Traps and Crafts
WC: 276, hey meant to post earlier… been busy.

Saxif had been in the pack for about a week and had been spending a lot of her time exploring the lands. The yellowish cream wolf felt it best she move forward with her duties. During a lot of the late nights she had been crafting traps for small animals. Some were traps for live animals such as rabbits; her largest trap was to catch the flightless birds she has come to learn as turkeys. That trap was yet a work in progress and would need more sinew in order to finish the netting. Her hope was to maybe catch a pair in order to create a livestock like her old pack’s small quails. She enjoyed the thought of fresh eggs that they had laid and her stomach growled. Her favourite trap had to be the fish trap made of twigs. She just hoped the traps she learned to make from her Uncle were useful in these parts.

As she was carefully setting snares and rock drops, her thoughts went yet again to the hunting of large game. Her hope was to soon join her teacher in a hunt, but first she would have to prove her worth. Thus the reason she had been setting traps for a large part of the morning. She would check them each morning and night in hopes to show her knowledge in the art of trapping. When she had set her final trap and headed back to the borders of the pack she noticed someone doing their rounds of patrol. She smiled as she knew this was one of the crafters. She barked in greeting and gave a friendly wave.
Shiloh had been checking the fences when she heard a howl of a greeting. She looked up to see a yellowish white wolf waving at her. Or at least she thought she was waving at her. Shiloh looked around and found no one around her and looked back at the wolf. She stood and after a few moments got up and went over to her.

"Where you waving at me?" she asked softly stopping what she was doing and looking at the wolfress and looking down. Shiloh was worried about her scars making the woman wanting to leave, judge by the way she looked. She was so used to not being around others because of her scars that talking to others made her shy and scared. She was hoping that AniWaya and Phoenix Valley could fix up what was broken in both places and she was willing to help but she was scared people would judge her because of her past and scars. She wanted friends, she wanted a mate more importantly she wanted to be accepted despite her scars and past.

She wished to find more people like Ayasha and Ralla, who liked her for who she was not by what she looked like. She stared at the woman and wondered why she was out here and noticed a couple of traps down the way. "Are you a hunter? Do you need help making traps that work?" she asked softly
OOC: Don't mind Saxif she's very protective of her hunting skills ^_^

As she approached the wolf, she took notice to the missing bits of fur and pink skin. It had not fazed her, her uncle always told her the scars of another wolf were like badges of their life. Whether they were from good or bad a wolf should be respected and honoured for the pain they endured for those badges. Her uncles were often badly injured in the annual bear hunt of her previous pack. The winner would receive a boon from the chief and ranking as second in command. Her favourite uncle was often the victor, but his body had shown how hard those victories had been. She smiled politely as she had with everyone she met here; if anything was different it was her sense of awe. She was curious of what the wolf would have endured but like her grandmother always said. “It’s none of your business until they make it your business” it was often what she said to deter her from curiosity. She usually didn’t listen otherwise but in this case she felt it was probably necessary. Judging by the shy demeanour of the wolf she knew she would be overstepping if she asked.

She lost her smile when the female finished speaking. She looked back at the trap she had recently set. What do you mean traps that work? My traps work fine. I tested each before setting their final position. Offended by the older female she took a deep breath. She faced the wolf again. But I do have a proposition for you. I have taken notice that the pack is in need of a hunter’s hut. A place where my mentor and I can take our kills to be skinned, cooked, smoked, or dried as stores for the winter. And I have been told you are a Gatlvska seeking out projects. If you help me build one after our assignments with the allied pack members is complete, I will gladly help you with any projects you need aide with. She smiles politely again. In fact as an incentive to accept my offer I will help you with anything you are in need of doing to show you my work ethic as your follower. Or offer for you to help me improve my traps if you have nothing to do today. She stood a moment and thought. Forgive me, I am Saxif Goldenfeather a Tsisdu Kanati. Your name is?
Occ: i is sorry i took so long to answer back. school and graduation are coming up soon. exams.
WC: 208
Shiloh noticed Saxif staring at her in awe. Her expression was not one Shiloh was use to seeing and it made her want to tell the woman, confide in her over the pain she felt over her loss.

