The Things We Can Learn
[html]

Jaz-man

WC: 300+

The weather was beautiful outside. It had been raining for days now but today it had been a hot summer like day and all of Jazper’s pack mates had been out and about. The pups were now getting on to teenage years and had started traveling around the boarders sniffing out wolves from other packs to interact with and the adults had assumed their regular duties. Often in the summer months Savina and Ghita found their way down to the shore, a place where Jazper could remember fond memories of both Marino ladies. He had shown off his shifting to Savina when he was just a boy and had shared his first meal with Ghita by that big ocean side.

For now Jazper hid from the rest of the world in his not-so-secret secret hideout. Once upon a time as a teenager he had stumbled across a dial on the edge of a paintings frame. After spending many hours working out the three digit code he had discovered hidden passages which lead to two large rooms and a long tunnel to Rabbit Lake. There were many underground tunnels surrounding Crimson Dreams which only the Dreamers knew about, and most of which were undiscovered completely.

Leaning back in an old lawn chair with his large feet perched up on a work bench the coal warrior hummed a pleasant tune off key. Although he was quite talented on the violin Jazper couldn’t carry a tune if his life depended on it, much like his mate. On his lap was one of the many swords from the weapons lining the walls in this particular room, polishing it with a smile. The two rooms had become a place for him to store his collections. One room was filled with various weapons which he tried to piece together when broken or kept just for show. The other room had tables covered in human junk and boxed of coins, jewellery and other things he believed to be useful. Being so caught up in his collections he had forgotten that a short hall and a few steps away he had left the large painting swung open for anyone to enter.

<style type="text/css">
.Jaz001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#3165d3; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Jaz001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; text-align:right;}
.Jaz001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Jaz001 {margin:0 auto; width:359px; background-color:#01040d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... jaz001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9a9ea1; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: So sorry for the late reply ; ;

Amata was bored out of her mind, she still hadn’t found anything worthwhile. Even any of her trips outside the pack yielded nothing. So she was in the mansion, not really tearing through rooms, but just wandering back and forth through the hallways, until something caught her eye, a painting was moved, not tilted but pulled out, and it was strange, it stuck out like a sore thumb. Curiosity got the best of her and she moved forward into the room, and found a secret passage, wondering who had come through here, she went inside, pulling the painting so it was only open by a slit and walked through the dark tunnel, where she could hear the tuneless sound coming from a familiar voice though she couldn’t think for her life who it was, but when she finally found the source she couldn’t help but giggle a little

“I had to know it would be you down here uncle.”

Amata said teasingly to her uncle. She wondered how long he had been down her, and he had noticed him polishing his blade, and remembered the day she had been with Saluce in his pack, and looked closer, she could not really tell the difference between many of the swords, but seeing the work of art that Saluce made with his own swords, changed her percetion of them slightly. She wondered what Jazper was doing in here, it was quiet, maybe he wanted to be alone, and then she felt bad because she had ruined the quiet for him. She looked abashed but didn’t move, not until he sent her away, it was just her way of doing things.

Table template by the Mentors! Table by Noelle

<style>
.amata_flower01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.amata_flower01 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.amata_flower01 b {color:#A2152C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.amata_flower01 { background-color:#c1d3e7; background-image:url(http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9263/amataflower.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B2127; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.amata_flower01 .inner {margin:10px 10px 220px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templates/ddmbg.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Fail. Melissa is Fail.

The little hideout was a haven away from the rest of the pack. Although it really wasn't a secret with a few of the younger members, including all five of his own pups, knowing it's whereabouts. Yet he still enjoyed knowing that whenever things above ground got to serious or to frustrating for his fast tempered soul he could always slip away to his underground collections. Running the cloth along the swords helped him to relax from the constant strain of pack life and fatherhood. Both were similar in a sense, he had a family to care for the same as he had his pack. Most members of Crimson Dreams were relatives of his through marriage, or pups of good friends.

