[html]
Thread Information
Date: Backdated to June 11, 2011

Setting: Cecartori d'Arte's borders

Time: Late Evening, nearly night

Character Form: Optime
[/html]

[html]
Tell me if you want anything changed, and is the date okay? I can change that too.

Even though the sun was well on its way over to the other side of the world, night crawling into its wake, Evelyn was too restless to sleep. She was in a rut; no inspiration flowed through her, no ideas of what to create next with wood or metal. This block of the mind made the female moody, and out of pure frustration locked herself in her house in Thornbury all that day, hoping to childishly force her mind and hands to think of and make something. That attempt was fruitless; all that she was able to work on was another hunting knife, which one has already been made, prime for trade. Never before did the Progettista experienced this lack of imagination, and confusion easily turned into annoyance for the woman. After being cooped up in a building all that afternoon, she wanted to let off steam, and finding that relief by walking along the pack’s edge of territory.

Wandering around the borders of d’Arte wasn’t the most exciting thing to do on her list, but the creator found nothing else to fill her time. As she walked along the perimeter, she soon found it relaxing and calming, and somewhat happy to do this uncalled-for-duty. Her dark ears had heard from another that a murderer nestled into Cercatori not so long before she came to Nova Scotia, and because of this the once peaceful pack was wary, and now that Evelyn was one of them, she too felt their unease. What if another that intends to harm her new friends charm their way into their home like a snake? Maybe out of unconscious thinking the girl had decided to skirt around the borders, just to make her unspoken worry slumber; if she did find a hostile force within her range, the docile woman won’t stand for it for long. Despite being easy-going, Evelyn wasn’t the type of wolf to let this kind of festering thoughts settle within her companions, and rather let them be relieved of them.

WC: 337 +3
<style>
.zero-brick p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-brick b {color:#e587a6; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.zero-brick {border:1px solid #f0e1e6; font-family: georgia,serif; font-size:11px; color:#f0e1e6; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#7e3c2c; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/images/otras/yard/brick.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; width:475px;margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Haley; It is fine hun; 343 words

It had been awhile since Ouija had come this way. He hadn't really thought much of the place since he had left it, only to worry about a friend that had ended up moving on as well. He hadn't made a real connection with anyone else there. Those that he had been fond of were gone. Still he wasn't certain what it was that had caused him to stalk too close to the borders. Well, aside from the creature that he was following. Still, he should have recognized the scent and had steered away. But while he was close he stopped at the border tree.

His fingers rose to touch the tree, finding the symbols that had been placed there. He didn't discredit his rune work but it was the faith of the others. They didn't believe. They weren't careful and didn't protect themselves. It was their own fault that such events had been brought down upon them. After all he was safe and had made it out of there safely. His friend was safe as well. But the others, the ones that he didn't have a connection with, who knew what happened to them. They left themselves in harm's way so it was entirely their fault whatever happened to them.

An ear twitched as he caught the sound of someone else moving about. He shifted his satchel across his back and turned to look and see who it was. Certainly not someone that he recognized but that didn't prevent him from calling out. "I wouldn't go in there unless you wish to tempt your own fate. Those living in there have marked themselves for death. It would be best for you to leave before you curse yourself." He gave the other a warning and if she didn't heed it then it was all on her. He had given her fair enough warning of what her fate would end up being should she linger for too long. She would be another lost soul that no one would care about when she passed on.

<style type="text/css">
.urrplaynes b {font-weight:bold; color:#f7feec; letter-spacing:1px; }
.urrplaynes .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.urrplaynes p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.urrplaynes {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /v1rvb.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8edaf5; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The night was peaceful, quiet, undisturbed, and the girl thought she might have started to feel tired, eyes compelled to be closed and rested. But as she walked further around the border, the crisp air held a scent she never smelled before; it was definitely wolf, and that enough made her jolt back from the blissful haze that she had started to fall under. Though she felt the hair on her neck start to rise, she kept herself from rushing, and again breathed in the air to make sure she was not mistaken or imagining things. But sure enough, the scent was there, and fresh as well; it wasn’t a loner, since the scent faintly carried many others with it. She had yet to meet one of the other packs’ wolves, and her skittish nature that night made her wary.

She made no attempt to be silent, or even thought about doing so; Evelyn saw no need to be stealthy, so she just walked at a slightly quickened pace towards where the other was. As she got closer, she finally saw the male, standing before a great tree brandished with colorful decorations. The girl paid no heed to the border tree, and approached Ouija until she was a good four yards away, and made sure she was clear in the sight of the other. Though she didn’t know if he was friendly or not, she didn’t want to provoke a fight by concealing herself in any way.