"I apologize. I thought you need help making stronger better traps. I did not know you were that talented. My name is Shiloh Grant, one Gatlvska in the tribe. I am looking for project after we get done with Phoenix Valley. I myself need a house of my own. If you help me with making my own house I will help you build your hut. Again I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I don't normally talk to people because of my scars. I feel I am not worth talking to. I tend to scare people away from me because of them..." she said looking down. She wished she looked like Saxif. No scars, no missing fur. She was beautiful once. What she had done to get the scars was heroic but no one but Ayasha knew how she got them. The pup had said she was beautiful in the inside so her outside didn't matter. Did Saxif see her that way? Or did she see a brutally scared femme?
Sorry for late response and length, my time and my muse are not in sync.

Your scars should not be one of shame. If anything you should be proud of them. And those that think otherwise are fools. In my family scars are a proof of your strength and honour. She carefully raised the scarred female's chin. Know that I am one who will envy you, I know I don't know you but its true. She smiles warmly, meaning every word. Saxif herself hoped to one day gain scars of triumph, she feared the pain that would come with it but she would pride in that milestone. It was also another step to be nothing like the females of her family.

She refocused on the dark wolf. So shall we gather some materials for any projects you wish to accomplish today?
WC:229
"Proud? I am not proud of them. I failed my family. I failed my little sister and little brother. These scars are from someone not strong enough to save her family. You don't know how much I wish I could have saved at least my sister who was right there when I tried to reach for her again and again. I blame myself for not being stronger." said Shiloh softly looking at Saxif, her silver eyes growing darker with emotion. She took a moment to let her emotions go, looking down and wiping tears away before stopping and getting herself together and looking up at Saxif with a small smile

"Projects? Why don't we start making my hut today and about two or three days from now it should be done. With your help it will get done faster and I won't have to live in the town hall. The reward would be a set of bowls and a hut. And a place in my hut with me till we can work on yours." she said with a smile. She hoped Saxif was nice enough to help her move the wood she had found and carry it to the village. She had been taking apart another house she had found and was going to use the wood as her own. There was enough wood for her hut and Saxif's
She had gotten the story of her woe and Saxif had only one thing to say about it. At least you tried and I find you strong for it. She smiled hoping the dark scarred female would believe her words. Not many could have done what Shiloh had tried to for her family. Most would have felt helpless and drawn back from the heat. Saxif often saw things in a unique perspective, it was something her grandmother had cherished in her over her cousins and sister. Again she refocused on the reason she had approached the dark female. She was glad to learn she would soon work toward providing for the pack in a more precise manner. She would need to learn about storing techniques and soon she hoped she would get her chance to really skin an animal. She had never gotten the chance but it was the one thing her father allowed her to be present for because females were often the ones who cared for hides to ensure a warmer winter.

Yes I will help you with the wood. Lead the way my friend. The cloud colored wolf set herself beside Shiloh glad to have met her. And as much as I would love to stay with you I am housed with Leon Austral and his daughter they have been so kind to me I do not wish to offend their hospitality. Secretly Saxif just enjoyed living with them, it was like a new family to her. Though she often wondered how it would be to live on her own. When the hut was built she would discover that but for now she enjoyed the company of others.
"I tried so hard to save them. The worse scars are on my arms where I reached though the flames for my sister. Anya still haunts my dreams to this day. I loved her very much." she said with a small smile.

Shiloh stiffened at knowing Saxif lived with Leon. *She must be the reason he doesn't want to be with me. He must have feelings for her.* she though as she started to walk towards the far side of the compound. She hoped Saxif didn't see her eyes grow dark with emotion. Shiloh pulled out the wolf figurine she was working on and let her thoughts wander as she continued to whittle. She walked in silence for half the walk, finishing the wolf figurine.

