{M} - tem[p]les made out of paper.
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

It was like something had gone wrong with everything. The roof had sprung a leak and the gutters were clogged; there was a tear in one wall of the greenhouse (which had done nothing to prevent the plants inside from dehydrating and turning to dust, of course). The dolly--which should have never been left outside in the first place--had rusted. In the yard ragweed and dandelions were competing with the crop. The yearling was well equipped to deal with most of it, but it was still a little overwhelming on his first pass assessment. Luckily all of the tools and extra supplies stored in the garage were intact, even if the whole thing smelt a little like a wet dog in a damp basement.

Armed with some extra materials he'd scavenged from a supply outlet on the way in from Inferni, he decided to go knock out round two of repairs. He'd spent maybe a week addressing some of the more critical issues upon his return to Nova Scotia: the roof had been mended and the gutters cleared. He was pleased that his repair had held up; despite a passing spring shower earlier, the garage was dry. It still smelt kind of musky, though, so his first order of business was to hoist open the two big doors so it could air out.

His second was to roll up something nice (well, that was being generous) from the buds he'd left to cure. They'd been plucked from the plants outside, which, left to their own devices, had begun to seed and select for things other than potency. Nevertheless, working through a mild buzz and a cloud of smoke would feel a lot less tedious. With the lit joint still hanging loosely from his mouth, he went to go wrastle the dolly away from the weeds.

<style>
.barrett-traffic p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.barrett-traffic b {color:#FDE77D; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.barrett-traffic {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#FEF2A6; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... affic1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 190px 0px; border:none; width:420px; border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; margin:0 auto;}
.barrett-ooc {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#B16621; text-align: justify; background-color:#000000; border:none; width:400px; border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; margin:0 auto;padding:5px 10px 5px 10px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Thank you once again for your patience and starting this out! 500+

Dahlia de Mai had been under extreme renovation since Conor (the past Alpha Male of Dahlia) decided to step down from his throne and pass the reign onto Nayru. With dreams and aspirations of rebuilding the docks and structures that suffered drastic amount of weather damage, regenerating the vineyards for wine production, and anything else that required a fix up, it was expected of every member in the ranks to play a part in mending something back to its recondition. Taking on the role assisting with renovating what she could with the vineyards, wine making was a far cry from the poses of baptiste or the incense of aromatherapy, but the Sidhe believed to keep her mind spry and flexible while she matured, it wouldn't hurt in the least to obtain a new skill and hobby to pass the time.

Whisking away from the territory bounds on this day, the newly appointed Wahrer (the Wahrer rank meant hunter, but was technically far from being an expert in hunting) perceived the outlying areas around Dahlia to hold tools left from human civilization in order to assist her further in restoring the vineyards. Her snowy owl companion soared ahead of her overhead, silently ruling the path of which they traveled, as Kael always did. In the distance was a withered structure, but before her sky blue gaze even caught sight of it, the familiar smell of cannabis caught her senses as little as a mile away. The smell of cannabis was well known among the Luperci, very identifiable and this strand with a potent aroma to it. Where there was strong cannabis usually meant there was somebody burning it for their personal use. With the smell growing more prominent as she casually strolled along, it seemed like Kael was soaring in the same direction of the source as well. She wondered if the smell was any appealing to the snowy owl as it was to her, as the pair progressed onward to the structure.

Approaching to where there was a dark, mottled figure of black and brown tampering with a dolly amongst the snarled weeds, the joint smoldered with liberty at the edge of his darkened canine lips. With his concentration on seizing the structure from the overgrowth, the male looked quite young for his physique, but there was also a quality about him which was matured as well (at least Alae didn't feel as old as she usually did around Dahlia de Mai). Decked out in cargo pants, a brown beanie, and what looked like a key slung around his neck, Alae kept a comfortable distance between them, but crossed her arms and tilted her head in inquiry. "The strand of that… smells like Afghani, but I could be wrong?" Alae said, her muzzle lightly motioning to the joint upon his lips. It had been a considerable while since she last dealt with cannabis (and smoked a considerable amount during her earlier juvenile years), and hopefully her skill of distinction between the strands of such was still on point. Kael landed an earshot away, ruffling his pale feathers and gleaming upon the male with his wide eyed, scrutinizing look.

<style type="text/css"> .character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#D3C690; letter-spacing:1px; } .character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px;} .character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;} .character-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/x1c7zc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid gray; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#595548; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]
No worries ^_^ Alae makes me want to hug things xD

Her presence came as quite a surprise; he'd neither heard nor smelt her approach. The creaks, groans, and tearing of grass associated with freeing the dolly played no small role, but the smoke wafting over his nose and clouding his senses was still the main culprit. His movements ceased mid-jerk and the dolly balanced on the two wheels that remained half-stuck (so close!). He looked up (a dreamy and deliberate action), and beheld the timbre woman with a questioning look, the joint dangling freely as he considered what she said.

