Could it be?
[html]

ooc... Wheeeee!

Was it even worth thinking about how much had happened since the fay woman last set paw in this territory? No. Orin reminded herself. No, it was not worth thinking about. Still she couldn't banish the toxic thoughts from her mind – attack, blood, murder, rape, identity, darkness, fear... terror... terror... Damning thoughts. Her family would never be complete. She would never be whole again. Something was taken from her that would never grow back. Damn the scar on her arm, what had been done to her body, the false appearance, the lies, the hiding. It was all something she could live through. The one thing the Takekuro girl could not survive, though, was the murder of Demetrius, her son. Not alone, anyway.

A soft yip at her side brought Orin back to her senses, and her wheat-gold eyes turned to gaze down at the white and silvery-gray pup that sat by her side. The girl stared up at her distant mother, pink tongue lolling out of the side her her mouth in anticipation. No, I could never have done it alone, Orin though as she knelt down to hug her daughter, only to have the creamsicle girl nose under her arm a moment later. The girls had survived the ordeal; there was no reason why she shouldn't. And though Orin put few of her problems onto her daughters, they somehow knew how to bring her out of it every time.

“Now, you two need to be on your best behavior,” she said in the traditional, motherly way, holding Juliet back as she tried to steal the hug. Orin did her best to embrace both excited daughters equally.

The two began to talk, both at the same time, but their mother's deft fingers snatched the twin muzzles. “Ah ah ah. None of that right now. I told you little imps already; they don't know we're coming so we need not startle them. We'll find your uncle soon enough.” Orin waited a moment, and then released the snouts, her only response was a couple of emphatic nods.

“That's good. Now, it's raining, and we can't see far, so you two stick with me. We'll eat dinner soon,” she promised as she stood back up to her full height (which, honestly, was not very tall) and started moving down the path again. She did not know where her brother lived anymore, but she knew she and her daughters had made it to the Court. Fate would do the rest.

[/html]
[html]

OOC/WC

He’d not been home for only a day and Jiva had gotten into trouble again. And on the crappiest of days. He grumbled to himself, at least Maggie wasn’t this troublesome, she was always out of the way but he tended to know where she was, now he was having trouble finding his son. Grumbling he let Marahute perch inside while he went after the boy. Amaranth had went to visit someone.... or was out, it was just him and Jiva, Niro insisted she went and had some time to herself.

“Jiva!! Where are you!?”

Though, unbeknowest by him, the pup was actually behind him stalking him, with the rain and his worry for the boy he had not noticed him at all. His search brought him further into the territory, not sure of where he could have gone in all this rain. Everything was wet and muddy, and he had no clue as to where to start. There was no scent, it was all washed away by now and so was any paw prints either. He was worried to death.

<style type="text/css">
.niro-gift b {font-weight:bold; color:#0f0f1e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.niro-gift .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.niro-gift p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.niro-gift {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6086af; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/FYhGD.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#cedce7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table made by Sorin[/html]
[html]

ooc...

She should follow protocol, she knew, and pause at the borders and let a howl sing, notifying the pack of her presence and awaiting a greeting from a pack representative, but it was one thing she just could not do. The small, white wolfess was working to overcome a lot, but howling to tip a stranger off to her location was one thing she could not force of her small body. So into the Court she and her pups went, trekking over the loamy, damp forest floor in search of their kin. Often the girls got excited and ran ahead of her, but she would quickly call them back to her side. Though they were still so young, they were surprisingly obedient. Orin was too afraid to be raising girls who would not listen. Later in life they would surely be a nightmare, wandering off as children do. Yet for now, they hardly questioned her authority.

The dense forest thinned, and soon they moved through widely spaced trees. This place was more like an orchard than a forest, but Orin noticed no fruit. Not for a while, anyway, but eventually her eyes noticed a small, green-red orb among one of the trees.

“Girls, wait up a moment,” she said, spying the apple. Stepping under the branch, she tiptoed to reach it, but her fingers would not quite touch the smooth skin.

Just then, twin squeals broke the silence. Terror tore through Orin, zipping up her spine like lightening. She jerked, her footpaws slipping on the wet ground, but managed to keep her balance. Amidst splashing puddles her pups were quickly retreating in the distance. “Girls! Wait!” She shouted in fear and began to run after them, when suddenly the words the girls were saying began to make sense.

