Dog and dog
[html]

Sorry this is most definitely not the average length of my posts, most of my posts are a hell of a lot longer, trust me Smile

Mysterious reclined on the front steps of his small little home that was in the outskirts of the packs' territory. He had been waiting all say just for something to happen. At this point, just one little thing would make his day. The horizon was very foggy and it was most likely in a range between 30-40 degrees Fahrenheit, which was far too cold for his liking. The sun was rising so slowly for him, time going by as fast as a slug easing through the grass, finishing only on it's own time.

A squeaky yawn rolled the tip of his tongue as he spotted a silhouette of a long, wiry limbed ceature walking across the horizon. He called out to whatever it was with his ears pricked up into an alert expression, and hollared, "Hey! Who goes there?" In a shrill, but booming voice. He got up from his comfortable position and squinted through the fog, trying to make out the mysterious figure.

Mysterious Does "Mysterious speaks." Mysterious thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7e9e3; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#151414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fB1p0.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#72717b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Today, the sun had failed to emerge. Caspa detested days such as this, where the cold and damp got under her long fur and made it cling to her wiry frame. You couldn't particularly tell underneath the sweep of leather that she shrouded her frame in, but the disgruntled frown on her face was unmistakeably a sign of discomfort. Walking helped, it got the blood moving and her circulation warmer. She was skirting the borders of her territory, hoping to come across somebody else doing the same. The dog-wolf mixture was feeling rather alone lately. She missed the company of that other dog-wolf she'd met, who had been similar to her in some ways, and shared a few of her civilised tastes. Where he'd wandered off to, she didn't know. The pack wasn't held together by many common bonds, or if it was, Caspa supposed she must be outside of them. In some ways, the independence suited her, but when the hours dragged, she yearned for somebody to distract her from her own inner world.

A sharp voice cut through the fog, doing just that. She was amused by the challenging quality of the voice, as if she were a trespasser, but she could tell by the pack-scent coming from the direction of the small building that they were of the same origin. She lifted her head as she looked over towards the dog, noting his small stature with interest. She answered his loud demand with a laconic "Nobody at all. Who wants to know?"

[/html]
[html]

He had been drinking a lot more than usual lately from the stress of being away from home. Deep down inside himself, he wished he was back down south but then again he felt that if he did, he wouldn't feel very welcome there since he would be hung for sexually assaulting the daughter of a popular political figure. The thought was depressing though, that he really had nowhere else to go to with people he knew well enough to be friends with, and just then he wondered what they all were doing, his friends. He heaved a small sigh and replied to the lean figure.

"Hey, I ain't telling you my name until you tell me yours and what yer doin' out here" he remarked confidently with a smirk that anyone would want to slap right off him. He walked towards Caspa with a full bottle in his grasp with whatever was in there receiving a good shake as he crept forward on his velvet paws that could handle any terrain. The fog surrounding his small self clouded around his face, still being able to somewhat get a whole glimpse of it but still covering up the eye candy a bit. As he silently just stared the wind began to blow through his thin tight coat of bristly grass-like fur.

He squinted at her with a fox-like expression, still carrying his smirk faintly, and listening in intently to whatever she decided to say back

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.character-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#151414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fB1p0.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#72717b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

"I hardly care about your name, tell me as you please," came the pilgrim's instant and disdainful rejoinder. "The last part I will answer, as one Miracles dweller to another. I am walking these borders and keeping warm. I notice that you've found another way to do that," she added, the alcohol scent hung around him like the fog that drifted across the unseasonal landscape. She couldn't wait for the burn of true, high summer when her coat would be loose and fine, dry and airy as it was meant to be. She was no wolf, with the layers of waterproof and cosy coat. "I'd turn your question back at you but I think I can already guess the answer. If I'm right, perhaps you will share some with me and we can discuss our identities further?" She supposed he wasn't going to relent on the idea of names and other such details, but if he had a bottle lurking somewhere, Caspa was certainly not against the idea of getting further acquainted with the rowdy-sounding little dog.
[/html]
[html]

Mysterious took a quick glance at her with a strange expression and concluded to himself that this young lady appeared to be somewhat stuck-up in his book. He could tell by the dignified and solemn look that her long, narrow face had carried that day. He smiled. Ahhh... Well the serious ones are always terrific drinking partners he thought to himself. He thought over what she had said for a few moments.

