The Crowded House
[html]

Y hello there! :3 (Nootau: Visible)

At first, when Ayasha had come home the other day saying how she had met Chief Dawali's brother, Ralla had been flabbergasted. First Chitsa, and now another? All of the Amaras were coming! Not that it was necessarily a bad thing at all, only she could not deny the curiosity of the familial background of the chief. He had always been a kindly father figure to her--wise, caring, just--and she had secretly wondered where his roots had come from. Well, she was certainly being given ample chance. But what she really wanted was to commission the man (for Ayasha had spoken in detail about him, including his profession as a Gatlvska) for a sort of...project, she had going. Not the observatory--since it was blessedly set up and only needed to be furnished--but for the living quarters of the family hut. More than anything, she was deluding herself from the recent disappearance of Kemo. He had gone not that long ago, and she knew that she was only denying the truth, but...it was very hard for her to believe that he was 'gone' gone. Nope; she chose to believe that he was out of the territory for some business. Perhaps she had been too busy and forgotten to tell her? She had often gone on long trips through the neutral territories before their mateship; it had not been uncommon for her absence of four days. Still... Ralla was in such denial that she did not dare consult the stars or Nootau for anything, and blocked all her dreams and visions. She was too afraid.

As she walked to the Town Hall, Nootau flying at a leisurely pace above her, Ralla schooled her features into that of calm composure, stroking the golden feather in her mane to smoothness and then playing with the beads on her necklaces to ease her anxiety. It wouldn't do for her first meeting with the chief's brother to be marred by such worries. "Hello?" she called gently into the structure, tapping a few times on the frame. Nootau alighted on a wooden rack that was used for drying fish, being the ever-patient spirit guide. He knew of her worries, and openly disapproved of her ignorance to discover the truth. Just another day, she kept telling him. But it had already been three days of that. Back to the present, there was a chance that the man was not there--she didn't even know what he looked like aside from Amara-like--but it was the first place that came to mind. "Is there someone named Songan here?"

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]
[html]
Liluye is also visible / Word Count: 504 (5 points)

The morning sun beamed into the opening of the old wolf’s home as he woke and began to raise his body up off the pelts he had laying on the ground. He gave a small yawn before sitting up and brushing out his mess of a hair. The dew sat on the grass outside as he peered outside. It was still early and he would have plenty of time to work a bit before heading out and doing his duties. As he waited for the sun to move further into the sky, he pulled his bow over and continued to work on carving the bird on the top of his bow. It was coming along nicely since he had gotten help from Ayasha in the carving department. Soon he would have to begin carving out the rest of the bow. He had a good idea of what his bow was going to look like when it was finished. He wanted to have the bird flying along the bow with some feathers attached to it. As he continued his work, he noticed that he was getting low on the wood he needed and he would still need some for the bow he planned to make for Saxif. Songan placed his bow aside as he got up and made his way out of his home, calling for Rain. The horse was downstream a ways getting a drink of water. As she heard her master’s call, she raced over to him and stopped at his side. The male smiled as he moved to her side and hopped up onto her back. He carefully turned her towards the village. He was sure he would be able to find some broken logs around near the borders. He brushed Rain gently as they began to head towards the village.

The sun hung high in the sky as Songan and Rain entered into the village. Liluye appeared before the male and flew in front of him. His golden gaze followed the spirit guide as she began to fly towards the Town Hall. Songan never failed at following the kestrel and began to head towards the Town Hall. As he came closer, he noticed a white figure heading inside. The bird flew around and landed on the old wolf’s shoulder as he slid off Rain and told her to stay. He began to make his way up the stairs as he came closer to the figure. It was another white she wolf. He emitted a soft sigh as he continued up. How many white wolves does this tribe have? The male did noticed the owl that she had with her. This must have been an older wolf. It seemed that the she wolf was actually looking for him. He didn’t recall meeting her before, but who was he to turn someone down? "Looking for me? I’m sorry to say that I don’t actually live here with my brother and sister. I live a bit of a ways outside the village."

