The one with the pup and the bumble bee
[html]<style type="text/css">
.wickedwretch b {font-family:georgia, serif; font-weight:bold; color:#d8e0d3; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.wickedwretch p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.wickedwretch {width:400px;border:1px solid #5a6e60;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... wretch.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:200px;background-color:#131f2a;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:"Trebuchet MS", tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#3e4b4d;}
</style>

For her, communication was easiest with the lower creatures. It had taken a lot of practicing for her to be able to speak with some of them in an efficient way, but now that she had it down she was finding that she enjoyed it far more than speech with those of her own species. The pup was a shut-in and an introvert, occupying her hours alone with made-up games and stories. She was able to easily amuse herself with these things and found little to no need to interact with members of the pack.

She was healing, still...that was a part of it, perhaps. The pup had been recovering for around a month but was still unable to use her back right leg...if it touched the ground or if she put any sort of weight on it, it buckled and pain would shoot through her upper leg and into her hip. There was likely some kind of nerve damage, even if the bones were healing well enough. She had spent most of the last month indoors with Saul and occasionally Siku, the female that lived there as well. But her alone-time was what she cherished.

The field that she padded through was full of beautiful flowers, insects buzzing past her ears as they flew from flower to flower doing their duties. She was careful of where she walked for the most part, trying to be sure that she didn't accidentally step on one of the stinging creatures. Hey! This would be an amazing game...stay-off-the-bees! She started to go a little faster, changing course when she saw a bee on a flower in front of her.

The game went on for a quarter-hour as she padded along through the field, her head swinging back and forth, a tune on her lips. She became entranced with the song, keeping her footsteps in time to the beat. It was that entrancement that made her lose focus, though, and trod upon a few of the bee-ridden blossoms. A sharp pain in one of her usable front paws made her yelp and she sat back, wincing, a whine whistling out from between her teeth. How was she supposed to walk home with two legs that didn't work right?

[/html]
[html]

He was new to the pack, and therefore, very nervous. He was old enough now that meeting new people shouldn't have bothered him, but it was a difficult fear for him to overcome. Ash was worried that nobody would like him. He had friends back home, but they weren't here with him. How did he know that anyone would like him here? Maybe it had just been a fluke before. Maybe his hometown was so small that they had to befriend him, or they wouldn't have any friends at all. The whole thing was very uncomfortable.

For now he clung to the areas he thought would be most likely to be unoccupied. Ash was soothed by the calm and quiet meadow he had stumbled in, and decided to stay for a bit. He sat himself down on a large rock and was content with simply being surrounded by nature. It was quiet, but not silent. The breeze rustled the leaves of nearby trees, and there was a constant buzzing of insects of one sort or another. A foreign sound caused his ears to perk until he could identify it as some sort of song. His ears swiveled until he pinpointed the target, and was able to see it. A little girl. Naturally, she was not in Optime form, which made Ash feel awkward. He loved children, but it always felt so weird to be so tall and overdressed in comparison. Still, it was not worth it to change forms yet.

He liked watching her. It was a creepy thing to do, perhaps, but she was adorable. The little white form bounded through the field, looking so innocent and carefree. He hoped she wouldn't notice him, as he didn't want to scare her off. Suddenly the girl let out a sharp yelp and she stopped jumping around. Ash was alert, watching her in fear. Was she ok? What had happened? He had watched her and still didn't know what was going on. If he approached her, he ran the risk of looking like a complete freak by "just so happening" to be around at the time. Oh, but he couldn't stay back for his own pride. The pup was hurt.

Ash sprinted to her, all the while worrying that a sprint would look too desperate. He stopped a few feet away, then dropped down to a squatting position so that he did not tower above her. "Are you ok? I heard your yelp." Now that he was closer, he took the time to look her over and see if he could find the injury himself. It looked like it had something to do with her front paw, but he did not see any blood.

[/html]
[html]

Hello!