"Of course, I've always loved having a drink and a nice conversation..." his voice trailed off in a trumpeting voice since he was trying to defeat the wind in a battle for who could be the loudest. He motioned the young lass for her to follow him inside his shabby little beat-up home. As they entered the small structure, shelves holding bottles of rum, books, candles, and knives were filling up each side of the entryway and led into his, dining room/bedroom/living room.

The dirt floor of the multipurpose room was littered with empty bottles, and even more books. The small, uneven table in the middle of the room was a tree stump with a diamter of nearly a meter and stood around a foot off the ground. The table was filled with food items, books, and even more full, empty, and half-full bottles.

Mysterious literally swiped his arm across the table, clearing it of everything. He got two human-made crystal goblets and filled them with the wine that was hanging from his side and he announced, "Have a seat hun" in a mellow tone, gesturing towards the pillow beside the trunk and he sat on a pile of books on the other side of the trunk.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Caspa thought she couldn't guarantee 'nice' conversation, but she was certainly willing to follow the stranger and provide what talk she could in exchange for his liquor. She ducked into the cluttered living quarters without hesitation, relieved to escape the sudden wind that threatened to turn the fog to tattered rags, and beat at the walls of the little house with a distant howl. She drifted around the small room, examining quietly the artifacts that littered the place, then froze at the noise of an avalanche of stuff hitting the floor. She turned to face the now-bare rustic table, one brow quirking. "Do you have many guests?" she wondered, before something occurred to her and she added rather forcefully, "Caspa, not 'hun'." But she lowered herself to sip at the crystal glass, settling her expansive frame into a comfortable cross-legged lotus position, one she'd grown extremely used to of late.

[/html]
[html]

As he sat on the books, his back pain came to him again and he rubbed his short spine, hoping to get relief but let out a groan when it only got worse. He thought about her question. Did he? Come to think of it, she's actually the first since he moved into the territory not too long ago.

"No, not really, I just joined Miricales not too long ago" the male mumbled before he lifted the goblet to his dry lips and took a sip. He smiled wryly to what she had added on and spoke once again, "Okay, well, whatever floats your boat I guess" he took a few more sips and thought for a while.

After a few minutes of silence, he started up a new conversation by jitterishly proclaiming, "Almost forgot, my name's Mysterious... Uh, Mysterious Brute. Yup, that's it" His eyes shifted over to meet her's and he thought that there was something about her that he admired, what was it? It just made herself so... So what? He wasn't sure but it appealed to him in some way.

Right now, he was receiving the vibe from this girl, this "Caspa", that she was pretty bored right now so he decided to give it a shot and get her talking a little more.

"So, how long have you been living in this cold-ass place? My God, I can barely stand this shitty weather..." he said, his words turning rather hissy once he added on the last part. It was true though, he really was hating this weather, and he wondered if she felt the same.

Mysterious does. "Mysterious speaks." Mysterious thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.mysterious-alone b {font-weight:bold; color:#fada8e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.mysterious-alone .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#401618;}
.mysterious-alone p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.mysterious-alone {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#b6494f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/GiMip.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #401618; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#803337; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

With the name, her suspicions were raised to extremity. Was he serious, or was it a double-bluff, a barely concealed pseudonym, so obvious that she was meant to assume that he would never have made something like that up? "Mysterious... Brute," she muttered skeptically, but he had moved on already to complain about the weather. Although as dogs they were both a little susceptible to the harsher climates, Caspa was just glad the winter was over, and had no inclination to criticise the damp but bearable springtime. "Since the close of winter. I was glad to escape the snow here. What brought you to our borders?" Her words were clipped, merely informative. Compared to his sprawl she was fastidiously upright, not defensive, although it was her way to remain alert and poised. Her eyes continued to roam, taking in the cluttered quarters. Her own man-made den, or room, was pristine and empty. Had he found all this stuff here, or brought it somehow, she wondered.

