Beginning of the Old
[html]
(Character Name: Songan Ohiteka Amara / Character Birthday: 22 October '03 / Character Gender: Male / Character Species: 100% Canis rufus rufus / Regular Wolf or Luperci: Luperci / Desired Profession Path: Craftsman / Spirit Animal: Liluye, Common Kestral / Short History: Originally from the Great Tribe like the other Amara's / Secondary Form of contact: AIM/MSN/E-mail/PM / Currently Played Characters: None) I hope you don't mind but I copied the questions from Sanuye's first post. Here we go :3 / WC: 571 (5 points)

It was a nice warm summer day as the red wolf male had begun to gather all of his things together and leave the Great Tribe. His golden eyes gazed around as he let the memories of the past sink in before going back to his items. There wasn’t much he was planning on bringing besides the tools to make his crafts. The breeze of the afternoon settled in just as Songan had finished collecting all the things he needed. A smiled crossed his face as his braids began to entangle with each other and his fur swayed, flying in the wind. The grass beneath his paws swayed and tickled his legs as he made his way over to his horse. He carefully untied the rope on its muzzle and began to lead it back to his old home. The structure that once housed his being was now going to be just another memory. His destination would lead him back towards family. His sister had seemed to be one of the latest ones to leave, so it was only fitting that he followed her to where she was going. The scent of the old began to linger in his nose as he carefully got on top of his horse and took one last look at the Great Tribe. He slowly turned his head away as he began on his journey to his new home.

It was going to take quite a bit of time for Songan to reach his newest destination, so there was no reason for him to rush on ahead. Why not take the time to work on some things along the way? Night began to roll in as the red wolf decided to stop. By now he was about half way to where he was going and he had added some new items to his collection of crafts. He gently kicked the horse so it would stop. There was not much shelter around, though it was not like it mattered. Judging from the sky, it didn’t look like it was going to rain, so it would be fine to sleep out in the open. The male carefully slid off the horse and pet it gently as he let it to go eat. They had stopped next to a river and decided to camp out under an old tree. As the chill of the night began to settle in, Songan had set up some leather and had his paints carefully set out to his side. His eyes gazed up and down as he began to paint the scene he had encountered here on the bank of the river. The horse was close by, making sure not to run off. The wolf took his bag and rested his head down as he soon fell asleep, gazing up to the stars.

About another week had passed by before Songan had finally arrived to his new home. Here laid the tribe of AniWaya. He paused as he took in all the new scents of the area, though he was sure he could pick up the scent of his family there. The sun hung high in the sky as he waited at the borders. What kind of tribe member would he be if he just invited himself into this tribe. He was sure though that once someone had picked up on his scent, the tribe leader would be here soon enough.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.maritlala {padding:15px; line-height:1.3em;}
.maritlala p {font-family:geneva, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size:1em;}
.maritlala b {font-family:tahoma;}
</style>

WC: 385

It was strange how he took such pleasure in patrolling. The painted cane was fastened behind him where he sat atop Belle, watching the world around him absent-mindedly as he - as she! - patrolled familiar paths. He did very little, in fact, other than enjoy the peace of his surroundings. It was very likely that the state of mind he was in would cause him to need a few moments to gather himself should anything unexpected happen. What a useful scout he was, who was too busy staring at all kinds of real and unreal things about him to notice they were straying from their usual path? Belle knew the paths, but she wasn't young, either. Only when a very, very familiar scent tickled his nostrils did Dawali realized she had taken him far out towards the borders in a different direction than what had been intended. He did not signal her to stop and turn around, however, because he recognized the scent of another Amara, and soon she was heading towards the source at a much higher pace.

With the sun high in the sky, Dawali's pelt shone like the burning embers of the Great Fire itself, and not far ahead he saw one who mirrored that pelt. His shorter, stockier older brother, it was! The Chief lifted a hand and held it there as he called out a greeting for the male. How he wanted to just swing down off of Belle's back to greet his brother properly! But, the leg would not allow it. Instead, he slowed Belle to a halt quite close to Songan, and beamed at his brother from up there. "Hello, Songan!" He was quite cheerful now, compared to what his mindset had been for the past days and hours. "You've followed Chitsa to come take care of us, I guess?" he joked, winking at the older male. Still, there was some truth to it in Dawali's mind. With their 'Doda gone, Songan was perhaps the closest thing to a father Dawali had. What else could have brought the male to come here? "She arrived only days ago. You were not engaged in the conflict?" It was curiosity, as much as it was his need to map out the existing information. Who had been touched by the conflict?

