Thread Information
Date: May 13

Setting: Anatheman border

Time: Dusk

Character Form: Lupus
[/html]

[html]

Word Count » 3+

He made the trek again, alone this time.

The cold ocean winds of Salsola moaned at the man's retreating hide, and he slid into the welcoming shadows without discomfort. They clung to the dark man's pelt, sliding cool fingers through wolfishly thick layers of ochre and umber. However, his lean appearance and sharp profile, topped with large, elegant ears spoke of coyote blood. It would be the male's eyes that undoubtedly gave him away, in this dusk camouflage - They were a canny green, intelligent and wry.

With the long effortless lope inherited from strong and wicked blood, the leader set off across the mountains he had once conquered. They were familiar, but no longer his - Not that he had ever truly succumbed to the illusion of owning the harsh terrain. The mountains belonged to none but themselves, fierce and strong and sentinel as they watched over the rest of the world.

But one had managed to claim a small pocket, and Sirius sought her now, and her alone. The woman gifted with the moon in her pelt, and eyes so sharp that they could challenge even his. She was his only regret, and he lamented their distance as much as he knew it necessary. For yes, the cold and calculative Sirius Revlis did indeed hold Naniko dear - She was the closest thing to a permanent family his childhood had ever known.

He came unto her border, and for the first time since arriving in the land of Nova Scotia, drew to a halt. It was no longer a land that belonged to him, for through his own actions, Sirius no longer belonged to it. His pelt smelt strongly of the land of his heart, the thistle-blown Salsola.

Made somewhat uneasy by this realization, the lanky male paused, his form instinctively pacing along the invisible barrier. Mineral eyes glowed faintly in the darkening light, as the night strove to swallow the world in a darkness broken only by the scattering droplets of silver blood and the natural promise of a new dawn. They would not fear the dark - Naniko had raised him as a true wolf, and the nighttime was his element as much as the day.

Finally reclining to his haunches, the male became still. His silhouette was stark against the sweeping land, tall ears erect as they listened intently to the whispering wind. Then, tipping his head back, the male loosed a tenor howl into the cool darkness, calling for her and her alone.

<style>
.siritxt {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.siritxt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8Hs2Q.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:122px 0px 0px 0px;}
.siritxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.siritxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.siritxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.siritxt b {letter-spacing:1px; }
.siritxt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She was the keeper of the territory of lost souls, the one to shepherd the creatures in and offer them a place to stay for as long as they wished to call it their home. She was no gate-keeper nor jailor, and they were free to come and leave as they pleased. The pale figure ruled over the land itself...she did not desire to control what her members did, for the most part. She set her lands apart from other territories by making her members a promise; any who left her dark sanctuary would always be welcomed back.

Ears had caught the low howl and the angel had left her rocky hold to set out toward the border. They had expanded and even with the use of the many shortcuts it would take her a little while to get there. She had sensed something stirring among the members lately, some unrest, but was unsure of the reason behind it or if it was something that was good or something bad. She had expected to hear of it sooner or later...perhaps tonight was that night.

It didn't make sense to her why Sirius would be howling for her at the border unless he had found someone or something of interest. As she approached the scene her brow knitted in slight confusion. He was alone. "Is something the matter, Sirius?" The winds blew toward her nose and she caught scent of something...different. "You smell odd"

<style type="text/css">
.nani22 {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/naniko.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#AFC4CC; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.nani222 {padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F57; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.nani22 b {color:#476571;}
.nani22 p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 3+

For a time he waited, kept company by the listless wind and shadows. Another might have found this place a fearful one, with the stillness of the dark woods and the moaning of the eerie breeze, but Sirius welcomed it with a calm heart. The White Queen ruled her lands with mercy, and he felt no harm could befall him while under her dominion.

However, times had changed, and it was important to always be wary. His strange scent wafted on the cool fingers of the wind, and should another find him before Naniko, perhaps they would see him a threat.

That troubling thought did not last long, for like the moon itself, she appeared before him - A silver and ivory wraith, beautiful in the night. Some semblance of love swelled within his chest for the approaching wolfess, who was quick to wear a scowl of confusion at this strange happenstance. Her words were caught by the male's yotishly large ears, which dipped in response, a show of respect. Although submissiveness irked the new King, he would use it for her.

The she wolf's question hovered a moment, as the umber and ocher male decided how best to reply. His reptilian and mineral green eyes glinted in the darkness. "No, Naniko, nothing is wrong," Uneasy with the news he was to depart, Sirius' canny nature new that it was useless to fool her with pretty words. "I have left Anathema." He gave the news bluntly, watching her keenly for a reaction. Though elegant in his speech, in part due to time spent in London and learning other languages, Sirius seemed oddly shortspoken.

The Boss remained on the other side of the border, watching the ivory woman warily. "I took the dark one, Eris, and a few other followers with me - I am their King now. I have made a new pack, and it is called Salsola." The name felt powerful as it rolled off his tongue, and pride filled the male. Salsola - His Salsola.

Aware that the news was sudden, and even more aware that he sought her approval in this endeavor, Sirius remained vigilant as his peridot eyes scanned the other for a reaction.

<style>
.siritxt {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.siritxt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8Hs2Q.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:122px 0px 0px 0px;}
.siritxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.siritxt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I forgot completely about this thread and didn't add it to my log >_< I'm sorry. Next time feel free to kick me or send me a quick PM about answering if I take this long D:

She had always accepted members into the family and pack with the understanding that they could come and go as they pleased. Naniko had most certainly done that...she had been born in Chimera, grown up in Clouded Tears and had then made and left numerous packs since then. It was the way of the wolf, to go where they were needed and where they most desired to be. She would not fault someone for doing the same thing that she had done in the past.