“Chicken head! Chicken head!” They chanted in unison. Orin stopped abruptly, eyes narrowing to peer through the gray drizzle that rained down on them. A smile cracked her muzzle as she watched two muddy, clucking children leap at an unsuspecting gray back.

[/html]
[html]

OOC/WC

Jiva had saw them first, the pups, two girls at that, came rushing towards Niro. He was having too much fun, but it all changed slightly but for the better when they leaped on Niro’s back. Niro jumped and fell face first in the mud. The grey wolf was now more brown than anything. Jiva couldn’t let the girls have all the excitement, and he jumped on Niro too.

“Gotcha daddy!”

Niro was in an absolute stunned state of mind. There wasn’t the one pair of feet on him, no... there were three pairs, there were other pups on him. His shock only lasted so long, figuring it was one of the children from around the court and he spread out his arms

“Oh you got me! How will I ever hunt again?”

He moaned, playing with the pups. He was happy to at least know his son was with him, though the pup would get a reprimand when he got home, but he would not really do that in front of Alaine’s or even Princess’ children.

<style type="text/css">
.niro-gift .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.niro-gift {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6086af; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/FYhGD.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#cedce7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[html]

ooc... Reeeeunited and it feeels so goood!

Part of her wanted to revert back to her old ways. She yearned to lunge forward, speed along with the pups and join the dog-pile. In fact, she was quite proud of just how much of her urged her to be reckless and leap onto her unsuspecting brother once again. Yet something held her back, and it was more than just the motherly worry that she might jump right on the pile and crush one of her little darlings.

Still, this was the first genuine smile that Orin felt in a long time. It pulled the corners of her mouth and even reflected in the sparkle of her eyes, a luster that was dulled but still lurked somewhere, just beneath the surface. It wound only take one prince, one hero, one adventure, to polish it up again. And before her was something so beautiful, something she never thought she would see again. A vision of pure hope...

She dueled with herself for a moment, half wanting to joing the fray, the other half wanting to stand there and enjoy this sight for eternity. But finally something set her in motion; and she was pretty sure it was the thought of just how sopping wet and muddy her pups were getting. Oh, motherhood, what a way to ruin the fun. Still, she had visions of trying to wash her light-toned and impatient daughters of the mud; visions that were not pretty.

Footpaws sloshing in the mud, Orin walked through the drizzle until she was near the churning mound of fur and slop. Despite the rain that leaked down on her from the clouds and the trees, the woman still had several brown splotches all over her body. She was not as muddy as her offspring; these were the remnants of the disguise she had worn to hide from the world. The roots of her hair were grown out a couple inches, though, exposing the white fur underneath, and the rain collected in her tresses, sticking them together in a vague mockery of the hairstyle she once wore.

“I have taught them well, don't you think?” She laughed, her voice barely cutting over the clucking, yipping, and random high-pitched words. Titania had a mouthful of her uncle's muddy fur; Juliet lunged for a tail but missed and nipped close to Jiva, an action that looked like it might set off a good tussle. “That's Titania,” she motioned, “and the one trying to eat that pup is Juliet.”

The fun was infectious, and although Orin could not break free and join the play, she did manage to scoop a handful of mud and slosh the watery ball towards her brother. Oh well, her daughters were as soaked as they were going to be by now.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Niro is a derp!!

Niro evaded whatever attacks he could feel the puppies doing, though not a very good job as he was on his belly and they were on his back. Everything ceased for him when that familiar voice rang through his ears. Was he imagining it? He didn’t move for fear he would hurt the pups, but then she spoke again introducing the pups, which weren’t the ones he thought they were after all. Then a big glob of mud came straight at his head as he turned to see the woman he had been looking for for over a month now, the ball of mud obscured his vision and he was shaking his head and rubbing it on his shoulder to get it off. Jiva was now off his father’s back, engaging in play with the other puppy he thought had nipped him. He was not a rough puppy, and he was smaller than even the smallest of Orin’s litter, only because he was still young.

“Orin? Is it really you?”

he finally said turning around after finally wiping the mud out of his eye. Her greetings had always been the same so there was no doubt it was her as he never really knew anyone to throw snowballs and mudballs as a hello.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[html]

A hearty laugh pierced through the haze of play as she watched her mud ball land right on target. Looks like she still had her aim! For a brief moment, a strange thought skittered through her head... I wonder if that could be useful... but it was forgotten almost as quickly as it had come. A thing to be pondered another time.

