Familiar in the Dark
[html]

Thanks for your patience! Sorry about the quality— I’ve started all my threads so far, and I’m running out of creativity! >u< Post dated May 19 okay?
WC: 530

It was daytime, but the black wolf was traveling. It was rare to find the foreign hybrid active in the daylight, but the day was dark and dreary, the energy of the bright sun sapped by the heavy clouds that threatened rain. The lack of light caused the Dampwoods to remain within the shadows, the perfect environment for the black fae’s light-sensitive eyes. The lunar orbs turned sky-ward, contemplative and quiet. The clouds responded with a heavy rumble and growl, threatening rain. Damp tendrils of air tugged at the black pelt, their dark whispers urging the canine. The Korean hybrid had remained within these woods for nearly a week now. She had considered moving on, to continue to search for other territories where she might find a more permanent home, but the black female was not so sure. And yet, it was never good to remain stagnant. There were other packs to discover as well.

Resolved to travel, the taekwondo warrior curled up upon the soft foliage and closed her eyes. She would need at least an hour of rest to replenish her energy after a long night of training and hunting. The foreign fae slept without dreaming. She did not stir and it was as if she were a corpse. But she slept lightly, as all warriors do, and she awoke in the following hour. Yawning and stretching and shaking her coat, the warrior, who carried nothing still, set off to the south. The black wolf moved swiftly, the evidence of her passing sparse and covered by the tenebrous shadows that tugged at her fur as she passed by. Their wordless whispers were left behind. Briefly, she traveled through some open fields, and she allowed her white orbs to absorb the peaceful scenery. The Korean saw no other wolf, and she avoided, for now, the scents of boarders. She only wished to discover another place with heavy foliage in which she could den for another several days.

She found it near the end of a long day of travel. Ethereal Eclipse offered more tenebrous cover. The Darkness here was more complete than that of the Dampwoods. Her soul welcomed the darkness that, under cover of night was complete. The Korean hybrid herself melted into the backdrop, and naught but her lunar, white orbs betrayed her presence. When the edge of the woods had been left behind, the wolf slowed to a slow saunter, allowing her senses to explore this new place of darkness. Dark maw lowered, the black female sniffed out the area. The place was damp, and as she breathed in the new scents, her mind was stimulated. It would be interesting to train here. It would be more interesting to fight here. The proximity of the trees would cramp up a fight, but no challenge was insurmountable.

The graceful movement of the young female paused as she raised her head. She caught the scent of another upon the air, the marker of a pack one that she was surprised to recognize. The scent matched the pack marker of the first wolf she encountered—the light coloured lady that felt sadness. It was not the same wolf however.

<style type="text/css">
.yi-pagoda b {font-weight:bold; color:#1e0000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.yi-pagoda .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#http://i.imgur.com/Ef6Yw.png;}
.yi-pagoda p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.yi-pagoda {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#890000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ef6Yw.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 1px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#b22e2e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc text. Np I could have waited forever.

Ayita had been walking for so very long. She had not really spent much of her time outside the lands that she had called home. After having five kids and many adopted children she was doing a little bit of soul searching. She felt herself relaxing not being home doing nothing but reading. for a while that was all she had been doing.

the dark wolf felt herself getting tired and she knew that she would not make it home tonight just like when she went to halifax she stayed that night and made the trip home the next day. She wished almost for the chance to finish learning how to ride horses. she could make more trips and do more if she didn't have to worry about the speed the she had. Rubbing her shoulder she looked around it was dark and it was damp she would just have to deal.

She could smell another she was upwind from her because she could hardly smell the other. She was lucky to catch the scent for the light breeze that there was was sweeping past her and down towards the other. the fact was she was tired and could hardly see.
"Hello is anyone out there?" She asked calling out hoping that someone would answer. Maybe it was a lingering scent that she was smelling. Maybe no one was even there perhaps she was alone. though she hoped not she didn't want to be. Though spending the night with a stranger didn't seem to fun either.

She continued her walk crystal orbs watching the land she normally would be home with a fire. Maybe that was what made her weak. The fact she had always been pampered her daughter and sons were all stronger she raised them not the way she was. She was going to be a ruler one day but that was the past. she wanted to raise her children right to respect all and to live happy. She was doing just that as well.

""

[/html]
[html]

OuO Hover for translation.
WC: 526

The black, sinewy body melted into the tenebrous backdrop, her eyes closed to fully blend into the darkness. The dark wolf’s senses grew sharp, enhanced by caution. Dark auricles pressed forward, swiveling to catch the sound of approach. At first, she heard nothing. The wolf whose scent floated on the wind could either pass by without noticing the foreign hybrid, or an encounter could be made. Yet the dark female was unconcerned. She could hold her own quite well, and, while not always the case, she had learned that pack wolves tended to be more diplomatic than the lone wanderers. That was not to say that the heart of the martial artist made a silent challenge in the dark—a challenge of battle. While in the natural, four-legged shape, the black furred fae was eager to fight. While a wolf’s shape could not utilize directly the martial arts, her knowledge in such a belligerent subject had always been of use. A mirthless smile tugged imperceptibly at the corner of her lips. Perhaps this pack wolf would prove to be less diplomatic.

Lunar orbs revealed themselves.

The sound of the call came clearly in the nighttime silence. The voice belonged to a female, and it was most definitely not threatening. Almost timid, the Korean hybrid sensed that tonight diplomacy would be allowed to ensue. A quiet sigh (dare it be described as a pout?) escaped the hungering jaws of the black fae. The Korean knew diplomacy quite well, for the culture bred it thoroughly. She took a step forth, dark paws landing lightly and quietly in the stillness, her black shape illuminated by the dim light of the moon. “Yes,” the alto song called in response. Her simple English was insufficient, she knew. But the only way to improve was to continue to interact. If she wished to make these lands her home away from home, the foreigner would do what was required of her. As she awaited the other to approach closely, the black wolf remained still. Her posture was raised, erect in an ever dominant air, her tail lifted. While not hostile, it was clear that this dark-furred lone wolf had a strong pride.

