M. Censored
[html]
WARNING This thread contains: strong language, drug usage, strong violence, or strong sexual content starting with the 1st post. Reader discretion is advised.
[/html]

[html]

She had run out of her white powder, the one thing that had been able to keep her going through her sleepless nights and drowsy days. Naniko could run the pack without it and function without it, but she didn't want to unless she had to. She missed the feeling that she got whenever she was on the stuff; happy. Without it, pack duties and day to day member issues weighed her down harshly. She was able to manage the pack and get things done...but she was almost a different wolf. Irritable, easy to anger or snap at someone.

What she wouldn't do for something to make her feel better. She was able to care less about missing cocaine through the use of marijuana that grew naturally throughout 'Souls, but it didn't give her the same amazing high. It did get her somewhere and she enjoyed smoking it...but the feeling was different. It was better than nothing, though, so she took advantage of it when she could get her hands on some of it. Her travels had led her to the city; there were a few plants along the outskirts of the town that she had wanted to check. Soon they'd be ready.

Naniko was just turning back to head toward Anathema when she noticed the sun, though. Time had passed more quickly than she had anticipated, and the day's travels had made her weary. With a quick pivot she headed in the opposite direction, Halifax's cracked streets stretching out invitingly before her. She'd spent the night in the city often enough to not be afraid of it any longer. There were canines everywhere, and she had rarely encountered them in the city in the past.

The female wore nothing on this day to protect her from the elements, a weapons-belt being the only thing strapped around her tall figure. It didn't look like she would be needing any protection from the rain on this night. A few stars were twinkling brightly above as she walked, a couple of small clouds near the horizon line being the only sign of precipitation overhead. It would be a nice, relatively cool night. Her long, white braid hung behind her as she walked on two feet, claws clicking on the pavement.

There was no detectable movement in the city on this night besides the swaying of the wind through the decaying landscape. That wind brought a familiar scent to her nostrils, one that made her turn her head in the direction from which it originated. Crimson Dreams. Was Ehno here in the city? Hoping to remain undercover for now but sticking out like a sore thumb due to her pale pelt, the ghostly luperci stalked down the street that the scent indicated.

There was some kind of a structure up ahead that smelled very much like the Dreams pack, and she neared it slowly. A flickering light through a few cracks confirmed her thoughts. Someone was indeed inside. There didn't seem to be any windows on the place, and she listened outside for a few moments, pressing her ear up to the door. She was getting up to go around to the other side of the building when she thought heard something, though, something very nearby. Naniko jumped a bit, startled, her foot knocking against the door in her haste to get a little farther away from the structure and hide.

<style>
.AnaFK-07 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.AnaFK-07 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.AnaFK-07 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-07 {background-color:#abb092; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... s/rawr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:294px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-07-border {width:498px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

Barrett didn't consider marijuana to be anything less than the prefect drug, a preference made abundantly clear as he popped his head out to investigate a light rap he'd heard at the door. A thick cloud billowed out from behind him and for all the smoke hanging about the garage's interior in a haze, the flickering flames seemed to reflect off the air itself. It took his senses a second to orient—his eyes to the pale light cast by the waxing moon, his nose to the fresh air—but soon he beheld a large, ghastly figure nearby. A female he did not recognise, whom hailed from a pack with which he was also unfamiliar... hmm, could word of his little enterprise be spreading already?

After a moment's pause, his baritone cut tentatively through the darkness: “What's good?” Perhaps, mingled amongst the overpowering stench of his herb, she would catch the stinging scent of alcohol on his breath. He'd only broken into the latter recently; it was a celebratory thing. At last, he'd finished writing the note to his mother—he'd even gotten halfway through another to Anselm before the muscles in his hand screamed for no more! and he surrendered to the capricious nature of his intoxicant of choice, opting to address other random things around the garage instead. He'd actually made decent progress: the garage was the cleanest it had been in months, maybe years.

The chocolate yearling usually couldn't care less about presentation, but he supposed women were sometimes appreciative of such things. “Wanna come in?” he invited, only a skip and a beat after his initial salutation. He stood to one side—looking perhaps a little proud—so she could peer in and behold how orderly and inviting the place looked for a change. The table was cleared, with all the tools he'd left laying around back in their chest; the larger instruments cluttering up the work bench were shelved; the shovels, rakes, and hoes hung neatly on the wall, rather than leaning haphazardly against it; the floor had been swept, with the dirt and other little bits of refuse now confined to an old bucket he used as a waste bin. Perhaps most impressive of all, the rug and couch cushions had been shaken and beaten, dislodging the dust that had left them looking listless and dull.