"Uh," he started, allowing gravity to gently reclaim the ensnared metallic contraption. Using his fingertips, he plucked the cig from his mouth and stared at it, as though it might produce the answer she sought. "I dunno; you're probably right." He hadn't a clue--he wasn't even sure if his copper grandfather knew, and Anselm was the one responsible for planting most of it. Still, he was inclined to agree with her if only because she was pretty and seemed to know what she was talking about.

Catching her brilliant blue gaze, he held up a finger and flicked his ear as if to say one sec, popped the joint back in his mouth, and--with one final forceful, yet controlled thrust--freed the dolly at last. He half-drug, half-rolled it over to where she was in the driveway and toppled it to its side so he could get at the wheels later. Temporarily abandoning it, he now chose to focus on his company instead. "Would you like a taste?" he offered, more than happy to share with a fellow enthusiast. "I can show you the plants 'round back, too, if it helps," he added, assuming for now she was genuinely curious and not just making conversation.

Not that he'd mind in the case of the latter, of course. The Dahlian had a tranquil air about her he was immediately attracted to and he found her various jewellery and trinkets to accentuate her feminine features very nicely. From head to toe she was a sight to behold: silky flowing hair, beaded bracelets about her slender wrists, a fit and curvy build... The tattoo especially caught his attention, as he understood what the lotus symbolised. His eyes lingered here a bit longer, but he was careful not to leer.

A flutter of white in his peripheral caught his attention next, and he turned his reddened eyes to the sombre owl. It reminded him of Apache's falcon, which would no doubt seek him out sometime in the coming weeks. He still had to sit down and write a letter for his parents and Anselm--updates on himself, on Savina, on Inferni. Barrett would get around to it, of course, but only once there was literally nothing better to do or the deadline was bearing down on him. "I'm not sure your friend likes me very much," he joked lightly, eyes lighting up as he looked back to the woman and away from the bird's intent, piercing stare.

<style>
.barrett-traffic b {color:#FDE77D; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.barrett-traffic {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#FEF2A6; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... affic1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 190px 0px; border:none; width:420px; border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; margin:0 auto;}
.barrett-ooc {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#B16621; text-align: justify; background-color:#000000; border:none; width:400px; border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; margin:0 auto;padding:5px 10px 5px 10px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

<333! I like your writing style, descriptive and crisp. :3 626

It became apparent the mottled brown and black male didn't expect company to come waltzing up his driveway so sudden, but at the same time didn't appear to mind. Taking the joint from his lips and inspecting it himself to see if it was indeed the strain the Sidhe spoke of, he reached a conclusion of doubt as to what family of cannabis it was from. Then again, it was common for many to smoke cannabis without being so sure as to what type they were smoking exactly. No matter what the strain was, all of them held their common goal to bring a person to a state of relaxation. Her agouti muzzle tipped in a nod, understandingly of his doubt. "I haven't smoked any for a minute, not since I left Ireland. I figured it smelled like Afghani, but then again they all have the same effect in the end." Alae noted, with a light smile tacking onto the end of her statement. She was patient as he finally won the battle with enrapturing the dolly from the snarled weeds, putting it off to the side momentarily.

Offering to relish in some of the flavor and high of the cannabis he was smoking, Alae didn't expect for him to be so considerate in offering his own, but was grateful nonetheless. "I suppose a little wouldn't hurt. It's been so long. Thank you." Assuming he was more than generous on providing his joint for fair share, Alae inspected the rolled cannabis in her grasp before taking an inhale of a drag from it. It had been so long that it slightly burned in the back of her throat, but was persistent on getting a good hit. There was enough taken to where she passed it back to him, and let it sit in her lungs momentarily to absorb as much of the THC crystals her system could. Blowing out a stream of the residue smoke her lungs couldn't soak up, there was a leafy taste of the cannabis on her tongue, and her eyes instantly watered. He then mentioned plants around the back, to where Alae assumed he might have been talking about cannabis plants, or maybe some other varieties. "You grow weed on your property, or other sorts of herbs as well?" Alae would eventually be led to what he was referring to, but was curios about what sort of plants he was able to harvest himself. The Wahrer was big on natural herb collecting for holistic and aromatherapy needs, so it was a topic that instantly caught her attention.

Alae noticed his observing eyes upon her, and smiled back in silence. One thing about him was that he looked quite young, but not as young as her entire pack was in Dahlia de Mai. It was always a pleasure to run into company that was about as close to her age as they could get in these parts, because all of her previous encounters (except for Saluce) were about a year younger than her and even still growing out of the stages of being a juvenile. Leering over to Kael, it was in his typical fashion to look intimidating and stoic for an owl like himself. Alae laughed to this. "I'm not sure he likes a lot. Maybe he has some sort of Alpha Male complex, but that's how he typically looks. His name is Kael." Alae said, a small grin on her face as she glanced at her feathery companion. Kael typically wasn't a threat to anyone yet, so Alae wasn't too worried about him. "And I'm Alae, from Dahlia de Mai." The Wahrer then said, figuring her introduction would suit well in this moment after she introduced her leering companion.

