someone's standing on my chest
[html]

Not only had Helios D'Angelo become a creature of nocturnal nature, he also evolved into one that was strictly a cave dweller. The underground world of Anathema was intriguing, but at first a little difficult for Helios to adjust to at first. Used to having the wide open plains, forests, and mountains to traverse over, he felt like every minute the walls around him were destined to cave in; in the same manner they did upon his deceased sister, Selene. Feeling a tad bit claustrophobic was an understatement in Anathema, but Helios figured he would have to deal. There was nothing more on the outside for him to venture onto, for the answers he had been originally seeking was in these dreary caverns underground.

The initial shock of dawning upon Kaelyn's scent back in the ruins of Chimera, discovering Naniko was his blood sister, realizing the fate of Selene, and learning upon the web of the D'Angelo heritage still fazed him as if he was slapped square hard into the face. It made his mind spin crazy to where the first couple days he couldn't help but lay in the bed Naniko slept in for her own use, staring blankly at the dark wall of the cavern above him, relishing in the scent of his long lost sister, of everything the den of Naniko and Anathema was composed of. Helios was in a daze, in a stupor. It took him a day or two to realize he simply couldn't be a vegetable in Naniko's bed forever (and at the same time didn't want to overstay his hospitality too much). Might as well begin settling into this underground sanctuary for what it was.

Blending with the shadows perfectly, Helios drifted through the darkness of the caverns like a wandering, dark poltergeist. It was literally like a maze, and for a moment was quite hesitant on running into a member of Anathema in a setting such as this. There was something mysterious and unsettling about Anathema, possibly due to the fact these very caverns took his sister's life. There were many scents that danced past his nose, and Helios took to wandering the corridors of Anathema, unsure of what time it truly was outside (whether it was night or day), but creeping through the shadows, maybe aspiring to run into a long lost D'Angelo (and at the same time reluctant to).

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#666543; letter-spacing:-1px; font-size:12px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 20px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:350px; background-color:#fefefe; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/34ffnmh.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 90px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:382
OOC here: Table & Coding © Kitty

Ouija had been born in a cave system so he was quite used to living underground. He had never had a den outside of a cave actually. So this system was close to the one that he had been into in New Brunswick. And it was probably because he was already used to the false tunnels and dead ends that such a system had that he had integrated himself into this system quite easily. Not to mention there were the scents of others to follow and mark out the proper paths to follow. The ones with the highest concentration of scents were easily noticeable as the ones that were the most used and often traveled. That alone pointed out the main system so that one didn't lost. And it was also through scent that one knew which dens were taken and which were still available. Of course with most having just been emptied it would have to be waited out for the scents to fade.

He came in from the outside and it didn't take him any effort at all to navigate the system that he had come to know so intimately. He had walked down these same paths for the last month or so. While he hadn't met everyone that was living in the pack he had at least caught their scents if nothing more than that. He could pick them apart even if he didn't have a name or face to go with them. He only knew them as the normal ones that frequented the place. Perhaps he should eventually actually try to get to know the other members but that simply wasn't too much of a priority for him.

Though while he was navigating the system he picked up on a new scent. Or at least it was fresh. It was one that previously had only been caught around his aunt's room. Now it was on the move though. He had no idea where it was going but Ouija altered his path in order to be able to follow after it. "So you are new here then?" He questioned once he caught sight of another up ahead of him. He figured that the simple words would be enough to let the other know that he wasn't alone any longer.

<style>
.AnaFK-25 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.AnaFK-25 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.AnaFK-25 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFF; text-shadow:#000 0px 0px 3px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-25 {background-color:#26252d; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#e1d696; line-height:16px; width:476px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... ija/23.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-25-border {width:478px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

Not yet familiar with the dynamics of using his nose purely for the scent of navigation (which was a little ironic, considering canines used their nose for the most important means of detection), the D'Angelo made his ways through the tunnel by dim sight alone. The dark walls of the cave were beginning to grow a little redundant, seeing as how he didn't stumble upon a significant finding of a den forking off to anywhere or a room collected with ruined treasures of humans. Helios continued to mull forth until a voice from what seemed like behind him announced his presence in Anathema, and the D'Angelo stopped dead in his tracks. Spinning around on his Doc Marten boots, jade eyes squinted hard to see the figure that directed their tone to him. It no doubt startled him, as much as Helios didn't like to admit it did.

Not able to see the fine details correctly, the figure was of a pale color enough to see his outline. There were blotches of what were colors mottled across him, but there were colors he couldn't readily identify in this dim setting. His pelt was most certainly of a lighter hue as Helios noted, but other than that, distinguishable colors couldn't be told unless they approached another face to face (which in this setting, Helios was a little unwilling to do). The man spoke with a deep, almost accented like voice. It seemed this Luperci was well aware that Helios was a new addition to Anathema, and letting somewhat of an awkward silence reign between them momentarily, Helios carefully chose his response. "I am." It was simple, but didn't elaborate on anything else.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#666543; letter-spacing:-1px; font-size:12px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 20px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:350px; background-color:#fefefe; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/34ffnmh.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 90px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:301
OOC here: Table & Coding © Kitty; Just so you know the Doc Martens won't fit as found items, they will have to be tailor made for Luperci feet seeing as the build is wrong. Even then it would be awkward since weight is carried on the toes as seen here

Well this new one seemed to be the silent type as well. That seemed to be something of a trend nowadays or something. He wasn't certain what it was that made others closed off. Then again Ouija only really excelled at compliments and flirting. Aside from that his verbal repertoire was limited. He turned to physical affection for the most part. After all actions spoke so much louder than words and he was just a physical sort of being.