Only a freshly cracked bottle of clear liquor and a smouldering bong sat out on the table; only his pen, ink, and half-finished letters were left on the work bench, already long forgotten. Barrett was done cleaning, done writing—he was done with everything aside from entertaining himself and his new guest.

<style type="text/css">
.barrett-snail b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; font-family:georgia,serif; font-size:11px;}
.barrett-snail p {text-indent:25px; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px;}
.barrett-snail {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail-xt.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #000000; padding: 130px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:justify;}
.barrett-snail-inner {width:350px; border:none; margin:0 auto 0px auto;}
.barrett-snail-wc {border-top:1px dotted #000000;line-height:10px;font-size:10px;font-family:'lucida console',sans-serf;text-align:right;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The brilliantly colored female cursed beneath her breath when she saw the door open, the light growing stronger. Would he be able to see her out here in the darkness of the surrounding city-scape? She held completely still, not daring to breathe for a few seconds. The door opened wider, casting her in the flickering light that she had seen a bit of before. A figure partially blocked the glow, and she stared back at it through the dark. It was indeed a member of Crimson Dreams, it would seem.

Whoever it was didn't seem to be upset...in fact, they seemed fairly genial. "I..." All at once the scents hit her, the smell of pot rank in the air. Aha, maybe that was why he was in such a good mood. She was a complete stranger, after all. Naniko got to her feet slowly, brushing herself off with her hands, continuing to watch his form. "Just visiting the city. Looking at a few plants around this area, hoping they'll be ready to cultivate soon. You...do things a different way, don't you?" From this angle she could more easily see the clear structure behind the building.

Naniko approached slowly, still wary. "I won't decline an offer like yours. I'll come in." She replied, swallowing. The place that he'd put together was very nice indeed. Rustic and simple, but with a certain charm about it. She wasn't the type to make new friends very easily or very quickly, but something about this place seemed inviting and the smell of one of her favorite drugs was enough to lure the ghostly female closer this diamond in the rough. "This place looks amazing. Did you decorate it all yourself, sir?" She knew nothing else to call him, the polite title slipping out instead. "Are you the only one here?

<style>
.AnaFK-07 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-07 {background-color:#abb092; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... s/rawr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:294px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-07-border {width:498px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

Barrett smirked knowingly; so what if they'd just met? He understood exactly what kind of “plants” she was talking about. “Guess so, yea,” he agreed. Nothing in the greenhouse had grown substantially since he started tending to it again, but the outdoor crop was already doing better—in the absence of those pesky male plants, the females weren't wasting as much energy going to seed. “Hadn't realised we had random stragglers growin' 'round,” he mused, wondering if he ought to check out these mystery plants on his own some time. He wasn't so selfish as to consider pillaging their intoxicating flowers (he had enough bud, and he was hardly looking to monopolise the market), but he might swipe a few seeds to see if the strand was worth adding to his repertoire (or even hybridising with the existing plants).

The youth watched as the girl—no, woman—stepped forward to get a better view, a move that ironically afforded him the same pleasure. Her coat was a pure, silky white, untarnished by the silvers, greys, and tans that usually accented those of paler colouration. She was larger in stature than he'd anticipated, but she carried her weight well. His gaze trailed over the curve of her hip, the crook of her waist, and up to her face. Her eyes were a vibrant forest green, a far cry from the yellows, reds, and chartreuse found frequently around his birth pack. Though there was appreciation in that look, he was careful not to let his eyes get too comfortable or linger even a moment too long. She seemed a little apprehensive, something hardly unreasonable—nevertheless, his slight slouch, half-drooping ears and eyelids, and lazily swaying tail all spoke volumes: Barrett was harmless.

“Hah! Barry, please,” he chuckled, offering his hand. Though his body had become very adult, he was trapped in a teenage mindset—others addressing him as anything else didn't feel right yet. It was a stroke to his ego, perhaps, but in this case he was feeling too loose and silly for such formalities to be appropriate. “Make yourself at home,” he added, gesturing toward the couch and the goodies placed on the table before it. “Just us, hope you're not too disappointed,” he joked with a wink. “But nah, I'm just the groundskeeper,” he added playfully. Somehow saying his mommy had put it all together didn't seem very cool.

