Lonely stars (all welcome please join!)
Juna:

[html]

June 2nd

Juna's bright teal green eyes shone through the darkness, as he padded down an old highway. His claws clicked as they hit the cracked concrete. Vines and moss crawled out of the cracks, completely blanketing some areas of the road. He had been traveling for sometime, skirting pack territories, and feeling more alone then he ever had. His mother was dead. And where was his sister? He'd talked to so many wolves, coyotes, even jackels to try and pick up a trail. But each time he'd come up empty. Now he was just wandering aimlessly, not a glimmer of hope on the horizon. This void starless night perfectly mimicked how he felt.

The slight breeze blew the smell of salt water towards him, making his fur ruffle and feel damp. He turned of the decimated road, bounding through the forest, low branches and ferns slapping against his pelt as he ran. He burst through the thicket, emerging upon a sandy shore, with small cragged mounds of rock poking up from the sand and sea. The sound of waves crashing against the shore comforted him, and a shining crescent peeked above the cloud cover, making the ocean shimmer. He let himself fall, his tired bones sinking into the sand, as he stared out into the oblivion of the sea.

Image courtesy of Oldskooldave@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.juna-a01 p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
.juna-a01 .name { width:155px; height:35px; float:right;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.juna-a01 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.juna-a01 b {color:#F8FAFD; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.juna-a01 {background-color:#0C1E2E; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/II50i.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #425F79; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#C8DFF9; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:135px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; text-shadow:#051019 1px 1px 1px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hope you don't mind me joining <3 She's in lupus form btw :3

The ocean would always be a mystery, a great and terrible mystery to Siku. Her first encounter with it was luckily enough, not alone. She did not understand the waves, the way they grew and stretched out before they sank back into the sea. Nearly drowning the first time she set foot in the foamy waters, the white faced woman now knew to be wary of the wild and unforgiving waters. Still, though. The Dahlian was curious. Often coming back just to stare at the ocean and it's ever changing skies, the woman chose to make another appearance today. Though it was quite a travel from her home, Siku was almost avoiding staying inside the borders as of late. There was much to do, but the woman was hardly motivated to work away at the vineyards. She had promised to do so, but still had stolen away on her own once again. 'I have to stop doing this..'

White paws a blur on the ground, Siku ran fluidly but hurriedly. Almost as if the ocean would be gone if she wasn't there fast enough. This was how she often ran, though. In a rush, even when she did not know where she was going. It was how she found home. Pushing the pack out of her mind for the moment though, Siku focused on getting to the beach. Her beach. She was close, the salty smell becoming intense as she slowed a bit. The first time she came here, she had made a friend. He was her companion in the dangerous waves, and probably kept her alive that day. Since then, though, she had come across no one in her travels to the beach. One never knows though, and Siku approached the sandy shore with growing caution. She could smell something foreign- someone foreign. Friend or foe?

<style>
.moonbird-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.moonbird {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.moonbird b {color:#5c3c77; font-weight:bold;}
.moonbird {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#848488; background-image:url(http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8168/souls77.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3a3a7b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Juna had been sleeping now for about an hour, dreaming. He was running through the forest, chasing a huge buck. His muscles rippled and burned with the fury of the chase, and he leapt upon the great brown beast, digging his claws and fangs into the creatures neck. He wrestled it to the ground, snapping at its jugular. Just as the Buck stopped struggling, Juna pulled back, panting and admiring his kill. But just then, it lunged back up, standing on its hind legs and transforming into a massive wolf-creature with huge cat like claws. It snarled and lunged, slashing at him, and tearing into his pelt.

He leapt up, his breathing labored and scratchy as he stood weakly, his legs shaking. He heard a shuffling in the sand and whipped his head around, to see a white wolf-woman bounding towards her. His nightmare was seeping into reality! He stood up tall, still shaking uncontrollably, his hackles raised. He bared his teeth and snarled with as much force as he could manage.

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.juna-a01 b {color:#F8FAFD; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.juna-a01 {background-color:#0C1E2E; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/II50i.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #425F79; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#C8DFF9; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:135px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; text-shadow:#051019 1px 1px 1px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Siku should have known better than to get close to the sleeping wolf, but she was curious. He seemed to be dreaming, and a light yelp escaped Siku's maw as he suddenly moved. In an instant he was on his legs, though they seemed a bit unsteady, and the sound of his snarling caused Siku to shrink away. Round ears pressed back against her head, Siku crouched down for a moment and stared at the stranger. He was all ruffled up and angry, it seemed, but Siku could tell she was larger and possibly stronger than the male. Definitely older. Tilting her head to the side, still crouched down, Siku barked. "Hi!" Perhaps not the best response to his unfriendly greeting, the white woman didn't seem to mind. She almost smiled.

