Rumor Has It
[html]

Sooo sorry for being so late on this Sad Dated on the 9th, so this doesn’t interfere with certain events. Word Count: 356

The young woman was feeling cheerful lately, or at least more energetic than normal. The encounter that she had had with the coyote-jackal mix from Inferni a month ago was still clear in her mind, and she was still abuzz about it. Not as much with the action itself, but more with what it meant; she couldn’t really be called a girl anymore. She didn’t feel much different, though. She was still Pixie, walking through Thornbury with her guitar strapped to her back, humming a random tune as she walked towards Skye’s house. The only thing that looked physically different about her was the pair of moccasin-type shoes that she had scavenged on another trip to Halifax. It was amazing that she was even able to find a decent pair that managed to fit her large, Luperci feet.

She knew Skye’s pups were due any day now, so she approached the house of the Cercatori leader in a more calmly manner than usual. Judging from the lack of general commotion surrounding the house, she doubted the birthing was taking place at that very moment, but for all Pixie knew, Skye could’ve given birth a few days ago and was now trying to enjoy some peace and quiet. Or she could be just napping, as Pixie knew that pregnant females tended to do that a lot, based on her observations of her mother. She also knew from those observations that they tended to be cranky—another good reason to be more cautious than usual. So instead of walking casually through the door with a “Hey, Skye!” like she usually did, she knocked on the door and waited patiently for an answer, tapping a moccasin-adorned foot on the ground. She couldn’t even be sure if Skye was even in the house, though she was pretty sure that was the case due to her current condition. But if she wasn’t, it wasn’t a very big problem; Pixie could hang around for a bit, say hi to Mars or any of her other friends in the pack, and then come back a few days later for her lessons with Skye.

<style>
.pixiemask-text {padding:0px 5px;}
.pixiemask p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:15px; margin:5px;}
.pixiemask b {color:#f6c387; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; }
.pixiemask {width:350px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#da93a2; background-image:url(http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/724/souls48.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:6px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#720739; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
sorry for the delay!! <3

The creamy white female had been staying around her house more lately; she was tired and exhausted as of late, and she always wanted to rest. Her belly was full and round, full of pups that would no doubt come sooner rather than later. In the past few days, she had felt sick, happy, angry, sad, unhappy, well. All these emotions and physical states whirled about her - it was as if she were going through life in fast-motion, and her body wasn't allowing her to stop or slow down even a bit. Fatigued lines creased her forehead as she sat on her bed, her hands resting on her lap and she herself staring blankly out into space, a bit vacant. She snapped out of it for a moment when she heard a familiar rapping on the door and a voice. It was Pixie.

Skye smiled; she needed a distraction, and one in the form of her friend was an excellent one. She stood from her bed, her tail swishing behind her as she opened the door and smiled at the silver wolf that stood in front of her. "Pixie!" she said. "Come in!" She stepped inside her house so Pixie could walk in; her stomach was bulging underneath her shirt, and she didn't want to block the doorway for her friend. She was glad the silver wolfess had come - she had needed a friend to talk to and to take her mind off of things. Now that Shawchert was gone and her pups almost due, she felt more overwhelmed than ever - reading and talking to her friend was just the thing she needed.

<style type="text/css">
.skyeforest b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2F3C17;}
.skyeforestooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;}
.skyeforest p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.skyeforest {margin:0 auto; width:397px; background-color:#4E6617; background-image:url(http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6222/avatarho.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C8FF87; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#C8FF87; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.skyeforest-border {width:399px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC HERE!

Pixie grinned when Skye opened the door. The fact that her friend was even larger than she had been the last time she had visited didn’t bother the young wolfess; she had seen the process many times with her own mother. Maneuvering as best as she could around Skye, she asked, “So, how’s it going? How is Bangle? And I bet Shaw’s been hard at work leading the pack with you…in this state.” She didn’t know yet that Shawchert had left Cercatori and so assumed that he had taken most of the leadership duties from Skye. Pixie had no idea that Skye was running the pack by herself, even in this condition.