<style type="text/css">
.barrett-snail b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; font-family:georgia,serif; font-size:11px;}
.barrett-snail {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail-xt.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #000000; padding: 130px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:justify;}
.barrett-snail-wc {border-top:1px dotted #000000;line-height:10px;font-size:10px;font-family:'lucida console',sans-serf;text-align:right;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

"I don't know how good it is..but it's better than nothing" She didn't know if the wild crop would be any better or worse than what he had here. She wanted to keep the few plants' locations a secret for now, though. Naniko had considered uprooting the plants and planting them within Anathema's borders, but she also didn't want to damage the plants in the transport or have them not thrive and be out the drugs. Maybe if she just took one plant and tried.

Perhaps he would be able to give her a little bit of advice. She took his invitation to step inside and sat down, still reveling in the place. She never would have guessed that such a nice looking living area would be found inside of such an ugly building. "How do you keep this place cool in the summer? Wouldn't it get pretty hot in here?" She asked. Maybe he just opened those big doors up.

The four year old was a guest in this place. Even with the obvious cues to Barrett's easygoing nature, she couldn't allow herself to remain anything but vigilant. Her eyes searched out the various exits in the room, the things that she could use as weapons should she need to. She also kept her eye on Barrett, watching how he moved and his position within the room. "I'm definitely not disappointed...this is a nice place. And you seem like the kind of guy I could get along with" She admitted as she took a seat on the couch. "I don't get out too much...but I like to have fun when I do."

<style>
[html]

Barry shook his head. To think, such a beautiful woman not having proper access to such a beautiful drug—it ought to have been a crime! In his mind he was no seedy trafficker, no crooked racketeer; no, he was a Crusader for Intoxication, the Menace to Sobriety. “Well, what I'm sellin's a lot better 'n nothing, too,” he piped up. “Samples 're free, of course,” he added, grinning. Already his hands were at work, discarding the spent ash from the bowl so she could enjoy a green hit. He fished for a particularly impressive looking bud from one of his mason jars and began to break it up, being careful to push any seeds aside.

As for her question about the heat he only shrugged, but then his slow mind realised she might have been hinting at something. “Uhhh... I can throw one of the doors open if it's too hot in here for ya,” he offered, not wishing for his guest to be uncomfortable. Being night, it wasn't too warm inside the garage, but it was very smoky. Barrett wasn't especially concerned with conservation or efficiency here—they didn't have to hotbox the building if the atmosphere was too suffocating for her tastes. Still, he made no move to get up just yet, opting instead to finish the task at hand.

“Well, I'm glad to hear it, Ángel de Nieve,” he hummed, realising he had nothing else to call her. The bong was ready. He inched it and the lighter towards her, then kicked back with his feet up on the table. “Oh yeah,” he murmured to himself, reaching for his vat of vodka and taking an absent-minded swig.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

She would try and make as much out of this night as she could. It was great to find someone who had the same view points as her about certain drugs...maybe they'd become friends. A chance meeting turning into something a little bit more. Naniko had simply been curious about the design of the building, having lived in some human structures in the past but none like this one. "Oh, no. I was just wondering, is all. It's an interesting place...kind of hidden in plain sight out here."

She watched him enviously with his piece. She could almost feel it now, the slight burning sensation at the back of her throat. She swallowed a few times, looking away so that it wouldn't seem like she was staring at him. She held her hands on her lap. "So, Barry...what else do you like to do for fun? In our pack we have a spring that we like to relax in...or we explore the underground portion of the territory or visit each other in our dens. I don't mind if canines in my pack use drugs..I use them myself, in my den. When I have them, anyway. Lately I've been running kind of low."

<style>
[html]

The wolf smiled at her observation; it was one of his favourite things about Hilsburn. It appeared pretty unremarkable on the outside, but a closer look revealed it to be a veritable gem, an underground wonderland of sorts—even if not literally, like her mystical cavern and gushing springs. “That sounds chill,” he mused with a nod. He caught her eyeing up his liquor and laughed. “Help yourself,” he said, exchanging it for the bong once she'd finished her hit; her actual question had already been forgotten. What did he do for fun? This, mostly.