[/html]
[html]
I can fix up my post if I need to or if I do something wrong. / Word Count: 514 (5 points)

The sun hanging in the sky, but the day was still young and the heat had not yet set in. Songan moved over into the shade so that he was prepared for when the sun was at its highest. He carefully slid off his ride and took his satchel that carried all of his tools and began to get to work. Why not do something productive while he was waiting. A soft neigh emitted from the horse’s lips as the male sat down under the tree and looked through his bag. There were a number of things that he could make while he was waiting here, though he already had a plan on which project he was going to work on. A small bag necklace was pulled out of the satchel and laid down in his lap. It was going to be a gift, though it wasn’t finished yet. Songan searched his bag until he found some beads and began to weave them into the shape of a feather. Perhaps if his younger brother was here, he’d be able to find some little use for this. It wouldn’t make sense for him to make something that was never going to be used.

The scent of the old began to come to his nose once more and the moments passed on. Songan’s golden gaze looked up as he set hit items aside and moved out of the shade. It looked like someone had taken notice to him, but he would never expect a welcoming like this. As the figure on the horse came closer, it became clearer of who this luperci was. It was his younger brother Dawali. What a stroke of luck that family would be the first thing he found when he made contact with the AniWaya tribe.

Songan was a bit curious as to why his brother would not join him on the ground when he was greeted and wondered if something was wrong. His brother looked fine from the distance that he could see him so he was sure it wasn’t something he needed to worry about. Instead, he cloaked his slight worry with a smile. "Hello Dawali. It sure has been a while hasn’t it?" The male’s tail swayed back and forth as he nodded. "Yes I did. I worry about my family. I wish to make sure that you are all alright." He gave a small chuckle before moving to his brother’s side and turning his head up to the other male. His mind seemed to go into a trance to his brother’s question. "To be honest Dawali, the Great Tribe is not fairing very well. There have been a number of attacks and I fear something will happen." Songan moved back over to his things and began to gather them up. Since someone was here, there was no need for him to be resting anymore. He called his horse ever and got up, swinging his satchel over his shoulder. He moved once again to his brother’s side, though at his height this time.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.maritlala p {font-family:geneva, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size:1em;}
</style>

WC: 382

His brother had taken to occupying himself with his arts while waiting, and Dawali smiled as he spotted the familiar tools and results of his handiwork. It was a remnant from old, and a heavy link to his family. Still, the smile came from bitterness as well. The sight of a craftman's tools strewn on the ground around his brother only reminded him even more that it had been his father's path. Now, Songan was the oldest Amara craftsman, but looking at it from afar it could just as well have been the old 'Doda working on something, russet colors burning red below the sun. It stung and warmed him, to have this living memory right here.

Songan looked at him puzzled, and Dawali quickly realized he had not explained why he did not come down from atop Belle. Of course he would have, especially for the opportunity to embrace his brother, but things just weren't that easy anymore. Surely, Songan had begun to taste the bitterness of age by now, as well. It pained Dawali to demonstrate to his protective big brother that he had injured himself in his absence. Regardless of his age, some notions from childhood would not let go. "Too long! I'd come down to greet you, but my leg..." he trailed off, indicating with his hand where a scar from the injury was still quite visible. "We are fine though. And now I have so much family here!" Sakari, Chitsa, Songan - he was just about expecting to have the rest of them tumble across the border. So many moons missing their faces, and now they were seeking his. His smile faded as Songan continued. "Yes, I've heard... Chitsa told me of 'Doda - I just.. were there many more, who died?" he said, changing the subject about halfway in. He could not speak of it yet, but the other question was also important to him. How many felt the urge to depart from the Great Tribe - to find safety elsewhere? It broke him to think that they were not safe yet. They had not been safe for a long time, and still after moving, could they not find peace? The burdens on Chief Achak Aatu's shoulders were hardly light, and Dawali did not envy him.