<style type="text/css"> .character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#D3C690; letter-spacing:1px; } .character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px;} .character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;} .character-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/x1c7zc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid gray; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#595548; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]
<3 Sorry 'bout the delay, I've been preoccupied with trying to get my stupid profile organised and up to date the past couple days... still not done, either x_x! -Loves how zen Alae's is-

Barrett's mother had been raised by a clan of second generation Irishmen (and a woman), so he visibly perked when she mentioned the country by name. The O'Clavins--and even his mother--retained thick accents to this day. As he'd spent as much time around them as away during his formative months, it hadn't really stuck in his case, though perhaps a discerning ear could recognise the faint play of Irish amongst the Italian, Australian, American, and other influences. His birth pack had become quite the worldly place and he'd picked up a little something from everyone over time, but the final blend was largely generic.

Nevertheless, the last thing he wanted to talk or think about in the company of this radiant young woman was his mother--and so he said nothing, and the thought dropped from his consciousness completely in due time. He smiled and beat his tail thrice as she accepted his offer, then squatted to the ground while she took her hit. She'd already caught his roaming eyes once, and--while she hadn't seemed to mind explicitly--he was hoping to be more subtle and not come off as a creep. It gave him a good excuse to futz with the dolly, in any case, and he took a quick inventory of everything he'd need. The wheels would be coming off completely.

He looked up as she passed it back to him and accepted it with a nod of his head. He took another puff as he stood and considered her question. "Well... kind of... not really," he started, thick smoke billowing out of his mouth after each word. "Mostly marijuana at the moment, by the end of the growing season things will be better." As an afterthought he felt that was kind of ambiguous, and decided to clarify while he passed the joint back to her. There was no shortage of supply here and he hardly minded sharing with anyone while he smoked, especially women. It was only when others wished to take a quantity for themselves at a later time he'd buckle down and start discussing the terms of a trade.

"Got some poppies, too, but not enough to barter or even use." Anselm had only received a small number of viable seeds from the get-go and he'd planted most in the greenhouse with the expectation that someone would be there to ensure their survival. Fortunately, he'd had the foresight to keep several in reserve in case of blight or extenuating circumstances and he'd even planted a couple outside. These outdoor plants were healthy but his only sure shot to rebuild, as there was no guarantee the unsown seeds would take were he to plant them. Poppies aside--there were mushrooms, but the were was key here. These had been grown inside of the garage and had perished completely due to lack of added moisture. Barrett hoped they might revive if only he resupplied life-giving water, but he was not wholly optimistic.

Barrett peered back at the pale creature as Alae introduced her feathery companion, and then herself in turn. Her name had a pleasing, simple ring to it that suffered no loss in beauty for its brevity. "Well met," he smiled. "I'm Barrett," he added, mentally reeling at how sharp and rough it sounded compared to hers. This was more of a half-baked thought than a legitimate concern, however, and at length he managed to turn his attention back to the task at hand. "Hmm, I'll show you around out back, then I can grab some things out of the garage when we're done?" He did not mind her company--and truthfully welcomed it, as was evident in his tone--but he did not wish to put his efforts completely on hold. The yearling still hoped to return to Crimson Dreams sometime within the next day.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

No worries! Don't even remind me about fixing my profile, I've got so much I haven't completed yet with both that AND the wiki. O_x Haha, I wanted a character who followed Celtic like traditions or some sort of Buddhist practice, and I settled with both for Alae. Tongue 656

Any once overs his pale yellow eyes decided to do when dancing over her figure in observation, the Sidhe wouldn't particularly mind, for the effects of the THC crystals in the cannabis were already beginning to take instant effect for her. Feeling the lethargy haze begin to captivate her psyche, it was a haze that, at the same time, was an instant mood lift. Her increased awareness of the senses began to kick in, as it probably looked just as strange for her to be giving him the exact same once over with her own sky blue eyes, but the details were more precise, the colors more vivid, and her view of the world becoming more abstract. A wide grin slowly began expanding across the plain of her muzzle, as this strand made her feel elated with instant enjoyment. Not only was her mood elated, but Alae also relished in the opportunity of his presence, which felt instantly comfortable. There was always a moment of awkwardness to be felt when making ice breakers, but this encounter felt laid back, mutual, as if they had known each other for years.