[/html]
[html]

He glanced at the female after he had said his name and thought, Yep... They always say that 'bout my name... He then cleared his throat, set down his cool glass, and spoke, "I was never really given a name, but my family's last name was Brute. My street friends started given' eachother nicknames and they gave me one that I stuck with" he took a long sip and added on, "They chose Mysterious 'cuz... Never mind..." his voice trailing off as he took another sip.

As she closed off her reply about the weather and brought up a new subject, he threw back at her, a vague reply. "Well... I came here, for a woman I met a while back..." His mind stopped thinking at the thought of his woman. Her intimidating presence was so fun for him to have around... And her kiss, was so salty

There was a long pause as Caspa's eyes seemed to wander around the room. He finished off his glass with a quick gulp and poured some more into his glass. "Want some more?" he questioned in a dull tone, his mind overflowing with the thoughts and images of her

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

She was sipping the wine slowly, trying to gauge whether it was dry or sweet, having read about wine but not tasted it before. Her face was politely expressionless as he spoke, betraying none of her amusement or curiosity at the words of this unusual character. The disciplined mongrel girl sat still straight upright, and her back became momentarily stiffer as he mentioned he came here for a woman. Oh, there was more to this story, for sure. There was no sign or scent of a female friend here now, unless his quest had been one of revenge, and the woman he spoke of had been an enemy. She wondered what had become of his acquaintance. Her glass was still half full and she waved away his offer. "Did you find her?" were her only words.

<style>
.fred-caspa { font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:10px; line-height:15px; padding-bottom:23px; text-align:justify; width: 380px; margin:0px auto;}
.fred-caspa p {text-indent:15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Mysterious looked down at his glass, which was held between his right index and ring finger, and gave the glass a small shake, creating a ripple, with a downcast expression on his face. The girl's question bothered him. Right now he hadn't found this woman, obviously, but he wondered if he would.

"No... Not yet at least. I'm not even sure if she lives here anymore..." he muttered in a low tone, still examining the ripples that seemed to be very distracting him. He set down his glass and held up his head, looking away from the young sight hound's eager brown eyes.

”speech”

[/html]
[html]

If she noticed his discomfort she didn't show it, absentmindedly looking into the middle distance rather than over at Mysterious Brute. On a strange level, she envied him. He had something to aim for, a goal, whatever it was, concerning this other person. Her attitude to hope could only be practical. She might hope that the weather would change, with the clear understanding that her willing it one way or another made not one bit of difference. She didn't know of anything worth really hoping for, any more. On a less gloomy day, she might have remembered that even if she did acquire a desire, she wouldn't waste time on hope, but do what it took to achieve. If it was impossible, there was no point hoping either. "What will you do...?" came her low question, after quite a pause for thought. The question was quiet, almost as if she was asking it of herself, and she realised this, quickly sipping wine to slick her throat before clarifying, "I mean, if you do not find what you wanted here. Will you stay?"

<style>
.fred-caspa { font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:10px; line-height:15px; padding-bottom:23px; text-align:justify; width: 380px; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

He paused for a few moments to study all of the items that he had left on his floor in an observant and even curious manner. His eyes rolled from books, to bottles, to foods, a few knives, and even bras... His ADHD was starting to get in his way once again. His disorder always snook up on him when he wanted it the least. He closed his eyes and heaved a small sigh, trying to remember what the girl had said.

