[leader needed!] give me strength to guide me,
I really hope I'm doing this right. Sad

Character Name: Kanoe "Kaneonuskatew" del Sur
Character Birthdate: March 15th, 2004
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci by birth.
Species:: Coyote
Your e-mail: Moonbrook@gmail.com
A secondary form of contact: MSN: Enigmaticwolf@hotmail.com
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: I've known about 'Souls for about five years now through links on various roleplays, mainly WWS.
Initial post:

[html]
Today he tread lightly, paws brushing the ground with the lightest of touches as if to leave even the smallest of flora, the grass and the sprouts, pristine. The intention behind such caution was not saved for the plants, rather the clan who's scent alerted his senses not an hour earlier. His pace was tentative, calculated and precise; pale gaze roving to and fro as he rooted about, lowering himself to a crouch to sniff at a marker. The information was loud and clear: a recently claimed territory, borders marked so vividly that he had no trouble discerning where the free land ended and the clan lands began. A strong congregation, no doubt, judging from the marker information that read like the pages of a book.

Lifting a hand to part the branches of a pine, he stepped through the created opening onto the threshold of an expansive plain, grasses spreading before him as far as the eye could see. Kanoe blinked a few times to clear his mind, digesting the scene before him in record time; the wind rippled through the stalks, brushing them together with a soft hssh sound, soothing to the ears after weeks of nothing but birds and the occasional chime-like trickling of water. Lifting his head, Kanoe stared up at the sky, overcast with the threat of rain looming to the east in the form of thick, heavy clouds. It was decided, no more wandering. Time to make peace and start anew.

Finding a small formation of rock a respectful distance from the borders, Kanoe seated himself, withdrawing from his leather satchel a wooden flute of which he lifted to his mouth. Wrapping his lips around it's familiar form, he blew gently, feeling the rush of air whistle with a resonating, sultry note across his moving fingers. Earth Mother, give me the will to aid me, the knowledge to console me and the strength to guide me, He mused silently, falling into a light subconsciousness from the lull of the flute and the accompanying sounds of nature.
[/html]
[html]
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304 ... d/rawr.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:160px; background-position:top center; background-color:#FEFEFE">

That is one heck of a name. XD AWESOME avatar, by the way. :]

------Anselm could be a baffling specimen--all at once he followed strict routines while maintaining no schedule whatsoever. He did rounds about the borders a minimum of twice daily, but they were not always at the same time of day. He exercised and practised shifting (and various other techniques to improve strength, flexibility, and dexterity), but again, it wasn't like he did it every day at 8 AM or high noon. Otherwise, he ate when hungry and slept when tired. Everything else would just need to be done at some point in between.
------Presently, the wolfish male was making one of his rounds. It did not take very long for the scent of a nearby alien to tickle his senses and catapult him into action. Half-shifted, he began moving at a brisk pace in the direction of the scent. His posture elevated as he stood to his full height, tail and ears erect. Almost immediately he caught the unnatural sound of the flute, and instantly he was baffled by it. It wasn't a bird, but it wasn't a wolf or coyote's song, either. It was too light for the latter, and not necessarily shrill enough for the former. Far from a cultured music enthusiast, his reaction was more or less What. The. Fuck.
------His pace quickened, but his movements were fluid and relaxed. Before too long, he spotted the shifted coyote perched rather contentedly on the boulder just beyond Inferni's borders. A growl tugged at the back of his throat, but he swallowed it and simply glared. Who was this guy, coming here shifted, sitting up high on his throne, and making such surreal and unusual noises with a stick? He didn't smell of Faolin or Gabriel, so he was an outsider. He hadn't trespassed, and he was way more coyote than he was, though. Three strikes minus two pluses and a neutral left him still in the slightly negative range. "I suppose you have a good reason for sitting way up there right on the edge of claimed territory, eh?" His voice wasn't as mean as it could have been, but there was definitely a demand involved. Act appropriate; explain yourself at once.

