...as I tremble.
[html]

Teo stops by for a visit, in hopes of finding someone that can help him out with his rank-related animal care skills. Later into the morning, nearing noon. AniWaya borders. Also, Word Of The Day Post: Intestable.

Desperate to get away from everything, and despite his still healing wounds, Matteo had decided to continue working as an Anzu. He was a Trovato, and if there was anything he'd learned from his father, it was to spite the woes in favor of getting the job done. He'd packed up and headed out early in the morning, before anyone else was awake yet. Fearing for her safety, he'd grabbed Carissa aswell, his pace swift as he moved from Anathema to AniWaya, though a limp was evident in every stride.

As he approached the borders, he ran over in his head what he'd done last time. Alaki.... had howled. Howling. Matteo had never howled before. Not since he was a young, young child, anyway. So the idea of howling was as foreign to him as anything else in this area was. He stood dumbly at the borders for a moment, shifting his weight between either foot as he clicked in thought and out of nervous habit.

Well, Carissa, we're going back to work now. This time Alaki's not here to help, though... He murmured to the ever-growing raccoon that sat nimbly on his good shoulder (the other had a rather nasty gash that was still healing). It should be easy enough, right? I'm a luperci! I'm a canine, and thus, I howl naturally, right? The brown ball of fur on his shoulder chirped her response reassuringly. Right. Here goes then. He sucked in a deep breath and tried his first real howl.

The feeling was electric.

He felt the vibrations in his chest at first, then the soft hum of it spreading through to his shoulders, throat and down to his stomach. It felt great, really, and the sound wasn't half bad either. He was no wolf, his voice mangled by the dog and coyote in him, but the sound carried smoothly all the same, meaningless to most. It had meaning to him though, as intestable as he was to it. He'd never howled before, not with any meaning or effort, and so, he was not one to judge his own... music.

As the sound died away into the late-morning air, Teo sat back to marvel over it. He glanced over to Carissa on his shoulder, the poor fluffball now rigid. ...sorry, love. He'd mumble with a slight hint of amusement, scratching her under the chin. His smile never came, despite the thrill he felt, but at least he felt better then he had earlier that morning. Carissa calmed down, seeming to understand this fact.

All there was left to do was wait.

<style type="text/css">
.Matteofreebe01 b {font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; color:#8b7e36; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.Matteofreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; text-align:right;}
.Matteofreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Matteofreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #745e25; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Matteofreebe01-border1 {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.Matteofreebe01-line1 {width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #504f30; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
XD couldnt resist Big Grin

The man was kind of anxious for it was not long now until he was scheduled to go on his trip and leave his daughter behind for the first time in both of their lives. She had never been out of his company for more than a few hours before and it was by her own choice, the Austral man did not make her stay with him, such were his thoughts as he patrolled close to the borders of Aniwaya searching for anyone who may need assistance or running off. Earthen ears perked as a mixed howl came to them, it didn't sound all wolf but with some others mixed in with it as well but he did not ponder much on this and instead made his way swiftly to the newcomer.

As tall as he was he did try not to appear threatening to those who did not come to try and harm them but instead to trade or join or whatever but it could not be helped that he was extremely large and appeared quite scary. It did not take him long to appear at the place of whoever it was that wanted Aniwaya's attention. He approached slowly but cautiously,

This is AniWaya and I am Leon Austral, what can I help you with?"
[html]

Failpost. ;-;

He didn't wait long, thankfully. The brown male that came to greet him announced the usual greeting and despite how closed up the hybrid boy had become, Teo nodded respectfully. I'm Matteo Trovato, from Anathema. I've stopped by to ask someone from your pack if they could help me out. I've recently been assigned the Anzu rank in my own pack and I need to learn a few things about animal care. He felt his nerves bunching together in his throat, much to his dismay. As he spoke, that buzz from the howl faded, leaving him nervous again. Is there any chance you know someone who wouldn't mind showing me the ropes?

It felt weird. Teo wasn't as used to pack life as some of his 'mates, but he was even more unused to asking other packs for help regarding something like this. Liev was the only other Anzu in the pack and considering the fact that Liev and Alaki were... on good terms, it would've been a bit odd going to him for help. He'd been by AniWaya once before, but nothing was really accomplished past socializing. Still, this was the place to be if anyone knew anything about animal care... right?

<style type="text/css">
.Matteofreebe01 b {font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; color:#8b7e36; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.Matteofreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; text-align:right;}
.Matteofreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #745e25; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Matteofreebe01-line1 {width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #504f30; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
León cocked his head to the side slightly as the small male before him spoke, from Anathema? Wasn't that like several days walk from AniWaya, a small frown came to his muzzle as he tried to work out the distance in his mind. He nodded amicable as the white male, Matteo explained why he had come all this way. Anzu? The word confused him until the boy mentioned something about animal care and 'hmm'ed' in understanding, he had moved into an adult rank or one that required more knowledge from him than he possessed and had come to AniWaya for help.

The man was not quick to react to the boys words, his speech was slow and each word thought out carefully because he knew sometimes people had trouble understanding his accent especially when he spoke quickly, his English sentencing not as good as it would have been in Spanish.

"You are in need of an Elan Soquili then, a horse friend. As it happens I am one of them, I look after the horses and other grazers. If you want I can show you the stables and teach you some stuff." He gestured for the boy to climb over the fence surrounding AniWaya, an invite from a member. The earth and chocolate man was confident he could take care of Matteo if he proved to just be a trouble maker instead of who he said he was and why he was here. But given the boy's actions León didn't think he would give him cause to worry.
[html]

Failpost x2 D:

When Leon mentioned he himself was an Elan Soquili (Teo had remembered that to be the same as Anzu back in Anathema, from his previous visit) the albino's face had lit up noticably. I won't have to wait or come back later. Thank God. He nodded and moved up to the fence, talking as he (ever so carefully and just a bit slowly) climbed his way into AniWaya territory, wincing on occasion when his wounds gave out sharp pains of protest to his actions. That would be great, actually. Last time I came, there were no Elan Soquili around to help. He seemed to have no trouble pronouncing the word, surprisingly enough.

He slipped down onto the grass again once over the fence, pausing to check a particular healing set of gashes on his hip. No blood. Hopefully they won't reopen during the visit... He glanced up with a smile to Leon once sure his cuts were not bleeding again. I know a few of the basics from visiting the stables back at the caves, but I've never had to actually take care of horses and the like before.

As if it were her cue, Carissa made a vibrant chirping noise. Teo chuckled a bit, scratching her cheek. This is victim number one of my practice jobs, actually. This is Carissa, my own personal pain in the tail. The teasing was kept light and friendly and that seemed just fine with the raccoon as she nibbled gently on his claw. If it weren't for her, I'd have never become an Anzu... a Shepherd.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]