When help is needed
wc: 429

A white she wolf loped forward. tongue lolling out of her mouth as her breath came out in deep pants. Eyeing the vicinity. This was the place, or so she would guess so eyeing the deep foliage and bubbling sound of a spring creek close by.
Aletha then sat nervously by a tree the smell of the Aniwaya pack washed over her, it was a thick, rich aroma that harbored the tell of many other wolves who inhabited the area.
She had grown familiar with the many different members of phenix valley, not to familiar to leave her hiding niches mind you but comfortable living by them. Yet the smell of so many stranger made her have to squander her instinct to bolt with her tail tucked between her legs, as she had done most of her life.
She was a committed coward though, so the white and beige she wolf sat there with her stomach rolling uncomfortably with nerves.
She had agreed to help the Aniwaya pack, to help fix the pack to it's former glory in return for aid in her very own pack. Loyalty nor pity had made her agree to help, or because she was connected to them in any way, merely to try and make some friends and get a bit more accepted into the pack. Though a chance of a romp and time to get away didn't hurt to much.
On hind sight though it seemed like a completely fool hardy idea, all it had done was make her feel the urge to gag the field mice she had snacked on earlier in the day.
Mahogany eyes scanned the trees nervously, flicking to every glimmer of light and crack of twig. Letting out a soft whine she curled her tail tighter over her paws. Not willing to announce her presence to the unknown.
Slowly time passed as the sun grew higher and higher into the deep blue sky.
Muscles started to convulse and cramp from sitting hunched in the same position for an long nervous time. Also, the long track didn't help much. Though she had been a nomad for most of her life, the luxury of living in one area had taken it's toll on her stamina. Leaving her sore and cramped.
Shuffling downward onto her stomach and letting out a breathy sign of comfort that the warm ground was giving her.
Slowly the distant creek, warm swaying of grass, and bird song, relaxed her so much. Eyelids drooping lightheartedly as the sun acted as a warm blanket.
Slowly she lost conciseness.
[html]

I figure they could probably build some fences or something? c: 501 words.

Though the girl had the wanderlust deep in her soul, Foxglove did not spend nearly as much time travelling as she once had. Her arrival in the tribe had been fairly recent, but she had not yet even stepped foot outside of the borders after her acceptance. The young Tsula Agateno was grateful for the opportunity to live in the tribe and she wanted nothing more than to show them her gratitude by doing all that she could for them. Foxglove would feel the pull soon, she suspected, but she would not go far; her duties as a scout allowed her the freedom of movement without the guilt that accompanied it with pack life. The band of gypsies had been different, of course, but if she were to roam now as she did then, it would not bode well for her comfort in the pack. Foxglove needed to settle more.

Lolita had described the wolfdog Liliana in detail, but the young blonde girl had yet to meet her, something that nonplussed her a great deal. It would happen eventually, she knew, unless the woman had left the tribe entirely, but she would have expected to run into her by now. Along with her usual scouting duties, Foxglove often searched for the Vess woman, but there had been no luck thus far. Humming to herself, the young blonde wolfdog moved gracefully, keen emerald eyes searching the area around her. Not only did she have her scouting duties to attend to, but she also was searching for the members of the neighboring pack. The tribe had an alliance, she was told, and the members would be working to rebuild after the storm. Foxglove had not been here for the storm, and it had apparently ravaged the area only weeks, maybe even days, after she had parted ways with her sister and her barely-known father to leave with her mother and eldest sister. It must have been devestating.

Adorned in the usual gypsy-wear of her two-legged form, Foxglove fiddled with the ribbons of the corset-style top with one lithe hand, the fingers of the other dancing gently over the loose, thick braid she wore her hair in on one side of her head. Her thoughts had drifted, but she still had enough awareness of her surroundings to realize that she was not alone on this day. She studied the stranger, peering at her down her long muzzle and over the light pink nose that tipped it, folded ear twitching briefly. The wolf was no one that she recognized and the scent was not the fragrant, familiar scent of the tribe, but she was not worried. She was hardly one to be hostile to strangers; the girl was seemingly beyond her years, affected by the condition that her mother was afflicted with, though she was so very different from the creamy-furred Monroe Matriarch. Foxglove suspected that this wolf might be a member of the allied pack, here to help rebuild, perhaps. "Hello," she called breathily.