[/html]
Hehe, it's a killer to pronounce too! And thank you. <3

[html]
A rustling coupled with a sudden shift in the wind brought Kanoe out of his reverie, alerting him to the presence of another. The sultry sound of the flute came to pause as he lowered the instrument, ears swiveling forward as they keyed in on the distinct sound of paw fell. Taking a quick inventory of this new information, he deduced that this was a member of the clan though he knew not the name of it. Furthermore, this was a larger male with a scent diluted in comparison to his own; a hybrid or perhaps a muddling of genes with distinct lines long forgotten in the passage of time.

However, before Kanoe could compromise himself and slide back down to ground level, the male emerged from inside the borders. Pale eyes roved over the wolf-ish form in stark surprise, not expecting to see such an odd combination of features. The moment passed quickly and without a word he jerked his gaze to the ground, ears set back at half-mast and tail curling like a vine about his leg. Well, strike one. Cursing himself inwardly for not thinking his actions through more thoroughly, he moved slowly from his perch atop the formation, crouched submissively as not to provoke the male into thinking he meant any harm. His feet touched ground once more and he ducked, the edges of his shawl folding around him as he lay his hands against the dirt, his muzzle lowered in a bow, My sincerest apologies, I mean no ill will towards you or your clan. His voice was ashen, dusty from three months of scarce usage. Figuring this wolf-'yote was in no mood for long stories, Kanoe cut to the chase, My name is Kanoe del Sur and I am seeking a home. To you I can offer my strength, wit and my skills in medicine in return for whatever your clan sees fit to grant me. His tone was humble, obliging. Would it be enough? Of course, if the interrogate wished for him to elaborate, he was more than willing.
[/html]
[html]
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304 ... d/rawr.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:160px; background-position:top center; background-color:#FEFEFE">

Yeah, I sure have no idea xD I guess edit in "leader needed" in your title/subject!

------Anselm knew he looked out of place amongst what was traditionally a clan for the smaller of the two wild canine species of North America--the coyote. Then again, their leader was half-wolf and looked more like a dog, anyway. He surmised that both of the de le Poer males got by with about the same tactic--they acted like they belonged there, pure and simple. There was no room for questioning, if, ands, or buts. Most folks didn't act like they were authorised to behave in a certain manner unless they had proper clearance, after all... and at the end of the day, most displays of submission and dominance were still head games.
------In this case, the strange coyote with his music stick responded promptly and correctly. He slid down off of his perch, and Anselm now dared to step closer. Before, he wasn't sure if the other male would use the height advantage to spring toward him in attack--easily the extra potential energy could be translated into kinetic, meaning he could move further and possibly with more speed. The stranger then assumed a rather humble position on the ground and the red-eyed wolf now offered a grunt of acceptance and a nod of his head. His tail moved into a more neutral position, but he remained standing and very focused on the newcomer. "Alright, alright... you can sit up," he said.
------An explanation was given, and Anselm nodded again. Obviously, whatever Kanoe had done was enough. He was instinctively rather dominant and territorial, but he wasn't an all out maniac. In some ways, this precise logic and calculation was what made him so dangerous. Never would he fly off the handle without thinking about something first--never without dissecting every possible outcome, examining costs, risks, and benefits. Furthermore, he could usually tell when others were yanking his chain or trying to pull a fast one, but the coyote seemed genuine. His aura quickly switched from annoyed and defensive to apathetic and slightly less business-like (although seldom could anybody call him casual).
------One thing caught his attention in particular: healer. So far as he knew, Inferni had none of these. And apparently, the other packs in the valley did. Bingo. "Inferni has use for a healer, actually." This was the closest thing to reassurance that he would probably give. "Let me call for the leader," he added. With that, he let out a powerful call, requesting either Faolin or Gabriel's presence, or permission to proceed.

[/html]
Done. Smile

[html]
Kanoe remained in his compromising bow, feeling the ground shift and grind against the pads of his hands as he awaited further instruction. The verdict was out of his hands now, hopefully having pleaded an acceptable case to the ranked male. If not, well, he'd lived a nomadic life this long, what was another few months to tack on to his track record? Regardless, the southern male was not looking forward to a poor outcome; he would accept it without pause, yes, but not without cursing himself for a good week or two afterwards for such poor conduct.