Almost feeling bad for her brother, covered in puppies and mud as he was, she knelt down beside him and wiped some of the mud from his face before plucking the squirming Titania from his back. The pup wriggled with excitement and slipped out of Orin's hands, but only had a few inches fall. She landed unscathed and immediately joined with her sister and the new pup, not even introducing herself before trying to gang up on the smaller boy.

“Yeah, it's me,” she said, turning her gaze from her daughters once she knew they were alright. “Mostly, anyway. And these are your nieces. Who's that?” She asked as she waved to the pup. She almost felt sorry for the boy, going up against the two older girls. Once again, almost...

“I can't believe they found you before I did,” Orin mused. “I told them what to call you but I didn't really expect them to remember. They catch on fast... faster than you expect!” She glanced from the pups to her brother, and the jovial expression melted from her countenance as the reality of the moment really began to sink in. She was here... with Niro... just like before. Just like before.

“How have you been, my brother? I've missed you.” With that, she could not hold back any longer, and lunged forward despite the sopping ground, throwing her weight into him, wrapping her arms around his shoulder. It was hard to tell if the gentle trembling of her shoulders were sobs of heartache or sobs of joy.

[/html]
[html]

OOC/WC

Niro seemed to be in a trance, especially when he saw what had happened to his sister. No wonder no one had seen a pink haired woman, she was gone, and now stood this strange brown splotched twin. He blinked wordlessly, though that didn’t last long as she mentioned his nieces. he looked at the two girls, who had ganged up on Jiva, and he did feel sorry for his boy pup. He was a strong little thing, for his age, but they were quite a bit older than him THat mattered little, though they had months to grow, there would be the years that would show off their spectacular height.

“That’s my son Jiva. He was our only survivor of our first litterl.”

He said slightly reserved. He wasn’t sure he should believe she was home, but the hug made it all real for him The second he felt her shaking he wrapped his arms around his sister and softened his words, though tears could have been running down his face, it was hard to tell with the mud and the rain.

“You should have come to me sister, I would have kept you safe. You know that.”

His voice sounded hurt, almost betrayed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[html]

She didn't really like the way he looked at her. What was behind that emerald gaze? Was it anger? Disdain? Resentment? It was impossible to tell. She had been disconnected for too long, and apart from Niro for too long. Could that really happen? Could she and her brother have actually grown apart?

But it all changed when they embraced. She felt his tense muscles relax as he dropped his guard and everything fell into place for the Takekuro children... though neither were children any more. There were too many changes, too many hardships and too much tragedy for them to ever be thought of as children again. This was not only evident by Orin's dramatic and sudden change, but Niro's words and his recent past as well. So, he had lost children too. Did that mean that, in some way, he understood?

For some reason, knowing Niro already knew some of what happened to her did not soothe her like she thought it would. Instead, she tensed in his arms, and pulled back from the hug to look into his eyes. There was something in his voice – a note of anger? No, but some sort of disappointment, she was certain. For a moment she did not know what to say, her voice literally failing her when she tried to speak. She glanced at the playing children for a moment, and when she turned back to Niro she had found her voice.

“How much do you know?” She barely croaked out the words. There was more she wanted to say, but she didn't know where to begin. Hardly a living soul knew everything that had transpired, and Orin intended to keep it that way.

[/html]
[html]

WC:358 OOC: RAWR!! <3

He had missed her more than he was upset with her, and soon, though she didn’t answer his question, it didn’t matter anymore. She was here now. She was safe, and so were his nieces. He knew about his nephew but he would not ever bring that up. He knew how much of a sore spot it was talking about his girls who were only stillborn, but from what stories have said, she ahd been there when her son was murdered. She’d seen it; he didn’t want to bring those memories back. He gave a hurt smile at her question.

“I know enough, I am just glad you are home safe, I have extra room in my cave. Maggie has moved out so you can use her room.”

He was determined to have her stay, not forever, he knew he could never keep his sister to stay in one spot long, but he wanted her to become her old self again. He wanted to see that spark in her eye, the pink florescent colors in her hair. He missed her old look. He wanted the Orin he grew up with back, but he knew in some way she had finally grown up.

“Amaranth may be able to help you too. She’s been training with her uncle, learning self defense. Maybe she could teach you and your girls some, well maybe when they’re older.. though it looks like they are pretty good at it all right now.”