“So I came up with a short song with lots of hammer-ons and pull-offs in it that I think you can work on,” she explained, sitting down on one of the chairs in the room and turning her guitar around her back so it was in front of her. “It wouldn’t hurt to have more practice with those. There’s also a part where you quickly have to go from the second fret to the fourteenth fret—it’s a little difficult, but again, it’s a good thing to practice.” She had recently gotten back into the mood of songwriting again, and she was amazed with how much it made her feel better; it was definitely a great way to get any of her remaining emotions about Denali or anything else going on off her chest.

<style>
.pixieguitar-text {padding:0px 15px;}
.pixieguitar p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.pixieguitar b {color:#ff0457; font-weight:bold;}
.pixieguitar {width:365px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#ffff09; background-image:url(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2927/souls49.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:330px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5a2a2a; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The creamy colored female grinned as her friend asked questions; "I'm great! And Bangle is.. Bangle," she said sheepishly at the mention of her mate. Skye cringed a bit when Pixie mentioned Shaw, and how hard he must be working to lead the pack now that Skye was in a delicate condition. Skye knew the truth - Shawchert had left, and she, even in her pregnant state, was leading alone.

"Shawchert left," she said, grief lining her voice. "I'm the sole leader of Cercatori d'Arte now." The uncertainty and the sadness in her voice showed through - the job was a difficult one, moreso than she could imagine. The normally happy pack was now dour with the leaving of Shaw and the massacres left behind by Argul; the last pack meeting they had had was, rather than lively and fun like they used to be, had a damp note on it, like someone had died. And in a way, someone did; Shawchert had left them without so much as a forewarning, although the creamy white woman should have guessed from his lack of appearances the few days before his leave.

She brightened a bit, however, at the mention of guitars and songs and the such. She had been getting better at the instrument as she practiced while Pixie wasn't there, and planned on perhaps getting a guitar in her spare time. "That sounds great!" she exclaimed. "And afterwards, we'll work on more of the complicated books I brought from the library." Her silver-shaded friend had almost mastered reading now, and just needed to get more of the more advanced details of it for it to become perfect.

<style type="text/css">
.skyefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fefbee; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #333e46; }
.skyefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cde4f3; text-align:center;}
.skyefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skyefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#cde4f3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree001.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #fefbee; padding: 0px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.skyefreebe01-border1 {width:506px; border:1px solid #485259; margin:0 auto;}
.skyefreebe01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b5cee0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+

[/html]
[html]

I’m guessing we can just skip over most of the actual lesson like we did last time, with some sort of conversation going on at the same time. Word Count: 388

Pixie grinned back; she knew exactly what Skye meant by Bangle being Bangle. With any luck, the eccentric coywolf had calmed down at least a little bit with the approaching arrival of his newborn pups…or not. She had only had a formal conversation with him once, but the young wolfess could tell that he was not the type to settle down easily. Neither was she, for that matter. Skye, on the other hand, was much more grounded, much more stable, and much more of the leader type. At first it wouldn’t seem like she and Bangle would have anything close to a romantic relationship, practically being opposites, so Pixie was amazed—and, of course, joyous for both of them—that they had come this far together.

The next piece of news, however, left the silver girl feeling much less happy. “Shaw…Shawchert left?” she echoed in disbelief. She didn’t know about what had happened to Orin and her pups, though she did know of their existence. Therefore she didn’t see any obvious reason as to why Shaw had left the pack, especially with his co-leader having the limitations that came with pregnancy. “I’m so sorry ‘bout that, Skye,” she murmured, too shocked with the news herself to really comfort the other she-wolf. “Did he just…leave without warning?” she asked, feeling her throat grow drier as the words left her mouth; it was difficult to imagine Cercatori without Shawchert, one of its original founders, leading it.

