Dreams of flying
[html]

~Optime form~ Alrighty here we go. ~Word Count 360~

Mabu looked on at the huge structures before her. She frowned, confused for a second at what this facility had been used for. Thinking for a second, a light seemed to go off in her head as she remembered the stories she use to read from salvageable books she found and her mentor’s explanations. This had once been an airport? Where others had once used great contraptions to fly like birds? Mabu began to feel giddy at finding such a place and began to glance around to see where she would explore first.

Even though Mabu had been in cities before, she hadn’t ever been in one of the larger ones to see an airport. Most of the cities she had scavenged in had been “small towns” and never had an airport. Deciding to tread further in, she was rather eager to see what she could find. Maybe she would find some cool things to trade with or maybe even keep. Walking through the tall grasses, Mabu kept her eyes out for anything particularly nasty. These old structures were usually littered with dangerous debris, snakes, and weaken structures. So she really would have to be careful so as to not agitate whatever was left of the structure of these buildings.

It was times like this, exploring, that she remembered her mentor, companionship at its best. Those were the times she hadn’t traveled alone. Times she had someone to talk to, joke wish, and care for. Now Mabu loved helping others, it’s what she lived for…but she also missed the companionship of other canine. She sometimes even began to consider joining a pack, but she…was holding back. Her first pack, the one she had been born to had been wiped out by disease, leaving her the only survivor. Her mentor had also been pack to her, a surrogate father that taught her everything he knew, he too had passed on. She feared that if she joined a local pack, she’d loose them too some way or another. Oh how she wished she had her mentor with her now. She could use someone to talk to as she explored this new area.

<style type="text/css">
.mabuleaf-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.mabuleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#a79c62; letter-spacing:1px}
.mabuleaf p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.mabuleaf {margin:0 auto; background-color:#b9eec0; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2h4dedl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#587563; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #81a37b; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC:397 Saxif is in Optime form. I'm excited to see what we find ^_^

Saxif had noticed the tall tower when she was enjoying her meal; a small rabbit that had happened across her path. She had reacted quickly and chased the small creature. It was awkward to hunt in her Optime form she much preferred her Secui form for hunting quick creatures. With the lucky throw of a stone she had scooped up she had a nice snack awaiting her. As she had eaten the carcass and left bits for any small scavenger around she set her sights on that tower.

She had bounded in her two legged form, for quite some time before reaching a cross linked fence. She sighed deeply after seeing no entrance through the fence on either side. In the distance she could see large geometric structures overgrown with vines. Across the near empty span of stone there were large dead bird shaped things. Her curiosity won over safety so she had begun her climb. She had seen her uncle climb a tree before and tried to mimic the movement. She grabbed high on the fence and placed her toes in the bottom links of the fence. It had hurt her feet but she endured. Once she succeeded in making it to the top she tried to put her feet on the other side. She failed and ended up falling to the solid ground. With a small yelp she felt quite regretful until she realized she could explore this interesting place. She jumped up and shook off the remainder of her pain along with the dirt on her cream fur and bounded toward the large tree like tower.

She had stopped at one of the moss covered planes. She touched the cool metal surface that she exposed with her pale slender fingers. She grinned at the odd feel of it. She had glanced back at the tall tower for a moment but turned her gaze to a pale figure in the distance. She focused on the wolf gingerly making their way through the tall grass near the structures. She wondered for a moment if she should leave the wolf alone. Then thought about the ones she had met so far and quickly let out a single bark. The bark was friendly, letting the other know of her presence. She had headed toward the wolf with a light canine smile on her face and tail wagging softly behind her.
[/html]
[html]

~w.c. 360~Hopefully something awesome. ^^.

Mabu was wading through the tall grasses when she heard a bark. Not a warning bark or an aggressive bark, it sounded like a friendly one. Looking around the area, Mabu quickly spotted a cream colored figure heading her way over from the large metal birds, which she believed had once been called…planks? Plards? Pains? No …planes! Shaking her head from her mild word toss, she minutely frowned that she hadn’t noticed the other. Was she that lost in thought again?