He wasn't particularly close with anyone but he had been around since the pack had first settled around Rabbit Lake. A consistently 'there' wolf, doing his duty to the pack be it helping with a hunt,bringing home some fish, patrolling the boarders, or just having a conversation with one of their many members. He could remember back in the day when they were a small family. Just Savina, Anu, his adoptive parents and a few others. No one was really blood until Ehno and Ghita showed up at their boarders and now the entire pack seemed to bear the Marino's, or one of their mates, last name.

A voice came from behind him, causing him to jump from his seat in alarm, turning his torso to the intruder, sword tip aiming in the direction of the voice. Upon discovering his niece his arm quickly lowered, allowed the swords tip to rest on the floor with a chuckle. “You startled me Amata.” He chuckled as he turned his back to the cream girl, lifting the sword into its place on the wall. “I must have forgotten to close the door behind me.” He admitted with a sheepish grin. He had so much on his mind knowing that in not too long the seasons would change again. “How have you been? What brings you to my litle hideout?” He asked with a grin, his large frame placing a wooden chair near the one he had been sitting on. She looked so much like her father.

<style type="text/css">
.Jaz001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; text-align:right;}
.Jaz001 {margin:0 auto; width:359px; background-color:#01040d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... jaz001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9a9ea1; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Nah I still <3 ya!!

Amata jumped back when Jazper did, almost afraid he was going to stab her with his sword but he didn’t and he relaxed when he saw her there. She clearly relaxed when the sword point dropped to the ground and she let out breath she didn’t know she was hold.

“And I should never try to do that again, I’m sorry I startled you.”

She said making a mental not that it was not a good idea to sneak up on her uncle. She looked around the chamber curiously, as she listened to him. Her eyes met his when he asked her how she was and what she was there for.

“I have been very well thank you, and as for why I am here, well I was quite curious as to where this particular thing would take me. I didn’t mean to intrude on anything private.”

She said. It was all entirely the truth, her natural curiousity had caught her. She had always been interested in the unknown and a portrait that held a secret entrance was one huge unknown that Amata had to explore. She was sure one day her curiousity was going to get her into big trouble some day.

“What do you do down here? I really hope I’m not disturbing you, how’s your chest? It looks like it’s doing a lot better.”

She said as she looked him over, her eye catching anything that could be a problem, but he seemed to be considerably better the last time she saw him, but she had tended to his wounds after all, she wouldn’t leave him crippled in any way.

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.amata_flower01 { background-color:#c1d3e7; background-image:url(http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9263/amataflower.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B2127; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.amata_flower01 .inner {margin:10px 10px 220px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templates/ddmbg.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The young father wasn’t as young anymore when compared to most of the folk running around. For some strange reason Nova Scotia seemed to be crawling with young and vibrant canines, the older ones choosing to stay closer to home. It was true that back when he was a young one he would visit other packs, focus on meeting as many others as possible and discovering new worlds that weren’t what he was use to. Once the seasons changed again he would be 4 years old. The next couple years would be all he had left of his youth, after he reached 6 years he knew very well that he would slow down, maybe lose some muscle, and it would be all downhill from then on.

Looking at Amata he was reminded of the large family that he had come to possess. A couple years ago he had been desperate to find a family of his own and rushed into many relationships in hopes of finding a partner that would supply him with such a thing. But all that was needed was time. In time his old wounds, and new wounds had healed and he had found a loving mate in his alpha’s sister.

He mumbled another apology at her response, though it was a weaker one. His job was to protect the pack and his startled reaction had been drilled into him since his puphood. Golden orbs followed Amata’s gaze around the room, ears perked up listening to her words. “I’m glad you’re well.” Looking down at he chest he nodded, “All good thanks to you.” Even though he wore a collared shirt, it was not large enough to do the buttons up comfortable so the large scar was very visible to all those that cared to look. "You know you’ve been down here before. Back when I could carry you in one hand.” She had only been a young pup, hardly able to talk at the time so it was doubtful she would remember much.