The hybrid was caught off-guard by his multi-colored fur, but got over that fact quickly as he called out when he heard her. Marked for death, cursed? The girl didn’t know what tomfoolery this man was speaking of at first, but it made her uncomfortable; he seemed confident about what he spoke, but she made herself believe he was just trying to mess with her mind. “Who are you, and why are you here?” she asked cautiously, her eyes narrowed with obvious dislike for the Anathema wolf.

WC: 334 +3
<style>
.zero-brick b {color:#e587a6; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.zero-brick {border:1px solid #f0e1e6; font-family: georgia,serif; font-size:11px; color:#f0e1e6; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#7e3c2c; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/images/otras/yard/brick.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; width:475px;margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Haley; 329 words

He had no need to tempt the other's mind. That simply wasn't the sort of wolf that he was. It was a simple and fair warning, not something meant to try and scare her. Instead he was offering concern for her health and safety. But it wasn't like she knew him in order to know of his intentions. So really he couldn't fault her for her caution. It was simply learned through interactions with him that he wouldn't seek to try and harm another without their consent. That he was about another's pleasure before his own. Well, actually his own pleasure came through making certain another got theirs.

"I'm Ouija and I can't say what I am doing here exactly. I hadn't meant to be here." He had no intentions of coming this way but simply it was where his wandering had carried him "Though since I am here I thought I would look at the border tree at least and see what changes were made to it." That at least explained what it was that he was doing for the moment. And with that explained he ended up turning to focus fully on the female and to forget about the tree for the moment.

"Again I would stay away from this pack if you value your life. They allow a murderer to live within their midst. Their have been multiple deaths and injuries without repercussions. It took the leaders weeks, perhaps even nearly a month, to ever do anything about searching for the murderer and informing the rest of the pack of what had happened. They did nothing to protect their members." He gave her a brief overview of what had transpired before he had left. Actually what had happened had been the reason that he had left. He had been looking to start a family at the time and since pups were going missing and being killed it really wasn't the ideal place to raise a family.

<style type="text/css">
.urrplaynes .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.urrplaynes {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /v1rvb.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8edaf5; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Evelyn listened to the stranger, and found no fault in his first statement. She supposed that feet do sometimes have a mind of their own, and would lead to their own desired path; is that not how she ended up in d’Arte as well? As she continued taking note of what this Ouija was saying, it seemed that he was once of this pack, or someone who had visited often before. Either way, she was still not finding this male friendly in her own terms, but she decided to at least not act outwardly hostile to him, only for the pack’s sake. Evelyn guessed to might as well not to shed blood or exchange angered words over a former member, since it may not fly well with Skye.

Still, what the painted wolf said after mentioning the border tree ticked her off. Again, with the ‘value your life’ talk, she thought with a grimace, and her face further showed displeasure as Ouija went on explaining the murder that occurred some time ago. “Listen… Ouija, right?” The name sounded alien on her tongue, but she at least pronounced it right enough for the Anathema canine to understand that it was his name. “Look, I already know about the murders.” Sure, she did not know that there was more than just a one murder, since Slade only mentioned Shawchert’s deceased puppy, nor of the time span it took to catch the killer. None the less, she continued without pause with her wedge wood eyes narrowed into points, “And it doesn’t mean I’m going to go running with my tail between my legs. I’m certain that what happened before will never repeat again.” And I will make sure of that, she added silently, though her eyes said it all.

“Besides, the pack is fairing much better now,” she informed the D’Angelo, and otherwise kept her mouth shut so that it would not spat spiteful insults.

WC: 322 +3
<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Haley; 517 words

He was giving the female fair warning. But if she didn't want to listen and grew upset over it then that was her problem. After all he was only giving advice and wishing her to remain safe. But if she didn't want that then there was nothing that he could do. If she didn't care about herself then why should he? "Ah, so leadership had finally come to term with all of the wrongs that they had committed. They finally admitted fault then." How else would she know about the murders and be so certain that they wouldn't happen again. If the leaders had admitted that it was them that had allowed everything to happen and learned from it then perhaps it might not happen again. Still he wouldn't be so certain.

"I am glad that they finally came clean. The male sleeping with the members and creating children that he refused to protect and care for. Him allowing a murderer to walk and live amongst the pack without trying to figure out who it was and run him out. No, instead he let some low level member tell him what to do and act as if she had power instead of letting her know that he was in charge. But no, he was too busy messing with her to worry about the children he had fathered. The female leader did nothing in her role. She was just there but didn't have an input and the male leader couldn't make a single decision on his own. He depended on his pack to tell him what to do. But I am glad they finally let everyone know that they weren't the best pick for leadership and handed things over to more capable hands." That was the only thing he can think of that would have this female speaking with such confidence that something like what happened before would never happen again. The previous leaders must have stepped down and given the pack to those whom could control it and keep it safe since they were unable to do that themselves.