Looking closely at the newcomer, she could see that there was a smile on the other’s face and her tail was wagging quite happily. She didn’t have any bad feelings from her instincts so it didn’t take long for Mabu to decide that the other wolf was friendly and meant her no harm. Quickly barking a clearly friendly bark back, Mabu waved and began to wade her way over to the other female wolf.

It didn’t take long for Mabu to reach the other female, a huge smile on her face. Mabu was always amazed at the friendliness of all the canine she had met thus far. Before when she had roamed the Great Plains, not many were all that friendly. Some were outright hostile. Even scavenging was becoming harder there, due to packs claiming fertile scavenging ground as their territory. When Mabu had traveled here, she hadn’t expected so many to be friendly. She had hoped, but one could never be too sure. Mabu honestly thought it was a nice change. Besides she always enjoyed making new friends.

“I didn’t see you earlier. Sorry if I disturbed you. I was just about to go see if there is anything left to scavenge here.” Mabu said with a small chuckle and then she continued with a smile still on her face. “My names Mabu, Mabu Alpma.” Mabu then wondered if perhaps the other female would like to join her? Scavenging tended to be more successful with more than just one person. Besides it would give her a companion to talk to. However she decided to wait a second so she didn’t throw everything at once at the other female.

<style type="text/css">
.mabuleaf-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.mabuleaf {margin:0 auto; background-color:#b9eec0; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2h4dedl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#587563; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #81a37b; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC:227

She was relieved to hear the pleasant bark. Her guess had been right and knew this wolf was approachable. As the wolf returned a smile she couldn't help but to feel as though she were approaching a long time friend. She had to keep herself from invading the new wolf's space as though she were. So as they neared one another she kept at a comfortable distance. As the wolf introduced herself as Mabu, Saxif felt this would be a great day.

"Good day Mabu, I am Saxif Goldenfeather. And no you weren't disturbing me, in fact I thought I might be disturbing you. I have just come upon this place because I was curious about that." Saxif gestured with her claws toward the observation tower. She paused for a moment to stare at the great structure. She wondered if it was climbable or just there to see like the trees in the woods."You wouldn't happen to know what it is? Looks like a big tree to me." Curiosity seemingly seeped from her core, her tail swayed softly from the excitement of this new territory and her new friend. She studied Mabu, admiring her tawny marks as though placed on her by a divine hand. Her eyes were beautifully colored. In the few seconds of her last question she asked another. "What were you hoping to find?"
[/html]
[html]

~W.C.313~

Mabu looked at the huge structure Saxif was curious about. Wracking her brain, she guessed it was some sort of tower. Humans had once built towers all over the world and so it was most probably that. Maybe it had something to do with the huge metal birds the old ones were so fond of. “I believe it’s some sort of tower. Probably has something to do with the huge metal birds the old ones had used for travel. How they used them for travel, I have no clue.” Mabu had always wondered about that. How could these metal birds fly? They weighed a lot and as far as she could see, they couldn’t flap their wings. Mabu knew that if a sparrow weighed that much it couldn’t much less leave the ground let alone fly great distances. The sparrow probably couldn’t even walk if it both couldn’t flap its wing and weighed a ton. These planes were such strange creations, Mabu knew they would be a head ache to even contemplate the hows and whys for long.

Turning back to look at Saxif she smiled at the next question her new companion asked. Mabu thought of all the neat things one could discover by scavenging in these places. Some were neat little rift raft things, some could even be for good uses but rare to find, some things were good for trading, some could be new things undiscovered and be a great help to all canine, luperci in general.“I was hoping to scavenge some things. Clothes, books, good trading items…general stuff like that. You never know what you can find in these places….say would you like to join me? Two could find more stuff than just one. You can keep what you find.” Mabu said with a smile. Plus they could keep each other company. Mabu liked having friends to converse with.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 232 Ooo… the kind of things could be found in an airport… yay.

