>> The small print
For the past few months she been wandering without a decided destination. The only thing that guided her was a desire to find somewhere to call home, even if she wasn't sure herself what that was. The forest around her was like a a cage of bending trees and its floor was softened by a cushion of grass and the occasional shrub. Her dainty paws found the landscape comforting compared to the rockier terrain of the mountains that bordered this green sanctuary, and her emotions were soothed from the maternal presence it created within her. It was the forest after all that had raised her, not this one in particular, but it was still similar. Antiquity's nose dipped towards the ground and she sniffed carefully, her ears pulling back behind her head as foreign scents began to flow in. It was a scent marking, she had concluded, and it seemed recent. She had discovered someone's borders.

Her metallic pelt bristled as she sat upon her haunches and tucked her tail around her thin form. She was in a difficult situation where at the moment she had the upper hand. She was a orphan by fate, not choice, which caused her to live a life of mostly loneliness. However, lately she had been pondering if that was what she really wanted her life to be like or if she wanted to join the company of others and break away from isolation. Her brow furrowed with indecisiveness which was expressive even in her Lupine form, the form that she had embraced the most during her life. She could wait for the pack to patrol its borders, which didn't seem like it would take long due to the recent marking, or she could turn back and leave like nothing had happened. She gave a deep exhale as her light blue-green eyes burned into the imaginary line that sealed off the pack's territory. She was respectful and cautious enough to know not to cross it.
[html]
Welcome! Your writing is beautiful, by the way Smile

Their mountain home was now surrounded by a sufficient amount of forest hunting grounds. When she had first come to found the pack, the Angela had wondered if their cave home would be as much of a benefit as it was proving to now be. There were few animals living in the caves for them to hunt and it had been mid-winter; the mountains had been nearly devoid of life. Back then they had only owned a small portion of the forest around the mountain, the pack only large enough to claim a strip of it. But they had grown.

The female stood shifted in her optime form as usual, her weapons-belt around her waist the only item of clothing that she wore. She was making her normal rounds of their expanded border and was paying sharp attention to the details of her surroundings. A scent made the leader's head rise; it was foreign, unlike that of any of the neighboring packs. She walked with a little more haste, hind feet taking her toward the source. She was not overly friendly in her greeting, her gravelly voice addressing the other. "You need something, outsider?"

<style type="text/css">
.nani22 {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/naniko.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#AFC4CC; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.nani222 {padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F57; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.nani22 b {color:#476571;}
.nani22 p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]
Thank you! It's nice to meet you. Smile

The faint sound of buzzing locusts caused the female's ears to twitch irritatedly as she rested upon the soft carpet of green, her eyes only lazy half-open slits. Antiquity didn't possess the virtue of patience but she was trying her best to for a shot at a better future. It had been a few hours since she had stumbled upon a pack's invisible, yet clearly marked borders, and she was hoping to catch one of its members on patrol. She could howl of course, but it seemed like it would cause a chaotic scene more than a welcoming one. First impressions stick after all, and she didn't want to set a bad precedent.

As the sounds of the forest began to merge together in one unanimous tune her sleepy trance was broken by a disturbance across the imaginary line. She arose from the ground with a sense of urgency leaving her muted fur disheveled and slightly bristled. Her blue-green eyes eyed the forest cautiously as a white figure emerged. It was a wolf in optime form, a belt of weapons hugged her waist and her fur was as flawless as untainted snow. Antiquity's head lowered slightly, her nose dipping towards the ground in acknowledgment. The difference in size was quite drastic, but Antiquity was also in her lupine form which she had always felt most comfortable in. The female's voice seemed without aggression but also filled with authority, which Antiquity respected. Her maw twisted into a friendly smile but as she spoke her eyes remained low, "I am Luperci such as yourself, I hope my looks are not deceiving." Her tone was light and friendly, an attempt at conversation which was foreign to her. "My name is Antiquity, are you the leader of this pack?"
[html]
^_^ you too!

The pelt that had helped her hunt and blend in during the winter months was now proving to be more of a hindrance in summer; she stuck out amongst her surroundings. She didn't mind the heat but preferred the cold most of all. If one were too chilly they could don an item of clothing or find a blanket or fur to cover up with..but when out on patrol, this heat was inescapable. The caves stayed at a decently cool temperature even during the hottest days, providing a better and more relaxing environment for one to relax in after a hard day's work.

Naniko had gained a few traits from her father Roman, his large size and his and jade eyes. The eyes weren't something that gained or lost her anything in the lupine world, but her body size was. She had always been big, even as a pup, and tipped the scales in height as an adult. She hoped that her height would make her seem slightly more intimidating, and tried to project that idea. A little intimidation, subtle or not, could help her in some situations. The Angela wasn't much of a fighter, and it was best that others were scared away by her appearance so that she wouldn't have to confront them.

"Naniko D'Angelo. Some prefer one form over the other, I understand...I believe, you, Antiquity. I find this one more useful for my daily tasks. I am indeed the leader of this pack; do you have business with someone inside Anathema?" Her words were not forced, nor were they overly friendly yet. "I appreciate that you stayed beyond our borders while you waited; I take it as a sign of goodwill." She commented.

<style type="text/css">
.nani22 {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/naniko.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#AFC4CC; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.nani222 {padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F57; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.nani22 b {color:#476571;}
.nani22 p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]