The best Kind of pie
[html]

OOC: Well, here it isssss if you don't think you can reply just let me know I can easily change it.

It had been a few days since Eclipse had joined Crimson Dreams and so far she was enjoying it. Today was a rather gloomy day, and it had rained earlier. Now was the best time for her specialty though. She wondered if Anu would like it, or any one really. She found herself outside the mansion right next to the best pile of mud. Already she was soaked to the bone, dirty, muddy, and patchy. Her paws were putting together the perfect pie. There was even a special surprise inside that she had found while digging up the soil. She looked at her muddy masterpiece and smiled. She knew it was not edible, but how was anyone else to know she knew this? And to see the reactions on peoples faces... it was priceless to her. She kept admiring the piece, though keeping her eye out on any unsuspecting guests that might come through and want to try her pie. She even had a nice little name for it. Her tail wagged as she waited, patiently, as though she was a snake ready to pounce on a little unsuspecting mouse.

<style type="text/css">
.mudpie-a02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#77d9f7;}
.mudpie-a02 ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px;}
.mudpie-a02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.mudpie-a02 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#313433; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/157c6iw.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 20px 0px 500px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:12px; color:#f8f7f2; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

{WC:253} Big Grin

After a few days of sticking around the northwestern end of the territory, Rook decided it was about time to find out what lay on the eastern side of Crimson Dreams’ airy countryside. He had spent the last few hours hiding out in one of the handful of tunnels that made up Skip Caves and now that the rain had finally let up, the opportunity for exploration beckoned him out to play. Within hours of hiking and dilly-dallying across the lush green terrain and shallow mud depressions, his eyes eventually spotted a large manor in the distance. He smiled, wondering what type of personalities he would meet once he drew closer. The premises looked as though it could easily house a dozen residents or perhaps even more.

Shifting his messenger bag so that it lightly beat against his hip as he walked, he sprinted on over as fast as his two legs could take him. He eyed the front porch quietly, admiring it for a moment before a subtle movement caught his eye not too far from it. There, by an indentation of mud, sat a light brown pup, seemingly occupied in guarding something. Rook waved to her before calling out in salutation, “Hello.” He approached her cautiously, in case she didn’t want him too close, and stopped just within a good distance to normally talk to her without raising his voice or yelling.

His attention went to the collection of earth before her, making him perk his ears forward curiously.“Whatcha got th-there?”

<style type="text/css">
.Rk-plain b {font-weight:bold; color:#669900; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Rk-plain .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Rk-plain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Rk-plain {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFF; background-image:url(https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-kwX2 ... Rk-Sil.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 10px 0px 135px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

This stuff goes here.

A hah! Unsuspecting guest number one! The girl had seen the man before he had seen her, though as muddy as she was, who could blame him? Her tail started wagging furiously, and it seemed as though she was wiggling her butt rather than her tail. She stood up tall still hiding her masterpiece. She had to wait for the right moment for the reveal

“Hullo, I’m Eclipse!”

She announced then swurving her body around so that the pie was in front she nosed it for a second.

“I made something really special, it’s my Soiled Pie!”

She was much more proud of the name than she was of the pie, but that was here nor there. She was trying to sell him.

“It’s a very special pie, made from the gracious dirt that you stand on. I’ve made it especially for a really nice person. Are you a nice person?”

She asked widening one eye to look at him, the other closed slightly as to make it so the other could see even better. She didn’t wait for him to answer

“Of course you are! So how about it, do you want to try the best pie ever created?”

<style type="text/css">
.mudpie-a02 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#313433; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/157c6iw.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 20px 0px 500px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:12px; color:#f8f7f2; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

{WC: 246}

Eclipse… Cute. The coyote managed to grin and quietly stepped forward to kneel down next to the mud pit the pup had made as her playground. She moved to reveal a gathered clump of sludge and stated that she had made something special, a Soiled Pie to be exact. Rook’s brow quirked as the other rose suspiciously. He had never heard of a Soiled Pie before.

She explained that she had made it for a really nice person but before he could even think of whether or not he was, she answered for him and asked if he would like to try her masterpiece. His forehead smoothed out and his brows relaxed. “Sure,” he stated. “Let’s ‘ave a taste then.” He settled down on the ground now, the grass blades tickling the sides of his furred calves as he stretched them out before him.