“Ah-ee knoh yoo peck,” she announced to the stranger, the alto voice loud and bold as her foreign tongue struggled around the strange, English words. A small frown tugged at the corner of her dark lips, the tenebrous crown tilting slightly. She wondered if the other female would understand. White orbs peered without emotion, empty, almost judging, as the silence was allowed to ensue. “Do yoo unduh-seu-tehndeu?” Interacting was difficult, the Korean hybrid decided. Her tongue was already tired of this language, but the martial artist was determined to continue. With surprising grace, the lean, sinewed body reclined upon sinewed haunches. While she would not be able to practice her taekwondo upon this pack-wolf, she would be able to practice this very necessary skill. And the young woman knew that her command of the English language was lacking, and that the other would have at least some difficulty understanding. Perhaps the pack-wolf, however, would have patience, for she would need it.

<style type="text/css">
.yi-pagoda b {font-weight:bold; color:#1e0000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.yi-pagoda .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#http://i.imgur.com/Ef6Yw.png;}
.yi-pagoda p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.yi-pagoda {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#890000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ef6Yw.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 1px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#b22e2e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Ayita would have walked by the woman had she not heard the movement and simple response. the woman was black like the night and the only thing that gave Ayita an idea where she stood was her moon like eyes that glowed in the night. At first the french woman didn't get what the woman had said.

Ayita looked at her. stepping closer she ran the jumble through her head again as the woman spoke again. "Yes I under stand." There were questions that welled up but she figured she would need to hold them back for a moment. Crystal eyes looked at the black woman she was glad for the ability of seeing in the dark.

"You are knew to the lands I'm taking it, I could help you learn English if you would like." she stated as she moved so that she was able to talk with out yelling. "Did you end up meeting another from my pack or have you been around the border?" she asked.
[html]
Sorry about the wait!
WC: 513

There had been a brief silence that seemed to last a long time. At first, the Korean hybrid suspected that her poor use of this language had caused confusion within the other female. But at long last, a reply came. The black-furred hybrid felt at least marginal relief when the other female claimed to understand her thickly accented words. A contented wag of the dark plume, and a soft, curt, “Ohk-keh-i,” was the only manifestation of her thoughts. The white orbs peered at the other with a mild curiosity. This girl was not the same, and did not hold a sadness about her like the other had. To the foreigner, that was a sign that the pack was not cursed by an ethereal sorrow. And indeed, she could see that no such condition existed within the blue eyes of this pack wolf.

The yet-unnamed pack wolf said some words at her, and the black fae had to use much concentration to catch every one—not that she could understand the meaning to every word. But she thought that she understood the meaning of them. “New,” she understood, and “land.” She nodded, the lunar orbs alight as understanding became present. “Oh-keh-i!” the alto song agreed. “Ah-i cuhm pahl ah-weh-i.” A long gesticulation was used to emphasize the length of her journey. Then the pack wolf said something else. “Ing-geu-li-seu?” She had also heard the word “learn.” The black female made the (incorrect) assumption that the other had asked her where she had learned her English. “Wohl-peu peu-ruhm pahl ah-weh-i cuhm end-eu tok me....” That was a difficult sentence to create. The alto song faltered as she tried to think of more accurate words, but to no avail. The white orbs seemed to peer at the other without any sense of shame or embarrassment, but with a simple question held upon her slightly cocked head as she wondered if her point had gone across.

As the brown wolf moved closer, the black fae’s ears pricked forward. The topic seemed to return to her original statement. Nodding once softly in agreement, the black fae took on the pose of one who thought. It was difficult to find ways to express herself such a limited vocabulary. Understanding was a little easier, but not by much. “Meht wol-peu nors,” she explained at length. That was the best she could do at the moment. Knowing that it was not adequate, she turned and pointed north in hopes that the gesture would aid the understanding. A soft sigh escaped the obsidian female, but it was not a sight of frustration. Perhaps it was more a sound of the effort of her mind—a different sort of effort than the work her body was accustomed to doing.

Because she had not understood the true meaning of the stranger’s comment, the black fae then wondered if the other would help her. But all at once, she wondered what the simple lesson could accomplish. Language was such a complicated creation and would take more time than a mere few hours to learn.

<style>
.ykt-simplestuff {margin:0px auto;width:425px;border:1px solid white;-moz-border-radius:10px;-webkit-border-radius:10px;border-radius:10px;background-color:#000000;font-family:Verdana;font-size:9px;color:#f1f1f1;padding:5px;text-align:justify;padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;}
.ykt-simplestuff b {color:#777777;}
.ykt-simplestuff p {text-indent:25px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc text. I'm a failure

Ayita had spoken to soon she had gotten the broken english at first but now she just wasn't sure. Looking at the dark woman she sighed she'd have to take this slowly as she watched the woman speak and follow with actions.

"Lets take this slowly." she said gesturing to slow it down. Now you came from far away." She said making a gesture pointing to Tae then making the same long gesture. She then tried to desipher the mess of bable that followed. She had to admit. This was not very easy.

Pointing to herself she stated "Wolf?" hoping to figure this out. "A wolf taught you." Ayita then repeated pointing herself then moved her hand in a talking manner and then pointed at the woman. She figured this is what the other meant. "I can teach you more. Help you work out sounds." she stated as she tried to put words with signs.

she had decided to ignore the stuff about the wolf from her pack. she would do what ever else she could and deal with that later.

""

[/html]