But she knew she had to swallow her sadness for the moment, though, if they were going to get any of their lessons done. “Sure, I think I can handle some more advanced stuff,” said Pixie, managing a small smile. “And I’m thinking I should try to find you your own guitar soon. I was thinking of heading to Halifax and possibly finding myself a new one, and then I can give you this one.” She patted the somewhat worn-out instrument that rested on her lap; it wasn’t in the best quality, but it had managed to survive several decades without losing its ability to make music, and it could probably last several more years for Skye. “Let’s get started then, shall we?” She was ready to explain each part of the song out for her student and demonstrate what she had to do.

<style type="text/css">
.pixiemusic1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#1F211E; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #EDDFC0; }
.pixiemusic1-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.pixiemusic1 p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.pixiemusic1 {margin:0 auto; width:466px; background-color:#7882A2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... emusic.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #2A2C37; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151717; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The creamy-white leader laughed as she thought of her crazy, insane mate that sometimes made absolutely no sense; he seemed rather nervous, more so than usual in the past few days of her upcoming pregnancy. She supposed that he was nervous about being a father, and she understood that - she wasn't entirely sure if she was ready for pups herself - but she didn't have much time to think about those things, whereas Bangle did. He still laughed that loud, wonderful laugh that he always did, however - he would never stop doing that, she believed, and she hoped that he never did. Her pups, she thought with chagrin, would most likely copy that laugh and repeat it over and over; she just hoped that they wouldn't drive her insane with all their laughing and silliness that her mate would no doubt cause!

That wasn't a bad thing, however - she was looking forward to her pups having only good memories with their mother and father in Cercatori d'Arte; even if they left the pack of artists and traders and merchants and wanderers, she would always love them just the same, and hope that they visit her like she so often visited her own parents up in the Halcyon Mountain Range.

Skye felt her friend's disappointment that the leader had left, and the shock in her voice - she never thought that the strong leader would leave either, but he had, leaving only a note for the members of the pack to read - and not them, not really. It wasn't for them.. it was for his mate, Sky, who still hadn't sliced open the letter to see what it held inside. Then Pixie asked, incredulously, if he had just up and left with absolutely no warning - Skye wasn't entirely sure how to answer this. In a way, yes, that was what happened; but in another way, he had left the note, which could explain everything had Sky had the courage to open it. Skye didn't blame her for not, however - she knew she was hurt by Shawchert leaving, and she knew that she had had mates in the past that had left her as well.

"He left a note to his mate, Sky Katrtuk," she said, "But she hasn't opened it yet," she said delicately, trying to tread over the fact that her friend was probably not in the best mental state to read that letter just yet. But she shook off the feelings of doubt - her friend was here, and they were learning guitar!

After a few lessons of guitar, and after Skye had taught Pixie some of the more advanced forms of reading, she sat down and smiled at her friend. "So what about you?" she asked her friend cheerfully - the lessons had cheered her up considerably, and her pups had also let a light note on the day. "What's going on in Crimson Dreams? Any males in your future?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows up and down and nudging her friend in the side. She was just teasing Pixie, but she was curious as to if her friend was going to have a mate or not - she didn't think she had last time she mentioned her life, but things could change quickly, she thought, looking down at her pups.

<style type="text/css">
.skyefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fefbee; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #333e46; }
.skyefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cde4f3; text-align:center;}
.skyefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#cde4f3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree001.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #fefbee; padding: 0px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.skyefreebe01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b5cee0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#500+

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 501

“Hmmm,” the silver wolfess mused. So that was his mate now. Mars had told Pixie that Shaw and Orin had had sort of a “one night fling,” as he put it, but she hadn’t heard of him getting a mate. She didn’t even really know who Sky Katrtuk was, though she recalled her name coming up a few times while she was visiting Cercatori. She hoped that Sky wasn’t taking Shaw’s leaving too badly either, though being his mate and all, it must have been hard. Pixie wouldn’t know much about what it felt like to leave friends and family; she had left her parents and their pack when she was younger, but it had not been a painful goodbye in the slightest. Melbourne, the sibling whom she was closest to, had left months before her, and she felt little love towards her other siblings and her parents. She didn’t doubt that they felt the same towards her.

