Im at your borders, stealing your secrets
(couldn't resist the title)

He had put this off for long enough. The trip had almost not started as he had met a freakishly scared boy as quickly as he had left Dahlia. This trip though had a purpose; he’d seek out Conor, and maybe put an end to his suffering, or drive him further away. For now he wasn’t sure, but after this trip was finished, he’d have a better idea he supposed. And what better place to visit on a wonderful spring day than Inferni, because to understand the soul line, he’d have to seek out those who had seen his father’s butchery first hand. It would take probably all the restraint he had not to piss off the coyote clan, with any luck he’d be able to walk from their lands neutral to them, most likely he feared that just by mentioning his name he’d become an enemy. It was a risk he’d take, and he’d take the heat if he had to. It wasn’t just for him, but for Nayru and the others. Closure was something they needed, whether or not they knew this or not.

Finally he reached the borders, eyes noticed the skulls, similar to the one Talitha had given a few days earlier to Nayru. Saluce sat atop his horse, donned with his armor plating, and with his great hammer Vulcan on his back, he through back his head and gave a long grand howl to announce a wolf at the borders. Charlemagne snorted afterwards in disgust, he hated this foolishness but didn’t have much choice the matter.

Saluce sat there, a bit nervous but awaiting whomever answered the call.
[html]

Since you wanted this more to be with Gabriel, I'm keeping Zeke in the background. Smile

Without the title and burden of Aquila, Gabriel had been given freedom to do more or less whatever he pleased. He could not hunt very well anymore, but was still fast enough to catch rabbits. These fed him well enough, but the clan made certain none of their elders went hungry. His company was not unwelcomed, and more often than not he, his mother, and Kesho would spend their days near the buildings (though Gabriel refused to make this his home, preferring the cave still) or at the shore.

However, he was still a leader to his children and as such Ezekiel came to him often with concerns. Though his rather independent son was capable of leading, he expressed desires to leave and visit Alaine still. They had been discussing the matter, along with Ezekiel’s worries about his sub-leaders, when the call had come from nearby. Ezekiel had risen to leave, and Gabriel, without thought, came with him. Even though the younger male was his superior, Ezekiel subconsciously trailed behind his father’s four-legged body.

What they found surprised both males. Ezekiel had drawn his bow long before the wolf and his horse came into sight, and now tensed on the arrow. Neither male could risk fighting someone mounted and armored, but a well-aimed shot could kill him (or his horse) and even the odds some. Gabriel, sensing his son’s tension by the change in pace, addressed the wolf from afar. Ezekiel, while the reigning Aquila, said nothing—he kept his arm tense and ready to draw and let the arrow fly if the need came.

<style>
.mel-crosstxt-box {background-image:url(http://imgur.com/D0dTU.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:178px; height:237px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.mel-crosstxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.mel-crosstxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.mel-crosstxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.mel-crosstxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.mel-crosstxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
The behemoth’s blue eyes moved in the direction of the noise. Knowing without a doubt their borders would be guarded well if not better than Dahlia’s was for the moment. What he found surprised him somewhat. Two males, obviously very wolf like for Coyotes, one on four legs, the other on two with a bow and arrow, as if a simple call was enough to evoke a response in anger. But he didn’t care, they had their reasons he supposed as he awaited whatever decision would transpire between the two.

Finally the shifted male called out to him, maybe in an effort to ascertain his agenda, or maybe to calm him before they let loose a fury of arrows and fangs at him, he surely didn’t know either but his own response was quick to rumble back at them.

“I am here simply in a peaceful manner, I am Saluce Trembley of Dahlia de Mai.” He stated his intentions plainly, and afterwards his form rose from his giant horse’s saddle to fall to the ground in a less threatening manner. After all he wouldn’t get any information if he didn’t at least attempt to be social able.
[html]

--

Ezekiel had not been present for the Dahlian Wars, but he had heard horror stories from those who had survived them and seen the graves of those who had not. His aggression lay with the events that had transpired then and since his rise to Aquila.

His father, in contrast, bore scars from both wars and knew the source and depth of his hatred was justified. Coldly he listened to the burly wolf’s address. It did not surprise him the brute was from Dahlia, but the name brought a shadow across his already dark face. The aging warrior grunted an order to his son. Another might have found the Aquila’s response surprising—he obeyed. Ezekiel was still young within his father’s eyes and green in his leadership role. He was a soldier masquerading as an emperor and those in power knew it. The armed coyote lowered his bow only slightly, and remained standing at rapt attention as his father traveled down the slope to meet the gray giant.

The imposing size of the male paled in comparison to others he had seen (namely, the wolf who had chased him off with an axe once before) but Gabriel remained wary none the less. His lupus form, while massive in its own right, was nothing when he stood next to such a tall Optime. Keeping a respectable distance, though no fear showed in him, the wolfish hybrid spoke in his gruff, usual manner. “Dahlia is not welcome here. You should know that.” Harsh; the way one might address a child. “What is it you want, wolf?”