Explaining marijuana was the only crop harvested (and in a small quantity, judging from the way he explained the improvement at the end of the season), Alae nodded in acknowledgment to this. During her exploration of her journey through the mutual lands surrounding her pack of Dahlia de Mai, she took note of many herbs that weren't commonly found this far North in the world. Whether it was the humans who once planted the seeds or evolution of some sort, there was an abundance of plants with many natural medicinal value upon this continent. The topic of herbs was always an interest grabber for the Sidhe, for it was part of her holistic healing and aromatherapy practices. "There's many plants I wouldn't think would be found this far North, but from what I've noticed, Nova Scotia is rich with many things to make your harvest flourish for business. Especially now that summer's arriving." Alae explained, making her thoughts vocal, and also taking another puff of his joint that he passed back to her. Alae first debated whether or not her first hit would suffice enough, but figured an increased state of euphoria couldn't hurt.

While his poppy shortage was low, Alae quickly jogged in her mind to think if she had any spare to provide. There were jars of dried herbs back in her abode at Dahlia, and figured there had to be some extra somewhere. The only reason she would have poppy was for enhancing enzymes for the Luperci body, as most of the herbs she collected had some effect on the immune system or senses. "I might have extra poppies to spare back in Dahlia if you need them, though I don't think I've passed by any since I've came here." Alae said, shaking her head. Not entirely sure, it drove her to further wonder about his purpose for planting. "So, are you growing for profit, or is it a hobby you enjoy?" Alae asked, tacking on the question a little late. Despite how the haze of the marijuana was increasing, Alae grew particularly chatty when under the influence of such.

Presenting his name as Barrett, it was masculine and seemed to fit the ambience of him well. Without any more delay to show the property around the back, Alae agreed to follow behind. There was still work for him to do before the day was out, and Alae didn't want to delay him much time to get what he needed to get done completed. "Sure. Do you need any help with moving things from the garage? I've got free time to spare." While it was in her mission to gather tools for renovating the vineyards back in Dahlia, there was always time on her watch to offer a helping paw, if needed. Also, for Barret sharing his joint so generously, figured she wanted to do something kind in return.

[html]
I hope the move went smoothly Big Grin

Barrett, too, had noticed the instantaneous familiarity this drug could afford strangers. It was one of several reasons why marijuana would always be his favourite. It never seemed to spawn brawls from drunken misunderstandings as alcohol might; it wouldn't completely flat-line someone's personality like opium. While it was difficult to say which preceded the other—that is, if it was the property of the drug itself, or just in the nature of those souls drawn to it in the first place—there was something undeniable about that simple, good-will gesture of sharing a toke with somebody new.

And so, he found himself quite relaxed in her presence. (Not that he was usually uncomfortable around others—he wouldn't linger in the company of individuals who left him ill at ease any longer than necessary.) The mocha yearling was further pleased that his guest seemed to be enjoying herself, and with no conscious effort on his part, he found an equally silly grin spreading across his face to mirror her own. At her prediction of a bountiful harvest he nodded with optimism and concurrence. Anselm had a bad habit of embellishing the truth, but Barrett believed him when he said business and production had once been prosperous.

He perked up at the mention of more poppies and though he said nothing outright, it was clear the gears inside his head were turning. He took one final hit before flicking the spent joint off to the side. “Hmm, well if you've any seeds to spare I'm sure we could work something out. I could even hit you back with more from the next gen after they flower,” he explained, before jumping to the next subject. “But I'm a trader, yuh, more of a side job I guess. Not that I don't have a fun time with it, get to meet some really lovely people.” It was a little bold, a little flirtatious—but there was no use denying the interest the young woman had already sensed anyway.

As they made their way around back, he pointed at a small cluster of the budding flowers and stated: “Those're all I've got at the moment.” The pot plants, meanwhile, had spread to encompass nearly a quarter acre. The loamy scent of earth was still noticeable from his digging and weeding earlier in the morning. “Got what we just smoked off'a those,” was all he said, figuring the rest was self-explanatory. If she wanted to take a closer look she was most welcome to, and he waited before moving on to the final point of interest.

He peeled back the entrance flap of the greenhouse so they could peer around, but didn't bother to step inside. All of the plants were dead and brown from neglect. “Gonna rig up an irrigation system so this won't happen again,” he muttered, as much to himself as anything. He didn't really want to get into the circumstances behind the situation, and so he shrugged in dismissal of the topic before turning back to the garage. He counted out sixteen screws and gently handed them to her in silent thanks—they would be easier to keep track of if she held them—and rooted around in his tool chest for a hammer, a screwdriver, and a pair of bolt cutters.