She and Skye went through the guitar solo together, and the fact that they constantly had to pass the guitar back and forth between them—Pixie to demonstrate and Skye to try and copy it—reminded her once again that she needed another guitar so that they both could play at the same time. After they were done practicing guitar, Pixie went through the reading exercises with little trouble, stumbling here and there but eager to learn more of the weirder phonetics that Skye was teaching her (English had a lot of them, she noticed quickly).

Pixie laughed at her friend’s nudge, but she supposed that she should mention something about her own life. “Not much in Crimson Dreams at the moment. We expanded our territory, which means more places for me to explore. But as for mates…well, there was this one guy from Inferni that showed up near the borders a while ago. Revan, I think his name was. I ran into him and…things happened.” The silver girl shrugged her shoulders. “But it wasn’t anything serious. Don’t know if I’ll ever see him again. There aren’t many choices in my own pack. There’s a few guys around my age, but I’m not particularly close to any of them, and since a couple of them are related to Savina—one of them’s her son, even—I feel like I’d be under pressure if I ever got together with them.”

She sighed and added, “But who knows? Maybe soon there’ll be another fella who joins the pack that I can get to know. In any case, I ain’t quite ready to settle down just yet. I mean, I’ve given up being a loner and living the life of a nomad, but I still like to ride around outside the territory, coming here to Cercatori and visiting other places nearby. If I were to have pups, I’d be stuck in Haven Manor for months, first with being pregnant and then caring for the little buggers. I still wanna have some fun before that, ya know?”

<style>
.pixie-o10 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.pixie-o10 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.pixie-o10 b {color:#D0E0F5; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.pixie-o10 {background-color:#6E7277; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/pixie.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#181A1C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:245px 0px 10px 0px; }
.pixie-o10-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The fact that Crimson Dreams had expanded their territory piqued Skye's interest - Crimson Dreams must be doing well to be able to take another stretch of territory. Her mind was torn away from territory, however, as she heard that Pixie had a run in with a male from Inferni... and 'things happened'. Skye raised an eyebrow but didn't comment when her friend said that it wasn't serious, and began to lament about the lack of suitable males in her pack. Skye laughed involuntarily and opened her mouth to speak;

"We have the opposite problem in d'Arte," she said. "There are only three or four females in the entire pack - the rest are male, and none of the new joiners are female either!"

She then listened as Pixie said that she didn't mind the lack of males in her pack - she wasn't ready for that sort of commitment. Skye wondered whether she ought to have waited as well, but shook the thought from her head; she was glad of the things that happened in her life, even though she appeared to have chosen an ill time to become pregnant - with Shawchert leaving, the responsibility was almost too much for her, but she could handle it. Barely.

Outwardly, she shrugged. "That's probably true, but I figured that nothing much is going to change from now and the future.. admittedly, now I wish I waited a little bit, but that's mostly because of Shawchert's leaving. I'm glad I'm having pups," she said, excitement within her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

Idk if you want to wrap this thread up soon. I’ve kinda been wanting to use it for Pixie getting a musician co-rank in CD. :3

She had noticed the majority of males in Cercatori and was a little surprised by it; she had expected a lot of motherly females—with a few pups to care for, maybe—to join the pack, which was the most peaceful pack that Pixie had encountered in ‘Souls besides her own. Even then, there was that bear problem, and the whole murder fiasco…but those were both flukes. She couldn’t see anything like that happening to Cercatori anytime soon; the pack of artists seem to have more problems internally than those due to outside forces, which, now that Pixie thought about it more, could have led to Shaw leaving. Disagreements with the rest of her old pack were what caused Pixie to leave—that and the desire for adventure, and to maybe find any clues as to where her brother had gone off to when he left.

“I think you’ll be a terrific mom,” she said, nudging her friend with her shoulder. “You already practically are one, what with having to lead this pack. And I don’t doubt that Bangle will be happy to have some little ones to mess around with.”

<style>
.pixie-o10 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.pixie-o10 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.pixie-o10 b {color:#D0E0F5; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.pixie-o10 {background-color:#6E7277; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/pixie.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#181A1C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:245px 0px 10px 0px; }
.pixie-o10-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]