Her tail waved back and forth as she moved slowly, her ears still flat though her backside was raised as she shuffled backwards. Amusement sparkled in her eyes, though she would act accordingly if he decided to strike at her. Siku knew how to defend herself, but she didn't want to hurt him. Only say hello. "I don't want to hurt you, I was just wondering who you are. This is my beach!" Siku spoke matter of factly, a smile on her lips now. "That's a lie. I live in a pack far away. I do come here often though. Do you?" She hoped the on going questions would soothe him rather than anger or threaten him further.

<style>
.moonbird {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#848488; background-image:url(http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8168/souls77.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3a3a7b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

His fur slowley flattened, but his eyes were still suspicous. His tail flicked back and forth nervously. He knew he would be no match from the female, and why start a fight if she was friendly? I've just recently come to the area. He said, leveling his gaze.

Then he turned to study the waves. The moon had risen above the wall of charcoal clouds, and it shimmered on the sea. He thought of the fish in the sea and his mouth began to water. His stomach let out a low growl, and he flattened his ears, glancing at the white Luperci embarresdly. I-i guess i'm hungry.. he stammered.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Siku's smile grew as the younger wolf settled down, and she nodded understandingly as he explained that he was new here. "Oh. Well, I'm Siku Tanaraq but you can just call me Siku.. Where are you from? Do you have a home?" She asked this inquiringly, though she knew the answer was very likely no. As the male turned around, Siku slowly moved from her crouch to a casual sitting position. Tail still waving back and forth with a friendly swish, it stopped for a moment when Siku heard the strangers empty stomach. Frowning, Siku tilted her head to the side again before waving her tail around again.

" When is the last time you ate?" Golden eyes lowered to the male's body, which seemed a little thin in comparison to her healthy weight. Pity welled up in her chest and Siku frowned as she looked out to sea. Where did this wolf come from? Why did he smell different? As Siku's black rimmed eyes inspected the boy more and more, she began to find some strange features. His ears were differently shaped than any wolf she'd met before, and his body was too. There was wolf in him for sure, but how much? Siku wondered what he was exactly, because the young woman had never met a coyote in her life. Though she didn't know he was coyote, she didn't care either way. He looked a little different, that's all. Just like her; with her round ears and sinewy yet curvy body that was some how still petite. And so with this noted in the back of her mind, Siku wagged her tail again and waited for the boy to introduce himself. Perhaps she would offer to help him find food.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

His eyes grew sad when she asked about his home. I'm Juna. He mumbled, laying back into the cool sand. I'm actually from round here, Shattered Coast I mean. He looked around the beach, watching the waves crash against the jagged rocks. His stomach ached, and he could smell the fishy scent the waves carried.

Do you remember the thunderstorm about two moons back? He asked, turning his green eyes back to Siku. My mother and sister and I lived in a small cave, on the beach. When the storm came in we assumed we'd be fine. We'd been through plenty of storms before. But this one was big. It was..evil almost, if a storm can be evil. He sighed, and his weak body shook with the effort of recalling the horror of that night. My sister, Holo, slept nearest to the entrance. I heard her scream first. When I first opened my eyes I couldn't see anything, it was pitch black. There was water surrounding me though, and the salt was burning..burning my ears, my eyes..I couldn't speak because I was choking on it. He coughed, looking down for a moment, when he met Siku's eyes again his were panic filled. His voice cracked as he continued, I thought 'This is Hell, this is Hell, I'm dead and this will never end.' Then the tide swept us out of the den, and I could see. The lightning gave me glimpses of my terrified sister, in her Optime form, swimming against the undertow. Then I saw my mother. But it wasn't my mother. It was just a mound of soaking fur, floating there. I Swam towards her, and clamped on. We barely made it to shore, and i dragged her into the woods. It was the highest ground, and the water hadn't reached it yet.

Tears welled at Juna's eyes, but he choked them back. Then I went to get my sister. Just then there was this huge noise. Something i've never heard, nothing can compare to it. It was as if the sky was splitting itself apart. Then the light blinded me, and when i turned around there were flames every where, licking up the trees. Then the largest one cracked and toppled. That was it. That was the end of it. I ran, praying out loud, but I knew it was no good. My mother had been crushed completely by a large branch. It was the worst thing i've ever seen. He gulped. Her eyes were wide, and her mouth was wide open, like she'd screamed for me before she'd died, but I hadn't been there.. He sniffed, laying his nose in the sand and closing his eyes, trying to lock the memory back up in his mind.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

As the young wolf reacted to her question, Siku could immediately see that he probably had none. The look in his eyes made her frown, and as he told Siku he was from around Shattered Coast, she took a second to glance around. Where was the rest of his family? Her muzzle pointed back to Juna as he spoke again, and she nodded as he mentioned a thunderstorm. Dahlia had suffered from the snow storm months before, and she assumed this was something similar. Not needing to verbalize her reply, Siku rested her chin in her paws again as the younger wolf described the storm.