A tower… She had whispered to herself as Mabu spoke. Her gaze drifted to the dead birdlike thing. Her mind tried to put together the connection between the two. She figured probably best not to, she already didn’t understand so much about these lands. She thought for a moment opening her mouth for another question before Mabu spoke again cutting her thoughts to the white wolf’s question. Saxif smiled again I would be honoured to join you on your quest. Her formality a common trait from her upbringing. I would also love to hear about the old ones. I think I know to what you are referring. My grandmother often spoke of creatures that died long before my time. She had so few stories about them. She gestured for the wolf to lead the way, she felt she knew too little about these old structures to be entrusted with leading.

Saxif was kind of filled with a youthful giddiness before they set off on their trek. There were new scents to sniff, new things to touch and new sights to see. It always lifted her spirits high. Her tail wagged with excitement from the approaching adventure. And for once she was not in it alone. She had a new friend and a guide to learn from. This was going to be a good day for the pair, she knew it would.

[/html]
[html]

~W.C. 415~ No kidding.

Mabu began to make her way to the buildings near the tower, she would start there first. Thinking about the Old Ones Mabu had a few tales. Mostly what she gained about them was acquired through books and old stories from her mentor. Looking at her young friend, she smiled. “I know a little bit about them. Not much, but I will share with you what I know. The Old One use to be a vast, long lived people. We could all but consider them immortal if you compared their life spans with ours. They could live anywhere from 5 to 10 of our lifetimes. However they could be killed like any other. My mentor never really explained to me why or how, but he said it was their own doing that caused them their deaths. Anyway the Old Ones had created all of this strange…technology, using them for things that would never seem possible to us. I believe the canine as a race have only began to scratch the surface of this mystery.” Mabu could tell more, but she didn’t want to overwhelm Saxif.

Continuing on ahead, her steps soft and graceful, she looked back and couldn’t help but notice Saxif’s pretty eyes. She hadn’t seen many with that golden sheen to them. “Not many do know much about the Old Ones…I only know this much from books I’ve found and read.” She had been taught to read by her mentor. It hadn’t been easy, but she could easily read a book as if it were like drinking fresh water now. She had so many things to thank her mentor for. If he hadn’t taught her anything, she doubted she would have made it as a loner.

It wasn’t long before Mabu neared one of the buildings, the door that she was currently looking at was rusted and long unused. Gently twisting the knob, she silently hoped that it didn’t break off into her hand. When she turned it all the way, she tugged and the door with a little force and it opened. However as it opened all the way it fell of the hinges and clanked against the wall. Noticing the building didn’t even shuffle at that, she decided that it was sturdy enough to enter without worry for danger. Looking back at Saxif, she gave the other a warm smile.“You ready? Just be careful. The structure seems sturdy enough, but I wouldn’t test it too much.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 363

Saxif watched as Mabu carefully opened the door and started at the fall of it. She chuckled silently. Her amusement ended when they had stepped with in. Her jaw dropped at the sight. The inside was a massive hollow structure. She had expected cave like passages but the wide open space of the place had her in awe. A chunk of crumbling stone fell in the distance off a seemingly suspended level; it was a sign of its age and instability. Looked up at the long tubes that seemed to keep the roof in place, parts of it had fallen in giving them rays of light to see within. Her excitement grew but she knew she had to keep herself calm. This place was not safe to run about within. She would have to allow her curiosity to only reach a certain level. She sniffed the dry dusted air and smiled. These creatures known as the old ones to Mabu must have been amazing. What a sight this place must have been. In its desecrated state it looked amazing to her. Her tail had wagged with a sudden quickness. [/i]What would she see next that would top this sight?[/i]

This place is amazing. She informed Mabu as they moved on. She wanted to touch everything they had passed but was nervous to do so. She didn’t know what was safe and what was not. She studied one of the objects that were left more intact than the most of many in rows. She poked the disintegrating surface of cloth and plush materials. The shape seemed odd to her but she tilted her head and noticed the familiar grooves. She turned her back to it and carefully sat on the object, her behind seemed to fit nicely as she leaned more into it. She smiled but then there was a creak and a snap. Her feet flew in the air as she fell on her back. She laughed a moment and hoped the crash hadn’t upset the structure. There must have been a lot of the old ones in this place. These things seem like gathering stones. She raised her hand toward Mabu.