"Do you want this Saxif? I have made one for almost everyone I have became friends with. This kind of reminds me of you. Your strong and independent and free spirited. I hope you will accept this gift as a way of me showing I wish to stay friends with you." she said holding out the figurine to Saxif. She smiled softly and wondered what was going though the woman's mind. "I also wish you good luck when you hunt." she said with another smile. She hoped Saxif would be the friend she longed for. Someone to understand her and love her despite her flaws.
Check out my sketch CLICK. Notice a detail wrapped around her neck? ^_^

The blonde wolf had noticed a shift in Shiloh’s mood at the mention of her hospitable friend. She wondered if she had said something wrong. She followed the scarred female for a distance as Shiloh kept her hands close to her chest. Saxif wondered what she was doing almost peering over Shiloh’s shoulder. She nearly bumped into her when she abruptly stopped and turned to the wolf. She was astonished when the girl offered her a small wooden wolf. She smiled feeling whelmed with thankful emotion. She had never received a gift such as this. She grabbed the tiny wolf as though it were precious. She looked down at her belt where she spun sinew and pulled a piece biting it to a shorter length and looping the excess back on her belt. She tied a loop around the neck of the tiny figurine and placed it around her neck. I will treasure this for as long as we are friends, I promise you. She smiled warmly. She patted Shiloh’s shoulder lightly. Thank you for your kind words and your blessing of luck. She released her shoulder and moved forward.

Saxif was grateful to have made a new friend, especially one who had been so open with her. The ivory wolf though was worried lightly, she hoped the scarred female opening up didn’t mean she would have to do so herself. But she erased the thought, eventually she would have to start telling her story but she worried of what others would think of her if she had. Would they think her a deserter, a fool or worse yet royal? She hoped they would arrive at their destination, she wanted work to distract her from her fears.
OCC: I IS SO HAPPYS!!! SHE IS WEARING THE CARVING AWWWS Sorry for the short post i fell asleep. Sleep = instant muse loss.

Shiloh smiled at the thought of touching the ivory woman's heart with something as simple as one of her carvings. She was surprised to see the woman want to wear her carving and she felt the woman's happiness at accepting the carving and her heartfelt words. They were getting close to where she had left the wood for at least two huts. She hoped that Saxif found working with her enjoyable. "We are here. There is enough wood for you to have a hut and for me to have a hut. If we work together this would be done faster and I can make you a storage catch for the meat you preserve. Most of this can be moved in one go so lets get to moving it before it gets dark then build it up tomorrow." she said with a smile. She bent and started gathering wood in her arms telling Saxif to pick up what was left
[html]

WC: 304 sorry meant to be faster but muse is being wonky lately

The ivory wolf was please to get to work, she gladly picked up the wood with ease. She felt impressed by the older girl’s plans that seemed to already be forming. She wondered if she would have to seek someone out to teach her the tricks of preservation, she only had a rough idea maybe her mentor knew more than she had. He would be the only other to frequent her hut because he was the only other hunter of the pack. She wondered why that was, hunting was always the biggest duty of her old home. In fact to become a hunter was like being in the royal family which most already was. Here hunters seemed in short demand. It was probably because of the abundant amount of prey in the area, it didn’t require much to gain your meals for the day. She would feel quite useful if she could bring the burden of that from other skilled wolfs such as Shiloh with this hut. It would give others more time to hone their skills as she honed her own. She smiled at the thought of providing, it was something she wasn’t accustomed to and that always sparked a life into her.

I can’t wait to fill the stores. She pleasantly revealed as they carried the wood back. I get to hunt and trap morning and spend the rest of the day cleaning and preparing meat. It feels like a dream come true. It truly was for the girl, she never wanted anything more than to be there for her community. As the daughter of an Alpha she felt her duties were to only provide pups and look pretty. As a hunter though she was more than that she was important and most of all free to do as she pleased.

<style type="text/css">
.saxiftribe-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.saxiftribe b {font-weight:bold; color:#5f3f28; letter-spacing:1px}
.saxiftribe p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.saxiftribe {margin:0 auto; background-color:#242912; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/34xpa49.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 510px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#787d64; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21241c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the late post.WC:227

Shiloh smiled at the woman's excitement. "I hope you learn well. Catching animals are hard. My father was teaching me how to build trips before he past. I know a thing or two about catching small game but not enough to skin them and clean the pelts for my own being. I would like to learn though." said Shiloh as they carried the wood. She really wanted to make something for Saxif and making a hut seemed like a good way for the them to bond and get to know each other.
"Saxif... where is your family?" she asked looking at the ivory wolf. She had told her about what happened to her family and wondered how someone like Saxif ended up here in AniWaya alone like her. "I understand if your past is a touchy subject I'm just curious. You dont have to tell me," she said with a smile. She wasn't one to pressure anyone into talking about themselves but found venting and telling others about herself made her families passing more easier on her. She rather enjoyed talking and was willing to talk about anything to keep a conversation going. She smiled to herself as she remembered what her mom used to call her

"Shi the talker. She could talk your ear off if your willing to listen to what she has to say."