After sitting close to Eclipse he noticed now that she was absolutely soaked. He had actually thought her fur naturally clumped up in spikes… “You been out here all afternoon?” he asked curiously, wondering now if perhaps someone had been keeping an eye on her from within the manor.

<style type="text/css">
.Rk-plain .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Rk-plain {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFF; background-image:url(https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-kwX2 ... Rk-Sil.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 10px 0px 135px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

This stuff goes here.

His acceptance of eating the pie slightly shocked her, but she wanted to see how far he would actually get to eating it. It was only mud after all, and she could tell from experience it didn’t taste all that great, but it was fun to shape things the way they needed to go, expecially with her little paws, though she wished she could change, so she would have an easier time making things much better looking, but for now she just had her feet. She watched as he sat down and gave a look over her. Yes she was muddy and soaked, but she didn’t mind. She nodded when he asked if she had been here all afternoon.

“Yeah it takes a long time to make a pie. I think it takes two long, but when i have hands my pies can be made faster I know it!”

She blurted out. She then remembered he had not told her his name, and wagged her tail a little

“What’s your name?”

She asked hoping to be able to call him something Hopefully it was as easy as Anu’s name, she knew that some people had really big hard and confusing names, he probably wouldn’t, she hoped.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

{WC:325} Sorryyy, life almost swallowed me alive for a bit.

So she had been outside all along. The youth told him it took a while to make a mud pie as exquisite as this one before her. Rook simply grinned, pretending to brandish an imaginary spoon (or fork) from his cargo pocket. With a dexterous hand and a few showy movements of his wrist, he scooped the “invisible” object into the mud pie then lifted it to his muzzle as she asked him his name. “Mmm,” he sounded, hoping that little Eclipse would be convinced that she had just proven that she had created the best Soiled Pie ever. The silvery, black-tipped tail wagged lightly behind him.

He then pretended to swallow the bite of earthy dessert he had just tasted. “I’m Rook,” he offered, still smiling amiably. His name was simple as it was, without a last name or any prefixes. He liked that, and hopefully she did too… perhaps maybe enough that she would consider him one of her friends. There had always been something about puppies he had liked and adored. In his trek across the country, he discovered that a pup’s charm was absolutely irresistible; wherever he went – through towns or the wide-open countryside fields – youngsters always seemed to be friendly and willing to offer him directions or advice. Eclipse, here, was no different and it was thoroughly apparent she had struck a rather good chord with him. “Eclipse…” he stated after a moment, looking from her creation to the small spikes atop her rust-hued head. “Is anyone looking after you?”

The manor, he was quick to note, had a few large windows on each of its sides and the thought of someone looking out from within had never really settled since he spotted the grand estate. His eyes went to the building and up to one of the windowsills before returning to his young companion. He just wanted to make sure she was safe to be outside on her own.

<style type="text/css">
.Rk-plain {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFF; background-image:url(https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-kwX2 ... Rk-Sil.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 10px 0px 135px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 000 :: OOC: Sorry it's so short, I'll find a way to make it up!!!

She was glad the man was smart. He pretended to eat the pie. If he really did eat the pie she would have thought there was something really strange about him. She smiled and nodded a puppy nod of approval. She beamed at him when he gave his name to her, and she repeated it, letting it roll off her tongue, but when he asked about who was taking care of her she stopped short.

“Anu makes sure i eat, but I can take care of myself.”

She said rather defiantly. she was her own wolf now and didn’t have to listen to mommies and daddies anymore, rthough she hadn’t really caught anything big enough to satisfy her needs, she could hunt, and in time she would be able to take care of herself in no time, so she would be independent from now on.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

{WC:232}

“That was the most exquisite soiled pie I’ve ever tasted,” he quietly added before she piped up. The name of Anu was brought up and he gave Eclipse a slow nod in return. “Oh,” he stated, smiling gently. “I see.” He tried, for a moment to remember how he was at Eclipse’s age, about 18 months or so. Had he been as independent as she was? Probably, but he couldn’t truly recall being as such. He just remembered being with his Uncle all the time, learning as much as he could about plants, trees, and skills he would need as a full-fledged adult.