[/html]
[html]

Ralla nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard a voice pipe up from behind her instead of from within the Town Hall. Nootau, calm as ever, didn't react other than a sagely blink, as if the spirit knew what was going to happen. Which, in all likelihood, he did. Putting a hand over her heart, Ralla took a deep breath as she rearranged her features to match that of a friendly face, her previous persona having been shattered by her fright. "Oh, you must be Songan, then," she said, although this was almost pointing out the obvious. "It's a pleasure to meet you; my name is Ralla." Ralla had never heard of a handshake or anything of the sort, so she bowed her head in polite respect, which was what she had grown up with.

The man was a little taller than her, but also older. The kestrel on his shoulder garnered most of Ralla's attention, if not for the sheer fact that she was quite graceful. A habit that the white wolfess could not seem to shake was her fascination with all things shiny, broken, and beautiful. Not to say that they had to be all three in one, but the bird certainly fit two of the three categories. Clearing her throat from the short lapse of silence, Ralla returned her attention to the man. "My daughter has told me much about you, it's a shame that we have not met beforehand. I've been rather...busy as of late, I regret. But the painting you made is quite lovely," she complimented the man, referring to the leather-work that Ayasha had so proudly displayed as a gift from the man. "In fact, I came wondering if you would make something for me? I'm afraid all I can give you in return are furs and perhaps hand-written stories, which are not much for practical use." Ever since J'adore had taught Ralla proper script, she had been writing non-stop in her free hours to chronicle the tales of AniWaya and any other story she had heard, including songs and poems. The wealth of knowledge within her head had poured onto the paper, and now quite a few scrolls were beginning to pile up on a shelf in the observatory, along with two stacks of un-bound papers. With her schedule as of late, she might have to send one of the scouts out to procure more paper from Cercatori d'Arte! But this also made her nervous, ever since Shiloh's rape... How horrible that had been; it had set her blood to the temperature of ice. Shiloh remained undecided in her decision, and they could not take action of any sort until there was a cry for justice from the offended. Of course, the warning had already been set up to the warriors and scouts about any strange men, and Ralla had strongly warned Ayasha from the border. "But what I really need is to save space in my hut. I have three little pups who'll be sharing a sleeping space for quite some time--so I only need one--but it would be something like a hammock? Forgive me if I'm not making much sense," she said as she used her hands animatedly, as if they could convey what her words could not. "It would be fairly large--large enough for a grown lupus wolf to sleep in so that it would still hold use in the future--and I would like to be able to hang it from three poles--sort of like a hammock?" This would require that she add another support pole to the inside of her hut, since she could use the two already in there to buttress it, but it would be worth it to conserve space. Although Kemo was missing for the moment and there was still plenty of room, Ralla would not clutter the space anymore if she could help it.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]
Word Count: 508 (5 points)

Songan paused as he came to the Town Hall and began to make is way there and towards the she wolf. He did not mean to scare her by coming up from behind her and speaking. He watched her turn and place her hand over her heart. He gave her a worried smile as he watched her actions. He felt a bit bad for spooking her. "My apologizes miss. I did not mean to scare you." The white wolf then began to introduce herself as Ralla. He gave her a warm smile as he nodded gently. "It’s a pleasure to meet you Ralla. I am indeed Songan Amara." He gently crossed his arms as he stood just inside the Town Hall by her. He wondered why the she wolf was looking for her. His golden gaze looked to her as she gave him a small bow. There was no need for her to do that, but he didn’t say anything against it.

