled to himself and climbed off, his breathing was even and his fur was stained red on his face from the blood. He looked around seeing that all the other deer had left.

He remembered why he had come and quickly sniffed to make sure he hadnt crossed the border, he smiled ~Still just outside it~ He thought to himself and looked down at his meal. "Well, no need to meet a stranger without offering something to eat" He said outloud with a laugh. He composed himself and thew his head back, letting out a loud long howl of greetings and offering of food. After sustaining the howl for a few long seconds, he stopped and took a deep breath.

He didnt want to start eating until whomever might be near got there so he simply sat down and rubbed his nose on the ground, getting the blood off of his white fur. He stopped and looked around, suddenly realizing that he smelled a Luperci barely across the border, he couldnt help but smile to himself at the prospect of someone being so close to his current position.
[html]

Sorry for the delay! 300+

Collecting an assortment of rodents for both the Lehrer and Kael to eat as a snack for later in the day, a sudden howl lifted her agouti ears and her sky blue eyes to the skies. Kael also heard this owl, his neck turning swiftly in the direction of the call, yellow eyes searching among the foliage. Alae casted a look toward Kael before her muzzle gently motioned for the snowy owl to follow to the source of the call, and Kael obliged silently by lifting from his perch and taking to the skies above the canopy. The visitor at the borders would not be able to see the snowy owl pass over him, for Kael concealed himself quite well from a branch in a shady tree, but was able to take post by spying on the visitor from his position. A few minutes later, Alae arrived to the visitor.

The breeze passed along the pack scent, the masculine scent, and the scent of a fresh kill from this visitor veiled in white. Observing the visitor straying along Dahlia's borders, he was certainly large, but quite streamlined for his size and structure. Telling by the way he presented himself, there was no immediate threat or apprehension to waft from him. Settling her most recent kill of a rodent in her leather-bound pack, her ears flexed forward as Alae approached him, stopping at a comfortable distance between the two. "Hello, these are the borders of Dahlia de Mai. I heard your call not too far away; what can I do for you today?" Alae asked in a simple and sweet tone, tilting her head to the side some in question. She was no border patrol of the pack, but figured if visitors showed a friendly ambience about themselves, then such an ambience would be returned in kind gesture.

<style type="text/css">
.triskele .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.triskele {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c7be8a; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/119rz2s.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid gray; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#7B6F53; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
He saw something on the edge of his vision but ignored it, likely just a curious bird or some such creature. He laid there waiting for anyone to show up, and smiled widely and stood when the female arrived. Upon her asking what she could help him with he simply shrugged. "Well, i have come to learn about your pack, that, and since i likve having company for a meal, i thought perhaps whomever greeted me would like to share in my kill" He says.

His grin looked like it would rip his face in half, and his tailed wagged wildly at the prospect of a new friend. Though he was very large, and held the rank of Nuncio, he was still only barely a year old, and still quite playful and fun loving.
[html]

Awaiting his reasoning on approaching the Dahlian borders, it would be known he was a curious outsider looking to know more about the dynamics of Dahlia de Mai. To add to that, there was also a successful kill he brought down and wanted to share his meal with whoever approached him first along the borderline. He seemed to be pretty excited to get to know a little more about Dahlia, and by his enthusiastic expression, Alae would be more than happy to assist him with that.

There was a wide grin of her own spreading across her muzzle, and her tail swayed behind her in good nature. Very thoughtful of him to want to share his success of his kill and want to learn more about other packs, Alae was beaming with gratitude. "Thank you ever so much for wanting to share. I've been rodent trapping along the borders, and I must say your kill sounds a lot more appetizing than measly mice." Alae replied with a light laugh on the end. Her muzzle tossed behind her shoulder, motioning him to approach closer into territory bounds. "Come. I'll share with you what you'd like to know. My name is Alae, by the way. My companion friend over there is Kael in the trees, but he won't bother us." Alae said, tossing her muzzle again to Kael barely concealing himself among leaves.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
He nods his head as she thanked him for wanting to share, and telling him that she had been going after rodents. As she motioned him further into the pack lands, he clamped his jaw around the deer's neck and pulled it towards the border and into the territory.

He dropped the deer when he was barely past the border and looked up at the friend she had spoken of, he smiled. "Well, greetings little one" He says, his smile looking like it would split his face. He looked at her. "And its no problem, i enjoy sharing with strangers, and my name is Roran Wolfe" He says as he laid down lazily next to his kill.
[html]

Seeing as how her pale hued guest was dragging the carcass of his kill through the territory borders, it wouldn't be in her nature not to offer to help him out with bringing it in. Then again, it seemed like he was fairly strong enough to haul it in on his own, but Alae felt genuinely bad for not offering any assistance sooner. "I'll help you along the rest of the way, if you want me to. It must be a little heavy for you." Alae suggested, seeing as how there was plenty to see yet in Dahlia de Mai beyond the borders, she didn't want her visitor to be hauling the carcass around just by himself (especially if it was a gesturing gift to Dahlia).

They barely traversed a little ways over the border when her pale visitor caught sight of Kael in the trees. The snowy owl simply gleamed at him from his perch, not responding in any way to his greeting except for ruffling his feathers some. "Kael can't speak, as far as I know. But I'm sure he doesn't mind yourself here." Alae said, observing the owl from afar. Settling down next to his kill, perhaps it would make sense to eat some of his gift and lighten the load before exploring more of Dahlia de Mai. He offered his name as Roran, as Alae gracefully fell to sit cross-legged across from him. "Roran. Tell me a little about yourself first. What pack do you come from?" Alae said, tilting her head in question. Her eyes also roved over the kill, feeling herself salivate, but didn't want to be rude in taking the first sliver of meat.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
He shook his head when she offered to help. "No, i can get it, i haven't been working this long to be tired out by a deer" He says firmly. In truth, the dead deer was barely a burden, he had spent much time dragging fallen trees and other items to strengthen himself, so he was farely confident that he could handle a deer.

