I close the blinds and turn away..
[html]

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... n_bot3.jpg) repeat-x scroll center bottom; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; width: 365px; margin-top: -50px;">
ooc//sometimes beginnings aren't so simple

Character Name: Genevieve Ariadne Leroux
Character Birthdate: 9 April, 2003
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Nonnissi (reg wolf) Possibly Verto.
Your e-mail: k.howard87@yahoo.com
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): AIM: thirringingerfur, MSN: born2fly46902@yahoo.com, Y!M: usquehanna9587@yahoo.com">susquehanna9587@yahoo.com
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Prior member, but I think Libri introduced me ages ago.

ic\\sometimes goodbye's the only way

Paws aching more than she'd ever thought they could, Genevieve threw herself to the ground near Insieme borders. She'd not stopped longer than she had had to since reaching shore from the island on the Manicouagan Reservoir. A shudder wracked her body at the thought of what had happened there, and a whine tore from her throat. Tipping her head back, she howled for assistance. It scared her silly to have to request help from strangers, especially considering what had just happened to her by a group of strangers.

Her request aired, the notes dying on the breeze, Gen let her mind wander. Why had those wolf-creatures used her like they did? What were they? She'd never seen anything like them before in all her life, even if that was only three years. They'd stood at least three times her height, it seemed, and they'd picked her up as though she were no heavier than a rabbit. It was scary.

Expelling a sigh, Gen resigned herself to waiting for her possible saviors, hoping she'd left Kuroshio and all others like him far behind.

[/html]
[html]

Hello! I don't think there's really anyone that hangs around here in their wolf form, but I heard that you could settle for someone in their were form?

Beppe had been standing knee-deep in the ocean when he heard the cry for help, peering down into the water to study the small fish that gathered around his feet. These ones weren't big enough to eat, but since the Insieme wolves had settled down, the boy hadn't gone hungry for very long anyways. The little minnows were simply a curiosity to him, and he watched them in a quiet sort of amusement.

The strange wolf's call caught him off guard. He was used to the peace of the beach, the steady, reliable sound of the ocean rushing to and from the shore, and the occasional caw of seabirds. For a moment he stood there, his head turned in the direction the foreign noise had come from. It was so out of place that Beppe could just as easily have passed it off as his imagination, or a gull's cry, but he decided to investigate despite his doubt.

He walked with an urgency in his step, subconsciously propelled towards the origin of the noise. Beppe hadn't really ventured this far away from the line of houses, but whatever differences there might have been went unnoticed. Spotting another wolf a few paces ahead, slumped into the sand, he sped up a little more. Nearing her, he got down to his knees in order to see her better, and crawled a bit closer. "Hello? You are alright?" the ebony boy said softly, keeping an arm's length away.

[/html]
[html]

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... n_bot3.jpg) repeat-x scroll center bottom; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; width: 365px; margin-top: -50px;">

Heh, yeah, I started to edit that but ended up just going to bed instead of waiting for the page to load.

Her sapphire streaked eyes scanning the horizon, it didn't take long for her to make out the fuzzy form of a black bipedal hurrying along towards her. Whimpering as he drew nearer, Geneveive drew herself up into a ball of fluff, tried to make herself disappear. But to her surprise, instead of tackling her or tying her up, this male knelt near her, crawled the last little distance between them, and asked, "You are alright?"

Doing a quick assessment of herself, she had to agree that, physically, "Yeah, I'm alright." But plain in her eyes was the fact that she was not well, not emotionally. Studying the boy, Gen decided to find out how and why he was how he was. She was in no position to be asking questions, but she figured she might as well query him now and get it over with. "Sir," she began, her voice faltering, then finding strength, "how are you.. I mean, why are you... How do you do that?" If she'd had hands, they'd have been wildly gesticulating at his body. She could not figure out how it was he made himself tall and two legged.

[/html]
[html]

Mmkay Smile

Kneeling in the sand, Beppe rolled back a little now that he knew the other was not in serious condition. She seemed to be caught up in a tempest inside, though, and he furrowed his brows as he watched her. Her questions confused him a little, and he stopped himself from replying, 'Good, thanks,' as she continuously corrected herself. The boy's poor English made it a little harder for him to understand what her question was getting at.