The muscular terrier rubbed his forehead, feeling exhausted from all his thinking and he sluggishly replied back, "Uh... Sorry 'bout that... Well, girl, I really don't know. I kinda like this place though, just gotta see how things go, y'know?" and then, without even hesitating, he threw the empty wine bottle into a pile of shards he had nearby and got out another bottle that looked almost identical to the other except for the fact the other one was shattered completely into many pieces.

Mysterious pulled his lips up into a snarling-like gesture and bit onto the old cork, he pulled out the cork so quickly that it was obvious he'd been doing this most of his life. He poured more of the delicious liquid into Caspa's glass and paused a moment before pouring some into his own. "Might as well, now tell me girl, tell me somethin' let's not bore ourselves any longer with my stories, 'cuz I wanna hear 'bout you!" He did, and he was excited to hear her reply.

”speech”

[/html]
[html]

She'd never encountered clutter like this before, and was rattled to notice his method of bottle disposal. For some reason, the disarray didn't impress Caspa, although she was comfortable enough and there was plenty to look at, it seemed to her the mountains of litter might just keep growing and engulf the whole place if Mysterious wasn't careful. Her own room was entirely empty, four white walls and boarded floor, a black bag hanging on a hook the only sign of residency. His mind seemed just as disorganised as his quarters, his answer betraying that he did not know whether he was staying or going. He continued to ask her to tell him something, and she frowned at the change of focus onto herself. He'd given away very little, so she did the same, watching him now out of one dark beady eye. "I have no story to tell. Just a pilgrim who has found a sanctuary." She flicked back her plaits to glance ceiling-wards for a brief moment, before returning her steady gaze to the boozing little dog.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

He kicked his small, muscly hind legs onto the tree trunk with his hands folded on his belly. His eyes seemed to display a bored, careless expression as they narrowed toward the young female.

Mysterious licked his wine-stained rows of teeth and confidently spoke back. "I see ya are telling as much as I have. I guess I'll tell ya some more" He took a big swig out of a bottle of whiskey nearby before he told Caspa about his strange self. "M'kay so, I'm from far south from 'ere and this girl I'm looking for was one that stayed on my mind longer than most. She dumped me so I just want some revenge..." he took a quick moment to clear his throat and added on, "I'll tell ya more if you tell me more. We got lotsa rum to drink up." in a mellow tone.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Suddenly she wasn't feeling much like relaxing. She sat up tall, her eyes utterly black in the low light, and her white teeth showed as she interrupted his casual referral to the alcohol, with a sharp "What kind of revenge?" What kind of a person was this tiny dog, she wondered now, with the dubious name and the odd collection of items which he didn't seem to care about, strewn randomly as they were. Maybe, and this was why she'd asked the question, maybe he was just kidding around - after all, why would Mysterious tell a stranger what he was up to if he was really threatening someone? Unless he was an idiot. Which she wasn't necessarily ruling out. And if he really did have some kind of vendetta, who exactly was he threatening? One of the existing packmates? He had said no name, and Caspa didn't expect he would, maybe not even if she asked directly. Her claws tensed, gripping against floorboard and her own palms as she scrutinised his face for clues as to what was going on in that terrier head.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Rape. That was exactly what he wanted to do to this girl he wanted to find. Curse her with his funky sperm and torture her. He would love to see her burn. He wanted to watch her suffer so badly for what she had done to him. That was what was going on inside his messed up terrier mind. He didn't want Caspa to get too suspicious so he lied right through his sharp, wine-stained teeth.

He shook his head violently and let out a fake, high-pitched, giddy laugh that sounded only a smidge bit suspicious and strange. He forced his lips into a friendly smile and he said, "I was just kiddin' I did want to talk to her though to see why she left me..." his voice trailed off into a downcast tone as his eyes slowly shut for a moment.

He let released a melancholy sigh and looked away from the youthful girl, hoping she wouldn't suspect a thing. He felt regret for mentioning he wanted revenge, feeling dumb and outsmarted.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]