<style>
.mel-crosstxt-box {background-image:url(http://imgur.com/D0dTU.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:178px; height:237px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.mel-crosstxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.mel-crosstxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.mel-crosstxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
Saluce watched with curious eyes, he had never traveled up so close to these borders to see them himself. And he wasn’t disappointed with their proud show of skulls that littered their borders. The very thought alone of a packs existence defined by nothing but war and hatred seemed sad to the behemoth. His existence had been defined by that during his younger years, true he was still young but he knew the terrible road of hatred and blood and it had left him a shallow and lonesome man. Now though he stood tall, his own history had changed to reflect the growing light and substance he now held within him and the words and actions the male gave to him no longer really irritated him as much as they would have just a few months ago. There would be no peace with Inferni, maybe after a time there would be mutual respect but no peace, no friendly exchanges, and there wasn’t a damn thing anyone could do about it. The blood that ran between the two packs was as old and dark as the seas of hell itself.

Saluce did something he didn’t often do then, his right arm raised up and criss-crossed his chest in the form of a cross before addressing what clearly looked like their alpha, and if he wasn’t he was still someone who carried an immense amount of weight with this clan.

“I am here to discuss something that I’m sure you will not be happy with, and I’m pretty sure this will not end well but I’m here looking for Conor Soul, to find him and determine what sort of illness the man has and if needed put him to rest as humanly as I can.” His remark still exposed a bit of revere for the man. But it also showed an extreme ignorance to the man’s history and his father, since Saluce had not been here to see Haku’s reign for himself. The massive man’s hands sat at his waist, eyes looking once to the man before him then off toward the male with the bow. He could easily protect his more vital parts from an arrow long enough if he had to, if the male before him decided to strike.
[html]

-cough- Gabe wears a cross so yeah, Saluce might have seen that.

Gabriel’s already dark expression only turned ferocious at the sign of the cross. Had they intentionally sent a man here to mock him? Around his neck the holy sings jingled as his head lifted, amber eyes gleaming. A massive wolf, showing him the cross, asking about the Soul line. If it was meant to stir his blood, it did. Off-white teeth flashed as his dark lips pulled away, voice rising slightly with anger.

“That pathetic boy never came to these borders. If he had, I would have done to him what I did to his father.” A warning, terrible and cruel. Gabriel had destroyed what remained of Haku as best he could. His intention had not begun with seeing the Soul line wiped from the earth, but it had become an obsession the more he allowed it to fester. “You cannot seek to cure him, only destroy him. There is no cure for his kind.” The ghost of a smile played in his eyes, terrible and pitiless.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
(honestly I never noticed myself ooc, I just knew that he might have known of the bible, but in Saluce’s defense he’s at the infamous borders of inferni, which could very well mean his last night so that act and even reciting last rights would be plausible for a practicing catholic. Also sorry was kinda all over the place on this post ><))

Saluce watched his reaction with interest, he felt himself beginning to bristle in response to the lupus coyote or whatever it was he was since he was truly just a mutt in his eyes. But what surprised him was his reaction to the cross, Saluce had practiced this faith since childhood and he had yet to meet anyone over here that new of the bible. Saluce let his flood of emotions roll over like a tide as his eyes looked at the cross and other charms hanging from the man’s neck.

He skipped over everything that had been said as he spoke “You know of our lord and father?” his voice replaced with curiosity and almost wonder. Saluce was no racist and he didn’t hate anyone because of the gene’s they carried, he just generally hated everyone equally, but how could he hate someone that at the moment seemed to be of the same faith as him.

But he had offered some insight into Conor’s past and he couldn’t overlook it as much as he wanted to at least try to talk with someone about their own faith, and it was probably too late for that even now. “That’s what I guessed. Seems the excuse for an alpha was hiding things from us all. From what I heard his father started the same way…” it was interesting how Saluce dealt with the man before him. He was not intimidated at all by him, even his aggression, that glint that spoke of years of battle, maybe because Saluce feared no one, hard to say but he almost treated his hostility by ignoring it and responding like he was conversing in a normal conversation.
[html]

+3It's okay! I list his things in his profile, for future reference.

Scintilla, where Gabriel had been given his cross, was made up of all sorts of mongrels. Most were coyotes and dogs, for wolves did not venture that far south without invasion on their mind. He had heard rumors of other faiths springing up throughout the land, and some sounded like downright fantasy. In one, a pack of wolves who followed the Man-Jesus was slaughtered by one woman. In another, a giant of a wolf had slaughtered a cult who killed members alive. He had scoffed at these. This was why finding a wolf who knew the gesture only surprised him slightly. Our Lord. In many ways, the idea of sharing his faith with a wolf revolted him.

The wolf was right to show little fear—Gabriel was incapable of doing much in his current state. Ezekiel, high on the hill, was the true danger. Still, it showed he was either brave or incredibly stupid. “Yes,” Gabriel said flatly. “I know God.” He did not use the phrase unintentionally. Gabriel heard the Voice of God. He would not admit this to a wolf, though. Even his children did not know of such a thing. “And I knew Haku as well. He is dead now, as he should have been years ago. Your pack deserved what it got for allowing him to gain power. It is a shame your whole forest didn’t burn.” There was no mercy within him for Dahlia. Had he the power, Gabriel would have seen to it that no one made it out alive. Total war was not an unknown, nor unwelcomed, concept to the former Aquila. “His son was no better. He raped one of my nieces.” Halo’s name was not spoken, for Gabriel did not intend to shame her before a wolf. “You should be happy he’s gone.”