But finally the other did choose to speak even if it only ended up being only two words meant for agreement. Nothing was bothered to be elaborated even though Ouija waited for it. "So, you are lost then?" The question was awkward at best. He had no idea how to start up a conversation and keep it going with someone that came off as reluctant to participate. "I could help you out if you need. Keep you from walking around in circles and running into dead ends." And since he could think of nothing else to say he just ended up offering to be a guide. He figured that he would probably be denied though. And what could he do then except to continue on his own way?

"I'm Ouija and you are?" It was a last ditch effort to get the other to open up more. Maybe if there were names and introductions involved then the other would feel better about saying something more. It was a silly hope and he knew it but he thought that he ought to try at least. And if it didn't work then he could do nothing more than just give up. After all it wasn't like he could force the other into having a conversation that he didn't want to have, now could he?

<style>
.AnaFK-25 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFF; text-shadow:#000 0px 0px 3px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-25 {background-color:#26252d; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#e1d696; line-height:16px; width:476px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... ija/23.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-25-border {width:478px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

You know, I was actually thinking about that the other day as well (because for some reason I was thinking Luperci were flat-footed like humans), but you make an excellent point! Thank you for pointing that out, I'll have to fix his appearance to be a little more accurate to the site's standards. ^^ 414

Helios had always been choosy with his words, careful and punctual of them. This wasn't to say Helios didn't like to speak, for being a Gemini it was a trait he was well known for, but strangers were typically regarded in a standoffish fashion. The dark D'Angelo was the type where if he didn't have anything nice to say, he wouldn't say it at all. Really, if he didn't have anything to say period, he wouldn't grace anyone's ears with mindless chatter either. While renowned for being a Gemini and the chatty nature a Gemini carried, Helios was more practical with speaking in meaning and genuinely than spilling his soul to anyone who strutted his way with random conversation. While the colored Luperci before him waited to elaborate upon his new status in Anathema, he further questioned whether Helios was lost.

Helios merely smirked at the word lost, for not in a manner to mock him, but Helios had been lost figuratively for quite sometime now. Lost his home, lost his family, maybe even lost a sense of his sanity at one point. "I've been lost for a very long time now," Helios started, elaborating on his thoughts vocally with his grin widening. Perhaps he looked like a madman in this light, but Helios didn't care. "But, I've been found. Somewhat. I think I've finally found the right path here." If it wasn't for discovering Naniko and discovering Anathema, he still would have been a rogue. Listening as the colorful male offered assistance with guidance in the underground system of Anathema, Helios nodded. "Thank you for your help. I think I might need some for a little while before I get used to navigating through this place. Are these tunnels of some sort of volcano that used to exist here?" Helios questioned, wondering if the male knew of any history as to how the system was so elaborate being underground.

Providing his name as Ouija, it was an interesting sort of name for a Luperci. Oddly enough, it seemed to fit him for as much as Helios could see of him in the dark. "Helios D'Angelo. It's a pleasure." Helios returned the greeting, not paying any mind to give special attention to his last name when he spoke. He figured he might as well put it out there for others to know his relationship to Naniko. Maybe it would make others think of him differently from first impression, from all he knew. Maybe not.

<style type="text/css">
.darklotus b {font-weight:bold; color:#FEFEFE; letter-spacing: 1px; }
.darklotus .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.darklotus p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 25px; margin:0px;}
.darklotus {margin:0px auto; width:370px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/e9i3ph.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black; padding: 15px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: times new roman; font-size:12px; color:#929292; line-height:19px; letter-spacing:.-1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:373
OOC here: Table & Coding © Kitty; Okay, you are welcome. I just wasn't certain if you realized it or not

And when the other did choose to speak again it was in something of a riddle. Ouija didn't really partake of fancy wording. Well, maybe there had been a couple of times while complimenting and flirting but it didn't make its way into the general sort of everyday conversation. He had no one to try and impress to want to speak as such. So really he had nothing to say to the figurative way of speaking. But once the other agreed he needed guidance Ouija could fully understand and respond to that.

He pointed on down the system. "On down that way are the dens. They just circle around. There are a couple of exits as well. On the other side is storage. There are still paths that lead off to places yet unexplored." A general breakdown was given of the area. "There are dead ends down some of the paths but it will take time to learn those." After all not all of the tunnels led to somewhere. And some of them only led to traps. So one really had to make a mental map in order to avoid all of that. "I really can't say. Perhaps. But this place hasn't been fully explored in order to know. I wasn't here for the founding. Haven't been here for much longer than a month myself." And he didn't stick to the underground world except when he was sleeping or working on something in his den. He didn't seek to explore the system but tended to remain above ground. He even slipped away from Anathema as well. Because of that he wasn't constantly around to know everything about the place.

A soft smile alighted in the large and colorful male's eyes as the other gave his name. "Mother had spoken of you. She never knew what had become of you." So he didn't recognize the face but the name was something he knew. Honestly he had little knowledge of his family. He was still finding new relations all of the time. He had never realized that the line was as vast as it was. But he was learning of turbulence among it. There seemed to be a divide because of where one was born.

<style>