Tears welled up in her eyes instantly. She was used to pain, yes, but it was an aching pain that she often felt and not usually such a sharp feeling. She lifted her paw, trying to look at it, but she couldn't balance correctly between the two legs that she had left. Wretch wasn't sure what to do. She sat down after checking that area of flowers for bees as well, putting her head down. Saul wasn't anywhere around....no one was. No help was coming.

Her head came up immediately when she heard a voice, a large figure blocking out the sun overhead momentarily. Who was here? Deep emerald eyes blinked as she tried to identify the wolf, failing to. It wasn't Saul. Anxiety struck the girl and she put her head back down into the flowers, trying to hide. "N-Nuffing! nuffing is wrong..who are you?" She asked, her voice muffled by the flowers. "I...I stepped on a bee"

<style>
.wretchroad .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.wretchroad p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.wretchroad b {color:#A2152C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.wretchroad { background-color:#C37400; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mwRV1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.wretchroad .inner {margin:140px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.5; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]
Howdly doodly!
[html]

And I have to be careful

The girl had looked up at him for what felt like only a moment before ducking her head down. Ashbrooke's ears perked and tilted forward in surprise, although they shouldn't have. He understood. He was a stranger. For all she knew, he could be coming here to scold her. Maybe she had been warned about strangers, and suspected him of being a kidnapper, or worse. Maybe he would laugh at her, or judge her and call her stupid. These were all possibilities. And he understood her too well. As a child, he would have been too petrified to answer. As an adult, he wasn't much different.

He gave up on saving the seat of his pants from the potentially damp grass, and finally just sat. He tucked his knees against his chest and wrapped his arms around his legs. He was patient, and felt oddly proud when she did answer him. Ash smiled, finding her adorable even in her pain. Ugh, maybe that was weird. "My name is Ash. I just moved to Dahlia de Mai recently." She was so young, she probably lived nearby. Perhaps telling her he was a packmate would make her more comfortable. Or convince her he really was a pervert trying to make her comfortable so he could kidnap her.

"Ohh.." He sympathized with her wound with a wince. "Well, at least you didn't sit on a bee," he reasoned with her. Ash grinned boyishly. "That happened to me once, and that's a hard boo-boo to kiss away." The male was silent for a moment, and tilted his head. He wondered what he could do for her. "If you let me look at your paw, maybe I can pull the stinger out." He was more equipped than she, due to his current form. It would still probably hurt, but it would be worse to leave the stinger in.

You're a bubble in my hands

[/html]
[html]

Big Grin Aww. I think these guys will get along really well!

She was a shy girl indeed. She didn't remember what she used to be like, and if she had once been rambunctious or outgoing she would never know it. The girl's accident had changed her entire world and had left her with a broken leg and a broken jaw, neither of which would ever be one hundred percent again. Her mouth was twinging now just from this amount of talking. She closed it firmly when she was finished speaking, feeling a small grinding feeling in the hinge as she did so. Saul had done a good job...but sometimes things just didn't heal the right way.

"Ash? I wike dat name. Is a good one...like...what is left from a fire. Ashes. Is dat why your momma named you dat?" She asked the adult. It was nice that he was a member of the pack...she had guessed that he was because he had been in the forests within the border, but he'd confirmed it for her. "I'm Wretch." Her gaze remained on the ground while she spoke, paw still lifted slightly off the ground. She was crushing quite a few flowers with her small body by laying on top of them, but she didn't pay at that much mind. As long as she wasn't sitting on any bees, like Ash had said.

The thought of a bee stinging a wolf who sat down on it made her giggle a little despite her worries and pains. "'Cuz den your momma would have to kiss you on the BUTT" She laughed. No one wanted to kiss someone elses' butt! That was just gross! Wretch allowed her emerald gaze to rise to him for a few seconds as he asked to see her paw, and she scooted a little bit closer so he could see it. "I would have my daddy Saul take it out..but I don't know where he is." She said solemnly, holding it toward him.

<style>
.wretchroad .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.wretchroad p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.wretchroad b {color:#A2152C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.wretchroad { background-color:#C37400; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mwRV1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.wretchroad .inner {margin:140px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.5; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]