<style>
.shilohloveooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.shilohlovecred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.shilohlove p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shilohlove b {color:#E8EDCA; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #1C2019; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shilohlove {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#4E6A1E; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:381px;}
.shilohloveinner{background-color:#9DBD67; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ohtab2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 220px 0px; border:1px solid #66793C; width:381px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 450+ Sorry this took so long.

I can teach you what I know if you like. Though I am still quite the novice at much things myself. Saxif stiffened slightly at the mention of her family, but Shiloh had been so open to share about hers. She figured she might as well give her something but didn’t want to give her everything. My family is back in my home probably just living their lives peacefully now that I am gone. I caused my mother a lot of stress and my sister never really liked me. She often called me a “spoiled prince.” She always had wondered why her sister called her a prince instead of a princess. She was after all the daughter of an Alpha not a son. It had never really dawned on her that she had been different from most of the females of the tribe. She realized too that her friends had consisted of males in her pack and had never really noticed the female’s avoidance. I guess I act more like a boy at times why she called me that. Never really noticed until now. She smiled lightly.

While her thoughts were on her home she thought of her father and her uncle. My uncle probably misses me, possibly my father. I ran away from there, probably quite suddenly and unexpectedly. A small touch of guilt arose in her stomach. The only person who knew was my gu… She paused. My friend. It was the first time she acknowledged her young guard as a friend. He had been just that, more so than her best friend Hilon. The young guard had seen her through every tear, every rage, even risked his life for hers. He truly was her friend because the day she was plotting out her escape he had approached her knowingly even with her secrecy. He had nearly begged for her to reconsider, a reaction she had not seen from the usually professional male. She realized he must have been more than just a royal guard to her as well.

She found herself smiling shyly as they neared their destination with the wood. But I guess the thing you need to know is that I needed to leave, I was far too different for my old pack. Here though it seems like I fit in and I am happy here. She worried what people might think of her if they had known she was an Alpha’s daughter so she kept her true reasoning to herself. She would do so for weeks to come. She wondered just then where they were headed. Where are we building? Also if there is anything else you need just let me know and I can fetch it for you. She was excited for this task to begin even though she wouldn’t get to move in until she came home from Pheonix Valley.

<style type="text/css">
.saxiftribe-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.saxiftribe b {font-weight:bold; color:#5f3f28; letter-spacing:1px}
.saxiftribe p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.saxiftribe {margin:0 auto; background-color:#242912; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/34xpa49.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 510px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#787d64; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21241c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
a bit off this week.WC: 300+

"At least your family is alive. But I understand your need to leave. As the daughter of a Alpha I can only imagine what you had to go though," smiled Shiloh turning to her. "I know what you are Saxif. You shouldn't hide who you are. I don't think of you differently because your the daughter of an alpha. You are most likely wondering how I knew you were the daughter of an alpha right? Its simple really. You carry yourself differently then the others. Like you have confidence and a strong will. Something I envy about you. I am nothing like you. Scarred and shy, I am a monster. At least you can find a mate to love you and understand you. No one will want someone as scarred as me," she whispered softly before stopping where she wanted to build.