<style type="text/css">
.foxgltrans02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.foxgltrans02 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.foxgltrans02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.foxgltrans02 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/168/foxgltrans.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
ooc: Sounds good to me Smile
wc: 444

In her soothing sleep, everything was perfect.
The sun's light danced merrily on the frosty ground. Small paw pads padded on the course arctic grasses that differed from green to burgundy mosses. Exited yips burst forth from pink fur lined lips. The small beige and white pup who could be none other the Althea tousled on the ground with a larger grey toned male. She growled happily and in mock anger trying to nip his clawed paws.
Both started to grow. They grew till they were about adolescents, though never leaving there game or taking notice to there changing forms.
Aletha snapped at his tail, plucking a few grey hairs from there very root.
"Hey! Now did you have to?" He laughed staring at her in a brotherly manner.
"Well no one was going to do it besides me, little brother." She laughed breezily. The male smiled affectionally back, yet slowly his form rippled. Shrinking, turning an copper autumn color. Till a old grey muzzled fox sat in a forest that had once been the flat tundra.
"Kale?" The she wolf gasped.
The fox smiled mournfully before turning to dust. Leaving a half mad stare of an coyote behind in his shadow. The creature sat hunched and unmoving eyes focused on Althea. Glowering. Saliva dripping and dribbling down her jaws.
"I tried to warn you." A steely voice said behind. Whirling around in a dreamers confusion. Althea stood as a puppy looking up to a beautiful fluffy white she wolf who could only glare frostily down upon her.
"No one can be trusted..."

[html] "Hello"

Mahogany eyes snapping open in alarm. The she wolf stumbled onto her legs witch did not agree to holding her weight so suddenly. Bewildered she blinked away the sleep, confusion and terror from her eyes. Glancing wide eyed at the stranger who stared curiously at her. Eyes scanned the figure, from her ribbons that fluttered in the wind, to her long blond tresses that danced as well. Forcing back a shudder of fear that the humanoid shape always seemed to give her.
"Um, hello. I' am from the phenix valley pack. And um well, help was requested and I v-volunteered." She said uneasily eyes dropping to her paws in discomfort.
Clearing her thought she attempted to speak again.
"I hope I can be of service. I don't well... shift you see." She mumbled again eyes now focusing on a large fly that bobbed up and down with a velvety green piece of grass.
Chancing an other glance up at the decorated wolf, with anxious eyes of an feral creature not used to interaction.
[html]

519 words.

Though her voice was soft and melodic, it was apparent that the gypsy girl's sudden appearance had startled the wolf from the valley. Foxglove waited in silence for a moment, clasping her hands in front of her until the female steadied herself enough to speak. In the moments that passed, the gypsy studied the wolf in silence. She was obviously very nervous, but she did not appear to harbor ill will towards the tribe. It confused the blonde wolfdog that she had been asleep, for she did not understand why anyone would offer themselves as help and then fall asleep on a strange pack's land, but then, Foxglove was not the typical wolf. Her view on life was different than most, she knew, because of her affliction.

A soft smile graced her petite shepherd's muzzle after Aletha had finished speaking. Foxglove had never spent much time around those that could not shift, for she had been born that way. Dahlia de Mai had been made up almost entirely of those who could change, and the Hungarian pack her mother had brought them to had also been the same. There had been a few regular wolves that had travelled with the band of gypsies she had quickly considered family, but all the same, the majority had been able to shift. The young Monroe girl did not know what she would be able to do to help rebuild the tribe after the storm, and she suspected it would be more difficult than she had originally expected if her partner could not use hands like she could, but they would manage. It was the willingness to do it that mattered the most.

"Well then, hello, Valley wolf," she addressed, for the female had not given her name. "I am Foxglove Monroe, a Tsula Agateno of this tribe. I am glad you volunteered yourself to help us rebuild. I am told that we need it," she added. Foxglove had not been able to see the tribe before the storm, so she had not seen the devestation caused by the snows. She thought over the things that the pack would be in need of. Fences might be a good place for them to start, and supplies should not be too hard to find. They would need wood and something to connect the pieces with. Nails were a possibility, and she did have some back in her hut (she had learned much from the gypsies, including that it was important to carry all one might ever need and to travel as light as possible), but she might also be able to use rope to connect them.