Fidgeting with his polishing cloth he smiled a shy smile. This hideout was his pride and joy. The perfect escape, having and exit from one of their underground tunnels, and being filled with valuables and weapons they could use if the need arose. “It’s a place for me to keep the weapons I find. Swords, knives, whips, sling shots, different types of bows and arrows.” Pausing he hurried over to a corner and pulled out a box of strange long things. “I’ve even managed to find some old guns. All perfectly unusable but interesting none the less.” Weapons were something that Jazper had learned to love at an early age. Not from a tendency towards violence, but through curiosity and a need to protect his friends and family.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Amata smiled when he said that he was fine and blushed a little when he said it was thanks to her. Then he mentioned her being in her before and she gave him a quizzical look. If he could fit her in one hand then she probably couldn’t remember, she smiled sweetly though, knowing such a thought would have surely been a cute sight

“It’s too bad I don’t remember it, I think this would be a wonderful place to come for a little quiet time”

She said smiling at him, though her smile faded a little as he explained what he held down her. She was not entirely against what he had and what he did, after all not all animals were all good. She was just not a fan of weapons, though her interest caught when he mentioned bows and arrows. Her face flushed a little happily at the thought of saluce teaching her to use one, but pushed the thought away.

“Someone was teaching me how to use a bow and arrow not too long ago. I don’t think I would kill anyone but it’s pretty fun to shoot at targets.”

Her eyes followed as he mentioned alll he carried, they were all very interesting instruments of war and hunting, each one seemed unique and ancient. She was interested in the way the things could look but other than the bows an arrows there was not much more interest in them at all.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Amata's faded smile did not go unnoticed by her gentle giant Uncle. His brow frowned, she was of a different mind then him, a healer not a fighter. He had grown up well aware that if there was need for it he should fight for those he loved. He almost didn't want to bring the topic back after she mentioned an interest in a bow and arrow. With understanding eyes he cuffed a large hand very her cream shoulder, “You know I would never allow harm to come to anyone with a good heart Amata. These weapons will never leave this room unless I feel like we can not handle a threat with claws and teeth.” Motioning to the wall he added, “Take whatever suits your fancy but I expect a nice plump rabbit within the week. I'm sure by then you'll have caught a few.”

It amazed the Knight what some canines remembered and what others did not. He could recall hardly being able to form his own sentences, tagging behind his midnight colored father with a silly grin and a bundle of questions that he could hardly spit out. Yet here stood his niece, a young adult. who could not recall her puphood. “I can remember it like yesterday.” He chuckled as he held up a finger and quickly shuffled into the next room. Digging through a box loudly he reappeared, large grin across his face and holding out a silver tiara. “You fell in love with this the first time I put it on your tiny head.” Placing the tiara on her head once again he couldn't help but feel the way any proud uncle would feel upon seeing their niece as a grown and independent adult. He didn't need to lift his arms very high to place it on her head, of course it fit her head much better now.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
His reassurance was not needed but quite welcome. She knew perfectly well that he would use the weapons in self defense only. At the mention of taking something her eyes darted to the bows hanging on the wall, but his last sentence made her flush a little. She didn't hunt, she could, but she only hunted out of absolute necessity. Because she worked as a healer, she didn't feel bad from taking from the stores or asking someone else for a freshly caught animal. She did not like the hunt, she just liked how it felt to get the arrow into the target of whatever she was practicing with, that was about it. She looked at him and gave him a nervous smile.

"You can get the rabbit I'll just have a little fun shooting targets,

She wasn't aware he did not know about her position of healing. She didn't just heal wolves; she healed all sorts of creatures from the very tiny to the very large, and it would have been such a contridiction to hunt, though she was not a vegetarian, she just didn't care to hunt. He pulled something out of a box and showed it to her, telling her about the first time she had seen this and a flash of memory did come back to her, how could she have ever forgotten? She smiled as he put it on her head

"I do remember this, why couldn't I remember the room? It's so wonderful and quiet here! I'll certainly remember now.

She exclaimed. She remembered most of her childhood but it seemed some of it was not all there, maybe she needed a reminder, and it seemed the tiara was it. She was happy to get her uncles attention and knew he was a great father to his children and a wonderful uncle to her and her siblings. She was glad to get some alone time with him.