Her ability to be self-sufficient at her age made him form a sort of reverence for her. Sure, he had met other puppies before her, but none of them seemed to be as headstrong or as self-reliant as she was. “That’s good,” he eventually said. “I jus’… heh… I just wanted to be sure.” With a thumb he gestured towards the manor, “For a bit I was thinking someone might come rushing out and start scolding you for talking to stranger or somethin’ like that.” A sheepish grin started to replace his kind smile, “Didn’t want to get you in any trouble or anything ‘s all; but that’s good… I’m glad to know that.” He then chuckled, “When I was your age, I had to be supervised… a lot.”

<style type="text/css">
.Rk-plain {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFF; background-image:url(https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-kwX2 ... Rk-Sil.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 10px 0px 135px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}</style>[/html]
Eclipse beamed with pride as he complimented her "cooking". He was a really nice guy but she would still keep up her guard. She didn't want to make friends and find he would be off in a short time. No that would be disastrous to her and the thought brought the image of her father turning his back on her. She bit back a cringe and smiled at his words though she tilted her head when he spoke about being chased away.

" But you're not a stranger are you? You are a part of the pack right? You smell like the pack, why would anyone chase you off?"

She asked confused as to why anyone would do that to a pack mate, to her though she kept herself emotionally distant from the pack herself, she knew that a pack was a family, and he had been accepted into it, so why would he worry about being chased off? Then a mischievous smile ran across her face

"Did you try to take a lot of adventures? I did, my cousin got upset with me once and brought me home, but I was able to get away. I been adventuring since!"

She said proudly, holding herself up as tall as any pup could. She was a hunter, though she had only killed small rodents, enough that she wouldn't starve to death, but not enough to fill her up and she'd lasted on that for half a month. Now she was recovered pretty much but not the pudgy pup she had once been.
[html]

{WC:304}

The auburn youth chimed back in reply, questioning him about his allegiance and association with the pack. “N-no, I hope not,” he answered the first part of her query. “But I’ve only been around for a couple of days. I guess I’m just still kinda wary ‘round here.” He recalled his first day on pack soil, about how he hadn’t used his nose to realize he had accidentally trespassed onto a pack territory, and how he had found himself at the edge of McNamara’s Landing. “I’ve yet to see another coyote,” he added softly. “I don’t know, really… but I just like to be careful… being with a mostly-wolf ‘family.’ Their traditions and conventions are usually different.”

When Eclipse gave him an impish smile and asked him about his adventures, he chuckled; his bottlebrush-like tail also wagged when she proudly stated that she had evaded the possibility of being caught again. She also shared that her cousin had brought her home after one of her supposed escapades. “Oh, yeah,” he smiled. “For the most part anyway. I didn’t embark on an adventure until about a year ago but I’ve seen large rivers and lakes, forgotten human towns, dark and mysterious forests, and even other pack lands – ones that hang skulls on their borders, ones who make their homes around towering mountains and cliffsides, and ones who use art to decorate major landmarks.” He animatedly used his arms and clawed fingers to indicate how large the things he had encountered were: cupping his hands before holding them out to illustrate a vast lake, clasping his palms together and arching his digits into something like a fanged skull, and raising his elbows to spark the image of a tall tree adorned with colorful markings. He grinned, “Have you seen anything grand or awesome in your adventures?”

<style type="text/css">
OOC: Sadly I think it's nearing time to wrap up unless you want them to do something else.

The man seemed to carefully select his words as he explained to Eclipse about his thoughts on the pack. She wasn't sure if it was the best excuse though, but she would keep quiet. Normally it was in her best interest to say something back, but for now she was more interested in hearing his stories of adventures, which he seemed to happily indulge on her. She had listened to him intently and smiled, at his question she shrugged

"I had a big fluffy lady take me in, she didn't have a tail and her ears were strange, but she was different. I have been around and found a lot of cool things, but I liked where I was born better, I like staying around here. And this pack has lots of cool things, old huuman stuff."

She said, saying human wrong, it was hard to know exactly how to word it, and she didn't care, they were a thing of the past, if they were dumb enough to die, it was their own fault. It was the wolve's turn to live.