He chuckled as he looked down seeing that both girls had his boy on his back, trying to defend himself from their play attacks. It was good for him, Niro knew, and he wasn’t going to stop the play now. His son didn’t always get to play the way he wanted, most of the time he spent his days near the beach with his mother, while Niro had gone out looking for Orin. He was still having a hard time believing that she was there, alive and well, and his niees were playing with his son. It seemed all too surreal to him

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[html]

Enough? Just how much was 'enough'? Of course everyone would have known about Demetrius, but did they speculate on what else Argul may have done? Sometimes people made assumptions, and she wanted to know if some dark myth sprang up from all of that. But if they had assumed more happened to her than it did they would not have been totally wrong; Argul had only done so much, but another monster had done more. She assumed this was her secret, but suddenly wondered how likely that devil was to brag about his conquests. The thought made her tense, and she shrank away from Niro.

She clutched her hands to her elbows, shuddering for a moment and hoping it would pass for a chill. After all, she was sopping wet; the rain had almost even penetrated her thick Tundra undercoat. Almost.

Feeling like she had to add something more, she eked out, “I didn't really know what I was doing. I'm sorry I didn't come to you. I just had to get away. He threatened-” her voice grew strained and hollow “-to hurt the girls if I didn't go. The Court was just too close to Cercatori. He'd have found me.”

Her eyes receded for a moment, focusing on nothing as the memory enveloped her, but before she had time to delve into the dark thoughts she managed to cling to Niro's words. Her eyes returned to her brother's face, the welling terror abated. “We would love that,” some of the strength returned to her voice. She breathed deeply, steadying herself. This really was a welcome offer and made her heart lurch with happiness. “I've picked up a few tricks over the last couple months, but I can't stress how much better I'd feel with some more formal training. The girls...” she glanced to the daughters, who were working together to take down their 'prey'. One distracted Jiva while the other crept up behind him. “...they're smart, and they listen well, for now. I've taught them a few things – mostly how to hide and stay quiet when they need to. They'll make good little pupils too. I've no problem starting them now, though, before they learn to talk back.

“But do you think Vigilante would let us stay for a while?” She wrung her fingers together, uncertain. She was a former member of the pack and, as far as she knew, was still in good standing with the Court. Yet she was no longer a member of some allied pack. She was just some lone wolf for now. “Or did you mean for me to rejoin the Court?”

[/html]
[html]

WC: 500 Big Grin OOC: Woot, yeah its long and crummy but hey i hope ya still lub meeee

Niro did not know all that he thought he did, he knew of the boy’s death and that Argul would have killed her other pups if she hadn’t run but that was it.. If he had known of the other, he would be in a rage, he would tear through the lands looking for the disgusting animal, but as he didn’t know and he would leave everything open for Orin to speak about. She did somewhat, letting him know why she did not come to him and he knew she had been utterly scared, not for herself, but for her children.

“It’s ok, you’re safe now. He’s gone, your leader Skye told me after, someone had killed him and brought.... the other leader his head.”

Niro couldn’t say the man’s name, he still didn’t forgive him for taking Orin, as well as her innocence and giving her puppies which he could not protect, or probably wouldn’t protect. He smiled at his sister, happy she would at least stay for a little while. Then he could have Amaranth give her some lessons in self defense, which would easily make her more self confident. It looked like she needed it back, she was so deminished with out it. He remembered her so young that she would just walk up to random wolves,. thinking they might be her prince charming. In a way he wanted that Orin back, but he might not get that, though he wanted her to be self aware, and ready to go back out before she left him again. She asked the question he was sure she would ask and she seemed very uncertain. Oh how much he wanted her to rejoin his pack, and live with them again.

“You know how much that would mean to me, but you are not just my sister any more, you are your own person with her own pups. I will not make you stay in a place you do not want to. Vigilante said you were always welcome here, and I don’t think that’s changed since the last time we have spoke of you. Maybe if you want you can give him a visit, he would be very happy to know you are alive. Most everyone around was told that you had disappeared, I wanted to find you. My home is always welcome if you ever need it. You’re my sister and I can never turn you out. I wish I could have been the one to take that man between my hands and wrung his neck myself.”

He said, his last words were with venom, though randomly said as he felt the anger inside him, and how much he wished she had come to him first. He had personally been attacked by her own attacker, and felt that he should have chased the man down when he had the chance. He knew she had always been oblivious to him and what he had done for her in the past. He had killed for her many times, though she did not know it. He would not voluntarily tell her either. He would probably take that to the grave knowing only one other person knew this little secret.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[html]

ooc: We can either keep going and have them go find food, or wrap it up, whichever you prefer.