She took in the information that he gave her and gave a solid nod. "I understand. Such is life, Sirius. I feel I only just got you back, though...to lose you so soon leaves an ache in my chest. You have the strength to lead a pack, and I am proud of you for taking the step forward to achieve your goals. But I will miss you here." Naniko admitted. "Is it far?" She was quick to adjust to new situations, something that she was proving here. The female rarely got upset for any reason, and was extremely realistic. "Do you need help with anything there?"

<style type="text/css">
.nani22 {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/naniko.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#AFC4CC; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.nani222 {padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F57; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.nani22 b {color:#476571;}
.nani22 p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 3+
thats okay, lahv <3

She nodded once, seeming to absorb his words without falter. Sirius' large, elegant ears lifted back up to catch the swells of her voice. He listening carefully, noting the resigned tone to her words, the acceptance that his foster-mother (for truly, that was what she was) gave freely. Perhaps he had underestimated Naniko, and thought that his actions might more deeply displease her - But she was a creature much like he, and they both knew the urges of the wolf, to move and to claim.

A sharp smile loitered about his maw, yellowed teeth glittering in the moonlight. "Fear not - You have not lost me. Be proud for me, Naniko - You raised a King, as every Queen should," Perhaps there was a not of arrogance in his tone, but the Revlis man wore his ranking well. Leadership sat handsomely on his dark, canny features.

Her latter words provoked a moment of thought, the Thistle-King still lingering on one side of the Moon-Queen's borders as he regarded her gravely. "It is across the mountains, NorthWest from here. The land is harsh, but it provides for us well enough," There was nothing she and her cave-dwelling minions could help him with, not at the current time, but the offer was appreciated nonetheless. The lanky coywolf inclined his head towards her, a strange light glittering in his eyes. "And you, Naniko. Know that my pack - my Family - Will welcome you. Howl for me if you need, and I will always come. But warn the others, that no man unmarked by Salsola is welcome on its territory," Warning tones entered his smooth voice, and the look he gave the Queen was pointed. While she was welcome into his home, it was she alone granted such presence. Any other would face the wrath of the new Thistle Family.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Revlis men are born leaders Wink Physe Revlis led Chimera, Storm, and Aremys in his day.

She was the type to assimilate to new situations quickly. The once clumsy and awkward girl had grown into a fine independent woman over time; she had once been so very different than she was now. Naniko liked to think that she had grown, that her experiences in Crimson Dreams and the cult pack had changed her and molded her into what she was now. A better, smarter, and more cunning creature than ever.

"The pack is responsible for themselves...I will tell anyone who I come across, but it will be their own fault if they choose to trespass in foreign pack territory. I would expect the same from anyone; such things are not tolerated here either. Keep discipline, Sirius, and they will long to follow you and please you." She advised. Naniko was more of a hands-off leader in some respects...she hoped that her members weren't stupid enough to disregard the borders of another pack. Even she was respectful enough to wait at the border, even if given permission.

"Thank you. I wish you luck with your pack, son. I know you will do them well." The white queen said. Naniko didn't know what else to do other than that, what else she could say to him. The message had been passed, and he did not need her assistance any more, though both knew that they could count on the other for help if they ever needed it in the future. "I'll be heading back, then. I'm sure I'll see you around, Sirius."

<style>
.AnaFK-07 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.AnaFK-07 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.AnaFK-07 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-07 {background-color:#abb092; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... s/rawr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:294px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-07-border {width:498px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 3+

ooc: Interesting! I didn't actually know that o: Can probably archive this once you've read it, unless you would like to post again <3

He had always thought her beautiful, and powerful, in her own way. Naniko was a woman to be respected - Perhaps some of Sirius' own desire for leadership had stemmed from the snowy female, and her direct mannerisms. He was not to know the potency of his own blood; royal blood in many ways, as the son of a coyote prince and the protege of another great Revlis man. But in spite of his own growing arrogance, Sirius was not so blind as to be ignorant to how much he owed Naniko, the mountain Queen.

He listened to her words with respectful silence, cunning olive eyes drinking in the Fae's beautiful portrait for what would probably be the last time in a while. There was much work to be done back in Salsola, his beloved Thistle Kingdom - The family needed direction, a canny ruling hand that Eris had yet to learn and that Sirius knew instinctively.

Naniko's advice was taken with a calm nod, for it was worthy words she spoke, and well heeded. Discipline was something that Salsola would never be lacking, of that, he was sure.

Her final words struck a deep chord. Son. The handsome dark hybrid smiled slightly, just a quick lift of one black lip to show that he appreciated the words. Family had always been such a fleeting thing, and his drive to create something more concrete was one of the main catalysts of the new Thistle pack. Naniko used the relationship title frugally, and it left him feeling peculiar. "I will... Mother. Be sure of that." She bid her farewell, and he rose from silken haunches, long dark plume wagging once, briefly. Times were changing - He was a King now, the Boss of his people, and there was a sense of duty to return to them fleetly. "Goodbye, Naniko, and may the moon watch over you, as it always has," The sentiment was offered with a somewhat coy grin - yellowed teeth glinted in the half-light. Then the Revlis male was gone, melting back into the mountainous land and the shadows that welcomed his dark hide.

<style>
</style>
[/html]