Exhaling softly, he replied, "I'm sorry, I don't understand." He didn't think he was doing anything very spectacular, and thought that maybe the girl had hit her head and was imagining something. Beppe didn't voice this thought, though, and merely waited to see if she would be able to explain to him what she meant.
[/html]
[html]

He'd not understood her. Genevieve had been hoping against hope that the male could make some sense of her babble when even she could not, but he was clearly not completely familiar with the language she spoke either. Unsure of what to do, she clutched at straws: her mother had taught her some French as a young adult as part of her culture training, and she was glad of it now, now that she might make someone understand her. "Comment pouvez-vous vous tenir sur deux jambes?" Considering a moment, she decided that even though the prospect was seriously scary, she wanted to be able to do that too. Steeling herself to the prospect of change, she took a deep breath and said, "Peux-je le faire aussi? Pouvez-vous faire me marcher sur deux jambes? "

She almost regretted asking, but she had to know if there was some way to protect herself from what had happened before. If she could stand upright, she might just feel a little better about joining a society of humanoid wolves. She waited, a tad impatiently, for him to process her questions. If he didn't know, Gen reasoned, she'd ask for his momma. Maybe.

[/html]
[html]

The boy was a little alarmed when the other switched languages, and took a moment to adapt. The boy knew English better than he knew French, but he found a lot of the time that Italian was more closely related to French than English. Beppe was often able to at least understand the other romantic language, though he wouldn't be able to speak a word. On the ship he had come over with his mother on there had been a few French crewmates, and he often overheard them speaking in a language that seemed rather elegant, though to him it didn't flow like poetry the way his own language did. Sometimes he could pick out key words, and he found again that this was the case. Perhaps this other wolf was trying to lean on the relationship between French and English, or perhaps she was better equipped to explain herself in French. If the stranger wasn't completely oblivious, surely she wouldn't mind him answering in Italian.

He had managed to pick out a few of the words; two legs, on, able... Twisting his lips to the side a little, he tried to make the most sense of the statement he could. "Si, camino sul due gambe," he started slowly, trying to cover all the bases; he was sure he hadn't understood the questions thoroughly. "I miei genitori sono licantropi, perciò posso cambiare. Ma, penso che ci siano altri modi per diventare una licantropa." Beppe squinted a little and shrugged his shoulders, trying to get a clue towards if she was understanding the Italian at all.

[/html]
[html]

Short, sorry.

Hearing his return in Italian made the female's eyes widen in alarm. Licantropi... Lycanthropy? But everyone knows that werewolves aren't real! That thought was countered by that niggling little voice of Reason in the back of her head that was saying, Obviously they are, because you were attacked by some miles from here and another is sitting in front of you. "Quelqu'un dans votre tas peut me faire un loup-garou? Ummm..." She'd just realized that he would more than likely not understand her question any more than he'd really understood of her previous queries.

Considering a moment the words he used, Genevieve poked at his language, "I become licantropa? Can your mother make me werewolf?" He might find it strange that she requested his mother specifically, but she'd not let on as of yet to what had happened. Werewolf or no, there were some situations that took a mothering, female hand. This was one of them.

[/html]
[html]

I'm going away for a week tomorrow so I'm gonna tie this up right now. I guess you should request a thread from a packmate where she asks. Smile

Because speaking in words was not working out for the two very well, Beppe was highly observant of the other's body language. When she replied in English he realized that, even if they had taken a detour, they had gotten somewhere. "I think so, perhaps," he replied, though he wasn't sure what his mother could do for her. There were ways to be changed into one of the two legged beasts; he knew this because sometimes there were born wolves that could not change, and in order to fit in they had to be treated. He had only heard rumors of how, or at least the more vulgar ones, and tried with difficulty to not think of how his mother could do it. There was, certainly, more than one way.

Surely his parents, and his packmates as well, would know better than he did. "Why don't you come in and stay for a talk, I am sure one of my friends will know the answer for your question." He smiled a little, rolling back on his heels and standing up. One in were form and one in wolf form always seemed a little awkward, but it was a short distance back to the houses, where someone would be able to enlighten the guest. "I am Beppe, by the way." The girl seemed a little shaken up, as well as confused; perhaps she needed a place to stay. Beppe was sure that the wolves of Insieme could offer at least that.

[/html]