He smiled and gave a slight nod of his head. "I am glad to hear that. I still hope you will continue on with caution though. Keep yourself safe and adhere to the ways that you bring protection upon yourself. You never know the extent and length of the curse that has been placed on this land. The blood of the young has been spilled multiple times in the same area and that makes for powerful magic. Things might seem calm for awhile but that is the nature of curses. They lay low until the time to cause the most havoc is at hand and strike then." Yes, he truly believed in all that he was saying. There had been a minor upset in the cult previously and things had gotten better after that only for the tribunal to lose their lives and everyone lose their home in the end. He feared the same might happen here. That those who linger may find their lives completely torn asunder.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 393:: I find it funny what she said at the end of the second paragrapth; aftera a month from this thread, she breaks her arm and a rib. >> I wonder if she would believe Ouija then? xD

Evelyn unwillingly listened to Ouija as he continued to talk about things that she had not been told before, and surely was not supposed to reach her ears. She had heard of Shawchert, but they were good things, that he was a great craftsman and a friendly leader, never had she heard a bad thing about him besides the fact that he up and left for no reason and without notice. But she had not known everything there was to know about the former leader, and dark words about his sins that was none of the girl’s business was now being spoken into the cool air. Her stomach churned with negative feelings toward the painted man that stood before her, trying to convince her mouth to state against what he was saying, and to try to say they were lies. But his voice was sure and what he was addressing most likely happened since she was not there when all these events occurred, and not knowing how to react to such slander was out left her speechless.

“What does that have anything to do with the murders?” she questioned Ouija with spite in her tone, “They had trouble with leadership, what pack doesn’t? Not everyone is perfect.” Again the D’Angelo was going on about curses, and his words went through Evelyn’s ear and out the other; she was not a religious Luperci, believing in no deity or any forces that controlled her future. The only way to live life was to do things yourself, not to jabber some incantation for some god to decide things for you, or at least that was the way she lived, being the hard worker she was. “I highly doubt this place has a curse; nothing bad had yet to happen to anyone as far as I knew that had anything to do with some karma or whatever you believe in.

“Now, if you don’t have any business here besides looking at the tree, I would kindly ask you to leave,” she said in a not so friendly tone that was unusually of herself. In the back of her mind she hoped that he would not cause any trouble; despite being taller and stronger than average females, she was not a fighter and would not know what to do if the man decided to attack for whatever reason.

WC
<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Haley; Awwe, poor girl. So, this is going to be my last post here but I'll let you decide if you want to post again or archive it; 548 words

The things he spoke weren't a secret. They were known by all that had been in the pack before. The leader had done nothing to conceal his transgression. He let some female run him and tell him what to do. The other might like to have thought that he was leadership material but he proved he wasn't. He couldn't protect the pack. He had let a murderer walk amongst them without any sort of consequence. He couldn't hold things together. And, not that he knew it, the other had fled when things were still bad. That really had to make him the worse leader ever since he couldn't handle the responsibility for his actions in the slightest.

"Everything. It was every poor decision. They let in the murderer. They did nothing after the first murderer, not even bothering to investigate it. They allowed for a second murder to take place and still did nothing. It was only after the murderer had parted from the pack lands did they finally think to inform the pack to be careful. They did nothing to protect their own as they should have as leaders." He shook his head. That went beyond trouble with leadership. They had put everyone in harm's way and did nothing at all about it. They proved they didn't care for the pack and those in it when they did nothing about the murders or offered up a warning. "I would say they did. They shouldn't be leaders at all. They couldn't be concerned about the pack's safety in the slightest. It wasn't until the murderer had left the lands and his scent had gone cold before they decided to let anyone know they were in trouble. But if you want to put your life into the hands of someone who would do nothing if you died then that is your decision. If they were proper leaders there never should have been a second murder." Or maybe his expectations were too high. Maybe he shouldn't expect leaders to care for their members and want them to remain safe. Maybe he shouldn't expect for them to take responsibility.

"You can believe or you cannot. I've always had different beliefs from everyone else." He reached up and wrapped a hand around his gris gris. "At least now you know to be careful. I am not going to force my beliefs on you. I just wish you do whatever means to keep yourself safe. I really wouldn't like to see someone as beautiful as you come to harm. Your colors are so beautiful. If only we had met on more pleasant terms so that I could have come to know you better." He offered up a bit of a smile and dipped his head. He might be quite large but he wasn't a fighter. Oh no, he was more of a lover instead. But then again he didn't get in fights where he came from. Everyone knew their place and so they got along. He moved past the female, continuing on his way south. "I mean it, take care of yourself." He said as he walked by, continuing on his way. He still didn't have a destination in mind but was simply distancing himself from both packs that he had lived in.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]