Songan began to look over the features of the she wolf as he waited for her to say something. She was pure white with some odd markings and accessories. He began to think back to Ayasha and the description that was given to him about her mother. Could this have been her? He was right. Ralla began to mention how her daughter had told the white wolf about her. He smiled at the mention to the painting that he gave to her. "Ah you must be Ayasha’s mother. She’s a very sweet girl. She even taught me a bit of carving. I’m glad you like the painting I gave her." His ears moved as she then asked if he would be able to make something for her. He didn’t mind if he didn’t get anything in return, though he was sure the furs would come in handy for some later projects down the road. He gave her a nod and then relaxed as he waited to see what she wanted him to make for her. It seemed she needed something for her other pups and Ayasha’s siblings. It would make sense with so many pups in one house. He thought for a moment. "Hmm, yes I could do that, but I need to make sure I get what you’re saying." He made his way outside and to a patch of dirt. He carefully took his knife and began to draw out 3 hammocks on top of each other. "Do you mean something like this for your pups? Each of them getting their own hammock?" As he waited for her to answer, he put his knife back in the holster on his leg. He was sure he had enough leather to do the task that Ralla wanted, though he began to ponder ways he might have been able to make them better and more comfortable. He wondered if he would be able to add a padding of fur on the inside of each hammock so that the pups would be comfortable.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for late/shortness >_>

Ralla smiled vibrantly at the compliment given to her daughter, nodding along with him. "Thank you," she said in response, "We really do love it. I hope she didn't cause you any trouble?" It was more of an etiquette question than one of true worry, although Ralla did sometimes wonder and worry about if Ayasha bothered some of the tribe members. They all seemed to love her, though, so she was not terrible concerned at all.

Listening and watching intently to Songan as he made the drawing, Ralla shook her head a little regretfully. "Ah, sorry, no. I would like just one large one, for all three of them to sleep in until they're bigger. That way, one can keep it when they're large enough and I can make beds on other spaces of the floor. If I tried to hang three in the hut, it'd be more of a maze than it is already," she said with a chuckle, covering her mouth demurely. Yes, what with all her knick-knacks and oddities, plus her old hammock that Ayasha used now, and the sleeping space that she used. Not to mention the shelves and various things hanging from the ceiling and wall--which, while thinking of it, she would have to relocate some of those so that they wouldn't pose a safety issue... Suddenly curious, Ralla turned her head to face Songan. "I haven't asked yet, but how do you like it here? Rather, how does it compare to the main AniWayan tribe?"The white wolfess was always curious as to what others thought of their tribe after visiting, if not because it gave her an inner sense of pride for just living there. The pack lands were beautiful, and everywhere was like visiting it for the first time, even if she knew the paths to and fro like the backs of her hands.

<style>
.rallasface .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rallasface p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rallasface b {color:#441e39; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fdSxN.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ce4b03; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[html]
No problem / Word Count: 507 (5 points)

Songan watched as the white wolf nodded with him and to his compliment about her daughter. She really was a very nice wolf and hoped he would be able to see her again once his companion returned to AniWaya. He shook his head as she seemed a bit concerned that Ayasha might have caused him some trouble. "Not at all. It was nice to have her around for some company." The male could see the slight look of worry in Ralla’s face. He was sure there was nothing for her to worry about. The young she wolf was just a curious one and sure she would mature with her age. He gave the mother a nice warm smile, hoping it would make her look of worry fade.

Songan’s ears and golden orbs moved back up to the she wolf as she corrected him on what she wanted from him. She wanted to have one big one instead of three separate ones. He smiled as he scratched the back of his head. He cleared the design he had before and then draw out one big one with three pups inside of it. "I see, so more like this then right?" he paused for a moment to give her a chance to answer. "Since it’s just one, it won’t take me that long to make this, though I have a bow to make for Saxif, so it might be a bit of a wait. Is that alright?" The rust wolf then looked down at the drawing in the dirt and then back up to the white wolf. "About how big do you want it to be? I know it’s going to need to be big enough for all your pups, but there should be a bit of extra area so that they could move around." He would ask her about adding on details after he got the sizes right for this project.