“So what do you do?” he wondered, peering over to her as they returned to their original starting point.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

The move went great! Finally settled in, and glad to get back to writing! 797

With the haze of THC beginning to take a more captive state over her mind, this didn't regard her from keeping focused on the conversation and the tasks about to come. Her nerves had not been exposed to the effects of marijuana in quite sometime, so the effect was hitting her more profoundly and stronger than it used to when she smoked for enjoyment every other day. Seeing as how there was a silly grin to register upon Barrett's own muzzle, it made her own broaden as Barrett explained sharing the harvest of poppies that he could obtain from her own seeds given to him. Sounded like a fair trade enough, as the Sidhe nodded in acknowledgement. "I could work with that. I've been scavenging the mutual territories for whatever I could find in a medicinal sense, and I've found some worthy gems I didn't think would grow in these parts. We can see if those will flourish with your collection as well." Alae replied, for there were jars upon jars back in her dwelling at Dahlia that housed dried and cracked herbs of all sorts from her travels. The little flirtatious tack upon his sentence couldn't have made her grin any more broad, as a light laugh followed suit. "Who knows, it could turn into something more of a joint venture opportunity for both of our packs." The brilliance behind marijuana is it got her thinking, and so many ideas were instantly overflowing into her mind at the moment about the prospects of trading with other packs for goods and services. Dahlia already began with the production of wine bottling and wine making, why not attempt to take on another trade such as seed harvesting?

Following in suit with Barrett to his collection he possessed and pointed out, Alae crouched up close to some specimens, but continued to remain on pace with Barrett's tour of the greenhouse. Seeing as how Barrett's collection could definitely use some assistance from what she already possessed seed wise back in Dahlia, the back of her mind did a mental checklist of what she had on hand to provide to him as Barrett led them to peer into an area where the plants were wilted at best. A failed project perhaps, but fortunately with plants, compost and proper irrigation techniques that he noted would bring them back to life in no time. There was much potential Alae could see in this greenhouse, and the Sidhe fed off Barrett's desire to revive it to its highest attainable state. "When I leave, I'll return to my den to look for what I've collected so I can give you more than just poppies. I've got some things that could really find a home and growth here, with a little touch up in compost and soiling." The Wahrer offered, though of course she didn't want to appear like she was having in on whatever project Barrett had going on for himself. She understood Luperci had to make their own incomes from somewhere, but Alae was more than willing to help if Barrett so needed the assistance to, for plants and herbs were right up there on her forte.

Sauntering back to the location where they first met, Alae took hold of the sixteen screws he provided. She observed the human made metal pieces in her grasp as he rummaged around in a box that contained more of the same with human made tools. Finding herself staring at the screws for a bit longer than intended (the effects of marijuana were still greatly at work, and wouldn't prove to slow down anytime soon), her ears suddenly caught Barrett's question of her practice a few moments after her stupor in staring silence. Blinking her eyes, she shook her head lightly as if to rid the temporary cloud of idleness that overcame her. "I practice meditation and yoga, preferably baptiste, which is more of a flow of breath and movement than simple stretching." Alae started, pausing at first. "My grandmother taught me the practice back in Ireland, and so far it seems not too many in Nova Scotia are fond of it, so I do what I can to help those who need clarification and quietness to their souls." Another pause. "I also make incense and candles for aromatherapy, which sort of tie into my whole practice of meditation as well. I collect many herbs so I could extract the essential oils from them, thus making what I need to achieve burning scents as well." Her explanation then fell into silence from that point forward, as Alae could also mention her newfound interest in winemaking and tidying up the vineyards in Dahlia, but that wasn't as nearly as important as what she excelled in for her own skills.

[html]
o___o Dang, lady. I've no idea how you write so much.. usually I struggle to come up with posts half that length. XD I don't even know where this one came from... it's my longest Barrett post evaaar, so I hope you don't expect it again... but these two are so much fun :3 I'm glad the move went well, too Big Grin

In his mind, Barrett ran through the greenhouse several times to get a handle on its final layout. He envisioned the shorter poppy plants around the perimeter (perhaps with a patch on one side reserved for tobacco) and a number of high quality, high yield marijuana plants growing in the centre—this mimicked Anselm's original setup. While he wasn't sure he had the real estate for mass production of much else, she would be helping him out of a jam with the poppy seeds and the structure did run nearly the full length of a house; he wouldn't mind quarantining off a section for her to experiment with these mystery medicinal plants. (Adept as he was in the cultivation of narcotics, he was no botanist or herbalist.)

He was feeling pretty okay about all of this, but when she proposed a pack-wide endeavour he faltered. This was his moonlight operation, something unofficial he actually preferred did not get back to his Alpha; Savina seemed like the sort who might worry. Lamentably, such concerns would not be unfounded (otherwise they would be easy to laugh off or wave away). For all the good canines—past, present, and future—this business brought before him, junkies and thugs were another very real possibility.

He already had one encounter that was too close for comfort. Ultimately, he was saved by the drug ring's disengagement from Crimson Dreams: it afforded him the freedom to run. If anything nasty got back to the pack that sheltered, fed, and accepted him, he would be obligated to fight—both to defend his home, but also to contend his continued involvement with Hilsburn. Ultimatums had a track record of horrifying the adolescent; he didn't want to choose between his trade and the protection of a pack, but he was convinced should anything sour make its way back to his leadership, he'd be faced with exactly that: a very uncomfortable decision, indeed.