Yes, that all sounded good to her. "Maybe we could build some fences," she suggested. The wolf from the valley would not be able to put nails into the wood or tie the pieces together, but she could help by gathering the pieces of wood and even holding them while Foxglove worked to connect them. The monroe girl considered the plausibility of doing it that way, and it seemed entirely possible for them to succeed in building some fences.

<style type="text/css">
.foxgltrans02 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.foxgltrans02 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/168/foxgltrans.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
wc:436

Her stomach clenching sheepishly from her little nap before meeting up with the Aniwaya member. It wasn't the most promising first impression. Painfully hoping it would not degrade her spot any further down the ranks.

Aletha brown eyes focused upon her feet, counting every toe and nail. Sometimes her eyes would dart back up briefly to look up at Foxglove Monroe. Taking in the ribbons and strange decorations once again, with curious and nervous eyes. Having come from the north growing up alone and wild as her ancient ancestors had. she was not accustomed to such decor upon ones body with exception of fur and the odd trinket. Though the idea was alluring and a tad revolting. Her eyes resting back on the silver cuff from her long at peace friend.

The shepard mix did not look like any sense of threat. Nor could she feel any bad feelings. Only wary welcome. That alone helped calm her jumpy nature, and replaced it with the eager sense to please.

Looking up eyes focused in her idea of politeness on the soft pink nose of gypsy wolf so different yet similar. Ears gently tipped as she listened to Foxglove's welcome and introduction.

"I'm Aletha, j-just Aletha I guess. Nor have I been around enough to understand the pack structure very well to know my title of rank" Words said gently, spreading out slowly, giving her time to think of the next sounds and verses and polish it up as much as possible.

"It'll be a pleasure I'm sure to help" She murmured bobbing her head downwards, her words picking up speed as she tensed a bit. Tongue brushing over the fur on her chest as a small distraction.

The white she wolf slowly raised to her long legs trying to show her readiness to help and assist.
"Um but miss? How could I possibly help? I don't have those long paw pads you shifting folk have. Neither the able to reach high." Her voice echoed eerily through the trees, the faint accent making her words blur and slur together.

Her mind wandering to what fences even were? And how could some one build something one didn't even know. All the young she wolf really understood was, stealth, hunting small prey, astronomy and staying warm in a snow storm. None of that seemed like it would help at all in building...

Forcing her muscles to relax and some bravo into her soul she stood up a bit straighter. “And were would these fences, need to be built” She said testing the word like a strange bit of prey.
[html]

435 words.

Certainly she had not known what to expect from this exchange of help with the pack of wolves they were allied with, but Foxglove had not been expecting such a nervous creature to be partnered with her. Her head tilted slightly to the side curiously as she noted the stutter in the Valley wolf's voice. As a young girl, hardly even an adult by physical means, the honey-toned Monroe girl did not think she was in the least bit threatening, but she supposed that Aletha might just be nervous in general. She seemed uncertain, and Foxglove could feel the wolf's eyes on her, and realized that perhaps Aletha was unaccustomed to those who could shift. It would make sense if that was the case, as she had already admitted to her inability to change. That was no matter, though. It would be fine.

"It is a pleasure, Aletha." The words were spoken with a warm, genuine tone. This sort of courtesy had not been taught to her by her mother, often brash in her own nature, but by the gypsies she had fallen in with so comfortably. "In AniWaya, our titles describe our duties within the tribe. As a Tsula Agateno, I am a scout for the tribe," she explained. Though they were meant to work together to rebuild after the damage was done by the snows, the blonde wolfdog thought it would not hurt to learn about the cultures of the packs from each other. It would be a good experience, she hoped, though in the back of her mind, she was thinking of the sorry truth that she had not yet found the wolfdog Liliana.