“Anyway, if you're looking to restock, you came to the right place,” he said, teasing the lip of the bowl with the lighter's flame and sucking gently at the milky white smoke. Briefly, the only sound to be heard was the quiet rumble of bubbles through the bong. Once satisfied, he gently plucked the bowl from the stem and inhaled sharply. “I'd be happy to work out a trade,” the teen concluded through a cloud of smoke as he passed back the bong. “How much are you looking for, Ojos Verdes?”

The youth stretched languidly before mustering the energy to rise to his feet, a motion which showcased the lean—but toned—muscle of his arms, chest, and abdomen. He moved the short distance to the shelf and began to riffle through the containers on the top row. He selected several bundles and brought them over before plopping down unceremoniously on the couch. “Two ounces, four?” he questioned, peering at her and holding up the corresponding amounts so she could get a visual.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

She would go for as much as she could get, because she would smoke it often if she had it and wanted it to last. She didn't worry about the dried leaves losing their potency because she felt certain that she'd have it all smoked by the time that would have happened. Perhaps the drug would help her get some sleep at night; there had been an instance in which she had smoked until she'd fallen asleep, and her sleep that night had been some of the best she'd gotten in months. Normally she was quite the insomniac.

She took a hit and then another as he used his bong, enjoying the familiar burn that touched the back of her throat. This was some pretty good stuff. She had come to the right place, hmm? So maybe it wasn't just by luck that she had found this garage. She set his piece down, not wanting to appear over-eager or greedy by smoking too much. He seemed like a pretty chill guy, but a part of her never let her settle down completely or allow herself to relax next to someone who wasn't a close friend or family member.

Naniko considered what she had to trade. She had...pretty much nothing. She carried her weapons with her, yeah, but they weren't going anywhere. She needed her axe and he probably already had one anyway...she had the location of a few pot plants, but if he gave her some of his stock then she didn't need to travel to all that distance to those plants. "I have the plants...I could bring them to you, if you wanted. But for the amount I need...four ounces will get me by for now...but I plan on returning if you'd be open to that. I could bring more things later..but at the same time I know I wouldn't trust someone who couldn't pay up front."

The idea hadn't occurred to her at all until she looked down at herself to make sure that she wasn't carrying anything on her that she could possibly trade. "I have myself..." She got up and made to stand in front of him, looking down. "I could even earn some credit, perhaps, with all the things I'd be willing to do. It'd be really, really fun, too. I need this stuff; if you think it'd be a fair trade...then I could start right now." She wasn't known to Barrett as a pack leader or any sort of authority figure, and didn't feel that this was a bad trade. She wanted the drugs, most young wolves wanted one thing.

<style>
[html]
Feel free to archive this when you read it, I guess. XD I'll start the new one soon since you started this one~

“Nah, I don't want to take the plants from ya. I might be interested in some of their seeds, though?” Alone, they would not constitute a fair trade—after all, he didn't need to diversify his existing selection, and a handful of seeds would hardly be any skin off her back—but it was a start. The boy was pretty generous in his dealings, often accepting less for more. On one hand he wanted to build good customer relations; on the other, he really just didn't care. He had too much weed to ever smoke on his own, so trading the excess for some “cool stuff” was a win no matter what. Still, he didn't want to short change himself that much, and though he'd usually take others at their word, he didn't even know her name or that of the pack from which she hailed.

“Maybe some pelts or crystals?” he tried, before his brain sputtered to a halt at her final proposition. Prostitution wasn't something he'd ever considered before, but boy—now was he ever! It didn't occur to him that it might be immoral or wrong; hell, she had offered. And well, he wasn't going to refuse. It had been less than a week since his unexpected fling with Crimson Dreams' captivating Eques, but as Naniko had predicted, the teen was always ready for more. Somewhat dumbfounded, he simply nodded his consent, submitting to the decadence and delight that carried them well into the night. Although this was her payment to him, he did his best to be accommodating and make it fun for her, too. At long last, they collapsed on the couch in a heap, the drugs and her sex carrying him easily into a land of restful slumber.

By the time he awoke, the wraith was gone. Had it not been for the bundles that disappeared with her, he might have thought it all a dream.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]