Negative thoughts were quick to slip his mind under the influence of such a merry drug and he pushed them into the depths of his subconscious while they completed the tour. Strangely, the odds of him coming up with a satisfactory solution were greater if he did not ponder it directly. Instead he focused on the dolly. He considered briefly whether it would be best to manually untangle the severed grasses and weeds wound about its wheels, but inevitably opted for the brute force method. He sheared off the nuts and bolts securing the casters, then pried and hammered them free. It made a considerable racket, and he was sure to lay off the gas when she started detailing her own profession.

“Really?” he chirped, more as a metaphorical, conversational filler than a genuine inquiry. His heavily lidded gaze lit up; he was intrigued. Absently setting his tools aside, he rose to his feet and struck a few poses he'd learned in Taijitu—these were more combat and balance oriented. “Yoga... like this?” he wondered, having never heard the specific term before. Their teachings stemmed from the same trunk, perhaps, but were on a very different branch—the practise of martial arts could achieve nearly the same meditative effect, but the approach was completely different. She might pick up on these differences and correct him; if nothing else, it was clear he regarded the subject with an open mind.

The mention of incense also caught his attention. Suddenly the cogs that had been turning in the background seemed to click into place. Who could argue with things that smelled nice... especially if they might mask the tell-tale scent of marijuana that emanated from this place? Without great numbers the effect would be meagre at best, but eventually... plus it would be a more acceptable “front”... hmm, yes. “Tell ya what,” he said suddenly, “what if I quarter off part of the greenhouse for now. I'm usually here every other week to check in on things, but if I'm not here you can either leave the seeds at the door and I'll find 'em or plant 'em yourself. If we run outta space, I'll just put up another greenhouse!” Apart from the extra materials Anselm left behind, it would be trivial to make up the difference once his dolly was in working order. Perhaps everything would work out after all.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry, no need to match length whatsoever. ^^ Sometimes I have these bouts of inspiration, but I promise to keep them shorter. Reference of her pose is found here! 549

Upon mentioning the opportunity to make commerce between their two packs, there was no response made about any ideas offered to the slab on pursuing such a thing further. Which was perfectly fine for the Sidhe, even if Barrett didn’t choose to share his musings, for her mindset didn’t exactly calculate the possibility of those attempting to take abuse of the substances, or other issues that could arise in leadership and conflict. It was really something that sounded nice for a bonding opportunity, an opportunity to branch out and make new relations. The THC was flooding the gateways of her mind that were often blocked, sputtering out thought after thought freely. Mainly, there was a motive to Alae in order to get Dahlia de Mai’s good name out again. Apparently there was a sordid and violent history that encircled her pack that Alae didn’t quite understand herself yet, but apparently their previous image had done much burden and ruin to their name that any means of extending relations was imperative for their new image. Little did Alae expect that Dahlia would become no more in the coming weeks, but for the present time here, Alae aspired to configure means to get more traffic into Dahlia and branch out.

With the onset of yoga in the conversation, Barrett broke into several poses that made a grin spread wide upon her agouti maw, and also made her laugh softly. Indeed, there were different ways to approach different poses when it came to practices of stretching the limbs as well as your mind in the same manner, and Alae broke out into her own pose. It was known as Natarajasana, or Dancing Shiva. Catching her left foot from behind, her abdominals sucked inward in order to draw her tailbone down to create space in her lower back. Lifting her right arm up, Alae began to lean forward and press her left leg away from her. Making a bow shape with her left leg, Alae made a fixed point at the snout of Barrett’s nose, and her arm made an invisible cut right in front of his muzzle. There was a silly grin on her maw, as it was only but the haze of the THC that was making this pose completely random to do with a ridiculous smile. “Poses like this, in Baptiste, is more of my forte.” The Sidhe remarked, her eyes fixed on his nose alone in concentration to hold her form. After a few seconds she released. “There’s many ways to do so, like you’ve shown. Each way has some beneficiary, more or less.” There was a shrug then, for any pose provided the means to stretch a Luperci’s limbs or mind, whatever the pose intended to do for the spirit overall.

Cutting a deal for Alae to stop by with her offering of poppies and whatever else she had in collection as far as herbs went, the Sidhe eagerly nodded to this. “Sounds like a plan. I’m sure it’ll be easy to transport water here too, if needed.” The irrigation system might have needed work, but it would be no difficult task for Alae to transport buckets and handled jugs of water to assist. Nurturing Mother Nature, after all, was the best gift anyone could take care after

[html]
Oh no, don't get me wrong! -Likes reading your posts- ^^ I just run out of steam super quick trying to keep up, so thanks for understanding if I can't match <3333 Also, I'm sorry Barry is such a horn dog |: -Kicks him-

Barrett knew little of Haku's past transgressions and the infamy surrounding Dahlia de Mai. Anselm had mentioned the twisted demon several times in passing, but the yearling didn't remember enough to connect the dots between the murderer and amiable Alae's associates. In truth, his grandfather had never begrudged the pack for harbouring the blue-eyed monster—he had understood their crooked King to be manipulative and deceitful, intimidating and domineering. Though he never wished Firefly or Kol or any of the others ill will, he would be downright delirious from delight if he heard the bastard had perished at his cousin's fangs, even now—even after he'd been away for so long.