[/html]
[html]
I will hint out Sanuye a bit, but she won't come back as NPC or anything til Ralla, Kemo, and I get her plot straightened out. / Word Count: 510 (5 points)

Songan paused for a moment as the memories began to flow back into his mind. He could recall the younger days with his ‘Doda and being taught to make the crafts he could make today. He remembered copying the bags he made and even showing them to his family once he had completed them. He emitted a soft sigh from his lips as the bag was nearly complete. The feather was still not completely done. The male wanted to make sure that it was completely done before giving it up. A smile crossed onto his face as he relaxed and let the memories float in his mind.

Dawali’s condition and why he was not getting off his horse was of course a concern to his older brother. It just didn’t seem like him to be like this unless something had happened to him. Songan began to scan over his brother with his golden orbs, trying to point out what injury would cause him to act in such a way. His ears pirked up as Dawali began to speak and pointed out with his hand that something had happened to his leg. A worried look crossed his face. He had to admit that with old age came a certain weakness in body, though he masked this with his worry for his family. "Just what exactly happened to your leg Dawali? I doubt this has something to do with age, and you know you can’t hide anything from me." A smile crept on his face as he waited for his brother to answer. Instead it seemed like he was trying to get away from the subject of his leg. It didn’t matter to the male, he would surely find out one way or another. He gave a short nod as he took his horse and faced his brother from the same height now. "It is nice to see the family again. I have missed you and our sister since you both left."

It was no surprise that Dawali seemed concerned about the attacks that we happening back at the Great Tribe, especially of ‘Doda. A frown appeared as he nodded. "A number of tribe members have been killed and injured from the attacks, but our healers are doing their best to help. That Sanuye she coyote that returned offered her help. She’s learning healing to help the injured. Perhaps she could help with your leg if she decides to return." He brushed his hand along his horse’s neck as Songan looked over to Dawali. He was sure this news would want him to go back to the Great Tribe and help. A thought then came to his head. "Why don’t you tell your chief you will return to help? I’m sure he won’t mind. I can return with you as well." It seemed like a good idea, though he didn’t know that he was already in the presence of his new chief. He switched his satchel to his other shoulder as he waited for an answer.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

WC: 506

Songan sat atop his own horse and Dawali signalled for Belle to start moving into the Village: Songan would surely follow. On the topic of his leg, the male merely shrugged, as if it had been nothing. In light of the Great Tribe's conflicts, it certainly felt like nothing. "It was a snowstorm. A hut collapsed on me, most our huts were leveled. We stayed in a sturdier building and I have been living there since." pausing, he thought of the events that added a more grave dimension to their experience of the storm. "We lost a member, and some good horses..." It haunted him still, though he knew he could not have saved Theodoric. Just the thought of him there, though, trapped and dying.. He shook his head. "But like I said, we are all faring better now." he concluded with a wry smile. As Songan expressed his happiness in seeing his brother again, though, Dawali smiled warmly again, nodding affectively at his older brother. It would not help Theodoric's spirit to dwell in the past. Dawali did his best to exist in the present.

Dawali nodded gravely. "This is concerning. Since learning of this from Chitsa, I have been hoping for added strength to your warriors." he said. He had consulted Gvihita, and sent a blessing and a prayer for aid and strength. At the mention of Sanuye, though, the medic's face lit up. It was good to know she arrived safe and was faring well - and he was happy she had continued (what he considered) the noblest path among the many professions. Still, he chuckled. Little did Songan know that he had developed his skills much further since his departure. "Ah, yes. Sanuye stayed here for some time - though I am quite certain it was me who would have helped her." The male tapped his scar. "I've become quite capable in the last three years." He took pride in this, and had taken to wearing the Master relic of the Ookah on occasion. If anyone was the master medic of the tribe, it was him, but come a challenger and he would gladly pass it on. It was nice, though, to claim recognition for his skills.

