Wandering
OOC: Hello~ Help me out if you see a mistake... This is going to be my first IC post EVER. c: Hoping to become acquainted to a few people.

IC:
Lola sat with her back towards the low sun, which left her face open to the slow breeze. She kept here ears up and her nose alert as she surveyed the area, trying to become more adjusted to the territory that she was now welcomed into. Nothing of interest went on for a bit, save for the sight of a few passing wolves who paid little attention to her. She did not pose a threat and had been around long enough to have a familiar sent on her. As the sun warmed her back, Lola moved to a spot where the sun could not find her in the shadow of a mountain.

Although Lola felt ready to go find a resting spot for the night (not sure if she wanted to be in the den her new pack kept), she just laid down on the grassy floor and continued thinking and watching, hopeful that someone would take an interest to her. Imaging how nice living with others of her kind made her fall into a sense of calm. Sleep caught her by surprise. The days events had worn her out more than she thought. Lola laid with eyes closed, her muzzle resting on her two front paws.

WORDS: 207 (Just cuttin' it. ;D)
[html]
Me, me Big Grin

It was days like these that made Naniko grateful for her white pelt.

Two hind paws took the tall luperci toward her destination, the underground cave system that the majority of the pack lived in. They had a few shepherds that spent a lot of their time above in the valleys, caring for their small herds, but for the most part the pack lived underground. It wasn’t a mandatory living situation, and she was willing to show packmembers toward other areas in which they could choose to make a den for themselves, but so far there hadn’t been very many wolves who had rejected the great mountain Halcyon and all that it had to offer.

The dark caves offered a retreat from even the worst mid-day heat, some tunnels going deep into the heart of the mountain. They also offered protection from the elements and a flood-free environment; water that entered the cave dripped down to the underground spring that her pack had found during the snowstorm that had ravaged the lands. It also gave them protection from any intruders that sought them harm; the cave system would be fairly difficult for an outsider to maneuver around and find their way through.

It was the chilled rocks and the lukewarm water of the springs that Naniko sought on this day. She didn’t often overheat, but she’d been out patrolling the border for most of the morning beneath the sun. The trek back up toward the cave entrance was enough to make her crave her cool, damp, mossy home. She wasn’t paying much attention to anything but the path beneath her paws as she walked in her Optime form, arms swinging idly at her sides, long braided mane swaying along behind her.

She had nearly passed Lola by the time that she realized that there was someone else there, in fact. The female had an odd scent about her, but a scent that was not altogether foreign. Jade eyes looked at her new packmate with curiosity as she came closer to her sleeping form; Lola smelled enough like Anathema to satisfy Naniko. Another wolf must have accepted her into the pack. The tall female leaned over the other, unsure if she ought to wake her or let her continue her slumber in peace.

<style type="text/css">
.nani22 {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/naniko.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#AFC4CC; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.nani222 {padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F57; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.nani22 b {color:#476571;}
.nani22 p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]
Lola stirred slightly in her sleep when Naniko rustled in the grass next to her. After a few more moments, Lola's eyes fluttered open and she once again became aware of her surroundings. Her head snapped up to the presence looming over her. The sight made her stand up, and become alert. Naniko looked down upon her as Lola dipped her head and let her tail down to show respect to the stranger, before assuming her optime form. As soon as she stood tall in front of Naniko, she averted her eyes and then waited for Naniko to speak.
"You are new," the commanding luperci said in a mild tone, looking down upon Lola.
"Yes," she replied, "My name is Lola." Naniko looked Lola up and down, deciding how she felt about the new addition to her pack.
"Mine is Naniko, I am the leader of this pack. You will do," as Naniko ended her sentence, she moved past Lola and continued on her original way. Lola stood, slightly stunned that she had been speaking to the leader of the pack. She turned to look at Naniko and was almost relieved to see that she seemed to have lost interest in her. After Naniko was quite a ways away, but still visible, Lola followed, interested to see where she was headed.