Of course, Barrett thought little of such things. It was safe to say his reservations had nothing to do with Dahlian prejudice. He wanted connections and customers, certainly, but he also wanted to stay off the big dogs' radar. Anything pack-wide posed a security risk, and those that came with the territory were bad enough. He was, however, quite open to a personal partnership, especially with someone as kind, peaceful, attractive, and... whoa, bendy. For the first time he was noticeably gawking, with his eyes running over the strange contours this pose imparted on her figure. He was flexible and well-centred from his training, but he doubted he could contort or keep his balance as effortlessly as the young woman.

Needless to say, as she grinned at him he grinned back, thinking less of the pure mental state such exercises were meant to confer, and more of the other (lewd) ways to relax and strengthen the body. This (among other reasons) was why he could never be a monk—he missed the point entirely. She shrugged and his fantasies took to the back burner. He blinked and his ears fell back awkwardly as he pointedly glanced off to one side in silent apology. “I have no idea how you did that,” he breathed as he looked back to her. He tried to replicate her careful process, but wound up flailing and nearly falling on his face. He caught himself, however, and offered a nervous chuckle. At least, he thought bitterly, he was half-decent at dissipating the sexual tension through his goofy antics.

Still, they had been flirting before anyway, had they not? Maybe she wouldn't mind. Perhaps—she'd even like to help guide him? He nodded hastily regarding the business talk, agreeing wholeheartedly but also more interested in the Dancing Shiva. His eyes sought hers imploringly in a thinly veiled invitation to make physical contact, under the guise of helping him keep his balance while he reattempted the Baptiste pose. He wouldn't voice the question aloud, lest it become awkward and she refused—and he wouldn't initiate or press the matter if she was uncomfortable. He was a slave to his hormones, so he had to try, but he wasn't a creepy jerk, either. Perhaps another blunt was in order either way.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

No worries, I like the realism you bring to his personality. Big Grin Also, I'm not sure if this was slightly PP, but hit me with a PM stick if it was and I'll edit! 581

Business matters clearly evaporated from the focus of their topic, as Alae was more subjected upon perfecting her stance of Dancing Shiva and highly intrigued at the implementation of the Dancing Shiva display she made before Barrett. Such practices weren’t often shared readily amongst strangers or acquaintances like she was doing now; whether it was the THC bringing relaxation to social situations or her true passion to teach those unfamiliar with yoga, Alae let the flow of the posture blossom like it was as natural as breathing. Quite apparent, there was a distinct roving gaze in his pale yellow eyes upon her, however there was no shame in her figure shying away from such a fixed look, nor did it hinder her performance otherwise. It had literally taken a year and a half when she learned to perfect such a pose, and pride radiated from the pose as long as she could hold it comfortably before gracefully returning to a normal stature. She didn’t mind the very evident gape Barrett took of her, for their lighthearted flirting was beginning to manifest itself more blatantly. In the mood their initial joint offered to them, the Sidhe didn’t mind in the least.

Beating the hell out of emphasis of grinning madly, there was more of a reason to hold a smile of amusement when Barrett attempted to mimic Dancing Shiva itself. Puzzled at the concept of balance in this position, Alae shook her head lightly. “Neither did I, at one point. Time, patience, self-control.” Alae hinted lightly at the undertone of his wandering gaze upon her (but of course in good teasing nature), her canines beaming in amusement while Barrett struggled against the force of gravity to keep a still figure. Barrett’s attempt to prime himself into Dancing Shiva to the best of his ability was an automatic cue for Alae to lend physical assistance, which didn’t require a verbal inquiry to do. Placing a hand underneath the base of his ribcage, her palm lightly pressed against the wall of his abdominals so Barrett could lift himself better to keep his torso and chest high and strong. Another hand was applied to the upper portion of his quadriceps to the leg he caught hold of and lifted, and her hand gradually slid up to cup his kneecap and gently lift to give it more stretch to as much comfort Barrett allowed. Her hand glided up his leg in more of a slithering manner than intended, but it gave the nerves of her palm impression of the half velvet, half shorthaired coarseness of his leg fur. Perhaps she was beginning to slowly catch onto the invisible chemistry of flirtation herself, shamelessly.