Songan suggested action, and this time Dawali laughed a little. Not in spite and not arrogantly, just because he couldn't help himself. Oh.. it had been a long time since he had been addressed as anything but the Chief, and Songan's manner was so... like him. Here was the big brother, suggesting he do this and that, and to "go tell the Chief"; what a treat he was in for! "Ah, I'm sorry Songan." he chuckled, not entirely certain what he was apologizing for. Perhaps the shock he was about to give his older brother. "I can't leave here. I am their Chief." Dawali studied the other for a reaction, and the laughter had left him now. It was a title he carried with great, great honor, despite its weight, and there was nothing funny about it.

[/html]
[html]
Would it be possible for Sanuye to join as an NPC healer and be in some threads with Songan? / Word Count: 558 (5 points)

Songan watched as Dawali began to lead him back towards the village. As they walked, he began to take in the scents of his new surroundings so that he knew where the borders were. The scenery was a blessing to the area, and would surely be excellent designs for the male’s newest crafts. His golden gaze moved over to his brother as he began to explain what happened to his leg. He was not aware of the huge snowstorm that had come through the area. The Great Tribe had gotten quite a bit of snow, but not enough to do so much damage. "It must have been a frightening time for the tribe. Had I of known I would have been here sooner." He began to lower his head as he heard of the loss the tribe had taken, though he was more than sure that whoever’s spirit it was was at peace. He gave a small nod as the brother wrapped up his summary. "It’s good to see that the tribe is doing so well dispite the setback and losses. They’re strong in spirit." He raised his head back up and took to Dawali’s side as they advanced into the heart of the tribe.

Dawali’s concern seemed to be rising with the news that Songan had brought back from the Great Tribe. It was still no surprise, though he was a bit worried. He did not wish to alarm his brother and think he too was in danger. Perhaps it would be better if I stop… The male’s ears moved up as his brother began to speak once more. "If it would help Dawali, I can prepare some weapons in case the tribe becomes in danger as well. I’ve been wanting to make some nice bows for a while anyways." As he waited for Dawali’s answer, the topic seemed to change the she coyote he mentioned before. Sanuye. Just hearing her name brought back the memories of his sister, and the newest ones of his new friend. "She’s a charming coyote. She spoke often of you on her return. She has become a good friend of mine and it’s nice to enjoy her company." A small smile crossed his face as Dawali continued. "You helped her? What do you mean by that?" Songan knew Sanuye had planned to return, though she stayed behind because her help was needed. He was sure she would make a fine healer under his brother’s watch.

Songan stopped, puzzled to his brother’s next reaction. He was laughing about his suggestion to return to the Great Tribe. This was no laughing matter, so there was no reason for such a response. The male folded his ears back slightly, though soon discovered the source of his amusement. He was the chief of this tribe. The older brother’s jaw almost dropped. Here he thought he would have to be taking care of his family again, though now the duty has been passed on to his younger brother seeing as he was now the chief. "Well that’s certainly a surprise Dawali. I wonder why Sanuye never mentioned this before. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for you, just a bit shocked is all." A small chuckle escaped his lips as he gave his new chief a small bow.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Sure, but I think you should make a Read-only or something of when Sanuye arrives, because since she's not mentioned here she can't join formally alongside Songan. I don't want her appearing out of thin air, either Wink Before you do any of that, though, I need you three to sort the deal with Sanuye/Kemo/Ralla. WC: 511

The brothers rode alongside one another as they spoke, the scenery slowly moving past them and changing as they covered the distance from the border. Fields gave way to fields with trees growing sparsely, and before long the gleam from the Great Fire could be seen ahead, despite the sunlight. The Chief nodded solemnly at Songan's response to the tale of the snowstorm; what else was there to do or say? His face said it all, however. Dawali knew very well that Songan would aid those in the Amara family who sought his help - and sometimes the Amaras that didn't seek his help, as well! He smiled gently at his brother's offer of making weapons. "Thank you - I don't think we need them just now, though. We are at peace with all the packs in the area, and we have allies here as well." He felt quite safe in the region, and the only enemy they had had was dead and, well.. not exactly buried, though definetely gone. "I'm sure Nayati would like his stores of hunting spears and bows filled, though!" Though Nayati was dedicated, without a good number of craftsmen the task of maintaining the stores would befall him, and it could be a handful.