IC

Orin nodded slowly, processing what Niro said. Yes, she was safe now. At least, safe from the threat of Argul. “I know... he... was killed. I didn't know the Cercatori leaders know he is dead.” She specifically dodged calling them 'her' leaders. “By happenstance it was a woman of Phoenix Valley, where I was staying, who slayed him. She came by the church shortly after. She still had... it.” Niro would understand. She meant that the woman, Jace, was still brandishing her well earned trophy; Argul's head. But referencing it in any more detail than that would bring the memories to the forefront again. Not that the thought of the fiend's disembodied head was a bad one, but it would remind her of the face that haunted her in her nightmares every night.

“So I know he is no danger anymore, but that doesn't make us safe from others,” she sighed. “If someone like that could have so easily walked into my home... my safe haven... what's going to stop others just like him?” She stared at Niro in desperation, her eyes thirsting for hope. Something deep inside of her screamed for her old self, too. For a self that could frolic in fairy tails and walk blind to the madness of the world. But she and Niro both knew that Orin was never coming back.

She fell silent and her eyes dropped to the ground, though she was clearly still listening to Niro as he went on. She laced her fingers together and wrung her hands, staring at them the whole time. “Honestly I don't know what I'm going to do. Since you'll have me, I'd love to stay with you while I figure it out. I don't know if I belong here... and I don't know if I can go back to d'Arte. I don't even know if I can face them, or be back in that place. Part of me feels like I have to though. My daughters... I can't keep lying to them. They already think their name is Moonsong-” she stopped abruptly, her eyes jerking to Niro. What would he think? Would he be angry with her for not teaching the girls of their true heritage? Not that either of them knew much about their lineage, but to some it might still be an insult.

“I had to. I couldn't have anybody following the name...” she tried to explain quickly, but something told her that Niro understood, so she dropped it unless he decided to press further.

It was a good thing she stopped, too, for it gave her time to let the sincerity of Niro's words sink in. She wiped at misty eyes again, though the drizzle made the gesture obsolete. This time the welling tears were not of sadness or pain, though. A somber yet genuine smile tugged at the corners of her mouth, and she met her brother's eyes. “Thank you, brother. Would you come with me to speak to him?”

Just then, one muddy girl that she vaguely recognized as Juliet appeared at her feet, yipping. “Mommy! Mommy! I'm so hungryyyyy!”

Orin turned helplessly back to Niro, laughing softly, “Well, can we get them something to eat, and then go see Vigilante?”

[/html]
[html]

WC:429 OOC: We can go on, if you want or we can have another thread. :3

Niro listened to his sister as she explained that she knew Argul was dead, but she was scared of others like him. He bit his lip knowing her eyes have finally been open to the real world.

“Sister... There have always been wolves like that...”

He sighed thinking she should finally know about her own murderous brother, only to protect her though. He laid his ears back, hoping she could forgive him.

“You remember when we were in the southern lands? All those wolves that tried to hurt us? There were some who were.... persistent... You never knew about them, but they were there, and I had to protect you with my life, and the only way i could do that was to make sure they never came back.”

He looked down and put his hand on his decorated ear, feeling sorrow that he had to kill because of wolves like Argul. He had to protect his sister, and if she were with him.... he’d have done his best to protect his nephew as well.

“The only thing we can do about anybody like them.... is to learn to defend outselves....”

Niro still hated himself for letting Argul get away, though the man had attacked him Niro wouldn’t kill unless necessary. He didn’t know how necessary it was to kill that wolf that day and he wished he had. She spoke of her living arrangments and smiled a bit, happy he would have his sister back for a while, and to be able to get to know his nieces. He knew her precautions as to why they had thought they had a different surname.

“Then tell them what it’s like to be a Takekuro. Let them know everything we know about what our family is like.”

He smiled when she mentioned going to Vigilante, Niro nodded, glad the king had gotten over his anger with him over Jiva. He nodded, but he heard her daughter speaking about food and he couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Yes I think it best we eat first, and poor Jiva needs a little recovering from their scuffle. They are tough little girls.”

Niro said, grinning down at the three muddy pups. He looked at his sister and nodded, beckoning her to follow him to his cave home.

“I have a small cache that holds some fresh meat, I think we can whip something up for the pups and you as well.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>