Siku closed her eyes for a moment, imagining the tale in her mind as he told it with lingering fear and mourning. However, as the story grew more and more serious the white woman couldn't help but stare at the boy. He was younger than her, but it sounded as if he really had been to hell and back in the time of his life. Siku's expression changed from one of curiosity and friendliness to one of sympathy and a calm horror. "This is hell, I'm dead and this will never end". Siku shuddered as he spoke the words, her active imagination painting a dark picture as he went on to explain that it only got worse. Golden eyes studied his growing distress, wishing she had some way to comfort him but instead staying as still as a statue. Some of the things he said lingered in her mind. 'But it wasn't my mother'. The sound of his voice made her whine softly, and Siku raised her head to hear him better just as his tears began to fall.

"Lightning.." Was all she could whisper, putting the story together in her mind as he struggled to continue. Siku could tell the whole tragedy traumatized the young wolf, the detail in his speech and the look in his eyes telling her that he would not soon forget the terror he survived. He seemed to live through the night again as he described his mothers death, and Siku gravely nodded in understanding as Juna nearly finished explaining. So his mother was dead, and his sister missing. The white Dahlian tried not to let her reaction change her face, though tears pooled in her eyes as Juna became silent and closed his eyes. Fire, flooding and dying relatives. Siku could not think of anything to say, knowing nothing would really comfort the boy in his grief. Instead she stood up slowly, and moved to place her face in front of his before speaking softly. "Juna, don't move for a little while. I will find you a rabbit or two, and then after you've eaten we can figure out what comes next. You're safe now, just rest." Siku backed up now, her golden eyes on the wolf as she waited for his reply. She thought it would be quicker to go and catch him something herself, but he might insist on coming along or not accepting help at all. Siku hoped he would listen, and just rest his heart and body for a short while.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Juna blinked back the tears from his eyes, shaking his head slightly as if to refuse. Thank you.. he mumbled, the words caught in his throat. His body and mind felt terribly weak, and he pressed his head back into the sand again, and watched Siku leave to hunt. He closed his eyes and wanted to scream against the pounding that had built up in his skull, beating against the back of his eyes. He sucked in deep breaths of the salt-laden air, and tried to calm himself.

He couldn't help thinking how foolish he must have seemed, belting out such an awful story to someone he'd barely met. What if hunting was merely an excuse and he'd scared Siku away? He didn't want to be alone anymore, or ever again. The past two weeks had been the worst of his life, with out his mother or sister to keep him company.

Breath Juna Breath.. He told himself silently, she's not leaving. She'll be back, and she'll have food. Maybe I won't have to be alone anymore. Another tear rolled down the side of his face and he silently prayed Siku would stay with him, at least for a while.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Siku did not look back as she walked away, only picked up speed before bounding into the trees and out of sight. Once out of sight, she glanced back to make sure he was still there. The lone wolf looked so exposed and worn down, curled up in the middle of the beach. It urged the white woman to hurry, golden eyes turning away from the beach reluctantly. She crouched down low, rounded ears pricked forward as she listened, waited. There were rabbits everywhere, though they were not the only food offered in the vicinity they were the easiest for Siku to catch in a rush. Having eaten earlier, the white Dahlian would save all that she caught for the younger wolf. Ears twitched as Siku crept forward slowly but steadily. She could hear something close by, and pressed herself as low as she could to the ground as she waited tensely. Her pure white fur would expose her easily among the green foliage and dark earth, but Siku was fast. She did not need to be that close before the rabbit discovered her. Luckily, few animals have won the game of chase against Siku, and she knew that was not about to change. Like an springed trap, Siku bolted from her hiding spot and took after the animal with calm determination.

