We are very alike, both of us are misguided ghosts
[html]

1482 words/Read Only. Luna comes across a ghost who becomes her companion. Taking place during the dawn in Beast's Grin Peninsula. Backdated to May 25th.

Unlike oher days, when she would normally walk, make notes about plants, or even play with her own tail, Luna felt homesick. She had been away from her mother and Ursus from more than half a year. And today all that time laid on her shoulders as a dead weigh, pushing her against the ground. Not even the smell of the wet ground rose her mood. Not even the beautyful scenery of the sea before her rose her mood. She recalled her mother telling her that it was ok if she felt sad or depressed every now and then, that nobody could be happy all the time. And she was right. Luna, normally a smiley and cheerful wolfess found herself caged behind a dull mask. Her vivid eyes where half closed as the tips of her mouth pointed downwards. Even the flowers with which she decorated her long mane seemed to absorb her mood. They had been cut not more than 3 hours ago, but they were already spoiling.

Lime green explored the coastline as chestnut-colored limbs rested over her body. Only her eyes seemed to move, looking for a distraction, something that could take her out of that mood. And as if her thoughts had been heard, a shiny object appeared in the shoreline. The wolfess' ears perked up and her nose pointed towards the twinkles that said object produced. Her curiosity shoved her gloomy state apart and pushed her body to move. She didn't bother to stand on her legs, but creeped on all fours instead. The sand was still moisty due to the morning dew which hadn't evaporated. So when she arrived to the spot where the curious object laid, her knees and her hands where covered with sand.

The wolfess didn't hesitate and unburied the object. To her surprise, it was a necklace. A pretty one. It looked as if a thread of metal had been tied until it formed something very similar to a flower with only three petals. Luna held the object in her right hand, caressing it with the other, delighted with the beauty of the necklace. It had something curious on it, something different to the other pieces of metal that she had previously felt. It felt warm for something that had passed hours, maybe days, exposed to the cold air of the beach. A smile made it's way into the woman's face, smoothing her features. She wasn't sure about what had improved her mood, but it was much better than what it had been moments ago. Perhaps having found a treasure had something to do with it.

Luna was so submerged in her thoughts that she jumped lightly at the mysterious voice that rang on her head"Hmmm....what....happened..." Her ears perked up again, her eyes wide open. Her entire body was alert. She wouldn't have been soo disturbed at a simple voice if it hadn't rang inside of her head, as if it had been a thought. But a thought wasn't her's. "the...what? who are you?" The voice now sounded clear. "Who are you?" Luna's voice came out harsher than usual. She was confused. "Hey, that was the same question that i asked you..." This time, she could feel where did the voice come from. The woman't head moved slowly to look over her right shoulder. Then, her gaze stopped upon a traslucid figure. It was a white wolfess. All her pelt, as far as Luna could see, was a pristine white color, only broken by her pink nose and her grey eyes.

Not once in her life had Luna heard, not to mention see, a ghost. She had read about them in a book or two. But to see one a few yards away from herself was another thing. If it hadn't been for it's traslucid body or for the light sway of her pelt, which swayed as if she was under the water, she would have believed that it was only another wandering wolf.

Although she was shocked, she remembered her manners. "My apologies. I am Luna, Luna Sabino. And you may be...?" Luna turned her torso towards the shape, concentrating all her attention on it. The ghost's face was unreadable due to her transparency, but it was obvious that she was thoughtful because of the way she bent her neck and half closed her eyes. "My name...I think it was something like Kali...yes! that's it!" The figure's head perked up and her eyes darted open. "My name is Kali." Her expression, although difficult to decipher, made the chestnut woman chuckle lightly. It was surprising how fast her mood changed in the last moments. But she was still somehow startled by the presence of the unnatural presence. To shrug the feeling off her body, she made talked to the figure again.

"How come you couldn't remember your own name?" The ghost's expressionless eyes looked down, in a gesture that was taken as a negative reaction to the last comment by the luperci. "NO! I-i didn't mean to hurt your feelings...i should have guessed it since you...ermmm..." "Since i am dead? yeah." The ghostly voice startled Luna, who turned her head to look at the entity. To her surprize, a small grin had appeared on the ghost's features. "There's no need to feel sorry for me. Death is death, and it can't be reversed." The woman's already astonished features seemed to astonish even more. She talked about her state as if she was talking about the weather. But she managed to compose her features before Kali talked again. "However, it gets a bit lonely, you know. Nobody could see me...until you appeared."

Luna eyed the necklace. "Perhaps this had something to do with it. And by the way, for how long has this been here?" The piece was too beautyful for not being noticed before. It was very hard to find pieces like that in places where the forest was still virgin, unless another wolf had dropped it and left. "It must have been carried by the waves until the coast...I do not remember very well when did i loose it. All i can remember is that i drowned." As the shock faded away, the dark-faced wolfess began to feel a sensation of pride. The ghost had trusted her enough to how herself and talk to her. But at the same time, she felt sorry for the creature. She hadn't suffered a pleasant death, neither had she had had a good existance after it. She had been alone. "Hey! I told you not to feel pity for me! The Luperci woman's head had dropped as she deepened her thoughts, because when she heard the other's voice, her head darted up like the other times. "How..." She tilted her head. "How did you know my thoughts?"

Kali laughed with that ghostly voice of hers and answered in the same happy tone. "Because i can read your thoughts!" The simple statement caused the green eyed woman to pout, eyes half-closed. So that's how she can talk with me. That means that i am the only one who can hear her. Oh joy. Both Luna's thoughts and Kali's laughter were interrupted by the first's growling stomach. She hadn't eaten since she had woken up that morning, and all the moping had increased her hunger. The ghost's face remained unexpressive as Luna kneeled on the sand, placing her knees in under her body. She was was about to go back to the place where she had left her stuff to collect it and leave to look for something to fill her hungry stomach. "I suppose that this is the goodbye, then." The sad tone in the ghost's voice. She turned her head towards the creature and let a maternal smile appear on her face. "You can come, of course." Then, her eyes moved to rest in the necklace, which was still held tightly in her hand. "I wonder...can I doubt that i would be useful for you anymore so...can i keep it?" When Luna rose her gaze, the specter was gone. Luna looked around her, trying to find the traslucid figure again. "I'm still here. I just need to rest...and yes, you can keep it!"

The woman smiled as her gaze turned towards the necklace. She stood up and walked towards her statchel. She picked it up and walked into the forest. As she walked further, she pondered about the recent events. She had met a ghost. A creature that not all the people could see. A creature that had accepted to follow her. Luna didn't know for how long, but she would have company for a while. An uncommon company. And as she kept the necklace in her statchel, a giggle rang in the back of her mind. That company would last a while.

table by lin
<style>
.sabinoedlunaooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.sabinoedlunacred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.sabinoedluna p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sabinoedluna b {color:#AEAD76; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #26240C; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.sabinoedluna {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#26240C; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:399px;}
.sabinoedlunainner{background-color:#736B33; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... unatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:130px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #3E3B13; width:399px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]