"Here is where I am going to build your hut. Tell me if you want it in a different spot," said Shiloh putting down her load of wood. She had said too much to Saxif and she was the first to know what Shiloh really thought of herself.
*I am a monster. All these scars. No one can love someone like me.* she thought looking at her pink hands and forearms. She wished she had died with her family. She missed them so much. She was in another one of her moods and Shiloh was beginning to wonder if she was losing her mind. "I am sorry. I am in another one of my moods again. Then have been coming on to me since my family passed. I would like to learn your craft. I can help make traps in exchange for furs from some of the animals you kill. I'll tell you if I need anything. I have been feeling ill lately so moving the wood would be most helpful," she said turning to Saxif with a smile.
[html]
Sorry this took so long. WC: 545

Saxif stopped dead in her tracks as Shiloh casually mentioned her legacy. It had caused the cream wolf to furrow her brow as she thought back. She had not mentioned it she came to realize. Then as the scarred female went on further she found it to be sensible, her observations were quite insightful and knowing. Saxif had always been different because she was trained to be so. The daughter of an Alpha had to carry herself just as she did. Shiloh caught on to it so quickly and easily, it made her feel as though the scarred wolf wasn’t the only one to have noticed. Saxif how ever would not feel comfortable with the idea of people knowing who she was. It would be silent of her past for weeks to come. Shiloh would be the only one to know her. It would make her feel a great connection.

It saddened the young wolf that Shiloh envied her. She was not one to envy, inexperienced, naïve and at times even unaware. I don’t find you a monster at all Shiloh. There will be someone who will love you someday. They will suddenly be there and they will make you feel like you are the most beautiful wolf alive. I find you very beautiful. A small shy smile escaped her lips. Saxif truly enjoyed the idea of love; she had even been so innocent to believe she had been once. She worried that she would never find her mate, her heart already so fragile even so young. It was often on her mind when hunting was not, the idea of love. Her thoughts were cut short as they reached their destination.

This is a perfect spot. Good choice. She noticed the wolf’s mood just then as she spoke of the loss of her family. Saxif could only slightly imagine the loss of her family. I lost my grandmother not long before I left. She was the only person who understood me. Every now and again I get deeply saddened by her death. The only thing that ever brings me out is thinking of all the good times we had. All the stories she use to tell me, of the nights when I would sneak from my mother to lay with her. It’s the good things that should be thought of. My uncle use to tell me that and it worked. I don’t know if that helps much but it might be better than thinking of how they died. Her eyes were bright with a hopeful gaze. She liked helping people and hoped she had in this moment.

I’ll be sure to bring you furs then. Anytime you need a hand with carrying things, or anything, please call on me. I can tell we are going to be good friends Shiloh. Saxif set down the wood. She had then reached over unhesitant and grabbed Shiloh’s hand giving it a light squeeze as though reassuring her the truth in her words. She held her paw there for a moment her golden hued eyes sparkling with joy of making a new friend. Then her focus returned to the task at hand. Well now. Where to begin? She wagged her tail excitedly as she looked down at the wood.

<style type="text/css">
.saxifwind-ooc {padding:10px 5px 0px 5px; font-style:oblique; font-family: modern; font-size:11px; text-align:center}
.saxifwind-ooc i {font-weight:italic; color:#ff9999; letter-spacing:1px}
.saxifwind b {font-family: comic sans; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; color:#ff9999; letter-spacing:1px}
.saxifwind p {font-family: roman; font-size:14px; text-indent:8px; padding:5px 5px; margin:0px;}
.saxifwind {margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... -1-1-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 5px 225px 5px; color:#B2B1B2; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21241c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
"Your in luck Saxif. I already got the twine and saplings to start making your hut. I'll show you how to tie the wood together," Shiloh said with a smile. She wasn't used to people touching her and smiled at Saxif's soft caring touch. She gave her hand a soft squeeze before pulling away and hugging her. "We will be friends for as long as I am alive. I know you won't judge me no matter what happens," she smiled and pulled away before grabbing two pieces of wood and the twine she had brought to the spot close by. She sat on a rock and started tying the would together, pulling them tightly and making sure there were no gaps. "Come here Saxif. Let me teach you how to tie the wood together so it doesn't fall apart," she said softly asking for the woman to sit down next to her.

"Here." she said handing Saxif some twine and some wood. "You take then knot and go under like this and over and pull it and repeat it on the next piece like this," she demonstrated on the next piece of wood. She smiled and hoped the huntress was a quick learner. She wanted to at least get a wall up and she was going to show Saxif how to build off the hut she was going to make. The ground was flat and a good place to have a hut. The rock she was on would be a good butchering stone and there was a lot of space for smoking and drying meat. She hoped Saxif liked where she had chosen and planned to make the hut in about a day, maybe two.