About a half hour later, Siku trotted through the edge of the wood with pace but not as much speed as before. A rabbit and a squirrel both hung from her bloody maw, and satisfaction glinted in the predators eyes. She not only caught the rabbit she pursued, but she had also found an unsuspecting squirrel on the way back. The Dahlian had to drop the rabbit and strike the squirrel with all the speed she could muster, surprise on the small rodents side. It almost made it's way up a tree, but Siku's jaws had closed around it's tail and jerked it downward before it had the chance. After crushing its fragile skull in her teeth, Siku went back for the rabbit and started back to Juna. I hope it's enough for now, She thought to herself as she padded through the sand toward the young wolf. As golden eyes rested on the boy, Siku felt her heart soften and her pace quicken. She was eager to feed him, take care of him. She felt concern for his future, and heartache for his tragedy. As Siku drew close, she wondered what would become of them. Siku already felt protective of the boy, it was in her nature.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Juna:

[html]

The soft rustle of sand under paws woke Juna from a restless sleep. He blinked sleepily, glancing up at Siku. Her white fur glistened in the dawn light, and her muzzle was lightly stained with blood. His stomach rumbled as he caught sight of the limp prey.He stood up, his mouth watering and his tail wagging uncontrollably. He snatched the rabbit from her paws, tearing into it in a frenzy. He ripped its flesh apart, the warm, sweet blood filling his mouth and gliding down his throat. He closed his eyes in rapture as he snapped tiny bones between his jaws, and the marrow melted on his tounge. When he'd successefully demolished the rabbit, he sunk his jaws into the squirrel, tearing it to shreds quickly.

When he was finished, he turned his head to Siku, green eyes shimmering with a new warmth. Thank you! He said, his voice full of a new life. He felt revived. He shook out his pelt, and licked his jaws. Then his face fell. Are you going to leave now? He asked, sadness creeping into his voice. The sun was lifting over the sea, filtering through the gray clouds, making a warm watercolor effect on the shattered sky that broke through the dusty cloud cover. He slowly looked up, his eyes pleading. I don't want to be alone.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Siku settled on the sand to lick her paws clean, happy to see the boy eating so enthusiastically. After licking away most of the blood on her muzzle, Siku laid with her head in her paws. She listened to the sound of bones crushing and meat tearing, and was content to wait and rest as Juna ate every bit of what she brought for him. When it was silent and she felt a gaze on her, Siku opened her eyes to see a seemingly new Juna. He was cheerful, and as Siku glanced back at him she could not help but stare at his eyes. They were a wonderful green, and it made her think of Saul. A smile graced her lips, and Siku moved to stand as he thanked her.

"You're welcome, Juna." Siku spoke gently, looking down at the wolf as he shook himself. Her smile grew, and she found that she was very quickly taking a liking to the innocent that stood before her. Rounded ears flicked forward as the boy spoke again, his demeanor changed. He looked afraid. "Are you going to leave now?" The sound of his voice made Siku close her eyes, and nostalgia assaulted her senses. It seemed it wasn't too long ago that she was asking her mother that very question, thousands of miles away in the Arctic. The wind ruffled her fur, and Siku opened her eyes again to smile down at the wolf again. "Yes, I am leaving now. It is a far ways back to my pack." Her black nose pointed north as she mentally thought of her path home; the four hour run/ day long walk. I don't want to be alone. Siku closed her eyes as he spoke again, not wanting to meet his desperate gaze. It would break her heart, she knew. Now Siku crouched down low, her golden eyes trying to meet with green as she spoke with a calm seriousness. "I don't have the authority to accept you into my home anymore." Siku spoke with shame, knowing it was her own fault she was down a rank. She paused for a moment, letting this sink into the young boys mind. She could not guarantee him a home. "But my best friend, Saul. He's a doctor. I mean, he will be. I live with him, and so does a little girl. Her name is Wretch. He saved her from the ocean. He found her by the water, kind of like how I found you." Siku smiled again, and spoke faster so the poor pup wouldn't think she was leaving him behind. "If you want me to take you with me, I will. You don't have to be alone ever again." Siku declared this in such a way that it was nearly a promise, and in a way it was. Siku could never turn away from Juna now, knowing how vulnerable and lost he was.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He looked down a moment, considering all Siku was telling him. He was trying to stifle tears when it seemed she would leave him, but his heart leapt at the final promise. He turned toward her again, grinning with joy, and he pushed his muzzle forward gingerly, touching his damp black nose against Siku with shy affection. His eyes gleamed with a green reminiscent of fresh spring meadows, as he gazed at Siku. He pulled back, hopping up a bit on his back legs.

Thank you Siku! You'll never know how much this means to me. If your pack accepts me I'll be loyal to you for however long I live! He barked, turning on his heels toward the north. He pointed his nose into the air, his tail sticking up as he sniffed the wind. Then thoughtfully, What pack do you live in? He asked, beginning to trot in the direction she had pointed out.

<style>
</style>[/html]