She smiled with understanding as the Valley wolf expressed her concerns over her ability to be of much help because of her inability to change forms. Though it would add a challenge to this situation, certainly, the gypsy girl knew that they could find a way to make it work so they could at least build some fences, or repair broken ones. Actually, that would be a better idea, she decided then. "I was just thinking about that. Maybe you could help by holding the pieces of wood together while I secure them with nails or rope? We will need to go to my hut quickly, as I did not bring my satchel with me, but then we can go straight to the barns and work to repair the fences there. You could also help by gathering up bits of wood to use, too, if you wanted to." She hoped that the wolf would find these ideas useful.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
wc: 406

Althea dark brown eyes once again critically scanned, the light lemon stranger who stood at what would usually be an uncomfortable distance, to close that is. Foxglove seemed young maybe as young as herself though it was hard to tell when someone from your own species stands on different legs then you and a much, much different shape and look. As well as the need to arch her neck up rather uncomfortable. It would be more comfortable to sit though she wouldn't back down now, she already made her self look like a pitiful coward.

Slowly, the white and beige she wolf's walls started to crumble with the more familiarity and kindness this Aniwaya showed. Attempting a small grin, with long canines peaking out and white bushy tail wagging lightly as the other female spoke.
"Oh, That must be an honor to do." She said sincerely, trying to be as polite and kind as possible. "I really am just there, in my pack that is. I don’t really know what to do so I just care for myself" Her voice sounding a tad wistfully as she rolled her sinewy shoulders in shrug of pretending carelessness.
Eyes glimmering lightly as the conversation sorted into her brain to be used later and give her a better understanding of the new world she had agreed to be apart of.

"Yes mam, I'll try my best, but I might need some help. though..." She said mind churning a hundred miles an hour at all this new information. "So are fences, those half trees that have no leaves and branches connect with one an other. Sorta holding prey creatures with in." Voice unsure as she tried to recall some of the others conversation and Noah's who had done his best to welcome her in and explain some of the mechanics of it all. It would have been wrong to say she did not have any friends. Because she did have that old three legged wolf, who was becoming her fatherly figure and filled up a gap that had never really been filled before by her own nomadic sire.

"So must we be going? And do you think it's possible to hunt along the trail, I haven't had much of a proper meal in my travels here." She said shyly feeling a but silly asking for food when they had already delayed to long on there introductions and work must be done.
[html]

560 words.

The young Monroe girl did not know whether or not it was truly considered an honor to be a scout for the tribe, but it was a duty she enjoyed and was more than glad to do. The tribe had given her a home when she had not had one to go to, and she was so very thankful for that. They had offered her an end, hopefully a permanent one, to her sojourn. For that reason, she was more than willing to do any work for the tribe that they asked of her, and then some. It was part of why she had chosen a profession path so early when so many chose to be ranked as a basic member while they gave it some serious thought, and it was also a part of why she had so readily volunteered to help with projects she did not know how to complete on her own. Though she had been hoping to be paired with someone that knew what they were doing, it seemed that Aletha was as clueless as she was when it came to the construction of buildings. Fences should be easy enough for them to accomplish together, though, or so she hoped.

Despite the initial hesitation, the Valley wolf did not seem to be nearly as unsure as she had been only moments prior when Foxglove had found her napping on the borders. In fact, she seemed quite willing to help, if only put off by the idea that she might not be as much help as another would. Foxglove nodded kindly, a distant sort of gesture; she was rarely all there, if only because of her condition. The blonde gypsy wolfdog was genuinely enthusiastic, however, despite the airy motion. "Yes, those are what fences are. We are in need of them, I hear, and they might be the best option for us and we should be able to make a few," she said cheerfully.

The tribal wolfdog peered at her curiously but simply nodded once more. "I will lead the way to my hut and then to the spot where we can begin to build," she spoke, "and you may hunt small game along the way if you wish." It had not been the young girl's plan to do that right now, but she did not mind if Aletha did. The young Monroe girl walked quietly as she led the Valley wolf to her hut, ducking inside for a moment to gather up a satchel of things she might need: some nails, rope, and a large rock she could use to hammer the nails, for she did not own a hammer or anything else of the sort. When she was finished, she returned outside to be with her building partner, leading her then to the barn.