The male moved his gaze up to the white wolf as she asked how he was doing in AniWaya, or rather how it was compared to the other AniWaya? He paused for a moment and then relaxed, sitting now on his rear. "Are you referring to the Great Tribe? " He waited for her to answer before continuing. "Both places are wonderful. While the Great Tribe does have more members, it is nice to be back with my family. I am proud of my brother for what he has accomplished." A sense of pride began to fill the old wolf’s mind as he relaxed and moved his fingers through the grass. He closed his eyes as he turned his head up to the sky, taking in the summer warmth. "It’s nice and peaceful here Ralla. I’m glad I made the journey here from the Great Tribe." He then turned his golden orbs back to the she wolf and rested his arms over his legs. His tail swayed gently back and forth as he waited for her to respond.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the fail-post. Thanks for your participation in this thread ^^

"The wait is no trouble," Ralla assured the man as she continued to barter with him about her inquisition. "I would do this myself, but I am not terribly skilled in leather work nor do I have the time recently. I can fully understand." Recently, all the white wolfess could worry about were her duties and the pups; much else was not possible. The scrolls in the observatory were filling in nicely, and Chitsa was filling out to be a fine Gata Hineyu--which she shouldn't have worried about in the first place, since the woman was a fire tender in the Great Tribe before coming to AniWaya. "If it could be about the normal size for one wolf? Once they are fully grown, I can let one keep the leather sling and move the other two to some beds on the floor. Practicality, as my father would've put it."

The older wolf seemed to enter a state of peace as he visibly relaxed, seeming to take in the surrounding nature and sighing with the breeze. Such a state was hard to come by in their busy village, although Ralla tended to pride herself on her ability to connect with nature. She would try to ingrain this into her children, and they would somehow learn it and perhaps find the same peace she found when communing with the spirits. "I'm happy to hear that. After the snow storm, we're just getting back on our feet again, but...it's the best," she said simply. How else could she say what she felt without repeating the man? Despite all the other beautiful places and lovely wolves she had seen and met, AniWaya would always be for her. It's green field and forests gave her sanctuary, it's culture and tribe a home. A family.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]
Feel free to archive now if you wish / Word Count: 507 (5 points)

Songan was glad to see that the she wolf wouldn’t mind waiting on him in getting her project done. It would be an easy thing to get done, so he would begin shortly after he was finished with the bow. He didn’t like to get side tracked and wanted to get his work done. He would only have some down time when there was nothing for him to work on. He smiled to the she wolf as she began to explain that she would do it herself, though she didn’t know that much about leather working. He smiled to her as he didn’t mind doing the work for her. Each wolf had their own talents and crafts were his. She then began to ask if he would be able to make it the size of just one wolf. He thought for a moment and then nodded. ”Sure I can do that. It won’t be too much trouble for me to make it bigger if that’s what you want.” He smiled to the white she wolf as he then stood and put his knife away.

Songan was still in a relaxed mood and would remain so for the whole time. He wanted to make friends with the she wolf who helped out his brother in leadership. He began to brush his fingers through his hair as he stood there. He enjoyed spending some time outside in nature with the she wolf. It was nice to be outside of his home for once and would love to stay here longer, though he had work to do. He was sure he would be able to stay for a little longer, though he would have to return home soon. Ralla began to speak once more and was glad to see he was happy. She too spoke of the snow storm and the tribe’s work to getting things back to the way they were. He gave her a small nod. ”Yes my brother mentioned the snow storm when I first arrived. I’m glad to see the tribe is thriving after something like that.” He was proud to see how much work his brother had done for this tribe.

The red wolf’s eyes gazed up as he looked to the sky. It looked like it was getting later in the day and he would like to get back to his home to begin working on his crafts. He gave another smile to the she wolf. ”I should return home. I have things to do. Please feel free to stop by any time. My home is near the creek.” He moved back over to his companion and got up onto her back. ”I hope to see you around the tribe Ralla.” He tipped his head in respect to her before heading back to his home. He turned his golden gaze back forward as he gently kicked Rain’s side. The wolf and the horse then began to head back to the side of the creek where his home resided.

[/html]