<style>
</style>
[/html]
(I'm the worlds worst at updating my profile ><)

Saluce crossed his arms as the man still hostile continued on his rant. True Haku had been allowed to live for way to long from everything he had heard. But Conor was another story; the news of him raping a girl in Inferni seemed almost out of character. His eyebrow arched in surprise, this was news to him. But it was obvious, if Haku was his father that the man named Conor could have started to follow down the same path. So it shouldn’t have surprised him but it did and he could feel the heat of anger starting to push through his exterior.

“He’ll die one way or the other, either by my hand or by someone else’s that’s for sure,” he spat out his demeanor instantly changing. Rape wasn’t something Saluce could excuse, the warrior had done many things in his life but that was the lowest of the low. There was no patching up any type of relationship with Inferni it seemed to him now as clear as it had ever been.

Then his attention turned back to the man. His anger clearly written across his frame but he didn’t allow it to boil up and fester out toward him. Saluce was too good of a man to provoke him, and he was clearly not an idiot either.

“You have any idea where he might have gone?” if he had raped his niece, there could have been a birth from it. It may give him a way to go, information to go on. Something so this dog could be put down. If that was all he would offer though it would go a long way in his hunt for the man. While Saluce didn’t have any love for this pack, he respected the both of them enough that he would linger much longer.
[html]

You should! Update profiles are especially awesome for the people you play with, it makes it easy to describe what a character looks like, is wearing, and ect. And you'll have a nifty image for that soon, so you can throw that in there as well! Smile

It did not surprise Gabriel that a wolf would not believe in the fall of his former alpha. Wolves (and even coyotes, as he had learned) had surprising amounts of devotion to their superiors. Even since his retirement from Aquila the clan still looked to Gabriel, and not Ezekiel, for answers. Gabriel, not Ezekiel, was still consider Aquila by some. This irritated the dog-looking hybrid if only for the simple fact when it came to war, it was Ezekiel that would lead them. Gabriel would linger behind with his mother and Kesho and feel the truth of his uselessness.

The aggression brought a cruel smile to Gabriel’s face. He didn’t think wolves were as peaceful and gentle as they imagined, and it pleased him to see this was the truth. Haku had raped, and the wolves had let that go unpunished. Gabriel did not forget. Not when he could feel his Shadow on his face. “It was not here,” Gabriel said patiently, amber eyes dark. “So don’t come back. Conor and his father have harmed enough in this pack; my family especially. I would advise you, and your superiors, to remember that. Dahlia is no friend to Inferni.” A strong proclamation for an elder without any true say, but Gabriel knew the clan well enough to know he spoke the truth. Ezekiel would support his father’s decision, just as he had supported his sister’s decision to only allow halfbreeds within the clan.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
He guessed this little meeting had been about as well as he gathered it would be. Conor’s family had been a constant nemesis to this man and he probably had every right to be bitter about it, but Saluce himself was not a part of that mess. But still it made his hackles rise as his blue eyes looked down at the crippled half-blood below him. Everyone had a shadow within them, without evil there was no good, and Saluce knew his temper very well. The look of utter contempt shown through his menacing stature. No paw stepped forward and no limb moved, he’d respect the invisible border between them for now. But if there would be threats than let there be threats.

“Friendship is not what I came to find. Talitha made Inferni’s intentions perfectly clear with her little visit a few days ago. Condemn the innocent, such… Righteous ambitions, Truth is what I wanted to find, and if what you have said is true, then I’ll purge his lineage from this earth myself.”

He mounted his horse then teeth flashing as anger boiled within him. Oh how he’d love to relapse right now, love to rend some flesh. Old ways die hard, and the behemoth wasn’t a man who never forgot the monster he could be.

“There will never be peace as long as sins of those before us are hung over the heads of the innocent.” The horse was given a swift nudge as it was urged forward away from the demon’s lands. He didn’t out right say it but his body language said as much, given the chance, Saluce would have out right attempted to kill him.
[html]

Again, as he had heard from so many before, the wolf showed his hate though he did not speak it. Gabriel remained impassive. He did not fear any mortal, not after having slaughtered a demon—not while his son lingered behind him with an arrow ready to fire. The wolf snarled and snapped and showed the nature that Gabriel had come to expect from them. It pleased him to hear his daughter had stayed true to Inferni’s path. They were not made to be soft or friendly as their neighbors, not after all that had happened to them.

Gabriel watched as the wolf thundered away, but he said nothing more. He did not need to explain himself to people like that. His mother, daughter, and niece had all felt the cruelty of men. His sister might have been the forth if not for Halo’s swiftness. There was no mercy and no forgiveness in Gabriel. Ezekiel’s approach from behind was silent, and if not for his strong scent, Gabriel would not have realized the boy had joined him at his side. Yet the former-Aquila said nothing, and in his own way, Ezekiel understood.

<style>
</style>
[/html]