Learn From Your Mistakes
[html]

Thanks for your patience! Sorry about the quality— I’ve started all my threads so far, and I’m running out of creativity! >u< Back dated May 20 okay?
WC: 512

She had hunted several large game in her secui shape—a small bear and several deer. The black-furred martial artist’s elevated metabolism required many more meals, and she had hunted frequently in these surprisingly abundant lands. With the pelts of those she had hunted, a tree had been wrapped to create a padded surface. There were four pelts—one bear and three deer—that coated a tree with a thickness that she could wrap her arms around. Tendons of her prey had been used as rope to bind the pelts to the trunk of the tree. She had worked to hunt and skin, and to bind as well, to create a padded surface—a punching bag. The martial artist was satisfied. Able to kick and punch the trunk without serious injury to her limbs, the black fae was able to practice the basic techniques without a partner. It was one thing to be away from the homeland, but it was another to be away from those who shared one’s lifestyle. At times, life here was difficult for the taekwondo artist. But it was not impossible.

Satisfied with her handiwork, the black fae began practicing immediately. She threw punches and kicks, the padding enough to protect her limbs from harm, but enough to allow her bones to strengthen as well. The black fae started off slow, but the reassurance she felt by remembering the feel of kicking inflated her still-young spirit. Her rhythm quickened as she threw kicking combinations. A spirited and yet mirthless smile moved upon her maw. Each strike was punctuated by an audible thud and a blood curdling cry deep from the gut. The cry was filled with her passion for taekwondo. Perhaps one day, when she had made a more permanent home, she would use pelts to make a punching and kicking bag as well. For now, this simple, motionless tree would suffice.

It was when performing a wheel-kick that she had made a slight mis-calculation in distance that a sharp hiss was emitted from the hungering jaws. With control and balance, she stopped the kick and slowly lowered her body to the ground. A soft grimace imperceptibly distorted her foreign features. “씨발,” she muttered, the Korean alto song riddled with sharp pain. Her hackles rose as she growled, and her body shuddered to keep quiet and to relax. She had been too close and her heel had made contact with the tree. But it had been the muscles around the knee that had suffered. The black hybrid knew that she would need to heel, but she had no materials on her, and without the resources of a pack, obtaining them would be difficult. A soft sigh escaped her graceful throat as the black, strong hands grasped her right thigh. Lunar orbs peered with contemplation. For now, all she could do was wait out the pain; later she could try to move herself and find a way to recover. She leaned back against the pelt-bound tree and shut her eyes, a soft frown of disappointment upon her quiet lips.

<style type="text/css">
.yi-pagoda b {font-weight:bold; color:#1e0000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.yi-pagoda .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#http://i.imgur.com/Ef6Yw.png;}
.yi-pagoda p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.yi-pagoda {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#890000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ef6Yw.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 1px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#b22e2e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
((Sorry for the wait, my migraines have been acting up))

The screams and thuds had caught his attention as he'd wandered further from the packlands than usual. He was checking the area for prey, something he could use to feed the pack a simple meal. He wanted to have an informal meet and greet at his place, something where the pack could get to know each other. Mother had told him many times that Syemv had done that frequently. He just wanted to make the pack that Liam was growing up in something comfortable for his son, something his boy could be happy in. He wanted to make it like how mother had always described Syemv.

He approached the area the screams had come from, feeling some trepidation. He hoped it wasn't another attack by Lucifer. He didn't want to end up like Noah had. He swallowed and peered into the clearing anxiously. "Hello? Is there any one here?" He felt foolish when he saw the dark female leaning against the tree. He approached slowly, his hands held out in the international gesture of 'I mean no harm.' He spoke gently, thinking he saw an expression of pain on her face. "Are you okay, ma'am? I'm Taliesin. Is there something I can do to help you?"
[html]

Sorry about the wait!
WC:503

For only a few moments, the Korean hybrid had sat motionless in the darkness that, to her, was something quite bright and alive. Those few moments, however, seemed to last forever. She concentrated on her breathing, controlling it—inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. This small exercise helped to calm her heart that worked still from her efforts, and also from the surprising pain. In her mind, the black Jindo-wolf traced the filaments of pain that shot from the place. There was pain, but now that she cleared her mind of it, she could understand that this injury was relatively minor. Initially, she had believed her knee to have been injured—that would have been dangerous, the martial artist knew, for knees took a great deal of time to heal, if they even healed completely. But only the muscle behind her thigh—the quadriceps—had been irritated or torn, perhaps. It was an aggravating injury—not enough to cripple but enough to make her survival marginally more difficult. Perhaps she should have stretched more, or perhaps she should be more careful when practicing upon stationary, immovable targets. Stupid mistake.

As the pain subsided, she became aware of her surroundings once more, noting the coarseness of the fur that bound the trees. The cool night air was pleasant for the heat emitted by her body. With her calm breathing, this could almost be a peaceful night. Yet, the pain throbbed there, unwilling to cease its mockery.

Suddenly, the she-wolf was alert, the white orbs snapping open in the dark as her jaws parted to reveal strong, white teeth. A warning snarl crawled from between the hungry jaws, jarring the air the striking the softly spoken words of the stranger. She saw him then, standing before her, arms open in a sign of peace. But the wounded female was not so willing to trust, a strange wolf in a still strange land. The snarl quieted to a discontented growl that eventually faded into the silence. The Korean female locked the lunar orbs upon the two-coloured eyes. Who was this male, and why was he here to bother a strange and wounded female with apparent peace? (In her pain and survival mode, the foreign hybrid was unwilling to remember that canines were generally friendly within neutral territories.... generally.)

Eventually, the black fae decided to respond to the seemingly amiable male. “Oh-keh-i,” the alto voice responded grudgingly, claiming that she was fine. The piercing gaze of the Korean became diminished as she lay the possibility of threat aside. “Leh-geu peh-een suhm,” the alto song continued at length. A soft frown touched the black lips as her foreign features softened once more. “TaeKyung not nee-deu hehl-peu,” she decided. Even though help would be welcome, she did not trust this strange male. And a hurt muscle was something that she could handle—perhaps in an hour or so. The white orbs peered at the male, eerily devoid of her thoughts. Would the male leave? Perhaps she could make the stranger leave.

<style type="text/css">
.yi-pagoda b {font-weight:bold; color:#1e0000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.yi-pagoda .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#http://i.imgur.com/Ef6Yw.png;}
.yi-pagoda p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.yi-pagoda {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#890000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ef6Yw.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 1px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#b22e2e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]