He nodded when she said that the owl could not speak. "Well, we might not know it, but all forms of life have their own forms of communication, we just dont know their language" He says with a smile, glancing at the owl as it ruffled its feathers. "Like that, that could mean something, and we would have no idea what" He states. He looked at her and caught a small glimpse of her watering mouth. He laughed and nodded to it. "By all means, eat what you like" He says, his smile was kind and friendly.
[html]

300+

Declining the need for assistance with the deer, Alae nodded in acknowledgement and understanding to Roran. There was no qualms with another attempting to better their own personal strength and effort when they turned away a favor to be assisted. Roran's voice was confident in himself that he could handle a mere deer, which reflected his energy of youth and spirit. It appeared he was already strong willed as is, for as young as Roran appeared to be, he was able to have run down the deer he caught.

Roran explained all animals had their own means of communication with one another. Alae certainly didn't doubt that. "I agree. Sometimes it's easier to read the physicality's than anything that is verbal. It is what our ancestors as just Lupus, or wolves, used to do before language even crossed our tongues." Alae explained, further pondering what the ruffling of the snowy owl's feathers could signify. It was even stranger to think the history of Luperci and their own ancestors; wolves in the wild, without voices or words to speak, only relying on body language and small sounds their voices could make. What a strange world it would be if that was the way things were now.

Alae grinned as bent to tear at a fine sliver of flesh. The smell and taste was absolutely intoxicating, as she could feel her inner instinct begin to hungrily devour the meat she savored. Her tongue instantly licked away at the aftertaste of her lips, hungering for more but taming her instinct to immediately go at whatever she could attain. "So, what pack do you come from Roran? Care to share a little about where you come from and who you are?" Alae repeated once again, not certain if Roran didn't hear her question the first time.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He listened to her speak and nodded his head in understanding. Indeed how odd it must have been, so little verbal communication, having to rely mostly on body language and movements of the physical being. He agreed. What would it have been like to only be able to use small noises and howls and barks. He thought to himself, it would have been difficult for any current wolves and Luperci to go through that.

He smiled as she began to eat, and laughed lightly when she controlled her urge for more. As he listened to her questions and smiled at her curiosity. Well, i come from Pheonix Valley, where i hold the rank of Nuncio, or ambassador. It is my job to know about the other packs, and keep tabs on their current activities. I beleive that my natural curiosity and cheerful attitude where a key part to me getting the rank at such a young age. He says as he laughed lightly. And if you wish to eat more, then by all means eat, do not let me stop you.

<style type="text/css">
.roran-travel b {font-weight:bold; color:#735b28; letter-spacing:1px; }
.roran-travel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.roran-travel p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.roran-travel {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#d4c3b6; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/z9UZw.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#957466; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

This got longer than I thought. o_o 625

True, their species evolved many times over since the days of the virus struck their genes. It could have been considered a gift or even a curse, but surely Alae knew the humans didn't know what they created until every single one was extinct. Here they were now, genetic modifications of a different species on Earth. They still adapted to their natural forms their ancestors took, but also gained the powers and gifts of what the humans left behind. There was a reason why Alae seldom shifted into Lupus only when it was absolutely important to do so. To her, Lupus was highly sacred to herself and her kind back home. Roran spoke of how odd the lifestyle could be, and Alae couldn't agree more. There was so much potential in the forms they've adapted to, why would they revert back to something so simple and considered obsolete in this day and age? "Yes, it's strange. I rarely shift into Lupus because of it. Not only because we're so vulnerable and limited, but it's a sacred part of us that should be respected as such." The Sidhe made it a point it was spiritual of her to shift to Lupus, and understood why others might have felt a different reasoning for it.

Roran provided information that he was from Phoenix Valley. Phoenix Valley immediately reminded Alae of her encounter with the lovely male singer she met not too long ago in a neutral territory, Ookami. Surely Roran knew who Ookami was, being they were from the same pack, but decided to save the question for later as Roran further explained his rank in Phoenix and the reasoning of why he came to the Dahlian borders in the first place. It was interesting to hear all the different names of ranks other packs held, Roran's being Nuncio for being something of a messenger for Phoenix Valley. Alae seemed to agree that Roran certainly held the attributes to fit that title, and nodded to such. "I agree you fit the bill for Nuncio. Since it is your responsibility to keep up with the news, you're in luck since we've just held a pack meeting." There was much to divulge to Roran about Dahlia's happenings, but of course wasn't going to go into too much detail to give too much away.

Before any shared information could be said, Roran noticed Alae holding back from becoming too gluttonous from his kill. Roran was generous in his offering as he provided more, to which Alae laughed gently and waved him off. "I appreciate it, I guess i'll take a few more bites here and there." Slicing off a sliver of meat with the razor sharp claws in her hands, the Sidhe chewed on it thoughtfully as she ran over what to share in her mind from Dahlia's last pack meeting. "As far as what's going on here, we're currently renovating our packlands. We've recently began clearing our vineyards to produce bottled wine once again, so we'll have goods to trade in the future with your pack for any in return." Alae said, an excited lilt in her tone. She couldn't wait for the production of wine to share with anyone who was curious enough to taste it. "And we're shaping up a lot of the human structures left behind in Wolfville as much as we can. A recent storm destroyed some docks and ruins, so we've been diligent on repairing those as best as we could." Alae explained, and that was pretty much the main prerogatives of Dahlia so far. "What's been going on over at Phoenix Valley?" Alae asked in return, for she was just as curious to know of any big happenings in Roran's neck of the woods.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]