His russet ears flicked forward briefly as the male spoke, releasing him from his submissive bow. No words were spoken in reply but Kanoe did see fit to nod and push himself up, leaning back on his haunches in a kneeling position. His bottlebrush tail still curled around his leg however he raised his gaze ever so to stare at the ranked male's paws, forever waiting for his cues to move rather than doing so of his own accord. Furthermore his silence continued when the male explained their - the Inferni's, current healer situation. However, his silence could not stem the elated rush that surged through his system. They need a healer! Cried his mind in euphoria. Though he wasn't through jumping through the technical hoops yet, Kanoe felt a little more relieved.
[/html]
[html]

indent Anselm’s voice meant one of two things: he had information to report or had found a straggler. Regardless of the cause, it had Gabriel moving. His path was a smooth line formed at the borders of the tree-line and the plain, worn down over the weeks in which he and his clan had been patrolling their land. Despite the empty fields and the rocky terrain, Gabriel was a military commander first and had seen potential in this place. They were nearly invincible here, bordered on one end by the sea and the other a slope which would slow even the most determined war-monger. As one himself, Gabriel knew this was key.
indent What he found, of course, surprised him. The stranger was wearing odd clothing and looked as if he had fallen out of the American southwest. Having spent several months there himself, the desert-walker stranger interested the doggish hybrid. Did he know of the Scintilla War? Was he aware of the great burning in California and that its source (and the source of the fire that had destroyed the land beyond the mountain) was now staring him down? Probably not, but it was just enough to worry him. It was always enough to worry. He said nothing—he looked to his cousin and waited.

[/html]
[html]

------Anselm liked to keep a low profile, and boldly announcing his presence was in direct conflict with this objective. Certain times, however, merited a summoning call--and in this case, he really had no way around it. Either way, he had been trying to find Gabriel for some time... seemingly every time he stopped by the den, however, the hybrid was nowhere to be found. For this reason, he was rather pleased when it was his cousin that responded to his call (not like he had anything against Faolin, but it just felt more official speaking to the actual leader and his blood relative). His ears fell back slightly now and his tail lowered slightly below the neutral on instinct.
------"This is Kanoe," he said quickly. "I believe he would be an asset to our clan--he is a healer. This brings us to other matters I'd like to discuss," he continued, knowing that Gabriel would knew what he meant, "but for now, suffice it to say that the other packs around here have such resources, as well." Even if Inferni did have a healer he didn't know of already, if one was good, two would surely be even better. He wasn't exactly anticipating times of peace, so somebody trained in medicine and the treatment of injuries would be invaluable.

[/html]
[html]
The rustling of the grass and the inclusion of a new scent among the duo told him the leader of the Inferni had arrived. Chancing a quick glance, Kanoe was surprised to see a rather unique looking individual, not unlike the other male though for completely different characteristics. A sturdy build, quite a few scars and a pelt reminiscent of a German Shepard. Goodness, this clan was definitely an interesting bunch to be sure. Jerking his pale gaze to the ground before the two clan members, Kanoe remained silent although body slightly tense under the scrutiny; nervous tension more than anything. He fingered the fringe of the blanket, running the coarse fabric between his fingers, listening to the wolf-'yote speak to the leader.

At the mention of his healing capabilities, he was suddenly aware of the satchel that hung from his hip. It was currently filled with a wide array of herbs from various locations around the lower forty-eight. From sage grass to cedar sprigs, lavender to shriveled blackberries. Yes, his collection was quite extravagant. Kanoe dipped his muzzle promptly as if to clarify what the wolf-'yote had relayed, ever silent.
[/html]
[html]

indent He heard only one word; healer. It was the one thing Inferni had been lacking for as long as he could remember. Fatin had been the one to treat he and his siblings. Gabriel knew basic medicine—war medicine, such as how to set bones, how to patch wounds. He was by no means adequate at these things. Still he kept his manners stoic, listening with genuine interest. There were two things he had to deal with now, and one was looking at the ground and wearing a frazzled poncho.
indent “I’ll place you at Tirones for now. The majority of the clan dens are among the caves,” he gestured with a nod of the head up the mountain. “If you are a competent healer then I’m sure you’ll do fine here.” Turning his head to his cousin, the hybrid spoke shortly. “Come speak with me later,” he said, quickly turning and heading off into the thicker underbrush of the forest.

[/html]