[/html]
[html]

~W.C. 277~

Mabu watched as her friend turned her curiosity to the…chair. Chuckling softly as Saxif discovered that the chair was weak the hard way, Mabu reached down and took her hand to help pull her up. The building hadn’t even trembled at the disturbance. Turning to see what she could find, she noticed another area that had those shiny, but very sharp and clear shards littering the floor. She had seen walls of the stuff in other places and it was so easy to shatter. She thinks her mentor referred to it as glass? She really wasn’t sure. Turning to Saxif, she pointed at the shining shards on the floor.“Be careful of those clear shards there. They’re really sharp and hurt. That looks like another area behind it so just be careful.” Mabu really didn’t want her to end up injured because she hadn’t properly warned her. The pain those shards caused is something that she had found out the hard way.

Carefully sidestepping the shards, Mabu found that it wasn’t as widespread as she had previously believed. It wasn’t long before she entered the area behind the clear shards and the once wall and discovered a room that had a mess of assorted things. Some clothing, mugs, and some other things she really could name at the moment, however she wasn’t sure if the condition of the items were any good. That’s the bad part about scavenging, finding things that are still in decent shape. Looking at the wall, she noticed an old, crooked, faded sign that said souvenir…shup…whatever that was. Shrugging, she smiled at Saxif. “Many of this stuff it probably useless and damaged but we can check to see it there is anything worth taking before we continue on.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
WC: 508 Too lazy for my table lol but check out that word count ^_^

She shook her fur as she stood and listened intently to Mabu’s advice. She followed her around the shards that sparkled as they shifted around them. They’re quite pretty. Though she knew all too well how pretty things could be dangerous. She had once had an encounter with thin ice. The bubbles underneath a seemingly invisible layer that reflected the sun like a sheet of light… it had attracted her to it in the first place. Her mother often blamed that moment of her life to have made her so strange compared to them. Though her grandmother told her she was strange to begin with and to be proud of it. She missed her grandmother. She had been a great inspiration and a support to Saxif. When she lost her it was as though she lost the rock that kept her tethered to her home. As she came back from that moment of distractive thinking as Mabu spoke. She realized they had come upon a place of many interesting items.

Her excitement built and she shifted back and forth slightly. She wanted to sniff everything but kept herself at bay. Got to keep safe and cautious here She internally reminded herself. She carefully touched things and sniffed them; everything seemed to have lost its scent from age. She frowned. Everything smells almost the same. This place is so old. She looked upon the shelves of much broken ceramics. She carefully picked up a cylinder shaped item with a funny loop. She would’ve thought it a cup if it didn’t have that loop. She tilted her head. She wrapped a few of her fingers through the handle and smiled. Genius… it won’t slip. She raised the cup to Mabu’s face to show her discovery. Saxif knew she had to have this. The strange markings on the cup seemed to have a stiff flying bird on it but she was unsure as the paint seemed to be fading into the light color of the cup’s base. She held the cup in her fingers as she used her other hand to continue her exploration.

She noticed something sticking out from beneath a pile of cloth. She kneeled and pulled away the disintegrating clothing. There underneath was a leather belt. Also imprinted with the similar design of the cup, Check it out. A belt. She picked up the piece. She had been somewhat jealous when she had seen her first one, but now she had one. She smiled. She placed the cup down and wrapped the belt around her slender waist. She grabbed the cup and slid the belt through the handle. It had taken her a moment to figure out how to tighten and fasten the belt but she succeeded. She knew the belt wouldn’t last though it was thin from age, she just hoped it would last long enough for her to take her cup and other fascinating items to her new home. Then she could recreate the belt from fresh leather, if she ever got to hunt large game.