The topic of Sanuye prevailed, and Dawali smiled warmly again. It was always comforting to know that a friend was safe and appreciated. "Perhaps she will return to us at some point. I could always use another apprentice." The workload of keeping the medical stores was formidable, even in winter. Songan stopped as his own little laugh escaped him, and Dawali very nearly laughed again at his puzzled face. This time, though, he managed to keep quiet, though he was smiling as his big brother gave a little bow and a chuckle. Dawali was realistic, though. He wasn't the ambitious type; of all the Amaras, he supposed his name would not have been at the top of the list, should anyone try to guess which of them would rise to such a rank. "Ayegali left and appointed me Chief." he said, attempting to offer an explanation. The Chief was not offended; he could understand his brother's surprise completely. However Songan would find now, upon his return, that his little brother had changed drastically in the time they had been apart. Maintaining authority and displaying his rank came as second nature now to the younger male, but he had no doubt that for Songan, it could take some time getting used to. However, they were nearing the Village soon enough, and there were more important things to discuss than his rank. How were his daughters? "But— why don't you stay in the Town Hall with me for your visit? I've food and I recently invented a new spice mix for the smoking pipe," he suggested, attempting to tempt the male. There were no spare huts anyway, so Songan would have to sleep in the Town Hall, or in someone else's home. But it was nice to give him the illusion of a choice.

[/html]

Welcome to AniWaya!

Hooray! Check out all of this fun stuff:

• Have a look at the Aniwaya Territories for interesting areas to explore.
  • Completing tasks in the season game offer collectibles, tables, avatars, icons, art and titles. Have a look!
  • You can collect points from your posts and trade them for various prizes, including art.
  • Remember to look into AniWaya's culture and laws!
  • Do you have a horse? Add it to the official stables overview, here.
  • Do you have a spirit guide already? Add it to our current listings, here.

Need help? Confused about AniWaya stuff? Don't hesitate to PM your questions to the AniWaya account, and we'll reply as soon as possible. If you need posting tables, avatars or sigs, you can request code and graphics in the talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor!

[html]<style type="text/css">.earth-table b{color:3F1614;}</style>
Got it. I will have her come back once I have talked to Ralla and Kemo. / Word Count: 508 (5 points)

Songan took a glance to his brother as they now began to ride side by side towards the village. He peered ahead as he noticed the flames of the Great Fire danced as they soon vanished into the air and appeared at the source. He looked over the huts and fields as they came in closer to the heart of it all. His ears moved up as he had gotten a response to his offer for making some items for the tribe. He gave a small nod to the decline, though it was soon followed by an idea. He gave a smile and nodded. "Alright then. Just let me know if you need me to make something. I’ll be sure to meet Nayati after I have settled in and made a few items so I can show him what I can make." He took note to the name that Dawali mentioned so when he came across the tribe member, he would be able to assist him if needed.

The she coyote’s name seemed to be a continuing topic. He was sure they would be able to discuss her and her coming to the tribe. "I do know that she plans to return sometime. She told me she was staying behind to help with the attacks before coming back. She’ll be staying with me when she does." It brought joy ot the old wolf to know that the she coyote would be staying with him. At least he wouldn’t be so lonely, and he could always come visit his siblings now that they were so close again. The topic then moved back to the fact that Dawali was now the chief of this tribe. "I see. Well, I am proud of you Dawali. You’ve made such a great achievement and I’m sure your tribe has done well under your leadership." It was still going to take him some time to get used to having to look up to his brother, but he was sure in time it would adjust. The look of surprise faded and was replaced with a warm and proud smile.

The village was now in sight and the Great Fire was burning brightly. He turned his gaze to the Town Hall as Dawali gave the suggestion of Songan staying with him for the visit. He turned his horse in the direction of the town hall as he nodded. "That sounds like a wonderful idea Dawali. I’d love to try this new mix you have made."Once the two brothers had arrived at the Town Hall, Songan slid gently off his horse and told it to stay here. The horse made a few noises before obeying its master and moving over towards Dawali’s horse. He waited for his brother befoe following him into the large structure. He was glad to be back with his brother and was sure he would see his sister sometime in the near future. It sure did feel much more like home being around his family once more.

[/html]

Tammi edit: darkened your bold for text. Please make sure you use readable colours! Smile Feel free to delete this note once you've read it.