"We should begin with this," she decided, indicating a broken fence that was lying on its side in the grass some ways away. It would likely only take some rope to fix, and maybe a nail or two, as only a few of the long, horizontal posts had been broken away from the vertical posts. "If you want to help hold this vertical part up, I can tie this part with some rope," she suggested, one lithe hand gently touching the post she wished for Aletha to hold up for her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
wc: 450

Aletha smiled gently and a tad nervously at the wolf dog with the blond tresses. Who knows maybe she would enjoy this. Even if she decided to leave the pack at least she would go with the knowledge of how to build fences, just wether she would need to know that our not was a good question.
"All-right" She said quietly but with small smile gracing her features. Feeling very privileged for the permission to hunt on an other packs land. One last look back with a quick promise to not take long, the half baffin island wolf fled into the woods.

She bounded off, easily bouncing off the logs, twisting around trees, and dewy ferns. Running made her feel freer and happier then when ever she slept or fed. To run was defiantly her thing and the day she was to old for it she hoped would never catch up.
A couple meters from Foxglove Monroe’s trail. She stopped to smell the ground. The heavy fragrance of warm fertile dirt and leaf matter, filled her nostrils with there earthy perfume. All the scents barly masking the barest trace of a fine spring hare, maybe a few if she was lucky. She rose her elegantly shaped head. Body now tense like those old pictures of the human times of a hunting hound. The female creature shivering slightly with the prospect of game.
Leaping through the foliage now more silent, stealthy and deadly. All those aspects sharpened after a whole small life time of trial and error.

A small while later she came out of the brambles carrying three limp carcasses of rabbits just losing the soft white winter fur. One was already almost striped clean of flesh though to much to be left to waste. Sniffing the way back to Foxglove over the heavy scent of fresh spilled blood and rabbit, further into the forest.
The trail led by one of those tree huts witch smelled heavily of Foxglove. They were quite common in the valley. Though she was still carefully to avoid it.
Reaching her partner by some bulky hoofed creatures she lay the rabbit a little ways from her feet. The fur lightly matted with saliva.
"I caught a few, if yourself is hungry." She said briskly though eyes glimmered with pride for her fine catches.

Turning to the new task at hand Althea eyed it critically. Trying to decide how to hold the thing up. Having decided she grabbed the log like a giant stick in-between her teeth. Her neck muscles let out a small protest not used to such a workout, but she held it as firmly as possible with her knees and joints slightly buckled.
[html]

500 words.

The majority of the walk to her hut had been in solitude, despite having the wolf from the Valley as a companion in rebuilding after the storm. Aletha had been polite in asking permission to hunt and the young blonde girl had seen no reason that she should not be allowed to. In fact, they would likely work with more enthusiasm if they were not hungry, so Foxglove was glad that the white and beige wolf had requested the tribal wolfdog's permission. Though she was not particularly hungry herself, the gypsy girl could not begrudge Aletha's natural need for food. It seemed only fitting, as well, that she be treated well when she had volunteered to come to a foreign pack to help them rebuild. It was an interesting experience for them both, it seemed to her.

"Thank you," the young Monroe girl said sincerely at the offer of a rabbit for herself as Aletha returned from her short hunting trip. "Perhaps I will cook one for myself in a bit, after we have repaired the fences some," she added, for that was the main task at hand. Becoming more acquainted with one another and their respective packs seemed to also be an important part of this mutual agreement to help between the packs, but Foxglove knew that they needed to accomplish something related to the rebuilding, as well. Perhaps the fences would not be the most obvious when they were repaired, for certainly new or repaired buildings would be much more noticable, but the gypsy girl was confident that they were doing something extremely useful for the tribe and its livestock, interesting creatures that they were, though she knew little of them. Her skills did not include animal tending.

As the bicolored wolf from the Valley did as Foxglove instructed with only a bit of strain, Foxglove rummaged through her bag for her rope. Because of the damage done to the end of the horizontal board, it did not seem as if it could be fixed with a nail. Rather, she pulled out a length of rope, using a small knife from the bottom of her satchel to sever it from the rest. It was with awkward movements that she looped it first around the horizontal post and then around the vertical post above and below the horizontal board, clumsily tying it as tightly as she could when she was finished. It was not skilled worksmanship, obviously, but she had looped it around multiple times, overlaying the rope in many places. It looked like it would hold well enough.

With a small, surprisingly proud smile, she said, "There," her tone humble despite the pride that bloomed within her at completing that part of the task. "Now, if you want to help me move it up against the sections that are still standing, I can nail it to them," she suggested, holding a different vertical post so they could move it together to stand against other parts of the fence.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]