The Sidhe appreciated more of the anatomy of Barrett’s figure from this angle, as his contours lengthened themselves to get a better view. It would be underestimated to say Alae didn’t take advantage of ogling at the masculine qualities that Barrett possessed, but noted his lanky nature was also balanced in build from quite possibly the labor he done around the greenhouse. Her own eyes took captive of their moment to linger in admiration of his build, as when there was enough support to where Alae sensed it could have possibly been comfortable enough for Barrett to freeze into Dancing Shiva, she removed her support. Gently taking a step back, the corners of her muzzle were twisted in a smirk, looking on with gleaming and glazed over sky blue eyes to see if her support had given him confidence to hold the pose long enough to be stable.

[html]
<3! Nah, I'm weird and actually like when people PP my characters as long as it's not... out of character for them/completely random XD Sorry if this post is sort of all over the place, I got interrupted three separate times while writing it x__x

If his brain were likened to a board of directors, it would seem the “Self Control” trustee was on perpetual vacation leave. The only time he could be arsed to check his Blackberry and send in an emergency executive decision was in case of dire physical threat. Barrett showed remarkable self-restraint when it came to violence—but when it came to pleasure, when it came to matters where there was no clear-cut victim, he was all too willing to throw caution into the wind. “Abstinence” and “sobriety” weren't really part of his vocabulary. Although this recklessness had backfired on him before, the number of misses paled in comparison to the number of hits. Non-indulgence was undeniably less fun.

Patience, however, was a different story. He floated along whichever way the wind blew; he wasn't in a rush to get anywhere in particular. Even when it came to things he desired, he was happy to jump through whatever hoops necessary, right up until the point where sloth superseded want. His patience stemmed more from lack of ambition than any true virtue. Nevertheless, it afforded him a carefree demeanour; he wasn't pushy, he never felt entitled. And so, at her jesting remark, he only quirked one brow while his tail swung in amusement. Okay, okay, I'll give it a shot. (To be fair, he was willing to expend an appreciable amount of effort for a worthwhile cause—his labour around the garage being a prime example.)

The youth flexed automatically in response to her light touch, a subconscious, subliminal sort of peacocking meant to show off the goods. As an added bonus, he found it easier to support the Dancing Shiva's unnatural weight distribution with the muscles of his core tensed and engaged. There was a kind of quiet determination in his gaze, although the snaking movement of her hand down his leg proved a worthy distraction. He cast her a quick, flirtatious smile before setting his sights ahead once more. With her guidance, his form was able to contort and stretch significantly further than he might have guessed, and even as she removed her support, he was able to maintain the pose. For fifteen seconds... thirty... and then he realised he'd forgotten to breathe.

As he exhaled his leg dropped back down and his upper body straightened. His dismount wasn't quite as graceful as Alae's, but it was miles ahead of his first attempt. The improvement was respectable; hopefully she agreed. Between his past experience and her guidance, he supposed he might learn faster than most—but the Baptiste yoga was still very different from whatever lessons he'd received in Taijitu. Those had focused more on rapid flow and progression, mimicking the graceful dance of a martial artist engaged in battle. Even so, he recognised that both styles required a great mental and physical effort to perfect. Just that one pose left him feeling even more relaxed than before.

“You'll have to show me more sometime,” he mused. “And you'll have to tell me more about your plants. How 'bout another smoke to celebrate?” he proposed, figuring it was as good a way as any to toast their new alliance. He offered his hand to lead her back to the garage, work on the dolly temporarily forgotten. He could always finish it later. For now, he'd rather sit back on the couch and enjoy her company more fully.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

It was fiiine. Wo0t, couple more posts or two to wrap up and be onto the next? Big Grin

A nod of acknowledgement followed once Barrett was able to hold what he could of the Shiva, her grin remaining profound across the slender plain of her agouti muzzle. Retracting back into standing position, Alae did not expect graceful perfection the first time around, and wouldn't expect it even on the seventh time. The road to success was paved with faults, whether insignificant cracks or gaping mounds, but the Sidhe was personally delighted to see another open minded enough to attempt to try the practices that had liberated, strengthened, and made herself more clairvoyant over the seasons. She didn't believe Barrett would be inconvenienced by future Lessons of the Lotus, as Alae liked to refer to them as, and would be an activity greatly looked forward to.

Expressing further interest in such, her agouti and peppered tail gave a swaying wave of delight in this. "I have all the time in the world to; I'd love to show you my practices of inner journeys into the worlds of your own mind that you didn't think existed in you. When you're ready, I'll be ready whenever you come calling." Already several series of poses and routines were passing through the gateways of her mind, which were already free flowing at a more hurried pace than usual. Elaborating more on plants and especially indulging in the natural pleasures of nature itself through means of smoking, Alae was more than inclined to join him for a couple more rounds or so to welcome in their newfound friendship. She was already feeling what seemed like the peak of pleasure from the THC bringing haze across her mind, but to turn down a generous offering was something she couldn't do. Taking her hand into his, Alae allowed her host to lead her where Barrett destined to take them. "Lead the way." Her command was simply straightforward enough.