In the Sun
[html]

Set at Tallermein's Cottage, midday. Sorry this isn't a great starting post :x 300+

It was a lovely day in Crimson Dreams and the pack's Medicus had decided to take a leisurely walk around the territory. Her satchel was hung across her body, her healing supplies stored safely within, but she was not out in the search of plants and herbs today. This warm day she only wanted to go out and appreciate the territory for its sights and not worry about work for once. Cambria spent so much time on her duties as a healer that she could afford to spend one afternoon just having a nice time. Her sea green eyes were always on the lookout for the various plants that she used regularly to help her patients, and if she saw some surely she would pick them. Someone such a she could never fully put down the garb of a medicine woman. That was why she never went anywhere anymore without her bag of supplies; one never knew when they would find a person in need.

Her cream socked feet had walked around the norther edge of the lake heading west until she caught sight of the small cottage where once a great barn had stood. Whenever she came upon this particular landmark she couldn't help the shudder that ran up her spine. She had almost lost her life in that barn not long ago, and so had her aunt while trying to rescue her. It was a dark memory, but the new residents of the rebuilt structure had earned a soft place in the Marino's heart. As she approached she reached into her satchel and pulled out a handful of grain that she had brought with her. Almost immediately a trio of goats were upon her and she knelt down as they greedily ate from her hands. The cocoa fey giggled lightly as she felt their tongues clean her hands of the grain. The goats were silly little creatures, but Cambria found enjoyment in their company.

<style type="text/css">
.yellowbfly b {font-weight:bold; color:#F5DB87; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #61383C; }
.yellowbfly-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.yellowbfly p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.yellowbfly {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#D2B474; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lowfly.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #F6EDC5; padding: 10px 0px 285px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#F2E5C0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

{WC: 269} <3 Thank you for kick-starting our thread.

Having departed from the Manor after deciding that he wouldn’t live in one of the open rooms just yet, Rook ambled his way back towards McNamara’s Landing. He adjusted the strap of his messenger bag on his shoulder for a moment then continued on his way with his hands in his cargo shorts pockets. After some time, he came across another building, one that seemed to be somewhat tilted on its foundation. He strode towards it quietly, wanting to inspect it up close. Walking around to see if the doors were open, his ears took in the sounds of bleating and a soft peal of laughter.

Rook peered around the corner of the building, meeting the sight of a group of goats huddled around a chocolate-pelted woman. He withdrew his head then casually strolled around the structure, a warm smile fixed upon his muzzle. “H-Hi,” he called out to her genially. He wanted to ask her a question or say something witty to break the ice, but his string of words got caught at the back of his throat. Hopefully a simple greeting was enough.

It wasn’t like him to say ‘hello’ first but for some reason he felt taking the chance would pay off. Perhaps he would find himself a new friend on his steadily growing list of acquaintances. His eyes went to the trio of hoofed mammals at her feet before he looked back up at her. “’S this where the cool kids hang out?” he then asked; it was pretty lame for an attempted joke, but maybe he could get another sliver of laughter from her.

<style type="text/css">
.Rk-plain b {font-weight:bold; color:#669900; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Rk-plain .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Rk-plain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Rk-plain {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFF; background-image:url(https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-UL7C ... -plain.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 10px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

So sorry for the wait! Been a busy month

No one really knew where the goats had come from, or why they had chosen the mismatched cottage as their home, but it also didn't bother anyone. The animals mostly kept to themselves unless you brought food around and then they were your best friends for a few minutes. Oddly they seemed very unperturbed by the canine inhabitants that surrounded their home. Most animals that could be considered prey were wary of wolves, even the horses could be quite nervous of someone they didn't know. There was a kind of gruffness about the goats, as if they thought they were the top dogs around here. It was amusing to Cambria, who was large and yet more timid than any of the small hooved creatures.

Her focus was so completely on the goats that she didn't hear anyone else approaching until the muttered greeting broke through the air. Sea foam eyes widened in surprise and her head snapped to look over at the strange man. Even though she couldn't imagine any intruder could get so far into Crimson Dreams undetected and unopposed, she had never seen this coyote before and her defenses were immediately up. Cream-tipped ears folded back against her head and her body seemed to shrink as if she were trying to hide among the goats. The little joke went unnoticed as she continued to stare at him nervously. "Wh-Who are y-you?" Even though he did not seem intimidating or mean, she had had too many bad experiences to be at ease.

<style type="text/css">
.yellowbfly b {font-weight:bold; color:#F5DB87; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #61383C; }
.yellowbfly-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.yellowbfly {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#D2B474; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lowfly.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #F6EDC5; padding: 10px 0px 285px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#F2E5C0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

{WC: 269} Not a prob’, whew… I had a busy June too. :o

Rook had never been near a horse, a cow, or any sort of domesticated farm animal up close before, so when he discovered one of his pack mates being flocked by goats, he was taken a bit by surprise. His smile never left his face, even after he startled the girl. Oops… Her reaction of seemingly trying to meld into the huddle of hoofed creatures actually made him feel bad and he immediately reacted accordingly. His own ears lowered and he tried to offer her a more genial smile.

“I-I’m so… sssorry,” he hastily apologized, knowing now just exactly how others felt when they unintentionally frightened or surprised him. “I’m Rook,” he then proffered. He grimaced a bit and clasped his hands together in hopes that the information he shared would comfort her even just slightly. Being the first to extend the beginnings of what hopefully would be a lasting friendship was a skill he had yet to master. From how she addressed him, he realized he still had yet to hone his social skills.

The coyote tapped his padded digits together as he thought of what to say to put her at ease. “I… I just got here a few days ago,” he started, “a-and… and I thought I’d take a look ‘round. I actually ‘avent been out this way before and Ehno mentioned a lake… so… I wanted to see if there was any plants I could collect.” He slowly raised his ears as he explained how he had wandered to the Cottage, wondering if she would listen since she had missed his little light-hearted joke entirely.

<style type="text/css">
.Rk-plain b {font-weight:bold; color:#669900; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Rk-plain .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Rk-plain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Rk-plain {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFF; background-image:url(https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-UL7C ... -plain.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 10px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

*beats her muse into submission*

Cambria was a timid wolf and could be easily unnerved in the presence of strangers. Usually she got to know new members—at least by sight—when they moved into the manor. This one she had not seen nor smelled within the walls of the great house that proved a home to most of the pack's members, which explained her frightened reaction to his unexpected presence. Immediately he seemed to feel bad for startling her though and he spoke in stuttered syllables just as she had. This put her a bit more at ease, but she remained silent for a time. She would need confirmation of his place within the pack before she could let her guard down.

It was finally the mention of her uncle that made the tension melt from the Marino's lithe form and a small smile finally pushed the fright away from her face. "Oh! I see. Sorry, I didn't know that you were a member, that's why I was so frightened..." The Medicus straightened herself up a little, though she remained seated among the goats. "I am Cambria Marino, it's nice to meet you Rook." One hand absentmindedly scratched a kid behind his little horns as she looked up at the mottled male. "You collect plants? Are you a healer?" As one of the healers of the pack beside her sister, Cambria was always interested in learning more about plants and herbs that could be used as medicines. Was this coyote in the same line of work as she?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]